PDA

View Full Version : Shape Soulmeld: Incarnate Weapon

Yogibear41
2014-03-15, 04:13 PM
If a LG, CE, CG, or CE character takes the shape souldmeld feat and chooses Incarnate weapon, what form does the weapon take? Can they choose everytime they shape the weapon? Do they need to pick one version and always stick with it? Is the weapon considered to have all alignment properties of the person using it or just the property that matches the particular weapon they happen to be using at that time, for example a CG person using a battleaxe would the axe be considered good and chaotic aligned or just chaotic aligned?

sleepyphoenixx
2014-03-15, 04:20 PM
By RAW Incarnates must have one neutral alignment component so it doesn't come up.
If you houserule to ignore that restriction you'll have to hash out what happens with your DM.

Yogibear41
2014-03-15, 04:36 PM
The character isn't an incarnate... its anything that takes the Shape Soulmeld feat thereby gaining access to ANY one soulmeld that it wants.

mabriss lethe
2014-03-15, 04:38 PM
What the OP is asking is what happens when a non-incarnate character with 2 non-neutral alignment components gets access to Incarnate Weapon?

The answer, as far as I know, is "meh?" I don't think there's anything official to cover the situation. Consult your DM.

That said, the most fair way to do it would be for the person taking the feat to assign the single alignment component for the incarnate weapon upon picking the feat.

Edit: partially swordsage'd by the OP.

malonkey1
2014-03-15, 04:40 PM
My table usually rules that if you're a compound aligment and you shape such a soulmeld, you choose which you get upon shaping it.