PDA

View Full Version : Assault on Isle Deepspring - IC

Promises Kept
2014-03-14, 04:03 PM
Assault on Isle Deepspring

Thunder crashes overhead, as your small boat draws nearer to the Isle. The smell of ozone is strong in the air, as another bolt from the eternal storm surrounding the Isle strikes the water near your craft. The captain calls out from the wheel, "It's not usually so violent, this time of year! Think the wizard may be in a mood again!" As spray from the waves crashing into your tiny vessel strikes you in the face, you get a glimpse of your destination, a massive, rocky mass in the middle of the grand lake, with a truly enormous castle rising from the center of the isle. Castle Deepspring, the dwelling place of a dark king, a traveller from another plane, and perhaps the most powerful archmage in all the land. And you hope to kill him. You poor sods.

The winds grow louder and louder as you draw near to the isle. Looking port, you think you see why - a massive waterspout has formed, and is headed straight at you at a remarkable speed. You'll have mere seconds before it reaches you.

Leeroy:
Your Mindsight range is 60 feet, yes? Lurking roughly 50 feet below the boat, you detect two minds. The first is of the Dragon Type, and has an Intelligence of 12. The second is of the Magical Beast Type, and has 21 Int.

Initiative:

Unsurprised:
??? 1: [roll0]
????: [roll1]

Leeroy:[roll2]

Surprised:
Kamynar: [roll3]
Henry: [roll4]
Maylene: [roll5]
Helmed Horror: [roll6]

Promises Kept
2014-03-14, 04:05 PM
Initiative:
Unsurprised:
??? 1: [roll0]
????: [roll1]

Leeroy:[roll2]

Surprised:
Kamynar: [roll3]
Henry: [roll4]

It appears Leeroy gets to start the surprise round!

Adunatar
2014-03-14, 06:12 PM
Leeroy suddenly launched himself in the air, grasping his naginata.

- We have visitors, underneath the ship! I can sense two creatures, and one of them is... a dragon? I never heard of an underwater dragon, have you?

Vigor, Overchanneled to the max (+75 hp, effective 150 hp buffer due to Share pain). Also fly upward, hopefully the water creature(s) can't reach into the air

Doxkid
2014-03-14, 08:09 PM
Henry remains in his seat, fiddling with his Claw-Gauntlets. "That's nice," he says calmly, unconcerned about what Leeroy perceives as threats. "Haven't seen one of those in a while."

Promises Kept
2014-03-14, 08:52 PM
An immense... turtle rises up from beneath the boat, capsizing it and throwing everyone but Leeroy into the water. A simple snap of its titanic jaws leaves you lacking one captain. As you hit the stormy seas, an incredibly thick, barbed tentacle snakes out of the depths and grabs at Kamynar.

Attack Roll: [roll0] vs. Flat-Footed AC
Damage: [roll1]

If the attack hits, Grapple Check: [roll2]

Make an Opposed Grapple Check

If this succeeds, Constrict Damage: [roll3]

---Surprise Round End---

---Round 1 Start---

WebTiefling
2014-03-14, 11:05 PM
Insert At Proper Intiative Order

Maylene splutters and shakes her head to clear the water out as she treads water. The feeling that something was beneath the black water ready to pull her down almost had her panic, but years of adventuring had drilled in that it would be the least useful thing, and probably last thing, she might do.

Beasts? Let that hunky looking guy take care of that - he looked like he knew his way around his pole. Clunk was usually quick to attack threats too.

But, it wouldn't hurt to soften them up a bit.

She pulled out her wand of Magic Missile, tweaked the magic in it just enough that it would drain life and let a blast of Fell Drain Magic Missiles fly.

3 missiles at the tentacle grabbing Kamynar and 2 at the giant turtle.

[roll0] and drain a level from tentacle monster
[roll1] and drain a level from tentacle monster
[roll2] and drain a level from tentacle monster

[roll3] and drain a level from turtle
[roll4] and drain a level from turtle

WebTiefling
2014-03-14, 11:35 PM
Clunk was bumped up into the air by the upswelling beast, but as the boat dropped back down to be crunched by the massive jaws, Clunk hovered in the air. Basic magical imperatives outside of direct commands flowed through him, the first being to save his master from immediate danger, but she bobbed back up.

Very well. Then was to attack to the best of his skills to keep Maylene from danger. The tentacles seemed to be the most dangerous as they flailed about. Very well.

Clunk Charged through the air toward the tentacles.
Attack at +16 +2 for charge, AC -2 until next turn = 30.
Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirm on 17-20: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit damage if confirm: [roll3]

Doxkid
2014-03-15, 12:55 AM
Henry barely seems to notice the boat under him vanishing; he lands in the water with hardly a splash and then simply floats there, still staring at his claw. Only when Kamynar is assaulted does he stop studying himself and take in the battle. He is pleased at having battle delivered to him. Annoyed at the loss of the captain and the attack upon one of his companions, but still pleased deep down.

“I was using that. They are mine.” Bubbles froth from his mouth with each worth and his Greater Claw is raised threateningly in the air.

It is impossible to tell what about the Turtle provokes him. All that is obvious is that Henry skims across the water and slams his Greater Claw down on the beast in a manner that certainly hurt it more than it hurt him. His lesser claw also gets a turn at ravaging the creature, but with significantly less impressive results.

Henry Charges the Dragon-Turlte, gaining +2 to Hit on the attacks that follow.

Greater Claw Attack: [roll0]
Greater Claw Damage: [roll1]

If that hits Henry attempts to start a grapple as a free action; this does not provoke and Attack of Opportunity.

Opposed Grapple check: [roll2] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws)

If successful he constricts the opponent for Greater Claw damage

Greater Claw damage: [roll3]

---

As a swift action Henry prepares to Shell Smash with his Lesser Claw, making that attack count as a Melee Touch attack.

lesser Claw Attack: [roll4] vs Touch AC.

lesser Claw Damage: [roll5]
----

If both claw attacks land on the Dragon Turtle this triggers Henry’s Limbripper ability targeted at one of the Dragon Turtle’s right leg: the Dragon Turtle must make a fort save DC 29 or lose (in this case) it’s right leg, along with 10 movement speed and it’s Claw attack from that limb.

Adunatar
2014-03-15, 03:04 PM
Dragon turtle - that must have been the "dragon" he had sensed in the depths - seemed to be well under the care of his companions, but the other monster, a devilishly smart tentacled abomination, was still lurking beneath the waves, untargetable as of yet, and dangerous. Leeroy figured he'd do no good up in the air, and decided to take the battle down to the mysterious tentacled creature.

- Prepare for the transformation. I'm going in! - shouted pixie, as his body suddenly elongated, taking the shape of a strange tentacled tree, and the transformed creature plummeted in the waves, its tentacles already unfurling in a battle formation towards the submerged monster.

Metamorphosis into Octopus Tree (Fiend Folio). Since it's 14HD, I have to Overchannel by 1 ML and take [roll0] damage, which is halved and deducted from my temporary HP buffer. Since I still have movement left, I'll use it to close on the Kraken as much as possible (my swim speed is 50 in this form)

Promises Kept
2014-03-15, 03:24 PM
Leeroy's sudden shapeshift seems to catch the turtle off guard, but he has but a moment to savor its shocked expression before he plunges into the stormy sea. As he swims deeper, he catches sight of an immense, tentacled monster. It looks almost like a squid, but... other, and its eyes gleam with a cruel intelligence. He has no time to contemplate this, however, as one of its massive, barbed tentacles swings up at his form!

AoO with a Tentacle:

Attack: [roll0]

If the attack hits, Grapple Check: [roll2]

Make an Opposed Grapple Check

If this succeeds, Constrict Damage: [roll3]

Of course, given your AC, it's not exactly likely to hit you.

Barring the Grapple interrupting movement, you're about 10 feet away from the Kraken.

Shortly after Leeroy hits the water, the great turtle acts. Turning slightly so as to catch all those on the surface, it breaths out an immense cloud of scorching hot steam, scalding you all.

Maximized Clinging Steam Breath as a full-round action.

Everyone but Leeroy is caught in the Dragon Turtle's Breath. You take 72 points of Fire Damage. Make a Reflex Save, DC 31, for half damage.

The breath clings to you in a cloud after you are first burned. Next round, take 1/2 the damage taken this round.

Waiting on Kamynar, now.

supernerd
2014-03-15, 09:45 PM
Feeling the singe of the turtle's scalding breath, as he manages to roll out of the main blast, his faith rewarded by the gift of air. Kamynar unfurled his white energy, feather manifesting wings going to the sky. He called out to his fellows, channelling his positive energy, "Let us fight this day in the name of all that is Free of Will and Pure of Heart!" He then summoned the power of his bard song, "In the days of yore, we find the light to come."

Move: 15ft up and the rest is used as part of Good maneuverability.
Swift Action: Hero's Leadership: +10 morale to Hit, [roll0] Temporary HP.
Standard Action: Inspire Courage: +13 Attack and Damage. Supercedes the attack from Hero's Leadership.

Promises Kept
2014-03-15, 10:23 PM
Kamynar's words grant strength to his allies - most particularly Henry, whose immensely powerful blows find purchase in the Turtle.

Opposed Grapple Check to resist Henry:[roll0]
Fortitude Save against Henry's Limbripper:[roll1]

Just as the crab-man is done beating down the turtle, though, the waterspout hits. Tornado-strength winds buffet the party, and the vortex threatens to suck you in. The funnel cloud itself seems to seek out the flying Kamynar, though, and he is sucked in.

Maylene, Clunk, and Henry need to make a Fort Save DC 30 to avoid being sucked into the torndado. It moved into Kamynar's square, so he doesn't get a save. He's being whirled around in the tornado for [roll2] rounds. The first round, he takes [roll3] points of damage. The same is true for any who fail the save.

If Maylene or Clunk makes their save, I'll assess their damage to the Turtle. If not, they're stuck in a tornado. I'm proceeding assuming that you won't change actions.

As the chaos on the surface unfolds, the Kraken attempts to deal with Leeroy. Using all it can bring to bear, it tries to overwhelm the Octopus Tree.

Full Attack routine from the Kraken. 2 Tentacle, 6 Arm, 1 Bite.

Tentacle 1: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Improved Grab: [roll6]
Constrict: [roll7]
Tentacle 2: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]
Improved Grab: [roll10]
Constrict: [roll11]
Arm 1: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]
Improved Grab: [roll14]
Constrict: [roll15]
Arm 2: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17]
Improved Grab: [roll18]
Constrict: [roll19]
Arm 3: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21]
Improved Grab: [roll22]
Constrict: [roll23]
Arm 4: [roll24]
Damage: [roll25]
Improved Grab: [roll26]
Constrict: [roll27]
Arm 5: [roll28]
Damage: [roll29]
Improved Grab: [roll30]
Constrict: [roll31]
Arm 6: [roll32]
Damage: [roll33]
Improved Grab: [roll34]
Constrict: [roll35]
Bite: [roll36]
Damage: [roll37]

Dang, for a vanilla monster, that's a hell of an attack routine.

---Round 1 End---

---Round 2 Start---

Promises Kept
2014-03-15, 10:25 PM
Crit Confirmation:
Arm 4 was a nat-20, so:
Arm 4: [roll0]

Additionally, this means you'll have to roll to resist the grapple for that arm.

WebTiefling
2014-03-15, 10:31 PM
[roll0] and I have Fire Resist 30.
Maylene screeches as the scalding steam washes over her, and she is tempted to duck under the water to try washing it off, but forces herself through the pain and lets off another blast from her wand, again tweaking it to drain energy when it hits.

Auto hit magic missiles.
[roll1] plus negative 1 level
[roll2] plus negative 1 level
[roll3] plus negative 1 level
[roll4] plus negative 1 level
[roll5] plus negative 1 level
The Helmed Horror continues floating above the water to strike at the turtle, but the powerful winds suck it into the swirling vortex of water and wind.

Attacks: [roll6] ; [roll7] ; [roll8]
Crits?: [roll9] ; [roll10] ; [roll11]
Damage: [roll12] ; [roll13] ; [roll14]
That first attack was a crit, possibly confirmed if a 30 to hit confirms it.

WebTiefling
2014-03-15, 10:44 PM
Sorry; I posted too quickly.
Fort save for Maylene: [roll0]
Fort save for Clunk: [roll1]
(Clunk's a construct, so fort saves are funky for them. If its Cha score would be substituted for its non-existent Con score, its Cha bonus is +3 and not included in the roll above)

Doxkid
2014-03-16, 01:54 AM
Henry hisses and snaps his claws as the steam washes over him. The red in his claws and armor changes from the natural, dull, washed out red-orange it usually is to the bright and flavorful Red of a cooking shellfish. He’s not too happy about that.

Rich, delicious smells waft away from him constantly with the most potent concentration of the smells drifting directly at the Turtle who has become Henry’s sworn enemy as Henry continues to pound its shell into dust.
“FOR THE CRABS! FOR THE CRABS!” He screeches, locked in his deathmatch.

Henry uses his Delicious Crab ability with the DC augmented by 1 point due to the fire damage he recently took, and then bops the Dragon Turtle twice.
----
Delicious Crab: The Dragon Turtle (and any other nearby enemies) must make a will save DC: 28 or attack me on the next opportunity. It attacks to the best of its ability, but must use a Bite Attack if it has one.
----
Greater Claw Attack: [roll0]
Greater Claw Damage: [roll1]

If that hits Henry once again attempts to start a grapple as a free action; this does not provoke and Attack of Opportunity.

Opposed Grapple check: [roll2] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws)

If successful he constricts the opponent for Greater Claw damage
Greater Claw damage: [roll3]
---
lesser Claw Attack: [roll4] vs Touch AC.
lesser Claw Damage: [roll5]

If that hits Henry once again attempts to start a grapple as a free action; this does not provoke and Attack of Opportunity.

Opposed Grapple check: [roll6] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws)

If successful he constricts the opponent for lesser Claw damage
Greater Claw damage: [roll7]
----
If both claw attacks land on the Dragon Turtle this triggers Henry’s Limb Ripper ability targeted at the Dragon Turtle’s right foreleg: the Dragon Turtle must make a fort save DC 27 or lose (in this case) its right foreleg, along with 10 movement speed and it’s Claw attack from that limb.

Adunatar
2014-03-16, 09:30 AM
Leeroy laughed, as he dodged the swarm of tentacles trying to latch at his flesh. Even the ones that seemed to surely catch him, failed to get a grip. "You have met your match, the abomination from the depths. I shall dine on your flesh tonight!", - he taunted his opponent's mind telepathically, while maneuvering around the sluggish squid, striking with all of his tentacles at every opportunity.

All tentacles should auto-hit except on natural 1.
Tentacle 1: [roll0] for [roll1]
Tentacle 2: [roll2] for [roll3]
Tentacle 3: [roll4] for [roll5]
Tentacle 4: [roll6] for [roll7]
Tentacle 5: [roll8] for [roll9]
Tentacle 6: [roll10] for [roll11]
Tentacle 7: [roll12] for [roll13]
Tentacle 8: [roll14] for [roll15]
I don't think I'm getting close enough for a bite.

