PDA

View Full Version : Does black blood cultist make grappling viable?

CyberThread
2014-03-13, 10:12 PM
I know grappling is .... horrible, but does going with the best prc possible.

Does the BBC make grappling viable, or just report old news?

tyckspoon
2014-03-13, 10:19 PM
It makes it a decent way to do damage. It doesn't solve any of the other problems grappling has, and it's not particularly better than any of the other things you could be doing with natural weapons IMO (heck, the class requires rage to get in, so you're probably a WhirlPounce Barbarian anyway. Is spending two feats on Imp. Unarmed Strike and Track to get into Black Blood Cultist better than spending two feats on Power Attack and Leap Attack? Or Multi-attack/Improved?)

But if you've decided you wanna grapple things, it'll let you kill the things you've grappled pretty efficiently. Which is nice, 'cause there aren't that many ways to be really dangerous inside a grapple.

Nihilarian
2014-03-13, 10:22 PM
It makes it a decent way to do damage. It doesn't solve any of the other problems grappling has, and it's not particularly better than any of the other things you could be doing with natural weapons IMO (heck, the class requires rage to get in, so you're probably a WhirlPounce Barbarian anyway. Is spending two feats on Imp. Unarmed Strike and Track to get into Black Blood Cultist better than spending two feats on Power Attack and Leap Attack? Or Multi-attack/Improved?)

But if you've decided you wanna grapple things, it'll let you kill the things you've grappled pretty efficiently. Which is nice, 'cause there aren't that many ways to be really dangerous inside a grapple.Seems pretty dangerous to me. Just reading the grapple rules forces me to make a will save.