PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] About this Evoker...

Yael
2014-03-14, 12:22 AM
Maybe this is the second time I post a thread like this, but I just don't seem to get the idea behind a "good" evoker, I'm pretty sure that the evoker's job is "Blasting," even though other especializations do it better. Which feats should use? Which spells are good? Which items should be rushed? Which prestige classes are potentially good for this purpose?

Every source from 3.0 to 3.5, third party allowed and also PF stuff that doesn't mess up with the 3.5 system (say same version of a feat, but improved/nerfed.)

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-03-14, 03:18 AM
The purpose of the evoker is to a) kill stuff with blasting and b) defeat enemy attacks with evocation effects.

Spells you'll need;
Magic Missile, Darkness, Scorching Ray, Wings of Cover, Fireball, Darklight, Blast Barrage, Mordenkainen's Force Missiles, Emergency Force Sphere, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Celerity, Geyser, Wall of Force, Wall of Fire, Contingency, Forcecage.

Feats you'll need;
Dazing Spell, Felldrain Spell, Thanatopic Spell, Searing Flame, Twin, Quicken any feat that improves metamagic

Classes;
Pathfinder Sorcerer for base, Incantatrix for PrC.

Have fun dealing 10 negative levels using a 4th level spell slot with a twinned, felldrain, thanatopic magic missile that always hits and cuts through negative energy immunity. Or stopping flat attacks that would instant-kill you with 2nd level spells.