EDIT: and that were some crappy damage rolls - at least 6 1's in a row...

supernerd
2014-03-16, 09:49 AM
Kamynar cries out a word of power, using the melding of his song and magic he'd learned on his onset to calm the storm around his mind, popping out away from the waterspout, and out of the way of combat for the moment. He looked onto the scene continuing to support his allies as best he could and looked for options, healing the damage he had taken earlier, "Wherefore that light will bring eternal peace."

Maintain Inspire Courage
Immediate: Spent Previously on Badge of Valor
Standard: Melodic Casting: Dimension Leap: Concentration: Perform (Sing): [roll0]
Move: Non-restricted from teleportation (lacks the move action to move only text): Lay on Hands, Self, 36

Promises Kept
2014-03-16, 11:53 AM
The wave of steam which washed over Maylene seems to have had another effect - her morningstar has been warped beyond repair, becoming totally unusable.

You rolled a nat 1 on the save, so an item took damage. I rolled and got "Stowed or Sheathed Weapon," which I took to be your morningstar. Even if it successfully saved, it takes enough damage to be destroyed.

Leeroy's resilience and assault seems to have severely weakened the Kraken, which appears to be on the brink of death.

Kamynar has no difficulty concentrating enough to remove himself from the vortex.

The Dragon Turtle seems to be quite, quite angry, what with missing a limb and all. It fights back against Henry as best as it can.

Bite Attack: [roll0]
Claw Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Henry's brutal reply seems to very nearly finish off the turtle.

Fort Save: [roll4]

Clunky is spun around by the waterspout, which, as if sensing the turning tide, heads towards the island, carrying the horror along with it.

Just gonna roll all three remaining rounds of damage now.
This Round: [roll5]
Next Round: [roll6]
Round Clunky Goes Free: [roll7]

Assuming nobody tries to get him out (since he can't move out normally), he'll be deposited somewhere between here and the island's shores, and you can pick him up on your way in.

Maylene's missiles seem almost too much for the poor turtle, which is looking decidedly worse for the wear after the brutal beating it has received.

The Kraken, sensing the battle is lost, puts up a smokescreen and jets away.

Leeroy:
It's well out of the range of your Mindsight now.

---Round 2 End---

---Round 3 Start---

supernerd
2014-03-16, 01:57 PM
Kamynar looks to the Turtle, possibly taking its last breath beneath the waves, and is overwhelmed with pity for the dying creature, he dives in, calling out to his comrades, "Don't kill it, it's not a threat and I can't let something that has been robbed so thoroughly of life die if its comrade has abandoned it!" As he calls out, he pushes into the mind of the turtle, wishing to give it one last chance, calling this time to the turtle in the tongue of the dragons, "<Please, If you let me in, I can give you back your life!>"

Friggin exalted path.
Move: Dive in so that people can hear me.
Standard: Psionic Dominate: Duration - 1 day. DC27 Will Negates

Doxkid
2014-03-16, 02:44 PM
Henry raises his Greater Claw in the direction of the Turtle, the action now a clear threat, and waits for the Turtle to dig its own grave.

“One chance,” he states without looking at his companions. “It gets one chance. Then it’s mine and it’s dead. For the crabs.”

Adunatar
2014-03-16, 05:11 PM
"I hear you, Kamynar", - Leeroy's voice whispered in everyone's heads, as the ocean sprouted several wicked-looking tentacles, and pixie's tree-like form surfaced a few feet away from the turtle, its tendrils a-ready. "The Kraken proved to be a cowardly opponent - but then again, I won't blame him for not be willing to become sushi. I always preferred the turtle meat, though, so I'm awaiting..."

Promises Kept
2014-03-16, 06:02 PM
The Dragon Turtle seems to hesitate a moment at the forces arrayed against it.

Delaying its action till after Kamynar's.

As Kamynar forces his way into its mind, the turtle tries with all its might to resist his intrusion.

Will Save: [roll0]
??? K: [roll1]
??? F: [roll2]

Kamynar easily overwhelms the tired and drained mind of the turtle, bringing it under his control. He feels a further moment of resistance, but it quickly passes.

The winds seem to calm as you overcome this first challenge - not much, but enough to make it possible to talk without screaming.

--- Battle Over ---
Victory!

supernerd
2014-03-16, 07:45 PM
Kamynar flew over to his new Charge, calling out to the team, "Okay, I got him! We'll have to take some time on the way there. I think I'll have enough if we try to work our way through the rough waters as we can." Kamynar Called out for a pleasant aura of soft snow accompanied by the sound of soft harps came about to all present.

He then began to repair the damage done to the turtle over the course of their altercation. Refreshing his Lay on Hands before he could finish.

He also began to speak to the beast in the tongue of the Dragons as he did healing work, "<Hello, my name is Kamynar Densin, and I'd appreciate it if you would help me know a little more about you. I'm going to make you better, so I don't want you to squirm. It shouldn't take too long. I know you're under my control, but there really wasn't any other method I had that could call off the battle. I'd prefer to have charmed you in all honesty, but that's only useful when we haven't begun fighting. I hope that by the end of the day we can release you without having to worry, as I'd hate to have my friends need to neutralize a threat. We're here to fight an archmage, so another big guy would be appreciated. Do you know anything about this island? I'm sorry if this comes to me asking your mind for information.>"

Snowsong: 2hrs 10min: Fast healing 1 to everyone in 30ft, +4 insight to AC as well.
Everyone Fast Heals.
Lay on Hands Expend 50 Points for Greater Restoration, refresh, then 20 points for each limb, then 20 Points to get another Hero's Leadership.
Refresh Temp HP, Extend +10 Morale to hit to Dragon Turtle.
Temp HP: [roll0]
Follow up some of my monologue by peering into its perspective to view attitudes briefly.

Doxkid
2014-03-16, 08:59 PM
Henry lowers his Greater Claw into the water slowly, barely containing his displeasure at the situation. "I...will allow this. For you."

His lesser Claw reaches up and grasps the spiral shell dangling from his necklace as he channels vital energy into himself, undoing the injuries inflicted upon him by the Turtle who is only just barely being kept alive by Kamynar's claim on it.

After about ten seconds on concentration his shell returns to the dull, healthy colors it was before the battle.

"Bring your pet. I will carry the rest."

Henry sinks under the surface, foam and bubbles streaming up to breach the surface. A massive shadow takes the shape of a crab under the surface, stretching and expanding until it dwarfs the tamed Dragon Turtle.

An unnaturally large Crab lifts the waterborn party-members onto its back, allowing each a place among massive obelisk-like spikes and an undergrowth of vines and seaweed.

"Ready to go." Henry's voice states, much deeper and heavier than usual.

--Round 1--
Henry uses Touch of Healing on himself and enhances the Heal check DC to 33, adding 3 points of healing per level. He'll take a 10 on this check via Natural Expertise, and receive 47 on that check automatically.

Amount healed: [roll0]

--Round 2--
Henry uses Touch of Healing again, this time keeping the natural DC of 10. He also takes a 10 on this one, receiving 47 on the check.

Amount Healed: [roll1]

--Round 3--
Henry Assumes his Colossal Crab Form and lifts any members of the party who are still in the water onto his back. Fortress Crab makes him easy to ride and grants anyone on his back his Natural Armor, including the Ghost Ward property on him (which is from Fortress Crab).

Allies on his back gain a total of 24 NA, and +5 armor VS touch attacks.

Adunatar
2014-03-16, 10:24 PM
Leeroy, seeing as the battle has ended, pushed his body from out of the water, latching onto the crab shell with his tentacles. Then, as the body of the giant tree was almost out of the water, the tree was no more. Only the troublesome pixie was sitting on the edge of the crab ship. Then even the pixie disappeared, leaving only the disembodied voice in everyone's heads: "I'll keep low profile, just in case."

Promises Kept
2014-03-16, 10:57 PM
A powerful, steady voice echoes from the Dragon Turtle's massive head, "Hmmm. I thank you, paladin. Were it not for your aid, I fear I would have perished. You have my gratitude. The isle I know little of - I was brought here by some magic beyond my experience. Hmmm. I had no control of myself. Hmmm. A voice spoke into my mind, as yours does now, but far stronger. I know not how you overcame it. I met the being who did this to me. Hmmm. I sensed it to be of my kin, but not. A Dragon, but something more. It wore the form of a man. Could this be perhaps your mage?"

It pauses, as if deliberating with itself.

"Hmmm. I would be willing to take you to the isle, were your large friend not performing quite well himself. Hmmm. Regardless, I would like you to free me from your control. Hmmm. I have no desire to fight any more this day. Hmmm. You have my word I will not harm you."

It waits, expecting an answer.

supernerd
2014-03-17, 08:18 AM
Kamynar gives the large turtle's nose a hug, "So perhaps you were summoned? If this voice is as strong as you say, I fear only distance and luck saved a casualty. I am glad to have your word, but I don't have that mage's. For now, I'll tell you to do as you see fit, and suggest that you go away from the island, should your previous intruder try to reassert himself. I'm going to keep this bond for a few hours, no more than sunset, more as a second chance to resist." He rubs the Turtle's nose, "I hope you don't come back as a plot device in this tale, so I command you to do as you see fit. If you would leave me your name, I would be grateful."

He then joins the crab, sitting towards the front, "Turns out I'm sending him away from this place. He was also a summoned creature who didn't want to fight anymore. Friggin Exalted Path."

Adunatar
2014-03-17, 08:39 AM
Leeroy's voice started to sound curious. "Dragon, but something more? Probably a flying Dragon, just as this one is a swimming one. And polymorphed into a humanoid. Wasn't his name Dran Draggore, by any chance? I've heard a story about a tower inhabited by a being of such name, and he turned out to be a polymorphed Dragon, too..."

Doxkid
2014-03-17, 09:59 AM
"If I see it again it is mine." Henry's voice rumbles up at those sitting on his shell.

Having acquired all three of his charges, Henry swims forward towards the island. After moments he is at his top water speed...and then he exceeds that, lifting into the air to just barely skim over the water's surface, borne aloft by delicate diaphanous wings that sprout from his sides.

"Why do we waste time with boats? I inevitably carry all of us. Typically away from cultists. Occasional straight towards cultists.

...We will never carry cultists with us again. Not after last time. I tire of witnessing occult rituals on my back and the dark-magic leaves stains on my shell."

Henry's lesser Claw darts down and snatches up Maylene's toy as he passes it.

Henry uses his 140 fly speed and ramps up to a a proper Flying-Run action for a total of 560 ft/round.

It should take about five rounds to reach the island. Seven if you include his ramp-up and slow-down round to avoid jarring his passengers.

He'll also grab the Helmed Horror on his way. It should be fairly easy for the two to link Hand and Claw, but if it doesn't react in time Henry will just grab it.

Lesser Claw grab at Helmed Horror:[roll0] vs Touch AC.
This does not provoke an AoO, but I'd like to assume it wouldn't attack me willy-nilly anyway.

This is followed up by a Grapple Check: [roll1] and Henry's nonlethal Unarmed strike damage [roll2] which the Helmed Horror should be immune to.

WebTiefling
2014-03-17, 01:00 PM
Maylene swims over to the massively shelled creature with the rest of the party.

"Rust and decay!" She notices her mangled morningstar. She stuffs it back into its sheath for later work.

She pulls out her wand and gives herself a touch of healing. It will take a bit, but she relaxes as the pain begins to subside.

The Small woman looks around for the others.

"Anyone else need a quick bit of healing?"

The Helmed Horror has become rather battered during its tumultuous ride. As the miniature tornado finally releases it, it tumbles through the air before righting itself and standing above the water, gathering in the situation.

Apparently the battle is over, for the party is proceeding this way in apparent peace. Normally it would retrieve Maylene from the water, but she is on her way on the back of the creature that .... seems to be .... going faster and .... faster .... and ....

It grabs onto the extended claw and is jerked along with the streaking creature.

Maylene sees her Clunk up ahead, and when it is scooped up ....

"Ah! Poor baby! I'll get your fixed up right away! Just hang in there."

supernerd
2014-03-17, 01:23 PM
Kamynar shouts to Maylene, "Don't waste your healing, my Snowsong gives our bodies the ability to heal themselves, we can just wait for ten minutes because Constructs like golems repair themselves!

Snowsong gives Fast Healing 1. Don't use up your magic items. Constructs benefit from Fast Healing too.

Promises Kept
2014-03-17, 06:57 PM
The Dragon Turtle responds with a flat stare at Kamynar's antics, but nods with respect at the order. It departs back the way you came, grumbling about "getting even with that overgrown squid." You suspect the Kraken will not enjoy that which comes for it.

Your passage to the island is easy enough, and you detect nothing worrisome as you approach the land. The moment you land on the island, though, the world seems to stop. The rain freezes in midair, the water ceases its rough motion, and even the sky seems still. A figure appears in front of you, humanoid in appearance, wearing elaborate scaled armor, draconic figures emblazoned across the front, and an impressively intricate ridged helm, blocking a clear view of his face. An apparently simple iron sword hangs at his side. As he appears, you feel a heavy weight pressing in upon you, and quickly realize all magic seems to have been suppressed.

He glances at each of you in turn, seeming to gaze into your very souls, before settling his gaze on Kamynar. As he begins to speak, it strikes you just how hard his voice is. If metal had a voice of its own, this would be it. "You have stolen my pet from me, boy. Had you slain it, I might perhaps be understanding, but you have taken it as your own. My servants are mine to do with as I will - not yours to seize. I know not by what power you wrested it from me, but it matters not. I have but one question. Why should I not slay you where you stand?"

Adunatar
2014-03-17, 07:17 PM
"Because you can't", thought Leeroy, but the thoughts failed to penetrate outwards from his head. Must have been the dead magic zone, so that even his crystals stopped working... or maybe just some temporal trick? He tried to circle the armored figure, not even sure whether his invisibility have stopped working as well.

Did it, really? What about the rest of the effects affecting me at the moment?

supernerd
2014-03-17, 07:20 PM
Kamynar took as deep a breath he could and gathered his resolve, standing up on his crab ally's back, staring back into the eyes of the draconic mage, "I've no idea why you shouldn't, nor why you can't. Perhaps you find that at your power, a game, a challenge might be in order, but that's a hope now that you've sealed us in a pocket of time, for that can't be the best you can do if this is the exposition. As a bard it made for a better story to wrest a beast from its captor, and as a Paladin of Ehlonna, I can't have my allies slay a beast so near death your summons was when its ally has left it to die. I could not lay a charm, for the battle had started, so by a stroke of luck I took it. If nothing else, you should let us live to see if we can be lucky again. We just might. I don't even have your pet with me. I kept the magic as a weak defense against you and told it to do as it wished. If it hasn't gone after the Kraken by sundown, you're free to reclaim it, as I promised our friend I'd let go at that time."

Promises Kept
2014-03-17, 10:02 PM
Leeroy:
All magic seems to be failing to function, including effects that were active when this began. You are, indeed, visible. You're in an AMF, but weren't before he arrived. And yes, there is a reason his abilities are functioning in one.

The figure laughs uproariously at Kamynar's response, seeming more than a bit amused. "Well said, Densin. Well said, indeed."

