PDA

View Full Version : DrK's Wrath of Righteous IC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DrK
2014-03-15, 04:59 PM
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9460/3jgr.png

For several weeks, excitement has been building in Kenabres - Armasse is coming! Traditionally an opportunity for scholars and priests to come together to study the lessons of history from wars past, since Aroden's death, this holy day has become more about training commoners in weaponry, choosing squires, and ordaining new priests. Over time, Armasse has grown to encompass jousting competitions, mock duels, battle reenactments, and other festival events. In Kenabres, the festival is eagerly anticipated, for it provides distractions from the horrors of being on the front line of the war. Smiles on faces normally marred by downcast eyes and furrowed brows do wonders for city morale in the weeks leading up to the event. Armasse is a citywide celebration, but the majority of the event, including its jousting matches and other entertainments, takes place at Clydwell Plaza, just west of the cathedral. All of you had gathered in good time, part of the massed crowd of soldiers and citizenry ready to hear Lord Hulrun himself speak and give his blessing upon the day...

------------------------

You awaken in pitch darkness.... Muscles bruised and heads aching sounds of moaning, clattering rocks and shifting stone echo around you in the darkness. Fuzzy phosphorescent glows faintly shimmering in the distance as your eyes struggle to adjust to the inky darkness. All of you struggle to breathe, dust filling the air and a smell of brimstone choking you slightly. Moans nearby alert you to the sound others. A soft dignified voice muttering in Elven

My eyes, he has taken my eyes

While a male voice bellows in pain as he grunts "I need help. Someone, anyone you must help me"....

You awaken in pain in a pitch dark space....

Whatever equipment you own please adjust to what you normally carry on your person around town. Typically this will include arms and armour as its military themed festival

Mark_L
2014-03-16, 02:37 AM
Arriving in the square you see a large man wearing full armor and carrying weapons, perhaps competing in an event, although his stern countenance is somewhat at odds with the festival mood.

He wears (in addition to armor and arms) a crimson cloak, a white surcoat emblazoned with a red sunburst and holds a full helm with a brilliant red plume under one arm.

He is tall, broad and athletic with a powerful and imposing stature. He has a rugged face criss-crossed with the scars of a seasoned campaigner and his long dark hair is tied back with a simple leather thong.

Maxwell, despite his issues with the Crimson sons will be acting as their representative (as would be expected of him). He would have been looking for potential employers and perhaps competing in an event. He hasn't quite managed to find the festival spirit however and remains on his own, brooding.

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1694112_md.jpg

--------------------

As his eyes open in the Darkness Maxwell rises to a crouch, remaining low but poised for action. He can't see, but doesn't want to draw attention by lighting the first light source or calling out. Instead his ears strain to make sense of the surrounds.

Gear-wise Maxwell will be down the Javelins and backpack & contents.

ShineyDuck
2014-03-16, 04:59 AM
Arriving into the square you see a petite yet very striking young woman with vivid eye-catching red hair and a pleasant friendly smile looking around. A closer look will be obvious she isn't all human, little tell tale things about her giving away her angelic heritage. Her hair looking a little messy and unkempt but glinting faintly in the sunlight.

She's wearing functional but not particularly well maintained steel armour and strapped across her back is a well used heavy steel shield that looks like it has seen some action (or its a hand me down) and could do with a few dents taken out of the centre. It is otherwise plain. She has a mace handing from her belt next to a scimitar.

Her stature and size give the impression of a squire than a knight, only helped more by her eagerness and greenness at the formal military setting that she clearly does not look used to at all. She looks around at the events and celebrations with a grin and a twinkle in her eye when seeing something fun, sipping occasionally from a wooden tankard.

She is here alone, but will engage with anyone with a friendly smile and conversation if the chance arises. Her attitude seems very relaxed and confident, and she seems to be enjoying the festivities.

http://idata.over-blog.com/0/41/69/60/bluray/viifLDC.jpg

------------------

As her eyes open in the darkness, gazing round with her darkvision to see the carnage around her in a close radius. The swirling cloud of rubble making even her enhanced eyes have difficulty seeing very much. She makes out the bodies, some dead some still moving. Pushing herself to her feet with her hands to help get off the hard stone floor and reaching to her chest thankful as her hand finds and grips around her holy symbol, adding a little comfort to her in this moment of shock.

Not waiting for time to claim any more lives she moves to be as centralised as possible in the bodies, focusing on the symbol and calls loudly and confidently to the heavens.

Lady Everlight, shine your glory on us now!

Channel energy 30ft radius healing
[roll0]

[edit - forgot my trait adds 1 to the healing, so that's 7 not 6]

Fionnuala is down backpack and similar kit contained within.

Luke GG
2014-03-16, 05:29 AM
Arriving the square the others see a tall slender man with a rugged look, long flowing blonde hair is catch up by the wind. The armour, sword and shield look well worn but looked after. On his right hand you see a large ring and between his pecks there is a silver symbol of Imomedae.

You see no other worldly goods bar a small coin pouch.

----

As eyes open in the darkness and hear the cries of the injured.
Flash Gets up and puts on the shield. (Striking a heroic pose with the shield)

"Hold fast and come to my voice I will aid where I can. Call to help me find you." his voice carries a note of determination and confidence.

cast detect Evil

I would rather attract the evil to help the others.

RCgothic
2014-03-16, 06:27 AM
Arriving in the square you see a pretty half-elven maiden with pale complexion, luscious copper-coloured hair that flows past her shoulders and cool-gray, intelligent eyes. She's reasonably tall, with a finely curved and athletic figure that could stop the average hot-blooded male dead at twenty paces, demurely clothed in finely-made yet simple travelling clothes in the red of the Hospitaliers Kenabres. Unlike most in the square, she does not appear to be armed, accesorized only with a backpack and a dispatch bag with the symbol of her order on it.

She appears to be hurrying somewhere, clutching the dispatch bag to her side, though appears to be relatively cheery even so, smiling and greeting passers by.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/rcgothic/wild_mage_by_cyruscloud-d6ng6x4_zps463a812a.jpg

-------------------------------------------

I open my eyes to a darkness and pain that's horrifyingly familiar. I rapidly summon energies for a spell that will banish the images of a desecrated hall now filling my mind and cast illumination over the immediate surroundings.

"Dancing lights!"

Four pale white orbs float out just above head height to take up equidistant positions on a 10ft-radius circle centred on me, casting normal light in an approximately 50ft square and dimly illuminating out to 90ft.
Gear-wise, Tali was pretty light on possessions anyway. Everything she owned was carried with her in her pack, which has come along for the ride.

DrK
2014-03-16, 09:06 AM
Words and movement begin the darkness. Fionnula stands up releasing a wave of holy power that briefly illuminates the cavern in a golden pulse and the people nearby. A man in full armour clad in weapons is crouched nearby ready for action. An attractive young woman slowly rises a quartet of glowing orbs of light spreading out to illuminate the cavern. The ceiling and far walls of the vast cavern recede into the darkness. On one side the walls of cavern have collapsed downwards, rocks and dust still tumbling and sliding down the walls. Here and there an arm or leg pokes out from the wall of rubble, worryingly some are demonic nature, whilst others clearly human - though all are unmoving.

Some 60ft away to where the cavern seems to narrow a disturbing shape looms in the darkness. A vast spider the size of small building though it doesn't appear to be moving. Beyond the massive body a rift in the wall of the cavern suggests a possible way out.

As the lights from the pulse of radiance and the 4 glowing orbs spread out they also illuminate an massive tattooed blond barbarian lying nearby Maxwell and a young paladin standing posed, one foot balanced on a rock to accentuate the pose.

http://www.elfwood.com/art/h/e/henyokid/paladin_01.jpg

As his voice cries out you can 3 other voices shouting near you. Beside Tali is a tall thin looking man with long grey-white robes of the Riftwardens. As he raises his head you can see his elegant poised face is a mass of burns and scars - many now healed from Fionnula's healing but both eyes are milky white. His voice, clipped and well spoken rises out somewhat shakily. "I am Aravshnial. Who are you? Who is there? Are there any officers from the army here?"...

http://static3.paizo.com/image/avatar/PZO9073-Aravashnial_90.jpeg

About 40ft away from Flash a woman lies propped up on a rock, one of her legs buried in rubble and currently not visible. Her short dark hair and somewhat pretty face are streaked with dust and grime from the fall down to the cavern though she is clutching her sword in one hand, green eyes darting around the growing lights in the cavern. "Followers of the crusade, thank the Gods. Could one of you help please. My leg is trapped."

http://i.imgur.com/Xb6tR7H.jpg

Even as she calls out a large rotund man dressed in now torn and filthy robes slowly crawls onto all fours. "I am a lord of Kenabares. She is a border scout, you... a hand points at the red haired Fionulla, "Come here and heal my injuries."

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/ltclnlbrain/Wrath%20of%20the%20Righteous/horgus.jpg

THe cavern is ~ 120 ft long by 100ft wide. A rift at the far side (~80ft away) seems to possibly indicate a route out.

The 3 NPCs are planted into the adventure to be your future friends and companions (or enemies!) :smallsmile:

RCgothic
2014-03-16, 10:25 AM
I scramble to my feet, coughing in the thick dust; the images banished back into my subconscious mind for the time being. The presence of the spider is horrifying, but as it does not seem to be an imminent problem and too big to deal with anyway, I address myself to the most immediate concerns.

