PDA

View Full Version : Tips on making a PF Magus?

SkarnerDaBest
2014-03-13, 08:08 PM
I will be starting a game soon where I will be playing a Mythic Magus Hexcrafter.

We are starting at level 2, and the GM spoiled to me that we are starting at mythic rank 0 because each character is the son/daughter of a god/deity. I will personally be setting up my back story as a pirate, and I am Chaotic Good. The character will be using mostly cold spells due to my personal preference(but by no means are other energies out of question, cold is just his primary damage type) and he will be human. The character is going to use a scimitar because the crit range is nice with Spell Combat.

My GM's only request from the players was to not make broken power-gamed characters. This is something I personally have never had a problem with, playing characters because it's fun to do it more than to see how broken I can be.

My problem is that I've never played a magus before, and i wasn't sure if there are any particular tips anyone had to offer up for how I should build the character.

geekintheground
2014-03-13, 08:13 PM
the devish dance feat fits well both with the weapon you chose AND your back story (i've always thought of pirates as dexterous people) so theres that.

Psyren
2014-03-13, 08:21 PM
General "this is my first time playing X" type questions are best answered with handbooks. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/-walter-s-lab/embedded-magus) Read that one, and feel free to come back with any questions you might have.

SkarnerDaBest
2014-03-13, 08:31 PM
Thanks for that Psyren. To top it off, I'm not exactly well versed in forums either :P I'll get right to reading that.