"Oh, don't look so shocked. Your mind is an open book to me, particularly bereft of your magic. And you, Pixie - I most certainly could, should I choose to. But I do not. My ally has requested that I prevent your entrance into his sanctum, but said nothing of his keep. It will not matter, soon enough. Slay his guardians. Slay my lesser kin, if you are able. Break the seals, and face me at the throne. Perhaps you will be strong enough to be interesting, then. And as for my pet - I suppose it has served its purpose. I shall allow it this freedom."

He seems to debate with himself a moment, as if making an unpleasant decision. "A final warning: No other creature here is bound to my will, as the bastard Dragon was. While some did not come of choice, I avoided such... temporary measures with them."

He departs as he came - silently, instantaneously. One moment he stands staring at you with his steely eyes, the only thing clear through his helm, the next the world seems to have resumed, and he is gone.

The isle lies before you - a hilly expanse of bare rock, and the castle looms in the distance. What shall you do?

WebTiefling
2014-03-18, 10:28 AM
"Hex, but he was full of himself, wasn't he? Still, it's nice to know for sure that we are expected. And there are some other suggestions of things going on in there too."

Maylene shrugs, "We probably ought to scout around us a bit, because if he knows we are here, then there's a good chance others will as well. I prefer to be the one doing the surprising."

She goes over to Clunk and begins checking him over - it would take a while, but she could see the damage slowly repairing itself. That will do. She would have to make an item of this spell - very handy spell.

She begins considering her spells for any buffs.

"Anyone here have any enhancements to their weapons that they would like? Or would you prefer to wait to see what we run across?"

supernerd
2014-03-18, 10:49 AM
Kamynar took to shouting to the winds, "Why in the Nine Hells would I be shocked? You're throwing around Time Stop variants and antimagic ploys for the sake of being impressive! You've had fifteen minutes at the least for divination spells! I'd be insulted if you didn't know the names of my mentor's kids!"

Kamynar calmed down, turning back to his party members, "Looks like Clunk will be better in a little while, I'm glad magic was only suppressed. Just to be clear, this is my strongest spell, but I can keep it up for about six hours of the day. If you can provide weapon properties, I'd appreciate a Force bow. Otherwise I'll only take what you've got as leftovers."

WebTiefling
2014-03-18, 11:40 AM
"Looks like Clunk will be better in a little while, I'm glad magic was only suppressed. Just to be clear, this is my strongest spell, but I can keep it up for about six hours of the day. If you can provide weapon properties, I'd appreciate a Force bow. Otherwise I'll only take what you've got as leftovers."

"Good planning - Force is a pretty versatile ability to have on a bow. Let me see it, this will take a minute."

supernerd
2014-03-18, 11:50 AM
Kamynar took his bow off his shoulders and passed it to the woman, "That it is. Passes through storms and dragon hide. Thank you for this, I'm glad you've got the ability to work our gear to new heights, because I've got enough to stir our hearts.

WebTiefling
2014-03-18, 01:40 PM
Maylene unslings her ruined morningstar and unfolds a pocket of cloth on the ground, drops in the ruined object and calls in, "Pound that into shape enough to at least use as a club, back to working order if you can do it quickly."

With that, she folds the cloth back up, sticks it in a pocket and picks up the bow.

"Ooo, I do like a well-crafted bit of work; let's add a bit more to it."

The bow was close to twice her height, but she set it down on the ground in front of her and began sliding her hands up and down its length, mumbling softly under her breath, sparks of magic beginning to dance around her hands.

She worked on it for a minute before straightening, and lifting it back up to Kamynar.

"There you go, enjoy! It's always a pleasure to work with a fine piece."

Doxkid
2014-03-18, 03:31 PM
Henry slows to a stop over the island, hovers in place for a few moments and then gently lowers his massive body to the ground. As he touches down he starts shrinking.

And shrinking.

And shrinking.

Somehow all of his impressive bulk vanishes as his shell grows smaller and his limbs change into those of a human man until the Henry you are all more familiar with is lowering the group onto the craggy coast.

"Let us take stock of this land then. If nothing we we will find where we can retreat to for rest. " he states as he plucks the thin green flower from his hair and sets it down, grasping the shell hanging from his neck with the other. After only a moment of channeling magic into it it has grown into a hardy Willow Treant.

"This should suffice for any battles fought out here. Do not let it go to waste. I will be displeased if my garden is destroyed; tending to it takes time we do not have."

Growth points status: 15/30.
Treant Allies: 1/2
Points Expended: 0
Points Returning: 0
Points invested: 15
1-Nature Slumber: Birch
1-Nature Slumber: Oak
1-Nature Slumber: Cherry Blossom
1-Nature Slumber: Lily
9-Greater Weeping Willow Treant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15966927&postcount=2)
2- Chlorophyll Augment: Fast Healing 6 on Willow Treant

Releasing the Willow from its slumber (flower state) and using activating it. It takes one of my available Treant-Ally spots, leaving me with one more spot open.

The Willow absorbs half of any damage taken by allies within 30 ft. It has a suffering pool (absorbs half of any damage taken by allies until it has taken this amount) of 52 out of 52 and currently has both Crystal Sap Harvest ready for use, which can either replace half of the Diamond Dust cost of a spell or provide minor healing effects.

supernerd
2014-03-18, 04:30 PM
Kamynar smiles as he receives his bow back from their item specialist, "Thank's. I'm sure to get my use out of this. Let's test this out." Kamynar lifts the bow, knockingan arrow and firing it, Threads of force swirling from its tip and weaving about its shaft. The arrow then comes back to the Paladin Bard, and he smiles, "Definitely getting my use."

He turns to Henry, then looks elated as he greets the Treant they have as an ally, "Oh hello, how are you? Henry never told me he had friends like you!" He then turned to Henry, "He's of you, so he got all my buffs as an ally. He even has the vigor and determination from my earlier battle cries. It looks like he's got a leg up on my Snowsong's restorative powers, but he should benefit from the glimpse of tactical wisdom it grants."

Thanks for the buff, again, WebTiefling.
Your Treant is subject to Heroes Leadership (+10 Morale to hit and the 47 Temp HP I rolled previously. And since I get a metric ton of Temp HP, I'm likely to refresh the pools before healing)
It's also got the +4 Insight from Snowsong, but the fast healing overlaps.

Adunatar
2014-03-18, 08:17 PM
- I usually don't consider humanoids as food source, but this recent encounter makes it almost imperative to consider making an exception.

Leeroy's voice was reeking with anger - he wasn't to take lightly of someone robbing him of his powers, just like that.

- So he want's to play with us, like a cat with mouse. Well, I'll play - at his expense. We'll find him in his sanctum, and I'll make a fine barbecue out of this man. But first, let's scour the island.

Doxkid
2014-03-18, 08:30 PM
Henry stares at Kamynar for a while. He then turns to the Treant (which had also been staring at Kamynar) and shrugs.

Although it lacks the bones and musculature necessary to do so, the Treant shrugs (as far as you can tell) back at him and then returns its attention to Kamynar. "I've been worst." Henry nods sagely at his subordinate's statement.

"We have all been worst. Stay with the shell-less ones, Willow of my grove; I wish to look over this island and I would prefer for them not to be eaten in my absence."

Henry flies up a few hundred feet and hovers in place to scan the landscape; he's focusing on finding signs of life, easily consumed plant/animal life we could harvest and caves that the party could fit in.

Survival check: [roll0]-Looking for tracks or other signs of life produces by large creatures.

Knowledge Nature: [roll1]-Looking for food and resources.

He doesn't have anything for finding hidden or hard to locate Caves, so he'll look for obvious ones or caves that have something entering or exiting.

Promises Kept
2014-03-19, 12:34 PM
The island is utterly barren, other than the castle at the center, which rises on a hill far above the rest of the isle. Castle Deepsring is immense, seamless, and made of some sort of black rock which you don't recognize. It is roughly rectangular, at least a thousand feet to a side, and is dominated by four immense towers rising at each corner - which you note to be exactly the northernmost, easternmost, southernmost, and westernomost points. They vary in height - the East tower dwarfs the others, being several hundred feet tall, while the South tower is at most a hundred. Each tower is covered in banners, each tower with a unique design. On the south tower are huge, gnarled wizard's staves. The west tower displays a highly stylized snowflake. The north tower shows the head of some foul demon, and the east a bleached white human skull.

You have little time to appreciate the view, however, before you catch sight of something else: About half a dozen large flying creatures rise from the castle ramparts, and begin to fly directly at you. Judging by their current speed, they'll reach you in around 30 seconds.

Doxkid
2014-03-19, 01:55 PM
“Interesting.” Henry Dives straight down to the group awaiting his report.

“Six flying creatures are approaching. I assume they are hostile. Prepare for aerial engagement.” Henry reaches out with his lesser Claw and wordlessly touches Clunk, invigorating the construct with his healing magic. After a moment that claw returns to Henry’s side and he raises his Greater Claw, challenging the newcomers to face him head on. “Come Willow. We must take to the air.”

In preparation for battle Henry grows to a slightly more formidable size. The transformation starts with his shell expanding, the armor gifted to him by nature stretching and ballooning until it is large enough to fit his several passengers comfortably. Then Henry’s limbs and head collapse, smoothing out against his shell; in moments he is a massive crab ready to carry his Willow Treant, and anyone who cares to join it on his back, into battle.

After landing Henry will use his Touch of healing to top off Clunk if the fast healing has not done so already.

He'll augment the Heal DC from 10 to 33 to heal an extra 3 hp/level (39 total). He automatically passes the new Heal Check dc 33 by taking a 10 (allowed by natural Expertise) with his +37 Heal modifier.

This Heals Clunk for: [roll0] HP, although the exact amount actually healed may be lower due to Clunk's type, subtype, etc.

Extra healing, which would put Clunk over full HP, is lost.
---
Henry then takes on his Colossal Crab form. Not much changes except for how many beings can fit on his back; he should be able to carry all of the party's non-fliers on his back in this form.

supernerd
2014-03-19, 03:06 PM
Kamynar sees the crab flying back with what could be assumed as worry, and took to readying his bow in one hand and readied himself for the fight to come, deciding it might be time for some improvisational theatre when the Henry came close. As Henry came and repaired the golem, he sang out, "I will take to the skies. I will stand by your side." He then flew to the top of Henry's shell and sent out a call for speed, "Through the wind we shall Fly, for we oughtn't to hide." He then readied his bow to shoot.

Okay, assuming it takes two rounds for Henry to get back:
Round 1: Initiate Inspire Courage, move to Henry's back
Round 2: Haste Party, Ready Bow
Round 3 (If Applicable): Ready a Full Attack against the first beast to reach 325ft away (-4 range penalty)

WebTiefling
2014-03-19, 03:59 PM
Maylene looked up, estimating the coming creatures' arrival and gave a small curse. "Thanks Henry. Clunk, try to not get yourself so banged up this time, in fact, here."

A spell is cast upon the construct, toughening his body like stone, and then he picks up the Small Maylene and begins to rise into the air toward the incoming creatures.

"Let's get some blurring going on." A wand popped into each of her hands, and the giant turtle creature along with the others began taking on a blurred form.

"Let's take 'em down. As soon as they come in range, they're getting smacked."

She prepares her wands, ready to start blasting as soon as they reached somewhere around 230 feet away. She also strains her eyes to see what sort of creatures they are.

Dual Wand Blur everyone, including me and Clunk.
Dual Wand Wield Magic Missile wands.

Adunatar
2014-03-19, 07:56 PM
Leeroy perched on crab's back, between two large spines. His outline shimmered momentarily in the air, so that everyone could see where he is, and his form shifted into something resembling a large stalagmite, complete with several large tendrils that swung in the air. Two of the tendrils secured pixie's new form in the chosen spot, while the other four have spread in the air, predator-like. Then Leeroy became invisible again, and only his voice whispered in the heads: "Don't step on me by accident, I'll stay in this spot"

Take Roper form. Superior Invisibility, being (Su), is retained during morph, so that's an invisible Roper :smallcool:

Promises Kept
2014-03-19, 08:35 PM
As the great beasts draw near, you get a good view of them - and their riders. You face six massive, skeletal birds, each with a wingspan of at least forty feet, with sharp beaks and sharper talons. Sitting atop them are heavily armored trolls, each wielding enormous bows trained upon you. They stop about five-hundred feet out, and ready themselves to fire.

Initiative:
Lead Troll: [roll0], [roll1]
Troll 1: [roll2]
Troll 2: [roll3]
Troll 3: [roll4]
Troll 4: [roll5]
Troll 5: [roll6]

Lead Bird: [roll7]
Bird 1: [roll8]
Bird 2: [roll9]
Bird 3: [roll10]
Bird 4: [roll11]
Bird 5: [roll12]

Leeroy: [roll13]
Kamynar: [roll14]
Henry: [roll15]
Maylene: [roll16]
Helmed Horror: [roll17]

Fun Fact: Using standard rules, the overall CR of this fight is in the mid-20's! However, I doubt it will prove too challenging for you.

--- Round 1 Start ---

Doxkid
2014-03-20, 01:14 AM
Henry raises his now massive Greater Claw in warning to the flock of enemies before him, weathering a storm of arrows and attacks as Crabs are wont to do; so readily you can barely be sure it is experiencing the same things you are. For all the Claw's size, the threat means very little; he is so far away that the promise of a thorough Clamping is something distant and unreal to the flying enemies before him.

The pain he will inflict with that claw is very, very real though. And The distance between him and his quarry will not last very long. Not if his majestic Dragonfly wings have anything to say about it anyway.

"Hold on. We...GO!" He states firmly before racing the sound of his words to the leader of the enemies he just threatened.

Everyone on Henry's back replaces their Natural Armor with Henry's if his is higher: most people gain 24 Natural Armor and the Ghost Ward property, which will grant an enhancement bonus of 5 to touch AC vs Incorporeal Touch attacks (pretty unlikely we'll have that, but still...).

---

Once the initiative order finally allows his turn (darn slow, hulking crab monstrosity...) Henry will do a Flying Run at the Enemy Leader duo.

His Fly Speed of 140 is enhanced to 170 by Kamynar's Haste. 170 x 4 = 680; that should be more than enough to chase down the enemy birds, assuming they only take a Move, a Double Move or a Move + Hover and have a Fly speed of 90 or lower.

Even if the enemies move slightly beyond cuddle-range that movement should still put us well within range of our attacks, although Henry might need to move again on his turn next round to actually start Melee'ing enemies.
---

As his Swift action Henry will prepare to Shell Smash with his Greater Claw. The next Greater Claw attack will count as a Touch attack.

WebTiefling
2014-03-20, 04:45 PM
Maylene looked to the large beast - Henry was gesturing or something at the moment, but he was fast enough that he would probably out-race Clunk's relatively sedate pace, there was no way she was going to get out in front of him.

Those flying things looked like they could crank out a great deal of damage.

Instead, she urged Clunk to go follow along behind the massive creature as best he could. The flying creatures would close quickly enough, and when they did ....

She checked the knots holding her on, and had both wands of Magic Missile firmly in hand, all readied for the first chance she got to start blowing the creatures away.

If by "skeletal" you mean literally skeletons, then she'll aim at the riders. If the flying beasts aren't animated undead, she'll aim at the mounts.

