PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Exotic Monsters

DarkSonic1337
2014-03-14, 07:05 PM
So I'm playing in a pretty heavy homebrew campaign and one of my companions has asked me to provide him with the following creatures for some kind of alchemy experiment

I need to acquire a lamia and centaur, a celestial charger unicorn and doppelganger.

We're currently level 11 and for the most part playing custom classes. I'm pretty much a wizard with built in delay spell and cool things to buff that

We have some kind of plant thing with mind affecting SLAs that explicitly beat immunity to mind effects (and he's got leadership with a basic cleric chohort), a Druid, some bard mixed with pathfinder archtype abilities (he can give us +3 caster level at the moment which is pretty cool), some kind of Alchemist who is immitating spells, and the person requesting the creatures is this https://www.facebook.com/groups/362248617230258/500349470086838/

What ways can we go about locating and gathering the creatures in question? Preferably something that can be done kinda soonish (we level up every couple of sessions, but I suspect that will be slowing down soon). Waiting for the druid to get summon nature's ally 9 is...not desirable.

Draken
2014-03-14, 09:18 PM
So I'm playing in a pretty heavy homebrew campaign and one of my companions has asked me to provide him with the following creatures for some kind of alchemy experiment

I need to acquire a lamia and centaur, a celestial charger unicorn and doppelganger.

We're currently level 11 and for the most part playing custom classes. I'm pretty much a wizard with built in delay spell and cool things to buff that

We have some kind of plant thing with mind affecting SLAs that explicitly beat immunity to mind effects (and he's got leadership with a basic cleric chohort), a Druid, some bard mixed with pathfinder archtype abilities (he can give us +3 caster level at the moment which is pretty cool), some kind of Alchemist who is immitating spells, and the person requesting the creatures is this https://www.facebook.com/groups/362248617230258/500349470086838/

What ways can we go about locating and gathering the creatures in question? Preferably something that can be done kinda soonish (we level up every couple of sessions, but I suspect that will be slowing down soon). Waiting for the druid to get summon nature's ally 9 is...not desirable.

Knowledge checks to find out where these things are known to live, travel to the places by whatever means are available (carriage, ship, teleport, whatever), survival checks to track them down and lastly deal with them as needed.