I cast around for my dispatch bag and the healing kit therein, but it seems I lost it in the fall. It would have been useful, but it's not as if I've ever been any good as a medic - better suited to adjutancy and purchasing than the healing arts - the healing kit a matter of policy rather than vocation.

I hurry to the blind man in front of me and put a guiding hand on his shoulder.
"Aravshnial. My name is Tali Summers, with the Hospitaliers Kenabres. We were caught in a subsidence, I don't know who else is here with me." I look around. There are apparently others here, uninjured enough to help. I scowl internally at the Lord of Kenabres trying to claim all the aid for himself, but my tone is placating as I call out to him. "There are enough of us to help both of you, we'll be right over."

"Hey! You in the shining armour!" I call to the paladin striking a pose. "See if you can dig her out, she needs help," I instruct, gesturing in the direction of the trapped scout.

Then I begin guiding the blind elf towards the injured noble. "This way Aravshnial," I say as we walk. "You were down here already, you didn't arrive in the fall? What's happening down here?"

Luke GG
2014-03-16, 10:27 AM
I am assuming there is no evil taint in the air. If there is Evil I will edit this post.

Flash will survey the seen and go over to the trapped woman, and help free her.

To the Lord.
"Title means nothing, if you use it to your own ends. You will be last to get aid from me."

To the scout.
"How came you this way?"

Post roughly at the same time RC

Starbin
2014-03-16, 12:22 PM
During the festivities, anyone who had seen Hotep had seen him following a loud-mouthed follower of Iomedae who annoyed most everyone he ran into, and called the large savege 'Bubba.' Hotep was obviously from one of the northern barbarian tribes. He is covered with no small amount of strange markings and tattoos ... most of which don't seem to make any sense. Most folks avoided him and his companion; the messy hair and layer of dirt and dust from the trail left him a little on the wild side. He wore mostly furs for his clothes and accessories, but his weapons and armor were well taken care of. A huge blade across his back, next to a set of small throwing spears were 'gifts' for his conversion to Iomedae, as was the wooden symbol he wore under his shirt. He used a long spear as a walking stick, but left little doubt he knew how to use it as a weapon. Given his appearance and company, there was probably little chance that many folk spent much time in his company.

--------------------------------------

Hotep woke to darkness at first, blinking and rubbing his head. He wondered at the strength of the beer he must have drank the night before, to feel so bad right now. With a muffled groan, he started to rise, but then he made out voices around him, ranging from scared to authoritative. Suddenly, there was light, and he raised one huge, hairy arm to cover his watering eyes. He took a moment to gather his (limited) wits, and see what was around him ... and it didn't look like a common room in any tavern Ash had ever taken him to.

With a start, he leapt to his feet, eyes scanning the floor. He started to speak, then remembered something and thought for a moment before finally calling out,
"Where is good Sir Ash,
Servant of Iomedae?
Has anyone seen him?"

He looked very worried, as he leaned on his longspear.

DrK
2014-03-16, 12:57 PM
As the big northman looks around he can just make out in the light of the dancing orbs a twisted longsword broken off halfway down the blade. The broken sword lying some 3ft form the collapsed rock face and an armoured hand sticking out. Hotep's eyes, even in the dark could make out the white tree of House Ash on the golden signet ring of the arm... Sir Ash had fallen.

Beside the Tali the blind elf nods and holds onto her hands for support. "I was not down here, like you all I fell. The Storm King split aside the earth and I fell..." as he speaks it jars your memories and you can all remember now what happened!

Armasse officially began at noon with the blessing of the festival by Lord Hulrun himself. THe crowds were thick in Clydwell Plaza, all ready and excited about the 2 days or martial tournaments. As the aged Inquisitor took to the stage and raised a hand for silence the crowd responded, th throng of some 4000 falling silent. Just as he about to speak there was a rippling clash of thunder and a bright light erupted from the West like a second sunrise, although one tinged with red. The blaze of light sent Hulrun's shadow massive and distorted with horns and tails across the façade of the cathedral before the thunder combined with a terrifying earth tremor and buildings swayed and hundreds were tossed to the ground. The screaming began.

The Kite, the fortress containing the wardstone of Kenabres vanished in a massive plume of red fire lightning and smoke. The wind whipping across the plaza sending shutters slamming and dust scarring people's faces. A moment later a massive roar echoed across the city, a roar that sent heart into the plaza as Terendelev, the Silver Wyrm and the city's greatest guardian took flight from the crowd where she been disguised as a human. The reason became apparent as another massive creature flew out of the crackling fire and lightning. A form as nightmarish as Terendelev was inspiring. 6 times the height of a man with a skin of raw fire a sword crackling lightning and a whip of serpentine evil. Khorramzadeh the storm King of the Worldwound!

EVen as the Balor descended down from the heavens other demons tore themselves free of the rift and leapt into the plaza. Massive gouts of fire, unholy rains of hellish rain and clawed babu's and toad like Glabrezu's began to tear through the throng. Even as the Crusaders began to try and fight, the clash of the near god like beings began in the sky above. But it was over all too quickly. Even as the dragon began to summon her protective enchantments the Balor struck, whip and blade tearing deep wounds into her body and wings and the centre of the plaza vanished in a massive cloud of fire and smoke as both colossal creatures crashed into the stones.

Even as the Cathedral collapsed upon Balor and Dragon the various heroes leapt into action but it was too late! More demons arriving caused more tremors and flames that shot across the square and with a tearing sound the very earth was rent asunder as a titanic 6 legged insectile demon tore into reality. All of you could feel the earth opening underneath you, buildings, statues of great heroes and dozens of people all plunging down into blackness. Your last sight was great silver wyrm meeting your gazes with her own sapphire gazes and her last strength throwing out a net of magical force to slow you descent before a crackling flame wreathed sword shot from the smoke severing her neck, then the fall into darkness as the earth above crashed together sealing you in the cavern..."

The girl beside Flash buried her face I her hands. "The city. She is lost. THe crusade is lost. and final sad sounding "Irabeth. Gods protect you and see you safe from harm."

The well dressed man is less well disposed. A curt "Well hurry up" to Tali as she tends to Aravashnial. The elf again holding her, "Who is the loud man Tali. Who is the armoured one you speak of? Is he a knight of the City?

stack
2014-03-16, 01:32 PM
A man in green hood and brown leather stalks the sidelines of the festival, having volunteered for guard duty to avoid the brightness of the celebration. A sword and dagger hand at his side, a bow on his back. His rough beard is streaked with early gray, his blue eyes showing clearly in the shade of his hood. A roughly carved stag's head over a crudely painted sword hangs from his neck.

--------------------------------------

Voices ring in his ear, bickering and ordering, each sound sending an ache through his neck. His attention focuses on the voice, bringing the memories back.

Fallen. All fallen. Failed. Couldn't stop them.

Still alive. Why am I still alive?

But I am. So I must continue.

He rises slowly, taking stock of the situation. He crosses to help dig out the wounded. "Ogier Strongbow, of the garrison. If the battle is still going, those able ought rejoin." I may die yet today. Let it not be in vain.down pretty much the entire contents fof his paladin kit save holy symbol. Still has weapons and arrows.

Starbin
2014-03-16, 01:51 PM
Hotep paused, leaning down to the man who had led him from his home. While the man had been eccentric and unorthodox, he was the only person Hotep had known during his time in the southern lands. He rested a hand on the man's tabbard, shaking his head slightly.
"Return home, Sir Ash.
Iomedae calls you now.
Drink deep and long, friend."

As he stood and turned to the others, his foggy mind slowly dredged up memories from earlier. The festival ... the arrival of the Storm King ... the fall of Terendelev ... a last act of defiance ...

Moving over to join the others who were moving about, he nodded to them. Silent for now, he helped where he could.

Will lend his strength to removing the debris from anyone buried. Not sure if you need a strength check or something. Str 19 here for lifting purposes :smallsmile:

Luke GG
2014-03-16, 01:59 PM
Flash fixes gaze with the scout after he has freed her foot.

"I am Flash Albright the 3rd. The city is not yet doomed, as yet we live there is hope."

Taking her hand he helps her to her feet and half carries her.

diplomacy roll on the scout to bolster her spirits ( and get her to like me more :) )[roll0]

"Agree that man, we must look to help who we can and fight were we can, but remember we serve no purpose dying for nought."

Mark_L
2014-03-16, 03:12 PM
With his customary loathing of pompous civil authority Maxwell turns to the self titled lord "You'll live."

Seeing those conscious are being dealt with he quickly checks some of those buried in rubble for signs of life, keeping one hand on his great sword should he be fortunate to find a demon to slay.

Expecting not to find anyone alive, but it's usually the quiet ones that need help first.

ShineyDuck
2014-03-16, 08:30 PM
Fionnuala moves over to the lord, seeing the scout being helped from under the stones by the warriors and Tali aliding the Riftwarden. Giving him a careful gaze over assessing the injury with well honed skill, whilst giving a friendly good natured little put down sermon as she aids him with a caring smile.

Of course, my lord. By her light i will bring you aid and comfort. But pleasure understand... Sarenrae sees no divide between rich and poor, i am her servant and do her will above all others. And I intend to spread her light to everyone hurt here. But i will make sure i am happy you are safe and well before i leave your side

And she smiles to the lord, very friendlily but letting him know it is his need she is tending to, not his rank.