She is clipped to a harness on Clunk's back. Clunk will not try to close too closely with the flying creatures, though will defend if they close on him. He will aim for around 150 feet distance if he has a choice.

She has readied an action as soon as two of the enemies gets into range to blast wands at them - 5 Fell Drain magic missiles each.

Damage Rolls:
[roll0] and -5 levels
[roll1] and -5 levels

supernerd
2014-03-20, 09:06 PM
Kamynar is distracted by the flight, but ultimately fires his volley before the rest can act again. He takes careful aim at the skeletal remains that flew before him, channeling the divine energy of good's judgement into his strikes, humming to his allies as he does so.

Continue Inspire Courage (State Based Non-action): Subsonics
Shoot those within at most three range increments (-4 penalty). Target a mount whose rider is not injured, then when those run out, target injured riders.

Smite Evil: Repeated Smiting: Ranged Smiting: Cool down [roll0] rounds

To Hit: [roll1]
Damage: Splitting, Force
[roll2]+[roll3](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
[roll4]+[roll5](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll6]
[roll7]+[roll8](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
[roll9]+[roll10](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll11]
[roll12]+[roll13](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
[roll14]+[roll15](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll16]
[roll17]+[roll18](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
[roll19]+[roll20](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll21]
[roll22]+[roll23](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
[roll24]+[roll25](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

Promises Kept
2014-03-21, 07:41 PM
The lead troll roars a challenge at you, then looses several arrows in quick succession. Each seems not to be a normal arrow, but a bolt of some sort of energy. They seem to split in the air as they fly towards you.

Full Attack with Splitting Energy Bow aimed at Henry
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
Attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]

Attack: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]
Attack: [roll10] Damage: [roll11]
Attack: [roll12] Damage: [roll13]
Attack: [roll14] Damage: [roll15]

The trolls behind him follow up with their own volleys, which fortunately neither split nor are formed of force.
All aimed at Henry:

Troll 2:
Attack: [roll16] Damage: [roll17]
Attack: [roll18] Damage: [roll19]
Attack: [roll20] Damage: [roll21]
Attack: [roll22] Damage: [roll23]

Troll 5:
Attack: [roll24] Damage: [roll25]
Attack: [roll26] Damage: [roll27]
Attack: [roll28] Damage: [roll29]
Attack: [roll30] Damage: [roll31]

Troll 1:
Attack: [roll32] Damage: [roll33]
Attack: [roll34] Damage: [roll35]
Attack: [roll36] Damage: [roll37]
Attack: [roll38] Damage: [roll39]

Troll 3:
Attack: [roll40] Damage: [roll41]
Attack: [roll42] Damage: [roll43]
Attack: [roll44] Damage: [roll45]
Attack: [roll46] Damage: [roll47]

Maylene's bolts of magic

Spell Resistance check: [roll48]
Spell Resistance check: [roll49]

The last troll finally looses his arrows.
Targeting Maylene, Troll 4:
Attack: [roll50] Damage: [roll51]
Attack: [roll52] Damage: [roll53]
Attack: [roll54] Damage: [roll55]
Attack: [roll56] Damage: [roll57]

Subtract 5 from the attack rolls if you make the second SR check.

Henry's rapid movement seems to catch the trolls - and their mounts - off guard.

The invisible tendrils grasping at the trolls are even more unexpected.

Targeting this as 2, 3, 4, one of the above which failed, another of the above which failed, since you didn't specify.
[roll58]
[roll59]
[roll60]
[roll61]
[roll62]

Kamynar's many arrows utterly destroy the lead troll's mount, as well as that of one of his fellows. They plummet screaming from the sky. The last pair seems to leave another on its last legs.

Lead Bird and Bird 1 are destroyed, their riders fall several hundred feet to the ground. Lead Troll takes [roll63] falling damage. Troll 1 takes [roll64] falling damage.

The remaining birds gather darkness at their foreheads, then unleash it in screaming blasts of negative energy, directed at Kamynar, who they seem to view as the greatest threat.

These are all ranged touch attacks dealing Negative Energy damage.

Attack: [roll65] Damage: [roll66]
Attack: [roll67] Damage: [roll68]
Attack: [roll69] Damage: [roll70]
Attack: [roll71] Damage: [roll72]

The birds all delayed until the end of the round.

New Initiative order:
Lead Troll: 39
Troll 1: 28
Troll 2: 29
Troll 3: 27
Troll 4: 17
Troll 5: 29

Lead Bird: DEAD
Bird 1: DEAD
Bird 2: 3
Bird 3: 3
Bird 4: 3
Bird 5: 3

Leeroy: 4
Kamynar: 4
Henry: 5
Maylene: 20
Helmed Horror: 20

---Round 1 End---

---Round 2 Start---

I really, really hope I didn't mess up any of the numbers here. So much to keep track of!

Promises Kept
2014-03-21, 08:12 PM
Forgot the Fort saves the trolls have to make.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

supernerd
2014-03-21, 09:59 PM
Kamynar was significantly drained after the barrage of negative energy, but held strong, continuing to hum, striking the injured mount, healing himself and re-bolstering any who needed it.

Continue Bardsong
Smite Evil: Ranged Smiting: Cool down [roll0] rounds
Attack the injured mount.
Damage: Force
Split Arrow:
To Hit: [roll4]
[roll5]+[roll6](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
Move: Lay on Hands: 60 points
Swift: Hero's Leadership: refill Temp HP: [roll7]

Adunatar
2014-03-21, 10:10 PM
Having yanked trolls off their mounts, the invisible force pulled them away, then released the grip, sending them tumbling downwards. At the same time, a semi-transparent blob of ectoplasm sped up towards the closest bird, engulfing it completely.

Entangling Ectoplasm, augmented to affect Huge target. If ranged touch [roll0] hits, target is entangled for 5 rounds.

WebTiefling
2014-03-31, 12:22 PM
Maylene grunts as one of the arrows hits her, between the draining effect of her wands and the Blur she and Clunk were under, the trolls aim was definitely off, and she breathed a little sigh of relief. One arrow was plenty, for her preference.

She targeted the troll that had hit her with one wand while blasting at a second troll with the other wand.

The Helmed Horror she was riding continued through the air, and it unlimbered its heavy crossbow. Taking a shot at one of the mounts. The effectiveness of shooting them down out of the air was undeniable.

We're all blurred - 20% miss chance. Though maybe Mr. Superior Invisibility over there isn't blurred since I couldn't see him to Blur him. I hadn't thought of that. Sorry.

Maylene targets Troll 4 with one wand, and Troll 2 with the other. Clunk is shooting at Mount 2. I wasn't clear on which Trolls our invisible grappler managed to toss off. I THINK Troll 4 and 2 are still riding. If I've misunderstood, adjust my targets to trolls that are still on their mounts.

Wand Damage at Troll 4:
SR Check: [roll0] (What is their SR? I didn't realize they would have any.)
[roll1] and -5 more levels.

Wand Damage at Troll 2:
SR Check: [roll2] (What is their SR? I didn't realize they would have any.)
[roll3] and -5 levels.

Clunk shooting at Mount 2:
If Crit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] plus Electricity [roll7]
If Crit Shocking Burst: Electricity [roll8]

Promises Kept
2014-03-31, 05:35 PM
One of the trolls, its strength sapped by the grasping tendrils, gets entangled in its own armor and loses its grip on its mount. It falls to the ground with a mighty crash.

Troll 3 takes [roll0] falling damage.

The trolls, some disoriented by the fall, begin to return fire.

From the ground, aimed at Henry:
Lead Troll:
Attack: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]
Attack: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]
Attack: [roll5] Damage: [roll6]
Attack: [roll7] Damage: [roll8]

Attack: [roll9] Damage: [roll10]
Attack: [roll11] Damage: [roll12]
Attack: [roll13] Damage: [roll14]
Attack: [roll15] Damage: [roll16]

Troll 1:
Attack: [roll17] Damage: [roll18]
Attack: [roll19] Damage: [roll20]
Attack: [roll21] Damage: [roll22]
Attack: [roll23] Damage: [roll24]

Troll 3:
Attack: [roll25] Damage: [roll26]
Attack: [roll27] Damage: [roll28]
Attack: [roll29] Damage: [roll30]
Attack: [roll31] Damage: [roll32]

From the air, aimed at Henry:
Troll 2:
Attack: [roll33] Damage: [roll34]
Attack: [roll35] Damage: [roll36]
Attack: [roll37] Damage: [roll38]
Attack: [roll39] Damage: [roll40]

Troll 5:
Attack: [roll41] Damage: [roll42]
Attack: [roll43] Damage: [roll44]
Attack: [roll45] Damage: [roll46]
Attack: [roll47] Damage: [roll48]

Maylene's first group of bolts bounces off the troll's thick, spell-resistant skin, but the second strikes true, penetrating the hide.

Clunk's bolt proves to be just enough to finish off the injured bird, as lightning arcs from the bolt, leading to yet another troll plummeting to the earth, screaming as his fellows did.

So that's bird 2 gone. Retargeting Kamynar's attack to Bird 4, since it's still got a rider.

The slowest troll finally gets its arrows off, aiming at Maylene, as before.

Attack: [roll49] Damage: [roll50]
Attack: [roll51] Damage: [roll52]
Attack: [roll53] Damage: [roll54]
Attack: [roll55] Damage: [roll56]

Waiting on Henry's action, now.

Doxkid
2014-03-31, 07:41 PM
Henry allows attack after attack to pass over him or simple bounce off his impenetrable shell, but this does little to help the people on his back.

He does not like that. Not one bit. He even clicks his lesser Claw to show how little he appreciates their actions. After a moment (during which he darts along the enemy’s and positions himself) the air ripples grasped in his lesser Claw melt into themselves summons forth a blast of heavy brackish water.

Growth point status: Unchanged. 15/30.
Treant Allies: ½
9-Greater Weeping Willow Treant
------
Henry uses his impressive speed to put position himself to catch as many flying enemies as possible in the 195 ft cone of his Mud Wave attack.
Standard action: Henry fires off a Mud Wave attack. Reflex Save DC: 27 for half.
Damage: [roll0]
It recharges in [roll1] rounds
It functions like a breath weapon, except enemies struck by the attack also lose sight, Scent and other special.
-------
The archers on the ground still need to be dealt with, but Henry has a plan for that. Or…perhaps it should be said that he has a plant for that.

“Willow. Slay them.” Having already taken on some of its master’s suffering, the Willow is rapidly molting and becoming an entity much more suited for bloodshed. Without hesitation it flings itself off Henry’s back, aiming its body at the Troll Leader.

The Willow exhausts its suffering pool which will transform it as per Whomp Whomp: it gains 4 strength and 15 movement speed, in addition to all the buffs applied to it.

It then takes falling damage; part of that damage is probably subtracted from the temporary health pool offered by Heroic Leadership. [roll2] falling damage (unless it would be something else.

Move action: launches itself off Henry’s back and tries to land close to the Troll Leader.

Swift Action: Exhausting Rain on the Troll Leader and every 5 ft square around him. If the Troll Leader fails a DC 25 fort save it is exhausted.

Standard action: it attacks the troll Leader.
Attack roll: [roll3] {18 attack +2 (from strength being increased by 4), + 10 (Hero’s Leadership), +1 (haste)}
Damage: [roll4]
Stats/info:
Hasted, Whomp-Whomp’d, Heroic Leadership’d

Promises Kept
2014-03-31, 08:56 PM
The remaining great flying beasts and their riders withstand the mud as best they can.
Bird 3: [roll0]
Bird 4: [roll1]
Bird 5: [roll2]
Troll 4: [roll3]
Troll 5: [roll4]

The willow's sudden appearance on the ground seems to distract the leader of the trolls, as the (forcibly) soothing rains make their way over him.
[roll5]

The willow's great branch smashing into his face seems to distract the troll even more, as he turns his attention groundward.

Leeroy's blob of ectoplasm easily entangles the riderless bird, leaving it wide open to attack.

Kamynar's splitting arrow simply unmakes one of the last mounts remaining in the air. Now, but one troll remains in the skies.
Bird 4 is dead, dead, dead. Troll 4 takes [roll6] falling damage.

The last riderless bird continues its wrathful assault upon Kamynar, but the other, bearing the last troll, turns tail and flies back towards the castle.

Ranged Touch Attack dealing Negative Energy damage:
Bird 3: Attack:[roll7] Damage: [roll8]

If it failed the Reflex save, total concealment roll: [roll9]. Misses on a 51-100.

---Round 2 End---

---Round 3 Start---

The great troll leader drops his magical bow in response to the Treant's attack, and pulls out a great axe. It hacks violently at the tree.
Full Attack:
Attack: [roll10] Damage: [roll11]
Attack: [roll12] Damage: [roll13]
Attack: [roll14] Damage: [roll15]
Attack: [roll16] Damage: [roll17]

If it failed the prior Fort save, -3 to all attack rolls, -5 to all damage rolls.

The remaining trolls, with the exception of the slowpoke, all having been smote onto the ground, move to stand with their leader. Each lets loose a single arrow at Henry.

Troll 1: Attack: [roll18] Damage: [roll19]
Troll 2: Attack: [roll20] Damage: [roll21]
Troll 3: Attack: [roll22] Damage: [roll23]

Looks like it's Maylene/Clunk's turn, followed by Troll 4, followed by the rest of the party, followed by the last riderless birdy still in the fight.

Doxkid
2014-03-31, 11:10 PM
With most of the flying opponents taken care of Henry turns his attention to the many trolls on the ground…and the damage they have done to his beautiful little plant.

His response is swift, brutal and disproportionately destructive. There is no warning. There is no sign of what he is planning. One second he is in the air hosing down foes and the next he has landed on the ground with force that shakes the sea and his Greater Claw has embedded itself in the ground where the Troll Leader once stood. The Troll Leader remains unaccounted for...until a muffled (and extremely juicing sounding) *Click* is heard from Henry's Claw as the natural weapon snaps shut.

“Do not touch my Willow.” He warns the Troll Leader’s remains. a moment later his lesser Claw slams deep into the earth as well, finishing his savage assault.
-----
-----
Mud Wave will be recharged in 2 rounds.
-----
Henry heals 6 nonlethal damage (Regeneration 6) and another 1 point of damage (Fast Healing 1 from Kamynar’s song). This brings his Nonlethal Damage down to 127 from 134.
-----
Current buffs: Hero's Leadership (+10 morale to Hit), Inspire Courage (+13 Attack and Damage), Haste (+1 AC, +1 Attack, +30 movement speeds, +1 reflex save)
-----
Actions:
Free action: Crab Hammer- Next attack gains +13 To Hit, +11 Damage. This bypasses any DR or Miss Chance.

Swift: Shell Smash- Henry’s Next Greater Claw attack is a touch attack.

Full Round: Henry does a Diving Charge attack. His next attacks gain +2 To Hit and he loses 2 AC this round.
--Greater Claw Attack--
Attack: [roll0] {21 Attack + 13 (Crab Hammer) + 13 (Inspire Courage) + 1 (Haste) +2 (Charge)} against touch AC, bypassing things as per Crab Hammer
Damage: [roll1] {22 Normal Damage + 11 (Crab Hammer) +13 (Inspire Courage)

The total damage is then doubled because this was done as a Dive-Charge Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#movementModes).

