PDA

View Full Version : Making a custom magic item of ... Extraordinary Concentration Feat.

Miss Disaster
2014-03-15, 04:07 PM
Hey Everyone,

My 12th level wizard has the Craft Wondrous Items feat. She has some downtime and gold at her disposal and would like to craft a very cool custom magic item for herself.

An Item of .... Extraordinary Concentration (the feat located in Complete Adventurer, p. 109).

This will be her first truly custom magic item - and she has no idea how to properly price and construct this thing. :smalleek: I'd like to have it be as cheap as possible. And if it needs a body location, it can't be the Face, but not the Head (which seems reasonable for something of this flavor type).

I was wondering if any of you magic item construction experts could help me figure out a fairly accurate guesstimate and construction framework for this item. There seems to be a lot of magic items out there that are basically just a feat-inside-an-item. But the pricing schematics for such feat items are all over the place in 3.5. Also please note, this feat has a sizable prerequisite. It requires 15 ranks of Concentration - so it's only obtainable at 12th level or higher. I'm not sure how to reflect that in the cost.

Thanks for reading. And I hope you can help! :smallsmile:

Doc_Maynot
2014-03-15, 04:36 PM
You could just make an item of Sonorous Hum a spell from Spell Compendium.
It does pretty much the same thing.

Miss Disaster
2014-03-15, 06:25 PM
Interesting alternative, Doc.

I could go that route. But I would like for that Sonorous Hum to not be so *sonorous*. :smalltongue: Especially since stealth is a huge component of our party's optimization prowess.

So I wonder how much extra it would cost to dampen the Sonorous Hum sound? And so, what would be the comparative cost to a CWI'ed item that is based off the Extraordinary Concentration feat?

Ydaer Ca Noit
2014-03-15, 06:31 PM
This (http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/JHtB/feats.html)may or may not help

Miss Disaster
2014-03-16, 02:46 PM
That's a great reference source, Ydaer. Looks like he came to the same conclusion that I did ... 3.5 pricing methodology for feat-simulating magic items are all over the place. :smallconfused:

Back to the drawing board for me it seems ....