Heal cheak on him, taking 10. (17)

If he is crawling she probably wont need to use spell heals on him for now, but will set any wounds that need immediate attention. Otherwise she will reassure diplomatically so he is less brash (seeing how he is clearly getting no fondness from the others in the pit with them).

Diplomacy cheak to calm the lord down without making a faux pas
[roll0]

Fionnuala when happy he isnt critical looks around to see who else is needing her aid, looking to move over to help the scout once the rubble is clear.

IC she has no idea who she is down here with or their abilities so unless you start healing she will dive in making checks on the scout (heal cheak take 10 = 17)

RCgothic
2014-03-17, 02:23 AM
"The armoured one appears to be a paladin of Iomedae. There are a few other armed men with him, but I don't know if any are from the army. The loud one claims to be a lord of the city above," I explain quietly to the blind elf as I lead him over to where a young woman is now tending to the noble. I draw myself up, taking on the more regal bearing that had been schooled into me from a young age.

"I am Contessa Tali Summers of Arkney as was," I introduce myself to the pair, with a wry smile at the girl to reassure her that this isn't a prelude to me throwing my weight around. I address most of the remainder of my speech directly to the noble. "But let's not stand on ceremony. To be blunt, I fear you now share my situation. With the fall of The Kite and our guardian Terendelev and the Storm King here in person, Kenabres is surely lost."

"We find ourselves deep behind enemy lines, and finding our way out to safety is no sure thing. We must not be short-sighted. You commanded others to leave the scout to tend your wounds. But who is better placed than a scout to lead us out of this place? Your wounds are not serious; you will not die from them. But who else here is a scout? Who else can lead us from these caverns and guide us through enemy lines? Your command could have doomed us all, yourself included."

"No, let us not stand on titles. They are the least important thing in this cavern if we are all to survive."

Diplomacy check:
[roll0]
To get the noble to settle down and focus on survival more than any petty indignities he feels may be suffered against his rank.

I suppose there's also a chance this man may have known Tali's parents.

DrK
2014-03-17, 03:10 PM
Aravishnial nods his head, slow tears of blood still seeping from his ruined face. "Contessa, It is imperative we escape. As one of the men said we may be able to rejoin the battle but it seems more likely that we must escape the city and warn Queen Galifrey herself of what has befallen Kenabares." Standing more upright he speaks more quietly into Tali's ear. "You must be eyes Contessa, I do not know these people but if you aid me I can lead us out of here."

Aravishnial: Moves from indifferent --> friendly XP ding!

The nobleman at hearing of Tali's noble status nods and with the aid of Fionnualla rises slowly making a great deal of his aches and bruises and scrapes. He smiles and nods at the red haired cleric thanking her for her courteous treatment as he stares with barely concealed contempt at Flash and Maxwell. "I am Lord Horgus Gwern, I'm sure you will have heard of me." And indeed most of you have, he is well known as one of the richest of the lords in the city with a keen eye for business, though not one renowned for his generosity.

At Tali's words he nods. "I apologise Contessa, I was shaken from my fall and the battle above. Of course we must work together to escape." He turns to the others, "Please soldiers. I am rich and if you aid me in escaping this rocky prison I shall reward you with gold." Looking at Flash, Maxwell, Anevia, Hotep and Ogier he smiles in smug manner "I will promise each of you 2000 Mendevian crowns for my safe passage back to the city, or if that is filled with demons the nearest place of safety". Not including Tali here is clearly just an assumption that offering her money would be too crass rather than an unwillingness to pay her.

After Fion' and Tali's words of kindness
Unfriendly --> Friendly XP DING

As Flash digs out the young scout she tries to stand before falling back clutching her leg. As Fionnuala arrives beside she clutches the cleric's hand in thanks. "Thank you for the healing, though I think the bones are broken." Though with a bit of aid and using the shafts of several of the broken arrows Fionnuala manages to make a splint of sorts enough to allow Aneiva to stand. "Much better, at least I am mobile. Though I may not be much use in a fight! Though..." she looks around at Ogier, Hotep, Flash and Maxwell, "there appears to be plenty of muscle here." Looking at the nobleman she also whispers to the red haired cleric "He is not as bad as he seems."

Then looking at the spide she nocks one of her few arrows, "It looks dead but maybe we should make sure?" Although she seems brave her eyes do dart towards the hulking brutes that are Maxwell and Hotep.

After healing and splinting
Indifferent --> Helpful XP DING

Maxwell and Hotep as they still prowl the cliff face avoiding the odd tumbling rock or piece of statue or roof tile soon also find a handful of silvery scales that glitter and almost glow. Looking at the side plate sized scales they realise they must come from the now dead silver wyrm that has been savior of the city for at least 3 human generations. As the pair of warriors examine them they notice that 6 of them are different, each one shimmering and showing a reflection of a face. Although not that of Maxwell or Hotep. 6 scales do this, each one showing a shimmering reflection of one trapped survivor - Hotep, Maxwell, Ogier, Fionnuala, Tali and Flash...

Will Hotep and Maxwell share the magic scales :-)

Luke GG
2014-03-17, 03:13 PM
Flash will happily hand over the scout to be checked over by Fionnuala (smiling at them both). "you can always lean on me, if needed.."

"Let me suggest we examine are surrounding."

Flash will then stride purposefully to the spider body, drawing sword and shield.

Starbin
2014-03-17, 04:21 PM
Hotep stared at the glowing plates, wondering what they were. After a few moments thought, he realized they probably belonged to the dragon, who must surely be dead now. The images within them indicated they were special, most likely magic ... but the way they creeped him out, it was just as likely that they were haunted.

Gathering the scales, he helped Maxwell bring them over to the others.
"Six dragon scales here.
They hold our pictures within.
Blessings or curses?" He looked hopefully at the smarter members of the group ... which was pretty much everyone BUT Hotep.

ShineyDuck
2014-03-17, 04:23 PM
Fionnualla seeing the armoured warriors gathering around and looking like they can handle protection should anything stir focuses on what she does best. Making sure Aneiva is stable enough to stand she looks to the Riftwarden carefully examining his ruined eyes trying determine the extent of the damage and the cause, knowing its well beyond her powers to restore his sight needing a much more powerful clerics ability, and even then doubtful. Speaking softly to him as she very very gently wipes his face free of blood and grime, knowing that's all she is able to do for now but hoping this might raise his spirits just a little in this darkest of times.

My name's Fionnualla, a cleric of Sarenrae. Though your injuries are far beyond my simple skills you have my help until I can get you to better care than I can offer you here

Her voice has the distinct cheerful jack-the-lad Absolom city accent, though she is sounding sincere and concerned as she tends him. Fionnualla gives him a warm kindly smile even though it would be lost on him, before sharing it with Tali, Flash and Aneiva in turn. Then she looks round to the other survivors sharing her positive though slightly nervous attitude with them all.

That goes for each of you all too. By the Dawnflower we will get out of here and to safety

As Hotep approaches she looks to him and to what he is holding a little puzzled and intrigued.

Mark_L
2014-03-17, 04:47 PM
Maxwell will study the scale containing his image for a short time, pondering its meaning before stowing it and helping Hotep carry the others to the group.

"These are surely a final boon from the Wyrm, but I am uncertain as to their meaning"

Looking towards Tali and Fion, "Perhaps our learned friends can shed some light"

woo, mythic here we come!

Turning to Horgus, "My name is Maxwell Crimson, a captain of the Crimson sons. I will accept this contract for service, although I do hope your estates were not limited entirely to Kebabres.

Maxwell introduces himself to the remainder of the party, shaking or kissing hands as appropriate.

"I suggest we stick together and proceed with utmost caution until we know what lies above"

RCgothic
2014-03-17, 04:59 PM
<Tali is fine. I don't like using my title, but I thought it necessary for his lordships benefit. Of course I'll guide you,> I tell the Riftwarden quietly in elvish.

I'm pleased by Lord Horgus' new spirit of cooperation as the others gather round and I recast the Dancing Lights spell. "That's the spirit! First things first. Who do we have, and what are your skills? We'll need to know such things if we're to work effectively together. For those who didn't hear earlier, I'm Tali Summers. I'm sorry to meet you all under such circumstances. I was with the Hospitaliers, but healing's not my speciality. I have a way with people, and with magic as you can see." I gesture to the lights and then quickly clean myself up with a prestidigitation spell as a case in point. My clothes, skin (and especially my scrapes and cuts) rapidly become immaculate. "I can do that for anyone else who wants it as well."

I look around the group for the next taker. "Who else do we have?"

DrK
2014-03-17, 05:13 PM
For the 4 clustered around the scales you can feel a link with a single scale...

Each scale is a mini artifact CL19. Each PC may choose a single effect...

Alter self 3/day
Resist energy (Cold or Elec only 3/day)
Align weapon (good only) 3/day
levitate on column of mist 3/ Day

Even as the party begins to gel Flash advances on the spider corpse some 50ft distant. As he gets within 10ft the corpse seems to wriggle and 4 massive bloated maggots wrigge forth, each the size of a size pony...

Corpse of spider is 10ft from flash, 50 from everyone else

4 giant maggots wriggled forth.
Players may begin.

