PDA

View Full Version : PF - Rise of the Runelords

Splendor
2014-03-14, 07:25 PM
1) Are there any fan maps of Lamashtu's Shrine? (Lower level to catacombs of wrath). The reason I ask is my PCs used their downtime to fix up the catacombs of wrath as their lair and will want to do the same when the lower level is opened. The fan maps are easier to edit than me redoing the map on my own.

2) Are there any fan maps of the Catacombs of wrath post sink hole? I know my PCs are going to use Engineering checks + Wall of Stone + Stone Shape to eventually fit the damage and maybe add a new room to their Lair.

2) Looking forward in the future adventures did anyone else's PC try to take the "library of Thassilon"? I'm pretty sure mine will. I know its about 75,000lbs worth of books, but a couple Ant's Haul spells & Carry Companion spells cast on horses allows you to teleport alot of weight.

Kudaku
2014-03-14, 07:50 PM
Possibly a dumb question, but is there a reason why you can't use the map of Lamashtu's Shrine included in Rise of the Runelords?

Splendor
2014-03-15, 06:36 PM
As I said above:

The reason I ask is my PCs used their downtime to fix up the catacombs of wrath as their lair and will want to do the same when the lower level is opened. The fan maps are easier to edit than me redoing the map on my own.

Kudaku
2014-03-15, 09:01 PM
As I said above:

Yes, I did actually read the post - I just struggle to see how it would be easier to edit a fan-made map instead of just extracting and editing the original map from the book.

I assume you've already checked the Pathfinder RotRL resource thread?

Splendor
2014-03-18, 07:18 PM
The fan maps are usually grid based, with few colors and the rooms are more square. The pdf maps are drawings with grids laid over them.
Editing the official maps makes nothing ever looks right because your editing a drawing. So the walls don't line up perfect, the floor areas are different colors and you have to adjust every wall so its actually on a grid. While editing a fan map you can usually just copy and past.

Yes I read the piazo forums

docnessuno
2014-03-18, 07:30 PM
Did you try googling it (https://www.google.it/search?q=catacombs+of+wrath&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=v-QoU5y9LsXn4gTpkYH4CQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=906#imgdii=_)?

The first image i get is "grid based, with few colors and the rooms are more square". Also has a pretty good resolution.