PDA

View Full Version : Enchanting a Saber Bow

Socksy
2014-03-15, 04:03 AM
I want to use a saber bow in one of the games I'm going to play in, and I've paid the 2000GP extra to get a +1 on it (as well as more to make it composite). Does this affect the entire weapon, or just the bow part/one of the sword parts?

Xerlith
2014-03-15, 04:34 AM
You treat them as separate weapons for enchanting.
As per Elvencraft Bow's example - A bow and two ends of a double weapon, each to be enchanted separately.

Andezzar
2014-03-15, 04:35 AM
Where is the saber bow from?

Socksy
2014-03-15, 04:56 AM
Huh, I can't actually find it online. It may have been a homebrew. I found it in an extra weapons PDF thing with a few other interesting things, like a Great Scythe (x5 critical, wow).
I'll just get a composite longbow and a shortsword then. It'll free up a feat, too!

Andezzar
2014-03-15, 05:13 AM
An Elvencraft Longbow will do something similar. You can use it as a long bow in ranged combat and as a quarterstaff in melee.

@Free feat: You may want to invest in quick draw instead of EWP if you go Longbow and Shortsword. Unless you also take Weapon Finesse there is no reason to take the Shortsword over a Longsword. If you do take Weapon Finesse think about the Rapier.

Socksy
2014-03-15, 03:54 PM
I put it in a Craft feat, the character has Psion levels (gestalted with non-caster ranger). C: