PDA

View Full Version : A little project of mine [d20 Modern]

The_Dodger
2014-03-15, 06:51 AM
This is a project I've been working on. Its mostly a homebrew setting built on the d20 Modern system with a few homebrew system additions. Still debating if I want to homebrew new advanced classes for it (other than the ones necessary to work with the magic system).

Underworld (https://underworld-1.obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page)

I am very interested in anyone's feedback should you care to give any. It helps me know what I should work on/improve, what should be added, and what should be dropped. It also helps me think up things I otherwise might not consider. So if you have the time and the interest, please take a look and let me know, even if its just to say you like it (or hate it :smallfrown: )

The_Dodger
2014-03-16, 08:04 PM
An overwhelming response. :smallconfused:

Should this be in world building?

The_Dodger
2014-03-17, 04:15 AM
Added new Sites of Interest

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 08:01 AM
Why in the nine hells is nobody into this??????
I just honestly poked around for a second and was amazed.
The flavor of the setting is great!
And I'm not one for mechanics, but those look pretty solid as well.
I really want run a game in this setting, only with perhaps a few changes of my own, just to customize, because I'm like that.
Nice work!

The Dragon
2014-03-17, 09:39 AM
I read it over: The flavor is really, really cool.
I'd have set it in London or Paris, but that's just me, and New York works just as well.
Have you looked at the Urban arcana supplement? Certain classes in there could be some of what you are looking for.

The_Dodger
2014-03-17, 12:11 PM
thanks for the positive responses! :smallbiggrin: Really helps encourage me to continue working on it.

I have all the d20 Modern books, plus a couple of third party books that have all helped contribute to this setting.

The trick with using the pre-existing advanced classes is explaining how they function in this setting. And there are so many that the task becomes a bit overwhelming when I think about it.

On top of that I still need to stat out the Radiance Stones, sample Salvage Tech, the Golem Tech enhancements, finish the Sites of Interest, and fine tune everything.

I'm not entirely happy with the Salvage Tech rules...not sure what to do about it yet.

But thanks for the feedback! Made my day to see responses here. :smallcool:

The_Dodger
2014-03-18, 04:52 AM
Added Finished Sites of Interest.

Also planning a section for Monsters of the Underworld. While I have a few sketched out roughly, I haven't finished anything enough to post it in the wiki.

The_Dodger
2014-03-19, 10:55 AM
How can this thread have 163 views but only two people have left comments? I'm not sure how to take that. :smallfrown: It seems bad to me.

The_Dodger
2014-03-20, 09:11 AM
hm, I guess that's true.

Maybe I'll work up a better introduction and repost this thread.