If the Claw Attack hits Henry can start a Grapple on that Troll Leader; he’ll do this even if the Troll Leader died because he is Neutral, not good, and he doesn’t take kindly to his precious garden getting chopped up.

Opposed Grapple check: [roll2]
Constrict Damage if that beats the Troll’s grapple (or if it is unopposed): [roll3]
-----
Because of Double Strike Henry can attack with both claws as part of a charge; this attack will be used for the Troll Leader if the first missed or did less than 100 damage, or for any enemy that is near enough to the Willow to even consider stopping it's escape.
--Lesser Claw Attack--
Attack [roll4] {16 normal + 13 (inspire courage) + 1 (Haste) + 2 (Charge)
Damage: [roll5] {17 normal + 13 (Inspire courage)
The total damage is then doubled because this was done as a Dive-Charge Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#movementModes).

As always Henry will use the automatic grapple attempt if that attack lands:
Opposed Grapple check: [roll6]
Constrict Damage: [roll7]

The Willow, understanding that it’s master no longer requires it’s services, takes refuge behind Henry.

The Willow recovers 6 HP from Fast Healing 6. It uses the Withdraw action to place Henry between it and the enemies on the ground.

It currently has 48 Hit points.
Buffs: Haste, Whomp-Whomp, Heroic Leadership, Inspire Courage

WebTiefling
2014-04-01, 09:23 AM
"Blow an Otyugh, but those hurt," Maylene grimaces. She was also very frustrated at her wands failing to penetrate the magical resistance of the trolls. She swapped out a wand, going for a slightly different approach this time.

"Clunk, close up. Get me within 50 feet!"

Clunk flew down through the air, closing in as his mistress ordered.

As she closed within range, she aimed the wand of Grease she had pulled out. That troll would be going down even if he resisted the magic missiles.

Clunk Double Move, close to within 50' of trolls.
Maylene magic missile:
Overcome SR 20: [roll0]
Magic Missile Damage: [roll1] and -5 more levels. (this will be -10 if it gets through)
Grease: hitting the ground next to Troll 4. Covers a 10' square. Reflex save DC 25 to stay standing. Any trolls next to him will also need to make saves.

Maylene: +2 HP from fast healing. (I forgot last round. :smallredface:)

supernerd
2014-04-03, 09:37 AM
Kamynar felt the ground, or shell rather, come from under him, and after reaching the ground, he aimed his new bow high, Aiming to strike the last bird down. Before firing to the trolls. As he fired, out came the cadence of a victory march.

Continue Bardsong
Fast Heal 1
Smite Evil: Repeated Smiting: Ranged Smiting: Cool down [roll0] rounds

Split Arrow:

To Hit: [roll7]
[roll8]+[roll9](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
Split Arrow:
To Hit: [roll10]
[roll11]+[roll12](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll13]
[roll14]+[roll15](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
Split Arrow:
To Hit: [roll16]
[roll17]+[roll18](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll19]
[roll20]+[roll21](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
Split Arrow:
To Hit: [roll22]
[roll23]+[roll24](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll25]
[roll26]+[roll27](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
Split Arrow:
To Hit: [roll28]
[roll29]+[roll30](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

Promises Kept
2014-04-05, 01:51 PM
The great, slow troll barely shrugs off Maylene's new round of missiles, but is not so lucky with regards to her Grease.

Reflex Save DC 25: [roll0]

It replies as it has before - with archery.

If it passes the save, then Full Attack. If not, just use the first attack. Unless I'm mistaken though, this troll has no negative levels. It was Troll 2 that failed the save. This means that I misrolled his attack on Henry - but he missed anyway, so it's not important.

Troll 4:
Attack: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]
Attack: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]
Attack: [roll5] Damage: [roll6]
Attack: [roll7] Damage: [roll8]

Henry's savagery seems to catch the great troll leader off guard, unfortunately for it. It withstands the massive injuries from the crab without complaint, but is noticeably shaken, and disabled by the Crab's grip.

The other troll, nearest to the tree, finds itself in similarly poor circumstances.

While Kamynar's first pair of arrows proves to be fated unfortunate, the second going far wide, the first is enough to finish off the injured bird, which, the necromantic energies animating it broken, falls apart out of the sky. The next four arrows prove to be enough to overcome even the massive resilience of the largest troll, and it falls limp in Henry's grip, clearly unconscious. The remaining four strike a troll weakened by Maylene's draining bolts and trapped in Henry's grip, and remove it, too, from the battle.

Bird 3 dead, Lead Troll unconscious, Troll 2 unconscious. Trolls 3, 4, and 6 remain alive and in combat.

It is Leeroy's turn.

Promises Kept
2014-04-10, 08:11 PM
---Round 3 End---

---Round 4 Start---

The remaining trolls respond in the only reasonable fashion left to them, outnumbered, their mounts destroyed, and their leader defeated. They toss down their bows and surrender, throwing themselves upon your mercy.

A reminder: The mounts may be totally destroyed, but the trolls are all alive, if unconscious and/or battered. And, of course, Troll 5 and Bird 5 fled earlier.

--- Battle Over ---
Victory!

Doxkid
2014-04-11, 06:36 AM
"Mine. His life forfeit." Henry's Greater Claw lifts the troll leader from the ground revealing the massive damage that has been inflicted so far. "Speak before his end."

Henry returns to his 'normal' size without ever removing the troll leader from his grasp. When he is once again the size of a mortal man he grasps the shell hanging from his next with his Lesser Claw; strong nature magic flows over him and his Willow, undoing some of the damage inflicted upon them.

"Do what you must with the lesser ones, but do so quickly. This one will die for his mistakes and we have work to do."
---
------
Willow heals 6 Hp thanks to Chlorophyll Augmentation.

Willow's Current Hp: 54/189
-----
Henry's regeneration heals 6 nonlethal damage.

Henry's Nonlethal damage: 128.
-----
Henry will transform back into his Medium Monster-Masked Man form without relinquishing his hold on the Troll Leader. Once he is Medium again he will use Touch of Healing on himself and his Willow.

He takes a -10 penalty to the healing check to affect a second target and augments the ability to heal an extra 3 hp per level (39 hp total) by increasing the DC to 33. He'll be taking a 10 on this check via Natural Expertise to automatically pass.

Heal modifier: 37. He takes a 10 on this check and also takes a penalty of 10, cancelling the bonus and penalty out. This beats the check DC of 33.

Amount healed for Henry and Willow: [roll0]
---Willow heals 6 Hp thanks to Chlorophyll Augmentation.

Willow's Current Hp: 124/189
-----
Henry's regeneration heals 6 nonlethal damage.

Henry's Nonlethal damage: 58.
-------

Doxkid
2014-04-14, 08:02 AM
Henry waits few seconds before nodding, probably to himself. "He is not needed. Good."

Henry adjusts his Greater Claw with a clever flick and then brings his lesser Claw to bear as well, aligning the two to overlap on the Troll Leader's throat. And then he clamps down. After a few seconds he loosens his grip...only to clamp again. And again. He calmly repeats the motions over and over until the Troll leader loses its head and can be left, finally dead.

Henry attacks with his lesser Claw (probably an automatic hit, but I'll roll anyway): [roll0]
Automatic grapple following the lesser Claw attack: [roll2]
Constrict: [roll3]

If the lesser claw attack lands that will trigger Limb Ripper. Henry will target the Troll Leader's head, reducing the save DC by 5 (technically it gives the enemy a +5 bonus to the save, but it is easier for me to think of it this way and either way of thinking about this is correct in this situation): The troll must make a Fort save DC 22 or have its head torn clean off.

If it succeeds on Henry's next turn the Troll Leader can be subjected to This Kills the Human, which has a Fort save DC 27 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17096635&postcount=148).

Then Limb Ripper is reapplied to its head. On Henry's following turn the two are reapplied once again; this will repeat until the head is removed or someone stops him.

Once the head has finally been plucked from the trolls shoulders Henry flicks blood off of his Claws and turns to face the tower looming over his group, the head still danging from his Lesser Claw.

"They have trampled upon the wrong garden. There are more problems that need to be resolved. Lets go."

Promises Kept
2014-04-14, 04:09 PM
After several false starts, as the troll is remarkably resilient, even unconscious, Henry successfully rips the head clean off of the troll leader. It won't be regenerating from that. The trolls who remain conscious cower in fear at the crab-man, clearly terrified and awaiting their own fates.

Whenever you get around to looting the Lead troll:
1 Monocle
1 Large Unstrung Bow (Resizes upon being picked up)
1 Large suit of spiked stone armor
1 Amulet

Doxkid
2014-04-15, 09:04 AM
Henry ignores the loot he accidentally snags from his for; the monacle, still in place over the Troll Leader's eye, and the amulet now caught in Henry's lesser Claw.

His concerns are greater than material wealth: the Willow requires Henry's green claw.

"A moment, Willow of my garden. You will be restored." Henry summons the nature magic to his Greater Claw and conjures a a gentle stream of water over the brutalized plant. Budding leaves immediately appear upon its branches and the many knots on its bark smooth out. It does not take long for the treant to return to the beauty held back when Henry first called upon it.

"You have served well. Rest. I will call upon you again soon enough." Healing energies wash over the Treant one last time before Henry seals the plant with his own vital magic, compressing it into a single Willow Flower which he delicately places in his hair.

"Thank you." he whispers with his eyes closed.
----------
Using Healing Touch on willow one last time. Henry will take a 10 on the check as per usual and this will allow an automatic success.

Amount healed: [roll0]

After that he will cast Create Water over the Treant to restore its Suffering Pool.
-----
Treant Allies: 0/2
1-nature Slumber: Willow

He will then suppress the Treant's, returning it to the form of a flower, after healing it

Henry will regain 2 Growth Points after this round and then 1 point per round until he reaches 25/30 points.
-----
Regenerating 6 nonlethal damage per round. It will all be gone after a little more than two minutes
----------
Once his Willow is taken care of he focuses on the Troll Leader's remains. The body, armor and all, is dumped unceremoniously into Henry's Portable Hole, and the trinkets in his left claw and dangled along with the head while he examines them.

"Little one." He says before catching himself; that is far too vague to get his point across. "Littlest one?" That isn't quite right either. Henry thinks for a short while, the name on the tip of his tongue. After a short struggle he finds a verbal compromise which should satisfy everyone involved.

"Littlest one. Hmm...it is female...man but female...little Woman? Yes. I possess new things. I ask you tell me what they are," he says. After a few seconds he attaches, "Please?" as an afterthought.

It's a significant step up from how Henry once addressed Maylene at least. And he has gotten better at saying 'Please' as well, which lessens the blow of him still not knowing her name.

The Troll archers are still being ignored, leaving them to the Kamynar's 'mercy'. Fortunately for the trolls Kamynar's 'mercy' is actual mercy, not an ironic use of the word to obfuscating how his horrific plans. In this particular case the extra attention brought to the word 'mercy' is extraneous...probably. Everyone snaps eventually, so perhaps today will be that day for Kamynar.

WebTiefling
2014-04-15, 11:29 AM
"Ah, variety is indeed the spice of life," Maylene says as the odd creature works out the intricacies of nomenclature. "It will be my pleasure to examine these items for you."

As she accepts the items from the crab-beast-shapechanging-druid-like-sort-of creature she speaks to the others, "These trolls are nothing to me, but I have no particular animosity toward them either. They are employed by he which opposes us, and so could be potential sources of information, if beings such as they know things."

Turning to Clunk, "Clunk, please relieve them of their weapons. Could someone else please search them for other belongings? Clunk is ... less than suited for something like that."

Maylene examines the items from Henry, each item massive in her Small hands, running her hands over them, enjoying their design techniques. Finally, she reaches into her Haversack and pulls out a wand, and with a quick touch to her forehead, her eyes begin to glow a bright blue and magical auras explode into existence around her.

I can see the strength and school of magic used on each magic item. I auto-succeed on the checks. Caster level 1-5=Faint. 6-11=Moderate. 12-20=Strong. 21+=Overwhelming.
On any magic items showing Moderate or higher, she'll cast Identify to more fully determine its properties.

Promises Kept
2014-04-16, 07:44 PM
So: Loot! I'm including what the other trolls had, but I'm assuming that you aren't going to take the armor from the other trolls - it detects as nonmagical. I'm also not including a reading for the leader's armor, since Henry tossed it in his Portable Hole without giving you a look at it.

Monocle: Faint; Divination, Necromancy
Bow: Moderate; Evocation, Conjuration
Splitting Energy Bow

This energy bow acts as a +2 Splitting composite longbow that accommodates a user of any Strength. Although unstrung, it fires arrows of pure magical force that deal 2d6 points of damage. As they are force effects, the arrows do not suffer a miss chance when used against incorporeal creatures. The bow can be used to fire normal or magic arrows, but in such cases the bow does not confer its damage due to force. When drawn, the energy bow sheds light like a torch.

In addition, you can use the bow to make power shots. To do so, before making attack rolls, choose a number to subtract from your attack rolls up to your base attack and add this same number to the damage dealt by the bow with any attack that hits. The penalty on attack rolls and bonus on damage rolls last until your next turn.
Amulet: Faint, Abjuration

From the other 4 trolls:
4x Bows: Faint; Evocation
2x Rings: Faint; Abjuration
1x Apparently Empty Bottle: Moderate; Transmutation
This is a Bottle of Air (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#bottleofAir).
1x Dusty Rose Prism Stone: Moderate; Divination
This is a Dusty Rose Ioun Stone (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#iounStones).
1 Cloak: Moderate; Divination
This Mantle of Second Chances allows you to reroll one roll as an immediate action 1/day.

WebTiefling
2014-04-18, 10:23 AM
Maylene rubs her hands as the odds and ends pile up. "Oh, a girl does like her toys. If someone can see to the trolls, I'll take care of this stuff right away."

With some quick examination she sorts the goods into two piles, the stronger magic items on one side and the weaker on the other. She casts Identify on the stronger magic items.

"Bah, a Bottle of Air. I was hoping for something else, but ... well, if they were carting around a bottle of air, there might be a need for it later."

She continues Identifying until she makes it through them all.

"Hmm, Mantle of Second Chances. Very handy.

Ooo, a Dusty Rose Ioun Stone. Gives some very nice insight into your attackers, and ..." Maylene sets it floating over her head, "best of all it compliments my outfit.

Nice bow! I don't know if it's better than the one you have, Kamynar, but it's pretty good. An Energy bow.

The rest of this stuff is less powerful and I'd prefer to save my spells for now. A monocle with some divination and necromancy, amulet with a touch of abjuration, four bows with some evocation, and two rings with abjuration. Anyone want to pick anything in particular? It's all safe since they were wearing them."

Doxkid
2014-04-21, 10:22 AM
"Mostly inferior to our own equipment. Good. This will be easy if the rest are armed just as poorly as these were." Once the trinkets have been removed Henry snaps the Troll Leader's head in half with his lesser Claw. The body, and its shell, will be dealt with later.

"Finish distributing what you need and store away everything else. Time wasted standing here only benefits our foes. I would not like for any of you to fall here. I am still using all of you."

He delivers his touching speech about friendship while flicking troll remains from his lesser Claw and then stands facing toward the tower, awaiting his next fight.

