Entry
Author
1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place
Total
MLTSP Votes
MUE Votes

Veteran of the Psychic Wars (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16853357&postcount=10)
Zaydos

Rockstar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16882827&postcount=11)
gr8artist

Furious Godhunter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16883100&postcount=12)

Adam1949

Awakened (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16896944&postcount=13)

DawnbringerSO

Unfortunately, the Sandflea and the Psychedelic are disqualified for being incomplete by the deadline.

Welcome one and all to the Voting thread for the twenty-third Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition! We have four wonderful entries for you to peruse over, but only one will end up taking home the gold!

Now, the way the voting for this competition works is as follows:

You receive five votes to cast.
The first three votes are to be given to the entries that you believe should come in first, second and third place respectively. First place votes are worth seven points, second place three points and third place one point each. Keep in mind that such choices should go to the entries that you believe fit most closely to the given concept of the contest and not just the entries you like the most.
The fourth vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is "Most Likely to See Play". This vote is cast for the entry that you could see yourself allowing as a DM or you could see yourself wanting to and being allowed to play at an actual game session by your DM.
The fifth vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is the "Most Unique". This vote is cast for the entry that you least expected to see made for this competition and that stands out the most compared to it's peers.
You may apply all types of votes to the same entry (but you of course cannot select the same entry for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place), but doing this does not better the chances of that entry winning anymore than if you selected three separate entries.
Once you make your vote, that's final. You can not take it back or change it. The first vote I see and tally on the scoreboard is how it will be until the end of the voting period.
Entrants are not allowed to place any votes for their own entries.
Please give reasoning for why you selected an entry as the recipient of any of your votes.
Please Bold your choice for each vote.
In the case of any ties I will cast the tiebreaker vote.

The voting will remain open through April 4th and the winners will be declared April 5th.

Adam1949
2014-03-18, 10:16 AM
Well, I suppose I'm first to vote, then!

In 1st place, I'll go with the Rockstar, as it most easily and obviously fits into the chosen theme.

Both of the other competitors (who I can vote for, at least) chose to base their creations on songs. Ultimately, I decided to give 2nd place to the Veteran of the Psychic Wars. It's cohesive and makes sense with itself, both in abilities and in lyrics.

3rd place goes to the Awakened. It seemed a bit less focused than the Veteran is all; had there been a bit more of a focus, I would have given it second place.

As for Most Likely to See Play, if I could vote for myself I would. However, that's cheating, so honestly I would most allow the Rockstar, both because it is flavorful and because it would make the most easy transition into an actual Pathfinder game.

As for Most Unique, I'll give this one to the Awakened. A demonically-possessed brute inspired by the lyrics of a song? Veeeerrrrry interesting...

gr8artist
2014-03-19, 03:18 PM
I forgot we had a voting round up.

1st Place: Veteran of the Psychic Wars
This one was well thought out, interesting, and well written. I liked it a lot, even though I'm still fuzzy on some of the details of psionics.

2nd Place: Furious Godhunter
I love the elegant simplicity, as well as the theme. The Veteran was a little more thorough and I feel like it was better written, even if the content quality was about the same. You had a great entry.

3rd Place: Awakened
I wasn't expecting two Barbarian archetypes, but you each had interesting and unique ideas. This one felt a little scattered, like the different abilities didn't work together as well. It would certainly be an interesting and frightening opponent, that's for sure.

MLTSP: Furious Godhunter
I'm doing an anti-deity campaign right now, and this might make for an interesting ally for the group. There's also nothing in it that I would worry letting my players have.

MUE: Veteran of the Psychic Wars
This one was tricky; we have two barbarian archetypes and two entries dealing with madness. The Veteran takes it because he uses some mechanics I've never seen, such as the 1/3 maximum power points granting an increase in combat stats.

Tanuki Tales
2014-03-31, 10:57 AM
Extending this because of lack of votes and because I have so many tables to fiddle with and update before posting the new contest.

3WhiteFox3
2014-04-03, 02:17 PM
1st Place: Rockstar. Not only did this one fit the theme best. I also felt that it was the most well-written and had the best content. It took an obvious concept, took it to eleven and executed it brilliantly.

2nd Place: Veteran of the Psychic Wars Very interesting, with an evocative concept only helped by the song that it's based on. It uses clever mechanics, smart writing and it takes the song that it evokes even farther.

3rd Place: Furious Godhunter Simple, elegant and fun. It takes a very fun and straightforward concept and represents it well.

Most Likely to See Play: Awakened This class seems like it would be really fun to run as an NPC or for a player who likes playing more dangerous characters.

Most Unique Entry: Veteran of the Psychic Wars It uses very unique mechanics, it conjures up images in my mind when I read it. I like the idea of the reckless warrior who doesn't hesitate to use up his resources and is rewarded for that. It helps counter the tendency of psionic characters to hoard there PP and avoid danger.

Tanuki Tales
2014-04-03, 04:40 PM
Votes tallied to here.

Tanuki Tales
2014-04-07, 11:50 AM
Speaking of which, we still only had three votes in that round. Is voting still open?

Hm...see the discussion thread.

gr8artist
2014-04-07, 04:39 PM
Hm...see the discussion thread.

Yeah, accidentally posted that in the wrong thread. My bad. Tried to delete it before anyone noticed.
You're too fast, Tanta

Zaydos
2014-04-07, 05:24 PM
Assuming voting is still open:
1st: Rockstar. It probably fits the theme the best.

2nd: Furious Godhunter. It melds multiple songs into one functional archetype.

3rd: Awakned. Its abilities are a little over the place and the demonic seeming transformation seems out of place with what seems to be a song of madness.

Most Likely to See Play: Furious God Hunter. While it has the two sided difficulties of any foe-specialized ability where it becomes suddenly much better or worse dependent upon how much the DM uses outsiders and would therefore be likely to judge whether it was allowed based on campaign concept, in a game that would be maybe slightly above average outsider use it looks good.

Most Unique Entry: Furious God Hunter. Of the three: Rockstar is the rocker bard an archetype (not in the mechanical sense) I've seen played, and one which was the natural expectation for the theme; Awakened is a barbarian madness archetype which is one thing I often associate with music and barbarians although the transformative aspect is a little unexpected and the disease claws are a nice touch for uniqueness; Furious God Hunter, though, actually took it a way I wouldn't have thought of, while there is music which brings to my mind invading heaven (or saving it) but I would not have expected to see it in this contest so I'm gonna give it my vote.

Milo v3
2014-04-07, 07:27 PM
1st: Rockstar. Fits the theme, and won me over immediately with lyre as a mace and the Rockstar Life feat.

2nd: Veteran of the Psychic Wars I'm always a fan of madness, good mechanics and flavour make it even better.

3rd: Furious Godhunter I like the flavour, and this makes them much better against outsiders especially with that permanent death to outsider thing.

Most Likely to See Play: Rockstar, I like my games to abit be over the top, this would fit rather well into my games.

Most Unique Entry: Awakened, it slowly turns the character into a demonic entity, and it has a chance of making the user attack the other party members, which does make it standout.

Tanuki Tales
2014-04-08, 09:50 PM
Votes tallied to here.

Tanuki Tales
2014-04-11, 10:22 AM
This Voting thread is officially closed and the winners in the Twenty Third Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition have been decided!

First Place - Rockstar
Second Place - Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Third Place - Furious Godhunter
Runner Up - Awakened

Most Likely to See Play - Rockstar
Most Unique Entry - Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Judge's Choice - Veteran of the Psychic Wars