ShineyDuck
2014-03-17, 07:09 PM
Before she gets chance to answer Tali, Fionnuala sees the foul creatures burst forth giving a look of disgust at the maggots, and a nervous glance to the blinded riftwarden, crippled scout and also to Tali. Taking a step in front of this group presenting a last line of defence should these creatures have any unusual burst of speed but drawing no weapons she takes this time instead to make a plea for her goddess' aid.

Abominations... my lady will not stand for your filth! In your glorious name, Sarenrae i call upon you with open heart and soul to bless my allies with your golden light!

Bless cast 50ft radius (everyone)
+1 attack. +1 save vs fear. 1 min.

stack
2014-03-17, 07:41 PM
(Before attack) Ogier, bow in hand, looked out into the darkness. "We should form-up and move out. (Assuming he isn't visibly armed, disregard if false) Lord Gwern, please take my sword, yours seems to have been lost in the calamity. It is solid, though not of quality to match your station." He offers the sturdy, if unadorned, weapon hilt first.

"I prefer my bow anyhow."

Regarding the scales, he takes the one bearing his likeness tentatively. "On omen, but for good or ill? Who can tell with a dragon? Still, more like a boon than a curse, I will take it to remember." Another hero fallen, leaving us behind.

Sighting the maggots, an arrow springs to Ogier's hand, leaping toward the vile mass, another soon following. rapid shot, 5' step if needed for a clear line
att [roll0]
damage [roll1]

att [roll2]
damage [roll3]

can't wait for a compound bow.

RCgothic
2014-03-18, 02:34 AM
I withdraw slightly from the spider, leading Aravishnial with me.

<There are enemies near! Hold my shoulder,> I tell the blind man. <Enormous maggots crawled from the corpse of a gigantic spider 50ft to the down the passage. They were disturbed by the paladin of Iomedae. We should be able to take them, but be prepared to follow my movements. There are nine of us, three warriors, one archer, a cleric, an injured scout and Lord Horgus as well as ourselves. This cavern is about one-twenty feet by one hundred with an exit on the far side. The maggots stand between us and our goal.> I fire off a rapid description in elvish to keep him appraised.

<I'm going to cast a spell now, do not be alarmed by my motions.>

I slip a hand into my pocket, relieved to find my acid flask is unbroken. Using it as a focus, I make several arcane gestures with my free hand before unleashing the energies with the trigger word: "Acid Splash!"

Spell: Acid Splash, infinite uses, targeting nearest unengaged maggot.
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (+1 draconic heritage, +1 acid flask focus)

Mark_L
2014-03-18, 02:50 AM
Maxwell moves forward drawing his great sword.

"Look lively ladies, let's see what you've got"

50ft is just a little too far in heavy armor! Maxwell will fade to one side to try to set up possible flank with flash when I arrive next turn...and keeping out of the way of any more mobile characters who may charge...

Starbin
2014-03-18, 12:51 PM
Hotep took one of the scales reverently, nodding to the assessment of the others. For now, he placed it in his pack. When others introduced themselves, he tapped his chest.
"Hotep of the North.
I fight well with sword and spears.
I throw sharp sticks, too."

Upon the announcement of creatures approaching, he turned and jogged forward with the others. One hand pulled free a small hunting spear, which he released when he was halfway to the maggots.

Advance 25' forward (move action) and draw javelin (free action). Throw javelin at the nearest unengaged maggot (standard)
Attack: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1]

EDIT: WOOSH!

Status - HPs: 21/12; AC: 16; F: +4 / R: +2 / W: +2; Rage 7/7

Luke GG
2014-03-18, 02:31 PM
"Take the wounded back to a save place. I will hold it off."

Charge spider
[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

DrK
2014-03-18, 04:03 PM
The 4 massive maggots wriggling and covered in filth and spider gore hungrily point their toothed maws at the party. An arrow thuds into one of them before a second later a tiny ray of acid splats into it as well, the combination causing it to pop with a vile splattering sound.

With a clatter a spear slides along the floor beside the spider's body as Maxwell moves to flank the disgusting beasts. Flash merely charging straight in but missing with a great swing of his sword that clangs off the ground. A golden glow spreads from Fion' enveloping the party and filling them bold thoughts.

At the back Aveni looks at her quiver with a mere 4 arrows in it, "Can you spare a few arrows? With my leg I cannot help more than that..." she calls out to Ogier.

Lord Gwern stands stock still, sword clutched in his hands as he remains beside Aravishnial. The elf clutching Tali's arm a quiet"I still have some magics left to me. If you have need of healing or if the battle goes poorly I may be able to assist."

Down by the spider the 3 remaining maggots all swarm atop the paladin of Iomedae, two lunging forward with mandibles, one merely vomiting up its stomach onto Flash.

Bite [roll0] dam [roll1]
Bite [roll2] dam [roll3]
Regurgitate - DC 13 Fort or sickened for 1 minute

Starbin
2014-03-18, 04:16 PM
It was embarrasing to miss such a large and slow target, but such were the ways of fighting in the dark, with only small floating globs to guide one's aim. With a sigh, Hotep shambled forward, spear at the ready, and thrust it into the nearest maggot.

Time to see if Hotep has the 'curse.'
Advance 20 ft (move action) and poke one of the maggots (standar action).
Attack w/longspear (reach): [roll0]; damage: [roll1]

Status - HPs: 21/12; AC: 16; F: +4 / R: +2 / W: +2; Rage 7/7

Luke GG
2014-03-18, 04:19 PM
"I will take you all on. The light guides my every move. Run and I will spare you. for today you face Flash."

Attack naughty Spider again
[roll0]

Damage[roll1]

Mark_L
2014-03-18, 05:16 PM
Maxwell will complete his charge against the final maggot

attack [roll0] with charge n flank bonus, power attack
Damage [roll1]

DrK
2014-03-18, 05:23 PM
Just like that, in the hack of a pair of swords and the thrust of a spear the other maggots are chopped and hacked into little pieces. Lord Gwern smiling and nodding in approval, a muttered "Excellent, with thses armoured thugs travelling with us we may make it out of here after all" in words that only Aravishnal and Tali can hear. Aravishnal turns to where Tali is and asks quietly, "Is this true, have they killed all of the creatures?.

Beside Fionnuala the scout smiles and grins at both the red haired cleric and the archer. "Not so bad. But we should move out of here. If I can use some of that broken wood as a crutch I should be able to keep up with those armoured hulks." she mutters pointing at Flash and Maxwell.

Tali can see in the dancing the lights that the rift at the far end beyond the dead spider does appear to lead into a natural tunnel or lava tunnel of some kind...

Ready to leave the cavern?

ShineyDuck
2014-03-18, 06:43 PM
Fionnuala at the scout's suggestion nods and walks over to the debris, selecting what she thinks the best crutch might be from the pieces of broken wood, giving it a quick test and bringing it back to her.

Here. Though if this proves uncomfortable or its not working you must tell me and ill support you

She says with a friendly smile as she hands it over. Looking back to the front line warriors and especially to Flash, Fionnuala walk over and gives him a good examination for injuries and any other malignancy from the maggots attack.

Are you hurt Flash? Feeling unwell or sick at all?

And as she is about to take her waterskin and empty some over him where the maggot vomited she pauses and looking a little exasperated at herself, distracted by the fight, and looks back to Tali.

Tali, would you be able to do that cleaning spell on Flash? I don't like the idea of that bile remaining in bodily contact with him for long.

She then goes back to looking him over to make sure he seems fighting fit.

Heal cheak to attempt to notice if he is diseased. Taking her time to make sure she is thorough in her analysis (take 10)

Heal check 17

Next time aim the shield at the mouth!

She says with a cheeky grin

stack
2014-03-18, 08:07 PM
Ogier relaxes his draw as he sees the last maggot perish. He takes off his a quiver and ties it to Aveni's belt. "Hopefully you won't need them." gives her 18 arrows

"Keep the light ahead and I can take point, unless someone else is better suited."detect evil as we move forward

Starbin
2014-03-18, 11:23 PM
Hotep nodded, mostly to himself, as he walked forward and picked up his javelin. He wandered over to poke around at the spider, amazed at the size of it. When the others were ready to move on, he offered his javelin to the hurt girl.

"Hurt girl, use small spear.
It will help you walk faster.
Don't lean on sharp end."

RCgothic
2014-03-19, 03:21 AM
<Yes, the foe is defeated. We slew one with bow and magic and the other three fell swiftly beneath our swords. We're going to start looking for a way out now through the rift at the end of the cavern; stay me and I'll lead you with us.>

I grin at Fionnuala's suggestion, amused by the image of a waterskin dumped over the unfortunate paladin's head, even if it shan't come to pass. "Certainly I can clean him. And anyone else who'd like to feel a little fresher as well. It is not a difficult spell."

As we traverse the cavern towards the exit I study the scale I've been given with my face burnished upon it. I feel a strange connection that I can't explain. With her last actions our guardian spirit saved our lives and bound these scales to our fate. Why? Why us and not any of those others killed by the subsidence? Or was it just that we were the closest and our being chosen purest chance? I focus on the scale, studying its magics. As we reach the rift I decide that having magic detection running is probably a good idea and leave it on, recasting it along with the dancing lights spell when they expire.

