PDA

View Full Version : Odd Question: Price guide for monster parts? (organs, bones, hides, etc.)

PangolinPie
2014-03-14, 08:02 PM
So one of my favorite recurring characters, Angus the Barbarian Chef and his follower, Lumpin his Halfling sous chef (NPC) are going to be returning to a game that had been put on hiatus for a good year now and I'm very excited. However here's a question I've always wondered...

Angus and Lumpin are chefs/butchers/furriers who, after every successful kill of a monster or beast, carves up the hide for meat, bones, teeth, hide, organs, etc. I was curious if there was an actual price guide with how much some of this stuff is actually worth on the open market especially knowing how much certain parts of magical beasts are worth to casters in the right situations.

Last game we downed a Black Dragon and that's where we left off...I know for a fact if I preserve the heart, eyes, acid gland, etc it would be worth a pretty penny to the right buyer.

Fenryr
2014-03-14, 09:50 PM
The closes thing I know is this Pathfinder materials (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/special-materials).

Dragonhide, dragonskin, eel hide, griffon mane, shark skin. You may use them as a base to set a price or compare utilities.