PDA

View Full Version : Is E6 too restrictive for Exalted characters?

Melville's Book
2014-03-15, 11:54 AM
I mean Book of Exalted Deeds exalted, not the game where everyone can be a Solar.

... Wait, you can do that in D&D too.

Anyway, I was hoping to put together a game with a requirement that all PCs be exalted Good and, preferably, have at least one exalted feat to show for it. But I also, as a general rule, suck at DMing anything that isn't E6, because options and power and scale and stuff goes way outside my scale of comprehension and I find E6 more fun anyway.

But a lot of the BoED stuff looks designed for level 10-ish... So, in terms of feats and spells and stuff, is there enough low-level stuff in BoED to base an E6 game mostly on it?

Cruiser1
2014-03-15, 01:13 PM
It seems like much of BoED would fit "good" (no pun intended ;) in an E6 campaign:

Much of BoED is fluff related, so can apply to any level.
Some things in BoED actually work better in E6, like Vow of Poverty, which isn't as bad at lower levels.
Most of the BoED monsters would wipe the floor with an E6 party, however since they're celestials, exalted good characters won't be fighting them.
Many of the BoED PrC's require too high of a level to use, although that's a general issue with all PrC's in E6, and isn't related to BoED.

Melville's Book
2014-03-15, 06:34 PM
Hm, a good last point there... Combine the loss of third level spells with the inability to get Sanctified Spells out of it and Exalted Arcanist becomes worse than useless for Sorcs. How sad; that's my second favorite PrC ever, right behind Silver Pyromancer.

Ah well though. So BoED has enough stuff to base an E6 game around, then?

Lonely Tylenol
2014-03-16, 04:20 AM
Saint is practically a high-end capstone for E6+++ characters. Just be sure to scale back the whole "double strength free action at-will lesser globe of invulnerability", like I had to do in my game.