Mark_L
2014-03-19, 03:53 AM
Maxwell wipes the maggot gore from his sword with a piece of rag.

"Filthy things. Nodding to flash and hotep and flash. Let us advance in line to protect the injured behind us. Flash, you take the centre. Let the watchman take the fore".

Maxwell assumes the brusque air of a man used to issuing squad orders, falling into his regular modus operandi in these strange circumstances..
To Ogier "Lead on"
Slightly louder to those behind "Let's move out"

As they walk he will engage flash and hotep in low conversation trying to determine their backgrounds and skills.

"What kind of action have you seen, have you fought in a pitched battle hotep?"

stack
2014-03-19, 11:09 AM
Ogier leads the group down the tunnel, keeping a ways ahead, but still close enough to benefit from the light, watching for signs of evil creatures about. 30' move speed means he can stay ahead and still take his time (taking 10 on perception for...12, detecting evil periodically)

Starbin
2014-03-19, 11:35 AM
Hotep followed the others, lumbering along as he hummed a tuneless ditty. When the one named Maxwell asked him, he frowned. Thinkinf for a moment, he shook his head.

"What is 'pitch battle'?
Do you throw things at someone?
I throw very far!"

Taking 10 on Perception checks: 18

Luke GG
2014-03-19, 12:24 PM
As Flash is cleaned.

"I would not worry for me, my dear. The light protects and I have three type of oil on my chest to help me be more supple. I can show you later, when we have time more time. (there is no hint of sexual innuendo, he just want to show you the type of oils)"

Flash tries to not vomit all over the place and look ok. I will roll bluff below.

"What is that scale you hold??"

When walking with Maxwell.
"I am Flash protector of the weak and sword for Iomedae. What more is there to explain?? (true perplextion on his face)"

Flash was going to carry the girl out poo.

Luke GG
2014-03-19, 12:35 PM
Bluff to look ok in front of the ladies.
[roll0]

DrK
2014-03-19, 03:03 PM
Surrounded by Hotep, Fionnuala and Ogier the scout looks a little embarrassed but grins with both spear and quivers. "Thank you." Looking at the archer she does ask "Will you not need these, at this rate you will be left disarmed" a smile to soften the joke as she glances Horgus holding the sword awkwardly. "Thank you for the help Fionnuala, it is appreciated, I shall try and keep up and not slow us down."

By Tali the elf clutches her hand, "Thank you. I am not used to relying no others. Normally it is I who gives orders. This Flash is most loud. ." The elf stands a little straighter before asking clearly and loudly, "Would some of the soldiers please take the lead. With the injured we must not be caught unawares. Perhaps you could take point Master Flash?" The elf smiles slightly at his own internal joke. Horgus clearly considers himself part of the "the injured" as he takes up a position in the centre of the group, still carrying the sword awkwardly though as he looks between the two men he doesn't seem too upset, merely watching all the other survivors keenly.

----------------

Vanishing into the winding tunnels the ground occasionally shakes and quivers with tremors and aftershocks, which is a terrifying experience as the rocks above them shudder and dust and pebbles rain down upon them. You march in the fuzzy glowing light of the orbs for some 25 minutes covering the best part of half a mile, the pace slow as Aveni struggles along on her crutch, face stoic as she's clearly in pain but unwilling to be left behind.

She's moving 15ft so slightly slower than Flash or Maxwell

Eventually the lights seem to shine out into larger chamber, the small tunnel you're passaging through coming out some 20ft above the ground of the large chamber. The dancing lights spreading out to give Tali a clear look around as you can see a faint putrid green pulsing light coming from the small building at the chamber's heart. In the heart of the chamber stands a solitary stone bunker like structure that fills most of the space. It has no obvious windows and walls of well worked stone with collapsed ruins that were once probably outbuildings on either side of it. The front facade bears a 10ft high carving of a great stone hammer, though it appears chipped and tarnished.

Below you on ground level you can see what was probably once the normal route into the this cave, a pair of long eroded stone statues of soldiers standing watch over the entryway into the cavern, but possibly offering a route to somewhere...

Luke GG
2014-03-19, 03:26 PM
"So let us get you home. (smiles to group)."

Flash will be on the look out for horses, for the injured.

Mark_L
2014-03-19, 03:59 PM
"There is spear throwing in battles hotep"

As Maxwell walks with Hotep and Flash he thinks to himself A simpleton and a fanatic and braggart. Well, at least they'll be suggestible.

Looking down at the floor below Maxwell asks "Does anyone have any rope?"

stack
2014-03-19, 04:03 PM
Ogier crosses to the edge, looking for a way to get the wounded down. "So...old glowing ruins. Anyone know anything about this place? Dwarven maybe? Looks like there might be a path on out, but...seems like the building might be important."

Luke GG
2014-03-19, 05:03 PM
"It might be a place to bed and regroup before we press on."

ShineyDuck
2014-03-19, 06:21 PM
The light can protect all it likes Flash Albright, but in my experience nothing substitutes for practical care. You have a scratch or two and are looking a little off peak. But you'll be ok for now. If you start to feel worse I need to know though.

She says with a smile, diplomatically making no comments about any oils or his chest

As they make progress out of the cavern, Fionnuala keeps pace with the injured keeping just behind them her shield now on her arm but still no weapon drawn. She seems very unaccustomed to Maxwell's militaristic commands instead staying near the wounded more to keep an eye on them and how they are coping with this arduous journey as much as a tactical positioning. Though she seems pleased someone is taking charge to get them out of here in a safe manner.

Shaking her head at the request for rope, looking over the edge with a slight wince, looking back to the Riftwarden and Scout knowing this descent isn't going to be an easy one.

ShineyDuck
2014-03-19, 06:25 PM
Looking to the glowing green light Fionnuala considers what might be the cause and whether it is natural or not

Know(religion) check
[roll0]

Starbin
2014-03-19, 07:27 PM
Hotep nodded to the warrior, shaking his spear with a smile. However, he didn't know what else to say, so he kept quiet, following the other iron-clad warrior.

When they arrived at the building, he leaned on his spear and looked around, blowing his nose and wiping it off on his furs. Best to keep the evil spirits away, least they take a simple moment of rest to try and attack.

Luke GG
2014-03-20, 04:07 AM
The light can protect all it likes Flash Albright, but in my experience nothing substitutes for practical care. You have a scratch or two and are looking a little off peak. But you'll be ok for now. If you start to feel worse I need to know though.

She says with a smile, diplomatically making no comments about any oils or his chest

As they make progress out of the cavern, Fionnuala keeps pace with the injured keeping just behind them her shield now on her arm but still no weapon drawn. She seems very unaccustomed to Maxwell's militaristic commands instead staying near the wounded more to keep an eye on them and how they are coping with this arduous journey as much as a tactical positioning. Though she seems pleased someone is taking charge to get them out of here in a safe manner.

Shaking her head at the request for rope, looking over the edge with a slight wince, looking back to the Riftwarden and Scout knowing this descent isn't going to be an easy one.

"I have no scratches (whispered. but the big wormy things were nothing like the ones in the books)."

Flash tries to thing what the building might be.
knowledge religion [roll0]

DrK
2014-03-20, 06:43 AM
Looking down from the ledge Flash thinks that the Tenple, especially the construction and the hammer may be an old temple dedicated to Torag - the god of stone and craft.

Aveni looks at the drop down and grimaces slightly. Gwern muttering quietly - "Any who can't make the climb should be left behind."

beside Tali the blind elf ***** his head. "What's happening Contessa, is the temple occupied? Or is it long abandoned. Either way we may able to rest at least."

ShineyDuck
2014-03-20, 07:15 AM
Fionnuala looks to Gwern with a little disappointed frown at his words but makes no comment, far more interested in coming up with a solution rather than berating him for his idea of abandoning the sick and lame.

She looks to the edge and considers the chances of even her being able to climb in her healthy state none too happy, let alone the wounded.

But studying it a momnet, looking at the distance and then to the brute she smiles, a plan making her face light up as she thinks she might have an idea of how they all might get down.

Hotep... you seem keen at throwing things, but how's your catching?

stack
2014-03-20, 07:16 AM
know religion trained [roll0] "No worries milord, the sacrifice should be unnecessary. Between the stout lads we've got we should be able to get everyone down safely enough. Hotep, that spear of yours should be helpful to give a hand at the top. Tie a few cloaks together to make a bit of rope, Maxwell, Flash, and Myself can help catch at the bottom." He sheds his threadbare green cloak, shaking the dust off of it before putting a hand out for others.

ShineyDuck
2014-03-20, 08:24 AM
Fionnuala smiles at Ogier, realising he has got an improved version of the plan forming in her mind, but looks a little sadly at her lack of cloak to help make their rope.

That's a much better idea!

She says beggining to take her weapons and scale armour off knowing her lack of physical prowess isn't going to be helped by all that steel. Putting her shield down and laying the various weapons and pieces of metal armour on it as she strips down to her leather armour underneath the scale. Leaving just her holy symbol on as she looks again over the edge.

That's better! Now ive a chance to get down without falling like a stone, though id appreciate someone strong down there to catch me just incase

Luke GG
2014-03-20, 08:35 AM
Flash helps as best as he can.

Taking off the armour and shield.

If there is not enough clothes Flash will offer up what he has left and go down to his pants.