WebTiefling
2014-04-21, 11:09 AM
"Oh Henry, you do say the nicest things." Maylene bats her eyes at the back of the crab thing and shakes her head.

"He's right, though. I can transform this stuff into more useful things in the future when we have some time, but at the moment, pick quickly and let's keep going as soon as everyone is healed."

supernerd
2014-04-23, 10:59 AM
Kamynar sighed and took the bow for himself, "I'll take it for a back up, unfortunately, but there should be enough power in it later to get something nice and apply the Force Property to my bow permanently. Still, let me have five minutes to refresh my Lay on Hands. Then we can get going."

He meditates for a few minutes, then turns to their favorite crab, "I must say though, that was a very impressive display. I can't imagine the power you've got. Glad you're friendly, and that you're ready to let's us ride on your shell from time to time. Are we ready?"

WebTiefling
2014-04-24, 04:25 PM
Maylene looks to the others. "Everyone all set for equipment? Ok." She shrugs. Not immediately jumping at the chance to fiddle with new things just didn't seem normal.

"If anyone wants any of it, just let me know."

With that, she swung the Mantle over her shoulders and attached its little clasps. She slipped one of the rings onto her finger, and adjusted the monocle on her eye, trying it out.

The remaining ring and the four bows, she dropped into her Enveloping Pit, calling in, "Stow those away for later."

Any obvious effects from the minor ring and the monocle? I'm feeling adventurous.

With a nice Mantle and Monocle, standing along her somewhat robotic-looking companion Clunk, she's looking very Steampunk!

Doxkid
2014-04-24, 06:34 PM
Henry acknowledges both Kamynar and Maylene by clicking his lesser Claw at each of them in turn. The gestures are mostly identical but the meaning seems different for each, as he nods toward Kamynar and his lesser Claw lingers in Maylene’s direction for a moment longer than it does on the party’s moral vocalist.

“Then let’s go.” Henry starts the march toward the tower without further ado. As per usual he is alert; this time he does not watch his own claws as he did on the boat.

If anyone needs anything from Henry ask now or in OoC chat. We should be mostly/fully healed up thanks to Kamynar's snowsong Fast Healing so there probably isn't much to be concerned about, but I figured I should offer all the same..

Promises Kept
2014-04-28, 07:36 PM
Your march continues without incident until you come to the base of the hill on which the castle rests. Looming above you are the immense walls of the castle, the banners you viewed earlier seeming even more imposing up close. Near as you are, you see a massive iron creature, as large as Henry at his largest, seemingly melded into the gates. You have little time to ponder it, however, as a chill falls over you all and a great shadow descends on you. An immense giant, clad in clockwork armor with ethereal wings of darkness sprouting from his back, descends lightly to the ground in front of you. He holds an immense sword, carved with runes of power, in his hands. A cold, thundering voice echoes from his mouth.

"I am Byleist, Lord of the Storm. Turn back or be unmade."

Anyone have See Invisibility or some other special sense mode active?

Doxkid
2014-04-30, 07:40 PM
"The stench of death. Undeath. Unnaturalness." His face remains emotionless and impassive. These things are disgusting, but of little interest to him as long as his claws still have strength and his shell is still harder than metal or stone. "No matter."

Henry plucks a delicate pink blossom from his hair and gently plants in the ground at his feet. With an air of confidence he strides forward toward the tower an the giant, leaving the plant to mature alongside his allies and his allies to watch over his plant.

"My titles are of no importance. My holdings are abandoned. I am merely the Crab who watches Little Ones, tends the garden and manages the grove. But I am still a Crab, Byleist, and a Crab fears no storm. I will show you the power Crabs hold," Henry promises while presenting his Greater Claw to the massive being.

---
Growth point status: 13/30 spent. 0 returning on next round
9-Nature Slumber: Cherry Blossom
1-Greater Weeping Willow Treant
------
Actions

Standard action-Henry plants his Cherry Blossom Greater Treant beside Maylene and Kamynar. It will grow into a treant in 2 rounds.

Move-Henry walks forward and issues his challenge to the giant. Knowing full well the kind of reach a being of that size would possess, he'll stay outside of that range but still make himself the most available target for an attack.

Swift- Henry readies Shell Smash for his lesser Claw, making his next attack with it a touch attack.

Promises Kept
2014-04-30, 08:39 PM
The great giant laughs coldly, gripping his enormous sword in both hands. "My obligations are complete then, little man. I shall enjoy devouring you and your kin, body and soul." With this, a dark presence seems to descend over the battlefield, as Byleist readies himself for battle.

Initiative:
Byleist: [roll0]
??? 1: [roll1]
??? 2: [roll2]

Henry: [roll3]
Kamynar: [roll4]

Promises Kept
2014-04-30, 08:59 PM
As the battle begins, the dark presence of Byleist seems to tear at your very souls.
Everyone takes 32 untyped damage.

The enormous Giant launches himself forward at Henry, charging with his sword above his head, and brings it down on the crab-man's shell with enough force to knock most anything away.
Attack:[roll0] vs. Flat-footed.
Miss Chance: [roll2] - Fails on 81-100
Bull Rush Attempt: [roll3]
If this succeeds, he attempts to push Henry back into the midst of his allies.

After the massive blow has been struck, there is a whistle of a blade cutting through the air next to Maylene.
Attack: [roll4] vs. Flat-Footed
Damage: [roll5]

Doxkid
2014-05-02, 03:00 PM
Henry skids backwards towards the party without any change in his stance; if not for the trough of dirt left behind by his feet it would almost look like he had never moved at all. "Not bad," he mutters before rolling his shoulders and flexing his Greater Claw to get back into the groove of fighting.

Unlike most battles he doesn't seem inclined to through himself directly into the fight. Not yet anyway. Instead he spends some time flexing in front of his giant enemy, his ribs cracking and popping as his body undoes some of the damage inflicted by that direct attack. Although the demonstration is sure to be appreciated, he is not showing off. Not solely showing off, anyway. Instead he seems to be biding his time for Kamynar to find the right magic and words to use in this situation.

"But I'm with these Little Ones for a reason, storm-lord." Henry's magnificent fairy-wings flutter aggressively but, for once, Henry does not charge into battle. Not yet anyway.

The Byleist's Bullrush pushes Henry back 20 feet.
On Hen's turn he delays, waiting for Kamynar to finish his turn.

supernerd
2014-05-02, 07:48 PM
Kamynar sighed, hoping that they'd get through this fight alive. With the fight starting too early, he had no choice but to spend time preparing them for the beating that was to come. With any luck, they might just win. With a low humming to eerily set the mood, he hopefully would look inactive as he moved a small distance out of the way.

Standard/Swift: Bardsong: +13 Attack/Damage
Move, 15ft away from where Henry landed.

Next turn, personal buff I was going to lay down and then probably temp HP if his area thing is at will.

Doxkid
2014-05-05, 11:53 AM
Henry throws himself at the giant with little regard for silly things like 'touching the ground' or 'bracing for impact'. At the very last moment before impact Henry thrusts both of his Claws forward, practically punching the giant with both open weapons as he attempts to lock the massive being down.

"They make me stronger," Henry says with the smugness of a Crab that has finally caught the finger of the child that poking it.

Response to attack - Induce Allergy:the giant must make a fortitude save DC 27 or become Nauseated for 1 round. On a successful save the giant instead becomes sickened for 1 round.

Status info:
-Regeneration heals 6 nonlethal damage. Henry is currently at 156/219 at will lose consciousness if he goes beyond 219 nonlethal damage.
-The Cherry Blossom tree will finish growing in 1 round
-No change in growth points
-2 AC until next round since Henry is charging

Swift action- Henry Activates Shell Smash on his lesser claw; he now has both of his next attacks triggering as if they were touch attacks.

Free action: Henry pops two instances of Crab Hammer, one for each Claw. He has 3 uses of this ability remaining.

Fullround action: Henry charges the Giant and attacks with both claws (thanks to the 'Double Strike' Noble-Crab ability.

*Things to note: Several damage die are larger than typical for Henry because Behemoth makes Henry count as 1 size larger than the enemy which I belive is Colossal.

*Things to note: The first grapple checks do damage as if they were an unarmed strikes as well as trigger constrict damage. The bonuses make this significant so I'll actually use this instead of ignoring the unarmed strike (which typically does paltry damage so I tend to omit it).

---Greater Claw---
Attack: [roll0] (29 base, + 2 Charge, +13 Kamynar's song, +13 Crab Hammer)-This resolves as a touch attack that ignores any Miss Chance, DR and Hardness.

+11 strength, +6 Powerful Claws, +5 enhancement, +13 Kamynar's song, +11 Crab Hammer

If that hits Henry will start a grapple as a free action thanks to Crab Grab

Grapple check: [roll2] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws, +13 BAB, +4 Behemoth [makes Henry at least 1 size larger than the enemy, adding +4 to Henry's grapple mod.)

Unarmed strike damage: [roll3] (Colossal+ damage, +11 strength, +13 Kamynar's song)
Constrict Damage: [roll4] (+11 strength, +6 powerful Claws, +5 enhancement, +13 Kamynar's song)

---lesser Claw---
Attack: [roll5] (24 base, + 2 Charge, +13 Kamynar's song, +13 Crab Hammer)-This resolves as a touch attack that ignores any Miss Chance, DR and Hardness.

Damage: [roll6] (+11 strength, +6 Powerful Claws, +13 Kamynar's song, +11 Crab Hammer

Grapple check: [roll7] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws, +13 BAB, +4 Behemoth [makes Henry at least 1 size larger than the enemy, adding +4 to Henry's grapple mod.])

This will do damage as if it were an unarmed strike as well as trigger constrict damage.

Unarmed strike damage: [roll8] (Colossal+ damage, +11 strength, +13 Kamynar's song)
Constrict Damage: [roll9] (+11 strength, +6 powerful Claws, +13 Kamynar's song)

---
If both attacks hit this will trigger Limb Ripper: The giant must make a fort save DC 27 or lose its right (which I hope is its dominant) arm.

WebTiefling
2014-05-09, 12:19 PM
"Oh bother, Clunk you provide flanking for our crustacean friend. Defense, just flanking."

The giant looked like he would be able to shrug off some of her regular tactics, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a try. Maybe combined with some support for the giant crab.

Maylene pulled out her wand of Magic Missile and her wand of Haste. With a quick flick of her wrists, magic streams forth from both wands - from the one faintly glowing missiles of energy empowered to drain the life of their target and the other a blast of magic to grant greater speed.

Henry was now Hasted.

Clunk flew up and behind the giant, advancing carefully, ready to block blows as best it could.

Clunk is flying in to provide flanking on the giant. He is doing Total Defense, so his AC is now 36.

Haste gives an extra attack, +1 to hit, +1 dodge to AC, and +1 to Reflex saves. He also moves 30' round faster in all ways.

Magic Missiles:
[roll0] plus 1 negative level
[roll1] plus 1 negative level
[roll2] plus 1 negative level
[roll3] plus 1 negative level
[roll4] plus 1 negative level

Promises Kept
2014-05-10, 02:42 PM
Byleist attempts to resist the crab-man's fearsome claws.

Opposed Grapple Checks: [roll0] [roll1]

Making another post after I know if these succeed.

Promises Kept
2014-05-10, 03:21 PM
The great Crab-Man manages to trap Byleist in his claws with the second strike.

Byleist seems to more or less shrug off Maylene's bolts.

A whisper of air is all that betrays a blade sweeping through the air towards Henry.

Attack: [roll0] vs. Flat-Footed AC

Byleist's fearsome aura claws at your spirits. You take 32 damage.

Byleist, being crushed within Henry's claws, drops his great blade. He then musters all of his dark power to smash the crab man, swinging his fists furiously

The first blow sends waves of darkness screaming from the point of impact.
Full Attack:
Attack 1: [roll2]
Damage 1:[roll3]
Everyone but Henry must make a DC 25 Reflex save or take 40 damage. No effect on a successful save.
Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]
Attack 3: [roll6]
Damage 3: [roll7]
Attack 4: [roll8]
Damage 4: [roll9]
Attack 5: [roll10]
Damage 5: [roll11]

Reflex Save for Invis creature: [roll12]
Reflex Save for Invis creature: [roll13]

A whisper of death seems to come from the air near Maylene and she feels a dark power striving to overtake her limbs.
Make a Will Save DC 24 or be Paralyzed as per the Hold Monster spell.

WebTiefling
2014-05-12, 01:30 PM
Maylene Will save DC 24: [roll0]
Maylene Reflex save DC 25: [roll1]

Clunk is a Construct, so I'm assuming he doesn't need to worry about the Reflex save (immune neg energy) but just in case the source is something else:
Clunk Reflex save DC 25: [roll2]

Maylene grunts at the waves of energy coming from the giant, trying to rip her being apart, and then something touched her mind and she pulled up her mental defenses. It had been a clumsy attempt against one of her skills, but she didn't want to have to worry about it again.

Two different wands jumped into her hands, one sending a black to enfeeble and drain life from the giant, and the other to cover herself against further mental assaults. She watched with interest to see if the ray had any effect. The thing didn't seem to be undead at first glance, but it seemed to ignore the magic missiles that usually drained things pretty well.

OOC: Watching for effects of the ray. See if the thing is just tough and it will take a lot of draining, or if it's immune to negative energy effects.

"Clunk, light him up," she yelled. Now that they were grappling, merely flanking the beast wouldn't help. She wasn't sure if Clunk could contribute much to the attack, but it couldn't hurt.

Ray of Enfeeblement to drain a level too.
Protection from Evil on Maylene.
Will roll in the next post.

WebTiefling
2014-05-12, 01:54 PM
Clunk heard the shout and shifted from defense to a blazing offense, his sword a blur of strikes on the undodging giant.

Maylene's Ray of Enfeeblement:
To Hit touch attack, giant has no Dex to AC and is Huge (I assume), so AC is 8: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Strength penalty and negative one level.

Clunk:
Attack: [roll2] and crit on 17-20 [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Attack: [roll5] and crit on 17-20 [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Attack: [roll8] and crit on 17-20 [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]

Note: Clunk can See Invisible. If there are any Invisible creatures about, he would be notifying people.

supernerd
2014-05-12, 09:27 PM
The fire in Kamynar's eyes lit once more as he joined in the fray, hoping to put damage into the giant if Clunk could preoccupy the invisible creatures. "Let's take care of this!" He shouted as he continued to hum, loosing arrows into the giant's torso, "Ehlonna, guide my arrow to the heart of the messenger of darkness."

Maintain Inspire Courage
Swift: Hero's Leadership: [roll0] Temp HP for the Party.

Full Attack: Smite Evil: Repeated Smiting: Ranged Smiting: Cool down [roll1] rounds

To Hit: [roll2]
[roll3]+[roll4](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
Split Arrow:
To Hit: [roll5]
[roll6]+[roll7](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll8]
[roll9]+[roll10](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
Split Arrow:
To Hit: [roll11]
[roll12]+[roll13](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll14]
[roll15]+[roll16](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
Split Arrow:
To Hit: [roll17]
[roll18]+[roll19](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

To Hit: [roll20]
[roll21]+[roll22](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)
Split Arrow:
To Hit: [roll23]
[roll24]+[roll25](Force, Force, Holy, Holy)

Doxkid
2014-05-12, 11:05 PM
Henry's hold on the giant lasts only a few seconds before the crab-man is brought to his knees; all of the attacks he has tanked have finally caught up to him, it seems.

