PDA

View Full Version : bonus stacking question

MonsiuerGeneral
2014-03-15, 06:03 AM
Hello,

I have a question about bonus stacking. I was reading up on typed vs untyped and same source vs different source and it all "sort of" made sense…though I never saw mentioned the specific case I was looking for.

Would it be possible to stack a single ability bonus multiple times for a certain thing? Specifically would something like "no thought" gained from taking one level of shiba warrior (oriental adventures p.222) stack with the "Intuitive Attack" feat? Would I get my Wisdom modifier twice?

Yanisa
2014-03-15, 06:42 AM
Intuitive Attack replaces your strength modifier with your wisdom modifier on attack rolls.

No Thought adds your wisdom modifier to your attacks and damage rolls.

Technically Intuitive Attack is not a modifier, but a replacement, and does not interfere with stacking of any kind. Besides that they are both untyped, come from different sources and lastly they work on different mechanics. By RAW it should "stack".

MonsiuerGeneral
2014-03-15, 06:54 AM
Intuitive Attack replaces your strength modifier with your wisdom modifier on attack rolls.

No Thought adds your wisdom modifier to your attacks and damage rolls.

Technically Intuitive Attack is not a modifier, but a replacement, and does not interfere with stacking of any kind. Besides that they are both untyped, come from different sources and lastly they work on different mechanics. By RAW it should "stack".

I was hoping that would be the case. Thanks for the reply, and for explaining how/why it would work! That actually helps with a few other things as well.