Starbin
2014-03-20, 09:27 AM
Hotep... you seem keen at throwing things, but how's your catching?

Hotep looked down at this hands, then back up to the pretty lady.
"How is my catching?
I can catch most things, I guess.
They seem like strong hands."

Flexing his fingers, he walked to the edge and peered down, wondering if she wanted him to jump down and catch the others. As he prepared to do so, he heard his name again, this time from the man with the longbow.

"Hotep, that spear of yours should be helpful to give a hand at the top. Tie a few cloaks together to make a bit of rope, Maxwell, Flash, and Myself can help catch at the bottom."

Stopping his attempt to jump, Hotep thought for a moment then pulled off his pack and pulled out a bedroll. Holding it up, he offered it as material for the 'rope.'

"I can help you down.
Should I jump or stay up here?
Whatever you need."

Figure we could cut the bedroll into strips and get a decent sized rope - long enough that a person could drop down maybe 5ft w/o harm. Probably have Hotep and Maxwell at either end, since w/19 strength they can each hold 350 lbs ... could argue that they could hold 700lbs if they're just standing there, but not sure the makeshift rope would take that!

My recommendation is that we go Maxwell, Ogier, Fionnula, the NPCs (whatever order y'all like), Flash, Tali and then Hotep.

Whaddy'all think?

stack
2014-03-20, 11:06 AM
"Cloak, bedroll, its a start. Hotep, I think you should anchor the rope at this end. Maxwell and Flash can go down first, since they'll need the least help. I'll stay with you to help get the injured down, or go down to catch if it comes to that. Anything else we can use for rope? Let's get started."

Luke GG
2014-03-20, 11:51 AM
Flash will offer everything he has (not a lot).

"I am not sure that the rope will hold I will go first in case it brakes."

ShineyDuck
2014-03-20, 12:14 PM
Fionnuala nods in agreement with Flash, though adds

Maybe i should go first then, if there is a chance of it braking, since im somewhat slighter than you. And that way i can help you down, maybe adding less strain to our makeshift ladder?

Luke GG
2014-03-20, 02:49 PM
"My lady I would feel a lot happier if I went first. I have fallen from many a tree and am accustom to the sharp stop, plus I am stout and most likely to survive"

ShineyDuck
2014-03-20, 03:00 PM
Well, having you to there to catch me might make me more comfortable too, but don't go making any sudden stops on my behalf!

Fionnuala says with a smile.

RCgothic
2014-03-20, 03:47 PM
(walking through the rift)

"It's one of Terendelev's scales," I tell Flash. "Has my face burnished on it. I don't know what that means, but I think our former guardian's last act was to manipulate them with some sort of fate magic. I don't know what it means yet, but I think I saw one with your face on too. Talk to Maxwell, he found them."

-------------------

(back to the present)

<Please, Tali's fine. My lands were lost a long time ago, I've never used my title other than to impress Lord Horgus.> "I can't spot any activity from up here, we'll need to get closer. There's a twenty foot drop to the cavern floor that the others are working to rig some sort of rope ladder down."

Luke GG
2014-03-21, 07:54 AM
Flash will tug the rope a bit and then climb down.

I know this is going to hurt but by how much, that is the question.

Climb checks
[roll]1d20+2[\roll]
[roll]1d20+2[\roll]
[roll]1d20+2[\roll]

Luke GG
2014-03-21, 07:56 AM
Rolls again sorry.
Climb checks
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

DrK
2014-03-21, 03:38 PM
The makeshift rope works well. Flash, Ogier and Maxwell sliding down first whilst Hotel holds the rope steady. Fion and Tali also find it easy to slide down and even Gwern manages despite his bulk. The noble sneering slightly at both Aveni and Arivishnial as they are helped down, clutching onto the rope before a gentle "let go" from the women leaves the wounded falling the last 6 ft to land in Flash and Maxwells capable hands.

The passage out with its worn statues looks quiet and pitch dark with no signs of use. The two statues battered and scraped and abused. At mention of the statues Arivishnial looks to the speaker Statues. Please tell me more, I have long suspected some of Under-kenaberes was developed by the original inhabitants of the first crusade

Skills like Know history, religion, arcitechture, nobolity or geography may give clues.

Staring at the heavy stone door, metallic hammer motif covered on heavy verdigris Ogier and Flash can both feel the evil emanating from within...

Luke GG
2014-03-21, 04:17 PM
"I feel uneasy. I feel the taint of evil here." Flash looks around.

Cast Detect Evil

Let me see what could this be ....

Knowledge Religion [roll0]

Mark_L
2014-03-21, 05:33 PM
Maxwell will have a cautious look around for exits or interesting features.

"I know what you mean, something not quite right. A strange place to build a structure. A tomb or maybe a prison?"

ShineyDuck
2014-03-21, 05:46 PM
Fionnuala takes a few moments re donning her armour she had dropped bit by bit over the edge once safely at the bottom, after offering an appreciative grin to Maxwell and Flash for her ease of descent. As she sits on the ground, strapping on her scale mail grieves Fionnuala looks to the statues and what they might refer to now closer to examine as she fastens the metal over her shins.

Know religion
[roll0]

At Flash's words of warning, she increases her pace of tightening straps, her eyes looking to where his seem to be gazing, getting to her feet to fasten the last few straps and put her weapons away safely in their holster and scabbard on her belt, picking up her shield and strapping it on her arm ready to intervene should something come bursting out.

What kind of evil?

Starbin
2014-03-21, 06:28 PM
As the group completed their descent, Hotep found himself at the top, alone and unafraid. Untying the bedroll and cloak, he wrapped it around his waist ... mostly to cover his butt. He also pulled off his hides and stuffed them in his pack and slowly lowered himself to his full height to start his climb down.

Climb Check vs DC 22: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]
Ah, timing is everything ...

With a thud, Hotep falls to the ground (hopefully on his cushioned posterior). Standing up, he grunted, rubbing his backside for a moment, before smiling apologetically and slowly putting his armor back on.

"Sorry all, I fell.
Harder to climb than it looks.
Good thing I missed you."

He followed the others, returning the cloak to whoever volunteered, periodically rubbing his backside as he watched everyone cluster around the building. Very talkative bunch, but they didn't actually do much. Well, not yet at least.

Since Hotep hung down first, not sure if he counts as falling 10 ft or 20 ... but probably a d6 of damage at least

DrK
2014-03-31, 03:49 PM
As everyone is eventually lowered down to the floor of cavern, scrambling down in some cases. Being carefully lowered in others such as an embarrassed Aveni or a worried looking Aravishnial you can all approach the small squat bunker. To Ogier's finely honed senses the temple seems to glow with an unnatural and low level glow of "evil" that is at odds with the normally benevolent god of craft and artifice. Tired Aveni sits down beside one of the worn stone statues tired and wincing at her leg. Nearby Gwern looks at her with a look of anger, "We should leave her behind, she's slowing us down. Gods know what is happening above as we waste time down here".

Aveni shoots him a look before her face seems to collapses inwards as tears break out. Her eyes looking towards the rocky ceiling and the city above, a mutter of "Irabeth" on her lips as she's clearly worried about someone in the city above.

Beside Tali, still holding on the sorceresses sleeve like a talisman the blind elf touches on the statues. "What do they look like? Are they of crusaders? If so the theories of the underpeople and the first crusades could be true, and it bodes well for paths leading back to the surface. As long as the assault didn't destroy them..." His words echo the thoughs of many of you as there is another faint rumble and small chunks of the ceiling and pebbles trickle down the walls echoing loudly in the cave.

A larger thud announces a crevice appearing high up in the wall to the right hand side as a large chunk of rock breaks free. Worse is to come as slithering out of the new crack high up drops a trio of large strange creatures. Massive, with a diameter of some 9 ft they look like giant octopuses with jet black skin and a row of red eyes on their cone, long barbed suckers on their claws.... Seeing prey the angry giant darkmantles immediately move to attack....

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/304/b/a/Darkmantle_for_Paizo_by_MichaelJaecks.jpg

You are on the floor of the cavern in a space that's ~30ft long and 40ft wide between the 10ft tunnel and the door of the temple.

The darkmantles (3) all creep in through a crevice that is ~20ft up and 40ft away...
Players won the block initiative

stack
2014-03-31, 09:09 PM
"Respectfully, sir, we need to advance cautiously anyhow. Not really slowing us then. Besides, another set of eyes in these caves can't hurt." Quite a piece of work, aren't you, openly suggesting dropping the wounded for your own convenience. Keep an eye on you, blue blooded... Ogier's thoughts are broken by the attack. He wastes no time in sending two shafts upward. "What are they?"

rapid shot
att [roll0]
damage [roll1]

att [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Starbin
2014-04-01, 12:50 AM
Hotep stood staring off into the darkness as the others talked. He missed Ash - the man usually gave Hotep direction, usually with beer. Sighing, he leaned on his spear ... until the others began to turn and look upwards. Gripping his spear, he turned to look too, and was surprised by the grim-looking beasts that flew towards them.

"Ugly nasty things!
Do we strike them now? Or wait?
Hotep is ready!"

Readied action to attack when darkmantles approach (hoping to catch them charging!)
Attack: [roll0]; dam: [roll1] (add [roll2] if they charge)

ShineyDuck
2014-04-01, 07:53 AM
Fionnuala looking up at the Darkmantles wincing at little at their horrific forms. Moving next to and infront of Aveni, offering her a hand to her feet, shield held up ready to invervene and get in close should she need to.