"This...this is nothing! You can barely...dent...my...-" before he can finish the thought Henry collapses, unconscious again his wishes and vulnerable for the first time since anyone in the party has met him.

Moments too late Henry's Cherry Blossom Treant finally awakens to full strength. The first thing it sees? Henry spread eagle on the ground with a massive giant towering over his body.

The Cherry Blossom treant stomps up to the front lines of the battle spreading it's pleasant aroma, a bundle of flowers dripping with a bitter smelling chemical flowers melting together at the edge of a long slender branch. The bundle is then tossed directly at Henry and the Giant standing over him

No sooner than the bundle is launched the treant releases a storm of Cherry blossom petals in hopes of protecting Henry's allies and ensuring Henry's victory.

Henry tanks some more damage, Regenerates 6 nonlethal damage and Fast Heals 1 nonlethal damage (Snowsong) leaving him at 255/219 nonlethal damage. This knocks him out cold. He is unconscious and helpless, but it'll still take some work to finish him off...probably.

Growth points: Unchanged.
-----
Cherry Blossom Treant is finished growing and can thus take actions.
-Move: advance closer to the fight but outside of the giant's reach, preferably to positioning itself between the Giant and the rest of he party

-Standard: Cherry Blossom Bomb attack doing [roll0] damage. Reflex save DC 25 halves this damage. A failed save results in the target taking half of the damage again next round.

-Free: Aromatherapy activates. Allies receive +10 bonus on saves against poison and disease. Sickening is suppressed, and Nausea is reduced to sickening.

-Swift: Blossom Storm: Any attack, direct, targeted, or area of effect has a 20% chance of being blocked. Lasts 2 rounds and can be used in 5 rounds.
-----
Both Henry and the Treant receive Hero's Leadership's 51 Temporary Hitpoints, but I have no idea how temp Hit Points interact with unconsciousness due to nonlethal damage. Asking for a ruling on that in the OoC thread.

Doxkid
2014-05-13, 11:44 PM
As the Cherry Blossom treant moves into position to fire it's flower attack Henry snaps awake, equal parts enraged and furious.

"You can barely dent my shell, little death Shepard! And you certainly won't stop me from doing this!" Henry clicks his lesser claw, wrapping himself in a cocoon of nature magic. Just as the magic completely seals him off from the outside world the scent of uncooked but deliciously seasoned seafood wafts up from his body.

Half a second later the cherry blossom attack explodes against the outside of the cocoon, but Henry doesn't seem to notice or care.

Henry uses Delicious Crab to provoke the enemies into attacking himself. The will save DC to resist the urge to smash him apart is 27.

All enemies that have attacked him must make a fort save DC 27 or become Nauseated for 1 round. On a successful save they are merely sickened for 1 round. Those that hit him with an natural attack take a -2 penalty on this save. Enemies that would normally be immune to sickening and nausea instead gain a +5 bonus on their save.

Henry Defensively casts Rejuvenation Cocoon on himself as his standard action.

Concentration check vs DC 20: [roll0].

If he successfully casts the spell a magical shell with 130 hit point and 10 hardness forms around him. On Henry's next turn it will heal him for 130 health and release him.

After being struck by the Cherry blossom attack the Shell has 100 hit points remaining.

Promises Kept
2014-05-14, 11:17 AM
Between Clunk's blows, Kamynar's arrows and the Treant's bomb, Byleist seems to have finally reached his limit. He thunders as he is struck, "Mother, avenge me!" With a mighty crash, the giant falls to the ground, quite clearly dead.

Clunk warns of two invisible creatures, one behind Henry and the other next to Maylene.

Can Clunk speak, or is he just sort of gesturing at them? Also, Byleist fell before Maylene acted, so she could use something other than that Ray.

Clunk indicates that one of the Invisible creatures - the one next to Henry - has approached Kamynar, stepping behind him, immediately before a foul rot seems to flood the ground around him. A huge cone of ice comes into being directly behind him, catching everyone in its area.

Kamynar and the Treant take [roll0] damage, Reflex DC 24 for half. They must make a DC 24 Will save or be Nauseated for one round.

Everyone takes [roll1] Cold damage, Reflex DC 24 for half.

Clunk gestures behind Maylene as the other invisible creature does something. The same foul rot floods the ground around her, decaying everything it touches. A huge fog bank seems to rise up from the ground, choking and poisoning everyone within it.

Maylene, Clunk, and Henry's Shell take 5d6 damage, Reflex DC 24 for half. They must make a DC 24 Will Save or be Nauseated for one round.

Everyone takes [roll2] Constitution damage, unless immune to poison or ability damage. Fort Save DC 24 for half.

Your turn, now.

Promises Kept
2014-05-14, 11:18 AM
Replacing the roll I forgot to make from the second pool. [roll0]

WebTiefling
2014-05-14, 12:02 PM
Even as the giant fell, the Clunk shouted out - a matter of some surprise as he had not uttered a sound up to that point.

"Invisible attackers."

Though loud, it was without intonation of alarm or urgency. Merely a statement of fact.

The wand of Enfeeblement was slid back into its slot on Maylene's bandoleer and with the same motion another wand was drawn forth - a flash of fingers faster than the eye could follow.

A touch of the wand, and suddenly she could see what had been Invisible.

It was too late to let her dodge the effects, but she did her best as well as she could.

Reflex DC 24 vs Cold damage: [roll0]
I have Resist Cold 30, so if I save, then no damage.

Fort DC 24 to avoid Con damage. Using an Inspiration Point for +Int (+14) to the save.
[roll1]
Lost 2 Con points.

The cold was easily dodged and wasn't sufficient to pierce her magical protections.

Maylene had always prided herself on being a strong and capable person, but as the rotting stench rolled about, she could feel it sapping her life. She could withstand, though.

Are these visible effects? I'm assuming the cloud is something I can exit ASAP. If so, I will do so.

What are the descriptions of the creatures I now see?

Doxkid
2014-05-19, 01:02 AM
Henry carefully scans the battlefield with his senses on high alert and, eventually, he locks on to…absolutely nothing. The various flavors and stenches scattered around the battlefield do little to help him hone in on the remaining enemies, and it would be ill advised for him to charge blindly with only his nose guiding him toward the general areas pointed out by Clunk.

So instead he stands there on the withering remains of his healing-cocoon and summons forth the font of magic that courses through his veins (or carapace in general, depending on what form he is taking).

Henry huffs and puffs and spits a glittering glob which explodes behind Kamynar spreading sparkling golden particles everywhere. There is no point dwelling on how strange it looked, how muscular he is, how pretty (as in 'Pretty, Pink Princess doll' pretty, not beautiful pretty. He is beautiful, but that is neither here nor there) it was, or why he couldn't just flick the ball of dust from a claw like he does everything else; these thoughts will inevitably bring you down the dark path of arthropod worship and to be honest there are already too many cults devoted to gigantic human-shaped crabs this year. Try again in a decade or so.

“Target marked.” Henry states, pointing at the enemy behind Kamynar with his lesser Claw. His treant fires off a pink grenado at that enemy, doing its very best to not hit Kamynar.

Actions:
Henry casts Glitterdust, one of his Half-Fey SLAs
He’ll aim it behind ~5ft Kamynar to improve his odds of landing it on his target

Kamynar and the enemy both need to make a will save DC 14 or be blinded for 13 rounds. The invisible enemy is outlined with the sparkling dust for the next 13 rounds assuming the SLA was aimed correctly, negating its invisibility.

The Cherry Blossom treant will use its Cherry bomb ability on the revealed foe, trying to not hit Kamynar with the AOE. Reflex save DC 25 halves the damage and a failed save deals full damage and half that damage next round.

Cherry Blossom Bomb damage: [roll0]

Half Fey SLAcastings
Charm personAt Will
Hypnotism1/1
Glitterdust0/1
Detect Law3/3
Suggestion1/1
Confusion1/1
Lesser Geas1/1
Hold Monster1/1
Mass Invisibility1/1

Growth point status:
13/30 spent. 0 returning on next round
--

Henry’s HP: 270/219
Henry’s Nonlethal damage: 150/270
Treant’s Hp: 92/105 (temp hp absorbed a large amount of damage)

supernerd
2014-05-19, 07:46 AM
Continuing his tune, Kamynar Raises a hand high, calling out, "Come out of the shadows and into the light!" and a sphere of pale light emanated from his body across the battlefield and he took off flying out of the cloud and reach of the beasts.

Standard Action: Invisibility Purge: 12min 60ft emination from me: All things become visible (No Save) So now that's settled.
Move: Fly up, any way that get's me out of the Cloud Kill, The poison guy will still be in my sights, but the second one might not.

WebTiefling
2014-05-21, 10:42 AM
Maylene darted for the edge of the stinking cloud, "Clunk, get your rusty ass and your crossbow over here!"

The Helmed Horror ran over to her, crossbow in hand.

"Now, gimme your sword and shoot the blasted things!"

As it reached her, Maylene laid her hands on the sword and it began to glow with the spell she laid on it.

Clunk pulled up the crossbow, aimed, and let off a shot - the bolt crackling with electricity as it left the crossbow.

"There, your sword is ready, go chop 'em up." Maylene handed the newly enchanted sword back to Clunk, sighing in exasperation as the crossbow bolt went flying wide. Maybe she would have to change the type of construct at some point. Something able to hit the broad side of a Tarrasque.

Maylene and Clunk move actions to reach each other (and for Maylene to exit the nasty cloud).
Clunk standard action shoot one of the beings. (Description, please!)
Attack: [roll0] Crit on 19-20: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] plus electricity [roll3]
If Crit: [roll4] plus electricity [roll5]

Maylene standard action cast Greater Magic Weapon (+3) on Clunk's sword.

Hands it back to him.

Promises Kept
2014-05-21, 12:52 PM
Maylene darted for the edge of the stinking cloud, "Clunk, get your rusty ass and your crossbow over here!"

The Helmed Horror ran over to her, crossbow in hand.

"Now, gimme your sword and shoot the blasted things!"

As it reached her, Maylene laid her hands on the sword and it began to glow with the spell she laid on it.

Clunk pulled up the crossbow, aimed, and let off a shot - the bolt crackling with electricity as it left the crossbow.

"There, your sword is ready, go chop 'em up." Maylene handed the newly enchanted sword back to Clunk, sighing in exasperation as the crossbow bolt went flying wide. Maybe she would have to change the type of construct at some point. Something able to hit the broad side of a Tarrasque.

Maylene and Clunk move actions to reach each other (and for Maylene to exit the nasty cloud).
Clunk standard action shoot one of the beings. (Description, please!)
Attack: [roll0] Crit on 19-20: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] plus electricity [roll3]
If Crit: [roll4] plus electricity [roll5]

Maylene standard action cast Greater Magic Weapon (+3) on Clunk's sword.

Hands it back to him.

Description is in the OOC. Has been for a couple days.

Doxkid
2014-05-21, 03:05 PM
Henry steps free of his cocoon of healing energies ready to crush opponents under his mighty claws; the dents in his shell have mostly been repairs and he is now flexing confidently at where the giant was standing. He is immediately disappointed by the dead body he finds at that location. When he looks around to get a feel for what he has missed he finds two new creatures locked in battle with his comrades and not much of real interest; there are no more massive enemies or highly trained combatants for Henry to test himself against.

"Disappointing. That was just getting fun."

Henry darts across the battlefield and tackles the enemy closest the Kamynar. His Cherry blossom tree fires off a fresh grenade of pink molten leaves which hits Henry directly while hes locking that foe in place.

Half Fey SLAcastings
Charm personAt Will
Hypnotism1/1
Glitterdust1/1
Detect Law3/3
Suggestion1/1
Confusion1/1
Lesser Geas1/1
Hold Monster1/1
Mass Invisibility1/1

Growth point status:
--

Henry’s Nonlethal damage: 150/270
Treant’s Hp: 92/105 (temp hp absorbed a large amount of damage)
------ -----
Status info:
Regeneration heals 6 nonlethal damage and Fast Healing heals 1 point

Henry charge attacks the enemy closest to Kamynar.

-2 AC and +2 attack until next round since Henry is charging

Fullround action: Henry charges the opponent nearest to Kamynar's and attacks with both claws ('Double Strike' ability.)

---Greater Claw---
Attack: [roll0] (29 base, + 2 Charge, +13 Kamynar's song)

+11 strength, +6 Powerful Claws, +5 enhancement, +13 Kamynar's song

Grapple check: [roll2] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws, +13 BAB)

Unarmed strike damage: [roll3] (Colossal+ damage, +11 strength, +13 Kamynar's song)
Constrict Damage: [roll4] (+11 strength, +6 powerful Claws, +5 enhancement, +13 Kamynar's song)

---lesser Claw---
Attack: [roll5] (24 base, + 2 Charge, +13 Kamynar's song )

Damage: [roll6] (+11 strength, +6 Powerful Claws, +13 Kamynar's song

Grapple check: [roll7] (+16 Colossal Size, +11 Strength, +4 Improved Grapple Feat, +13 Powerful Claws, +13 BAB)

This will do damage as if it were an unarmed strike as well as trigger constrict damage.

Unarmed strike damage: [roll8] (Colossal+ damage, +11 strength, +13 Kamynar's song)
Constrict Damage: [roll9] (+11 strength, +6 powerful Claws, +13 Kamynar's song)

---
If both attacks hit this will trigger Limb Ripper: The giant must make a fort save DC 22 or lose its head (already subtracted 5 fro the DC to reflect the +5 bonus the enemy receives. It's easier for me to think of it this way.
----------
The treant launches a Cherry Blossom attack at the enemy Hen is engaging. this deals [roll10] damage; a reflex save DC 25 halves the damage. On a failed save half of the damage repeats next round.

Promises Kept
2014-05-21, 04:07 PM
The waves of light emanating from Kamynar reveal your foes to all of you - tall, dark mockeries of the champions of the upper planes. Their rotting flesh peels away from their bones, and rot pours from their bodies, forming the pools beneath their feet. The decay they emanate is made all the more putrid by the visible aura of negative energy just above their pockmarked skin.

Clunk's attempt to contribute goes about as well as before - an invisible force seems to deflect its blade from the dark entities.

Henry's furious charge utterly destroys the first of the dark angels, leaving nothing but a smear on the ground and on his claws.

The remaining false angel begins a furious chant in a dark tongue, calling on some dark power. As it does so, the toxic cloud moves across the battlefield, leaving only Henry within it.

Alright, you all have your turn. Henry needs another Fort Save at DC 24 to avoid taking [roll0] Con damage.

supernerd
2014-05-21, 06:21 PM
Kamynar Takes a deep breath, his wings outstretched as flew closer to the remaining target, and drew his arrows, "Dark angel, let you be purged." He called out in his sing song tone, and sent a volley flying into the unholy creature.

