PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Early Bloomer Bloodline

Shadowscale
2014-03-14, 09:50 AM
I had the idea for a young child sorcerer character, and I was wondering if anyone could help me design a bloodline to demonstrate a sorcerer child prodigy bloodline most likely from draconic blood influence? I'd really appreciate any help as I'm not the best at designing homebrew. My idea is akin to the wild mage where less control is had over the power, but it is overwhelmingly powerful as the trade off explaining the earlier arcane development.

Essentially if anyone at all could help me come up with what would need to go into making this i'd really appreciate it. I was trying to aim for a character who grows more powerful with raw powerful arcane magic, yet at the same time is unbound by it and potentially dangerous to themselves and those around them.

malonkey1
2014-03-14, 08:50 PM
Okay, here's a few thoughts:

Bloodline Arcana: When casting a spell, you can choose to flip a coin. If heads, add your Charisma bonus (minimum 1) to your caster level for that spell. If tails, subtract your Charisma bonus (minimum 1) from your caster level for that spell.

A few thoughts for bloodline powers:

Gain a luck bonus on saving throws?

Activate a small wild magic field for a few rounds?

Cast a random spell of a certain type (damaging, support, battlefield control, etc.) by expending a spell slot?

Shadowscale
2014-03-15, 03:26 AM
Okay, here's a few thoughts:

Bloodline Arcana: When casting a spell, you can choose to flip a coin. If heads, add your Charisma bonus (minimum 1) to your caster level for that spell. If tails, subtract your Charisma bonus (minimum 1) from your caster level for that spell.

A few thoughts for bloodline powers:

Gain a luck bonus on saving throws?

Activate a small wild magic field for a few rounds?

Cast a random spell of a certain type (damaging, support, battlefield control, etc.) by expending a spell slot?

I actually really like these ideas would you mind helping me balance its abilities and do the levels and spells/abilities?

NeoSeraphi
2014-03-15, 03:49 AM
Help:

For the arcana, there should be a clause stating "The caster level of your spell cannot drop below 1 in this way".

For the luck bonus to your saving throws, how about this: "Three times per day, when the sorcerer successfully increases her caster level with her arcana, she gains a luck bonus to her saving throws equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum +1) for the rest of the encounter".

Wild Magic Field (Su): Once per day as a standard action, the sorcerer may unleash her untapped power. Creatures within 30 feet of her (allies and enemies, includes herself) take a -2 penalty to their caster level for all spells and spell-like abilities, but when they cast a spell or use a spell-like ability, they add 1d6 to their caster level for that spell or spell-like ability. This aura persists for a number of rounds equal to the sorcerer's class level.

Random Magic (Su): A sorcerer may choose to let loose and let her blood do the deciding for her. When casting a spell, she may choose to expend a spell slot of any non-cantrip spell she has available to cast, and choose destruction, enhancement, or debilitation. The sorcerer then casts a spell of the level of the spell slot she gave up, randomly selected from the appropriate spells in the Core Rulebook that fit her description.

Destruction - A destruction spell must cause hit point damage to a creature or object.

Enhancement - An enhancement spell must provide a numerical bonus to a creature's attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, ability checks, ability scores, base speed, CMB, CMD, AC, or initiative. Other spells that provide a non-numerical bonus (such as the fly, invisibility, or stoneskin spells) may be cast at the DM's discretion.

Debilitating - A debilitating spell must cause some condition to a creature, as listed in the conditions section of the Core Rulebook.

When a sorcerer casts a spell with Random Magic, she gains a benefit. When she casts a destruction spell, she deals 1 additional damage per die rolled, of the type that the spell deals. When she casts an enhancement spell, the numerical bonus increases by +1, with an additional +1 per 3 levels of the spell slot given up (to a maximum of +4 for a 9th level spell slot). A debilitating spell has the DC of its saving throw (if any) increased by +1, with an additional +1 per 3 levels of the spell slot given up (to a maximum of +4 for a 9th level spell slot).