Anyone not getting in the thick of this fight get behind me...

She says in a hushed voice, hoping not to attract these horrors to the injured, her eyes quickly glancing round just incase there are other threats that the party hasn't yet seen.

Perception cheak as she glances round the rest of the cavern quickly

[roll0]

Luke GG
2014-04-01, 01:48 PM
"Do not worry my dear I will distract them while you look after the injured."

Draw Sword and shield and make noise.
"Hey you, ummm Evil thing. I am the bane of your kind and have come to put your existance to an end."

RCgothic
2014-04-01, 02:35 PM
Tali

"Get down!" I hiss at Arivishnial, pushing down firmly on his shoulder to make sure he gets the message. With a word of command a ball of acid shoots from my outstretched palm at the closest thing.

"Three flying octopuses just came through a crack in the ceiling," I inform the blind elf. "Try not to attract their attention."

Attack with Acid Splash
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Mark_L
2014-04-02, 01:51 AM
At the noble's words Maxwell turns to give Gwern a meaningful look "I would keep those observations to yourself sir, as they only serve to underline the tenuousness of your position and antagonize your guardians."

As the party readies to face the new threat Maxwell draws his sword and stands ready to meet the advancing dark mantles next to flash, cringing slightly at his words.

Prepare to attack the first one that comes into reach
Attack (p attack) [roll0] and [roll1]

DrK
2014-04-03, 02:53 PM
The massive flapping octopi float about for a second before a pair of arrows and a zipping ball of acid sear into them. All 3 of the massive creatures shimmer, waves of red and black rippling across their rubbery skin as they descend in whorl of rippling tentacles and lashing teeth! THe beasts and their tentancles moving to attack Ogier, Hotep and Flash, the one attacking the barbarian pierced brutally by the spear in a great gout of blood.

Vs Ogier Slam [roll0] damage [roll1] grapple CMB [roll2]
Vs Flash Slam [roll3] damage [roll4] grapple CMB [roll5]
Vs Hotep Slam [roll6] damage [roll7] grapple CMB [roll8]

Luke GG
2014-04-03, 04:00 PM
"HA. Now you are on my level..."

[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

stack
2014-04-03, 04:04 PM
The sudden impact of the creature knocks the wind from Ogier. He struggles to push himself free, feeling the rapidly forming bruises as he does so. grapple to break the hold [roll0] not built for this!

Ogier Strongbow (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=680543)
M LG Human Paladin (Oath of Vengeance/Oath against Fiends), Level 1, Init +4, HP 3/11, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 17, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
+1/+1 inside 30' longbow +5 (1d8, x3)
longsword +3 (1d8+3, 19-20x2)
longbow (rapid shot) +3/+3 ( , )
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 18
Condition None

ShineyDuck
2014-04-03, 04:18 PM
Fionnuala seeing The creatures attack with vile ferocity landing hits on on both the Archer and the Brute, quickly trying to work out who to aid as they are both enveloped with leathery folds of the creatures. Assuming Hotep with his size and strength will have the easier task of the two to break free she walks purposefully towards Ogier calling on her patron for assistance.

Sarenrae, I who stand in the darkest depths call upon you to shine your light and heal this warrior to battle back the shadows

CLW

[roll0]
(+1 from trait)

Laying her free hand glowing with divine golden light on his leg (or any area free of the leathery monsters grapple) casting the healing into him and holding her shield up with her other hand incase this makes her a sudden target.

Mark_L
2014-04-04, 12:34 AM
Maxwell takes a step and slams his great sword into the nearest dark mantle

"Don't look tasty enough eh?"

Assuming the one next to flash is still standing, looking for flank,otherwise move to Ogier and attack the dark mantle there
Attack (p attack) [roll0] and [roll1]

Starbin
2014-04-04, 12:38 AM
Hotep struck the flying mouth hard, but the thing kept flying on. As he flailed away with his spear, trying to kill the thing before it could bite him.

Suddenly, it was on him, tentacles gripping his mighty arms, trying to bury its beak into his neck.

Not sure if Hotep gets an AOO when the thing moves in. Did it charge? If so, these things are tough!
So, AOO if he gets one: [roll0], dam: [roll1]
Otherwise, trying to break free of the grapple: [roll2]

RCgothic
2014-04-04, 12:52 AM
I summon forth another ball of acid, but without a clear target to fire it at, it ends up just dissipating in my palm; I'm not sure whether the risk of hitting an ally is worth taking the shot and err on the side of caution.

DrK
2014-04-04, 03:38 PM
Two of the massive beast's latch onto Hotep and Ogier whilst Flash steps aside as the third lashes at him. Engulfed in flapping tentacles that seek to crush and tear Ogier struggles and is held tight, but the wounds close as Fionulla steps up close to the twisting pair. A hand reaching out with healing power as the darkmantle's red eyes glitter eerily at her. Flash and Maxwell tackle one of the creatures, Flash's sword plunging into it as Maxwell is batted sideways and blocked and tangled by the flapping razor sharp tentacles. Hotep, covered in blood and bile stabs and fights and manages to break free of the massive creature.

The two mantles not grappling lash about fiercely with tentacles, the third seeking to crush Ogier in its coils..

Vs Maxwell [roll0] dam [roll1]
Vs Hotep [roll2] dam [roll3]

CMB [roll4] VS Ogier's CMD or constrict [roll5]

Luke GG
2014-04-04, 04:00 PM
Flash will hack at the one next to him but 5ft towards the next one.

[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

RCgothic
2014-04-04, 04:30 PM
Seeing one of the tentacle monsters unattached, I blast it with a third ball of acid!

Spell: Acid Splash
Damage: [roll1]

Mark_L
2014-04-05, 12:53 AM
Cursing as his sword gets tangled in the dark mantles tentacles Maxwell renews his assault stepping to catch the mantle between the two armored men.

Attack (w/power attack & flank bonus) [roll0] [roll1]

If it's dead.. Move to help ogier

Starbin
2014-04-05, 02:09 AM
The big man flexed mightily and flung the darkmantle off, but one of the tentacles lashed out and sliced through his leg. Roaring, Hotep felt his control slip away ... and his dark side emerged, hungry for blood.

Muscles bulging in power, the wild-eyed northlander pulled forth his huge blade and slashed downward.

Rage! Draw greatsword, attack w/greatsword: [roll0], dam: [roll1]

Status
HPs: 11/23 (down 12); AC: 14; F +7 R +2 W +4; Rage: 6/7

ShineyDuck
2014-04-05, 01:12 PM
Finnouala seeing the barbarian flare in to a frenzy, his wounds obvious and possibly the cause quickly moves to his aid before he gets too in the thick of combat for her to easily aid him with spells, standing behind Hotep casting her final healing spell to reduce his injuries as best she can.

[roll0]

(On tablet WiFi so reduced ability to post spoiler boxes etc)

stack
2014-04-05, 04:59 PM
On the verge of passing out, Ogier tries once more to toss off his assailant.trying to break free [roll0]

Also, 0 hp and staggered

DrK
2014-04-06, 10:31 AM
With great swings of steel blades Hotep and Maxwell hack down the wounded beasts in a gory splatter of blood and flapping tentacles. The third beast wriggles and ripples before a bloodied Ogier staggers out of the toothed tentacles.

The beast, with its rudimentary intellect can sense the death of its clutch. It belches forth a great cloud of vile smelling black gas before shooting 40ft into the air upon and in the black smoke.

The other 2 die
The living one releases a cloud of gas engulfing flash, Ogier and Fion and blasts 40 ft up.

Its in the cloud so has concealment

Fort DC15 or sickened for [roll0] rounds

Mark_L
2014-04-06, 12:20 PM
With a practiced motion Maxwell switches his sword into his off hand, draws a javelin and launches at the fleeing mantle...

Attack [roll0] damage [roll1] concealment [roll2]

RCgothic
2014-04-06, 12:48 PM
I briefly weigh whether to go to Ogier's aid or prosecute an assault on the retreating monster.

I may have been a member of the hospitaliers, but my healing kit is lost and first aid has never been one of my strong points. Someone else will manage better in that regard. I'm one of the few still with the ability to harm the creature however. So despite my worry for the warrior I find myself summoning forth another orb of acid.

Concealment (1-20 is a miss): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

ShineyDuck
2014-04-06, 02:27 PM
Finnouala having seen the Darkmantle finally leave Ogier, making her way back to him ready to aid as best she can she is hit by the black cloud left by the creature, trying to not inhale any as she casts her eyes over the wounded Paladin.

Fort Save
[roll0]

Heal Check
[roll1]
(-2 if im sickened

That 'thing' really made a meal of you...but nothing a cant fix!

I say with a friendly smile as i look him over, helping steady him when i see quite how hurt he is and getting my shield ready incase anything else comes so i can intervene, Ogier in no position to take any more damage.

Luke GG
2014-04-06, 03:16 PM
"We must press on before for evil is upon us."

[roll0]

Starbin
2014-04-07, 01:22 AM
Hotep spun to find his next foe, eyes wide and glaring. But seeing the last one fly away in a cloud of noxious fumes. He took a deep breath, bringing his rage under control slowly. As the rage disappeared however, the lethargy set in, leaving him weakened for a few moments.