Move: Fly forward to the other ugly guy, upward as well.
Smite Evil:Ranged Smiting: Cool down [roll0] rounds

Split Arrow:

WebTiefling
2014-05-22, 09:29 AM
Clunk grabbed the sword from Maylene and ran toward the remaining undead monstrosity - its aura of decay and putrification doing nothing to its construct body. Its sword was a blur as it attacked, missing the creature.

Maylene grimaced slightly as she pulled out two wands, "So inelegant, but when needs must ..."

The wands spit out their charges - acid and fire streaking out to eat into their undead bodies.

Clunk:
Attack: BAB 10 + 3 weapon enh + 2 charge + 5 str + 13 song
Damage: Str 5 + 3 weapon enh + 13 song
Attack (Charge): [roll0] crit on 17-20 [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] and if crit [roll3]
edit: I forgot - the Song is mind affecting so it doesn't affect clunk. Subtract 13 from his attack, which makes it a miss.

Maylene:
edit: 36 damage + 26 more for the Song. That makes 62 damage.
Ranged Touch attacks: BAB 9 + 5 Dex + 13 Song -4 shooting into melee
Attack Acid: [roll4] and maybe crit on a 20 [roll5]
Attack Fire: [roll6] and maybe crit on a 20 [roll7]
Damage Acid: [roll8] and maybe crit [roll9]
Damage Fire: [roll10] and maybe crit [roll11]
Would the Song apply to these damage too? If so, add 13 more onto each.
No, it helps to-hit for targeted spells, but not their damage.

Doxkid
2014-05-23, 01:45 AM
Henry flicks his lesser claw in the direction of the remaining dark creature without even turning to look at it. From the tip of that claw-gauntlet flies a glob of mud, launched at astounding speeds at what Henry guesses in the nest of sensory organs for the creature.

The Sakura-Treant follows this up with a bundle of flowers, as per usual; the two impact at the very same moment, exploding with force that will surely put the creature down once and for all.

----- -----
Status info:
Regeneration heals 6 nonlethal damage and Fast Healing heals 1 point

Half Fey SLAcastings
Charm personAt Will
Hypnotism1/1
Glitterdust1/1
Detect Law3/3
Suggestion1/1
Confusion1/1
Lesser Geas1/1
Hold Monster1/1
Mass Invisibility1/1

Growth point status:
--

Henry’s Nonlethal damage: 143/270
Treant’s Hp: 93/105
------ -----

----- -----
Attacks
Henry fires off a Mudshot at the remaining enemy
Attack: [roll0] (17 normal ranged attk, +1 haste) vs touch ac.

The cherry blossom treant performs a Cherry Bomb attack on the remaining enemy.
Damage: [roll2] acid damage.

A reflex save DC 25 halves. On a failed save the enemy takes an additional half damage of the full damage next round.

Promises Kept
2014-05-23, 06:29 PM
The combined assault of the entire group proves to be enough to bring down the last of your foes, as the angel of decay rots into nothingness before your very eyes.

Victory! One fight left in the Chapter.

Byleist's corpse lies still, the Storm King's fury apparently broken.

Looming not too far above you is the great Castle Deepspring, the golem-thing melded into its gates. You aren't certain what, but something tells you you won't get past it without a fight. For now, though, combat has abated, and you have a moment to catch your breath.

Doxkid
2014-05-25, 07:28 PM
Henry crosses his arms and huffs, something that has been picked up over time after interacting with humans, grumbling half under his breath. "...did you really have to kill the storm giant? Our battle was entertaining; the best fight I've had in a long time..."

Henry grumbles a while longer until the feelings finally pass, but the strange emotions leave him fairly quickly. He is not, after all, a Little One so he does not feel petty emotions as Little Ones do. After a few seconds he is once again resolved and unfeeling.

"I claim the giant's sword. He was strong. Capable. He will be equipped in a manner befitting his strength.

You." he plays with his thoughts and words until he remembers the title he awarded Maylene earlier. "Littlest Woman. I request your aid once more. The giant will have useful items, unlike the foolish Little Ones we destroyed earlier. Which reminds me..."

Henry dumps the corpse of the Troll leader out of his portable hole. "This as well. The armor may be of use. I will use the body in my garden later; perhaps I could plant my new trees on it..."

Henry constantly radiates healing magic to everyone important in the group while he speaks, wiping away the damage from this battle.

Actions:

Henry will use Healing Touch on himself, Maylene and Kamynar four times, then on himself, Clunk and the Treant four times. The DC for the heal check is not listed so I'm guessing it is done without a check or it follows the pattern established by the increased healing DC table and will require a check of 15. He'll add 30 to the DC bringing it up to 45 and pass by taking a 10 on the check whioch will give him a result of 47.

Henry|Maylene|Kamynar
-------------------------------
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Henry|Clunk|Sakura-Treant
-------------------------------
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

WebTiefling
2014-05-28, 01:08 PM
"Kamynar, this island seems to have a lot of undead, so let me make something for your arrows."

Maylene goes over to the remnants of the undead creatures and begins scooping up little bits of the goop and chipping off pieces of bone. With careful preparation, she spreads them out before her in a bowl and begins casting a spell of Minor Creation. At the spells completion, there is a burst of smoke and a sweet aroma comes from the bowl that has suddenly become overflowing with a thick, softly glowing liquid.

"There, dip your arrows in that, and you'll do a nice number on any undead you hurt. Hit 'em enough and they'll collapse to their constituent parts. It's called Liquid Mortality. And let me juice up a couple of your arrows too - if we get lucky any undead will be instantly destroyed with a Slaying Arrow."

Liquid mortality - Injury DC 20 - Initial 1d4 Str Ability Drain, Secondary 2d4 Str Ability Drain
Slaying Arrow - DC 29 Fort save or be destroyed upon injury

"Clunk, your turn. Gimme your crossbow, you're obviously useless with it. I'll make it less so."

"Henry, now you - you like charging in and smashing things. Let me crank that up a bit for you and something to help you react even more quickly."

"Kamynar - your bow would probably like to do a number on those casters, wouldn't she? She's such a lovely bow. And let's make sure you hit what Kamynar aims you at." Maylene's attention focuses on the bow and pretty soon they are talking to each other, though you can't hear the bow's side of the conversation.

"And for me, I've had enough of their necromantic magics for one day."

As Maylene casts her magics, sparks, flames, darkness, and cascading lights flash about her.

By the time she finishes, she is covered with a thin sheen of sweat and her face is flushed. Residual bits of magic occasionally spark around her and tiny bubbles suddenly pop into the air for a brief moment before popping out again. The magical side-effects slowly fade away.

"There. What else can you guys think of? I can't do much with the magical items we've collected so far, but just you guys wait until we have time to settle down with this stuff. I'll deck you guys out like you wouldn't believe."

She begins collecting all the items except for the massive sword and dropping them into her backpack. At one point she yells into it, "Hey, while you're at it, bring up my chains. Get ready to toss them out when I tell you to."

This stuff all lasts for 140 minutes.

Henry:
Valorous - double damage on a charge. (Natural Weapon Augmentation)
Warning - +5 Initiative Check (Natural Weapon Augmentation, Lesser)
+3 Magic Weapon on Lesser Claw (Greater Magic Weapon)

Clunk's Crossbow, wielded by Maylene now
Air Elemental Power - can summon a Greater Air Elemental for 15 rounds. (Weapon Augmentation)

Kamynar's Bow:
Magebane - add 2 to its enhancement AND +2d6 vs creatures with spells/SLAs (Weapon Augmentation, Lesser)
Seeking - negates miss chances from concealment. Bye bye blur, invisibility, cover, etc. (Weapon Augmentation, Lesser)

Maylene's poor club:
Acidic - +1d6 Acid (Weapon Augmentation, Personal)
Earth Elemental Power - summon a Large Earth Elemental for 11 rounds (Weapon Augmentation, Personal)

Maylene's Clothes:
Soulfire - immune to negative energy and energy drain and more. (Armor Enhancement, Greater)
Mirror Image - 3/day 6 images for 6 minutes (Armor Enhancement)

Doxkid
2014-06-01, 09:22 AM
“Good.” Henry nods approvingly at the offer of magical enhancement. It has been years since he was ‘all natty’ and Maylene’s spells will certainly do his body well. At the very least it will bode better for him than the Orcish ‘health supplements’ he once used to mold the fleshy form he now possesses into something more befitting a Crab of his power.

Once her magic has settled on him he takes a few seconds to grow accustomed to himself once more; muscles all over his body are flexed in a strange rhythm, his weigh is shifted to and fro, and his claws are weighed against each other as if Maylene’s magical enhancement could lend his lesser Claw more mass.

“You little ones have done well. Your wills are strong and your magic potent; I…liked that song, Little Singer." As rare as his thanks is a compliment of this magnitude, and Henry himself doesn't seem very sure of what to make of that. "I do not have magic like either of you, but I offer something all the same, For our next battle I will contribute my garden.” Henry grasps the Cherry Blossom treant tenderly with his magic imbued claws and allows his magic to flow through it.

“You too have done well, my precious tree. But there is more to be done and I have need of the others now. Rest, Sakura of my grove, and sleep. I will call upon your strength again soon.” The leaves fall like rain from the cherry blossom tree shrouding it and Henry’s claws. Occasionally a brief glimpse of the tree itself is visible under the haze of flower petals, but there is little to see other than branches wiggling and the trunk dancing in place. The petals never seem to settle, always rising back up to further enshroud the tree from which they fell and the master whom they serve.

After only a few seconds the many bits of pink rush inward toward Henry’s claws: there he holds a single delicate stem ending in a pink flower. He tucks this into his hair and each of his claws pluck another flower. His Greater claw draws the Chartreuse flower from the sprig of a Willow and plants it to his right while his lesser Claw produces the pale-green flower of an Oak and deposits it in the ground to his left.

Both treants grow to their full size quickly, each a towering and vibrant affair of green leaves and the magic of the earth. Sparks of Henry’s own personal magic jump across the bark of each treant for a few moments after he awakens them, only settling when he draws his claws away from these newly grown servants.

“We go into the darkness, so I will be our light. You,” he points to the Oak treant with his lesser claw, “Will be their shield and you,” he points to the Willow treant now with that same claw, ”will be mine. Strength in our arms, Song in our chests, Spell on our claws, Shields at our sides. We are ready.”

“We march." With this he leads the group toward their next battle.

----------

Half Fey SLAcastings
Charm personAt Will
Hypnotism1/1
Glitterdust1/1
Detect Law3/3
Suggestion1/1
Confusion1/1
Lesser Geas1/1
Hold Monster1/1
Mass Invisibility1/1

Growth point status: 27/31 spent. 0 returning on next round
--
Treant Allies: 2/2
9-Greater Oak Treant
1-Magic Bark: Oak treant
1-Magic Bark: Willow Treant
2-Chlorophyll: Oak Treant
2-Chlorophyll: Willow Treant

Henry’s Nonlethal damage: 0/270
Current size: Manly Medium Form
---
Oak Treant HP: 161/161
AC: 28
Fast healing 6 in sunlight
---
Willow Treant HP: 189/189
AC: 28
Fast Healing 6 in sunlight
----------
Henry will return his Cherry Blossom Treant to its slumbering form and awaken the Oak and Willow Treants. Each will then be imbued with

Standard: Nature's Slumber on Cherry blossom. 8 growth points returned.

Standard: Release Nature's Slumber on Oak. 8 growth points invested.

Standard: Release Nature's Slumber on Willow. 8 growth points invested.

Standard: Imbue Oak with Magic Bark and Chlorophyll (3 growth points total)

Standard: Imbue Willow with Magic Bark and Chlorophyll (3 Growth points total)

Free: Praise Little Ones for a job well done.

supernerd
2014-07-29, 10:04 AM
Kamynar smiled and took a deep breath, "We've done well, let's try to do a bit more. Everyone gather round. Don't know about you, but I could use some health."

First was their artificer, "Thank you, Maylene, you've been so good to my dear friend, now let's get you back to normal. When we've got time to rest, we should dance to this beautiful song, all three of us." he began their dance for just a little bit, a feeling of rejuvenation spreading from his hand on the woman's back.

He then spun round to Henry, Now then, look at you, you big strong man, protecting the two of us and earning our flattery. I can give your kids a few goodies if you'd like. I'm pretty sure they haven't got magic enhancements. I have spells left, and it looks like we'll need all we can get.

Kamynar healed himself, then looks to his companions, "We shall be victorious, now I've got to recharge our extra vigor."

He then sat down to meditate for a bit and got up, "These spells will last twelve minutes, so when we're ready, I'll set about them."

Kamynar also began humming, ready to arm his friends with a song to lead them to battle for the light.

Lay on Hands: Lesser Restorations on the Con Damage, Hero's Leadership: recharge Temp HP: [roll0]

Bull's Strength on Willow and Oak
Bear's Endurance on Myself, Willow, and Oak

Ready Action to use IC when Initiative is called.

WebTiefling
2014-07-29, 10:48 AM
Maylene grinned at the giant crab - she thought she was starting to make sense of the strange being.

"Oh you do have a strong shell and a strong claw, don't you? Enough to turn a girl's head, I do say. And you always seem to have so much big, thick, hard wood around too."

And since she was getting a handle on him, she hoped she knew how to start tweaking his nose ... er, antenna?

Kamynar's hands felt really, really good on her back and she sighed as he finished. "Oh that was lovely. Thank you very much. Physical exertion is not my area of ... well, strength. That, well, that just made me feel better than I have since we were on the boat."

"And, Henry, since you're so strong and I'm so not, would you please take these chains with you? I'm going to use them, but they're really heavy for little me to pull around. Normally I have Clunk carry them, but you are so much faster than he is, that I think we'll be better served by having them with you."

Maylene opens her backpack as she speaks and a small, grey hand reaches up from the backpack and hands several chains to her. She lugs the 6 foot chains out and reaches in for more chains. And more. And more. And more.

Eventually she has a pile of fourteen iron chains on the ground next to her and she pulls her backpack back on.

"You can just drop them when you charge in on something, and I'll set them to dancing from there."

Maylene started poking a the sword and the armor Henry was using and shuddered. "Nasty things used them, but the items are delightful. Just give me a moment to check them out."

With that, Maylene sat down with them, dwarfed by the massive weapon and armor and set her magic to Identify the items.

Doxkid
2014-08-06, 12:16 PM
Henry waves the praise away with his lesser Claw while waiting for Maylene to finish identifying the magical equipment and Maylene’s overt innuendo passes over his head without so much as a blink of his eyes. As far as Henry is concerned his trees have earned admiration for their exceptional bark and the fact that he can turn a girls head with his Greater Claw doesn’t mean much since he has already proven he can snap a creature's head off; no turning is required but he certainly can do that too and he appreciates that others are taking the range of uses for that Claw into account.

Kamynar’s offer of magic for the treants does get Henry’s attention though. “Then we will take your power, Little Singer.” He states. It is...almost a form of thanks. Henry realizes this after seven or eight seconds and, with great difficulty, tacks on, “...and we are grateful that you offered.”

To cover his brilliant communication skills Henry goes ahead and drapes the iron chains across his glorious crustacean shoulders with his lesser Claw. The one or two hundred pounds of metal might as well be a silk scarf for him. In fact he has to take care not to accidentally flex and snap the delicate metal without meaning to.