Putting away sword, Hotep picked up his spear and readied himself, pointing to the building.
"Flying things dead now.
Are we going in that place?
The knight looks bad off."

Status
HPs: 16/21 (down 5); AC: 16; F +5 R +2 W +2; Rage: 6/7

ShineyDuck
2014-04-07, 03:58 AM
Out of Divine Spells Finnouala holds her holy symbol, focusing on the image of her goddess before a golden pulse of healing washes over everyone nearby

Channel energy
[roll0]

30ft radius

Before looking how effective that was for Ogier's wounds

ShineyDuck
2014-04-07, 04:01 AM
Not happy and knowing we all needed to be at combat strength she focuses again, another pulse filling everyone close by with a golden glow of hope as the healing washes over them all

Channel Energy
[roll0]

30ft radius

This should help

She says to the paladin with a smile, happy to have been able to aid his injuries somewhat

stack
2014-04-07, 05:19 AM
Ogier clutches his bow, trying to stay standing and not rech as he notches another arrow.fort [roll0]

Attack still needed?
[roll1] -2 if sickened
[roll2].

[roll3]
[roll4]

DrK
2014-04-07, 03:47 PM
With splashes of acid, javelins and arrows chasing it the last of the creatures vanishes back into the crevice in the ceiling. Long tentacles trailing smoke and blood vanishing from view. The rest of the party are left staring upwards beside the pair of dead vaguely octopoid creatures. Gwern stands up form the crouch he was in near the entrance into the rest of caves. "Good work men." he mutters nodding to Hotep, Flash and Maxwell.

By the wall Arivishnial, Tali and Aveni are left quiet. Aveni looking at the men with a nod, "You are handy with the blades." THe elf patting Tali on the back asks quietly, "Is it over then? Have they managed to open the door to the Temple?"

Is anyone opening the Temple doors?

Luke GG
2014-04-07, 04:21 PM
"I will open the doors."

Mark_L
2014-04-08, 12:59 AM
With the mantle retreating Maxwell sheathes his great sword and recovers his javelin. He walks up to Ogier, sizes him up and slaps him on the shoulder...

"You'll do. I'm afraid we scared your lover off though."

..before joining flash near the door.

RCgothic
2014-04-08, 01:14 AM
"We're lucky to have so many warriors among us," I agree heartily with Aveni. I take the riftwarden's hand in mine again and then pause, offering my other shoulder as support to Aveni. "We killed two of the creatures and drove off the third. We're going to approach the temple now."

stack
2014-04-08, 11:20 AM
Ogier hides his wince at the congratulations. "I prefer to have a bit more distance in a fight. Can't take many hugs like that." He stays back, covering the rear while the others open the door.

DrK
2014-04-08, 03:34 PM
Flash leans against the door and with a groaning of old hinges the heavy stone doors swing open raising a great cloud of dust. In the pale light of one of Tali's dancing orbs you can see the chamber within. A small nave of sorts, the double doors inlaid with Torags hammer leading into to the main temple closed on the left, a stone bench opposite to rest weary legs and a trough filled with what would have once been water but now resembles thick black sludge.

Inside the chamber Fionnula and Ogier can hear what sounds like angry ringing of hammer upon stone. A message from the enraged Torag perhaps that he is not happy with the state of his holy place...

Aveni slumps on the bench happy for a seat as Gwern looks at the passage leading further on, muttering once more about "cripples slowing us down". Aveni however looks despondent, her eyes filling with tears as she looks at the shadowed fallen Temple. "This is what the surface will be like as well. All that is good despoiled, and all those who are noble slain and descecrated."

Beside Tali and Fion the blind Arivishnial whispers to them, "If Aveni is the scout I am thinking of her wife, Irabeth, is a paladin amongst the Eagle Watch. Likely slain by now." The elf sounding honestly sad by this paladin's passing.

Any skill checks to make NPCs happy or interpret divine will can be made?

Or you can kick open the door into the main Temple

Luke GG
2014-04-08, 05:02 PM
Flash stands on what he can (soap box style), and striking a suitable pose of authority.

"What ever is broken can be fixed. The light can not be darkened forever, it can only be dimed. These times will only be make worse by wallowing in self pity and not acting for the good. If we hold true to this, in time, the light will return. We can start by doing what we can to restore this temple. "

Diplomacy [roll0]

Flash then looks to his god (/voices in his head) for how this could be done.

Religion[roll1]

If no answer comes he ask if someone can create or have some holy water to go into the trough or at least some clean water.

ShineyDuck
2014-04-08, 06:21 PM
Fion taking a deep breath before addressing Gwern, not used to having to make these kinds of rebukes, especially to figures of authority, though her years of misspent youth and street up bringing has given her no particular fondness of the upper class, but she has no intention of alienating anyone if she can help it. Whispering to the lord, trying not to be overheard, but not being so cloak and dagger it looks suspicious.

My lord... I am, as i have said before, a sworn servant of Sarenrae and whilst i can appreciate your own plight and understand your need for urgency the 'crippled' who as you see as slowing you down are in my care and i will not leave them behind for any reason. If you feel we are slowing you down, feel free to make your way to the surface ahead of us. But i can only see this as folly as we are far stronger standing together against these threats. No offence intended on my part my lord. And I for one would appreciate you trying to be a little more optimistic on behalf of those in our number who were less fortunate from the cave in than you were and showing a little of the strength that made you the well respected leader of men you are. You have the chance to be a hero here in this hour of crisis.

Fionnuala smiles in her friendly way, trying to encourage the better side of his nature lurking behind all that selfishness to come forth and help rather than throw negativity on everything.

Diplomacy cheak
[roll0]

ShineyDuck
2014-04-08, 06:28 PM
Walking to the trough, without the ability to do any more, her divine powers all but spent, but hoping this small gesture might grant a small smile their way from the gods casts a cantrip over the sludge channelling purity into it, at least replacing it with clean water even if she cant sanctify it.

Casting purify food and drink cast on the sludge in the trough
(not sure if that will work, but my attempts may show a good enough intention and appease the angered deity a little)

Mark_L
2014-04-09, 03:00 AM
Looking at the seated Aveni and the religious types messing around.

"We need to keep moving, if we seek to right every desecration we'll never make our way out of the city. Make your apologies to those you serve and let's press on"

stack
2014-04-09, 11:09 AM
Ogier ignores the chatter and contemplates the temple.[roll0]

Starbin
2014-04-10, 01:14 PM
With the strange mouthy thing gone and the others all engaged in discussions, Hotep watched the hurt knight proceed to study the door. He seemed to be the only one still focused on the situation, so the barbarian stomped over to study the door along with him. He nodded in appreciation ... it was a fine set of doors. But he didn't really know anything about this place.

Hopefully someone would point out something that either needed to be hit or pushed, then Hotep could be useful again.

DrK
2014-04-10, 02:30 PM
With the hint of holy energy the black Sludge turns clear once more but still the angry god remains in the more holy members of the party's mind. The doors are solid yet seem open should anyone want to venture in...

Starbin
2014-04-10, 03:59 PM
With little else to do, Hotep reached over and pushed on the doors to the temple, wondering if they were even unlocked.
Who says we need to move with a purpose? Sometimes, we can just move! :smallbiggrin:

DrK
2014-04-10, 04:11 PM
The doors swing open and a great wave of must and rot wash over you. The inside of the Temple is dark, foetid and dank. Stone benches, some cracked and broken line the temple facing a pulpit shaped like a great stone hammer, a great riven crack in one wing of it. The rooms is lit by a pair of guttering purple lanterns and a trio of bowed figures are knelt at the front. Hammers by their sides and long matted beards falling from their faces to the feet.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130318223544/kingofkatanova/images/c/c4/Skeleton_Dwarf.jpg

The central one wearing a more priestly robe with a shattered holy symbol grins at Hotep with a chilling smile as blue sparks of unlife bloom in its eyes. "Pray, on your kneels.." it mutters, hammers being clasped in hands...

Undead dwarf cleric an its mates [roll0]
Party average [roll1]

Its a church hall that is 40ft long and 20ft wide - they are 30ft away near the fornt of the temple

Luke GG
2014-04-10, 04:53 PM
Flash looking over his shoulder sees the undead cleric.

"I understand. DESTROY the undead, abomination!!!"

Flash will charge if can (30ft move).

Going for the cleric
[roll0]
Damage [roll1] +2 smite as he is undead.

ShineyDuck
2014-04-10, 06:12 PM
Lifting her head up first, before taking her hand out of the now clean water staring at the undead with an expression of disgust. Drawing her mace and focusing her determination, she moves closer, backing up the paladin standing next to him, blocking the skeleton with her shield.

stack
2014-04-10, 08:53 PM
Ogier looks to the obnoxious noble, "Sir, please guard the wounded, we'll deal with this." He then ducts in the door and looses an arrow at the dead priest.move just through the door and to the left, standard to attack
att [roll0]
damage [roll1]

know religion to identify type of undead [roll2]

Mark_L
2014-04-11, 12:52 AM
Maxwell nudges Hotep,

"I'll go left you go right"

Before charging sword swinging

Attack [roll0] and [roll1]

Starbin
2014-04-11, 03:11 PM
Hearing the call to charge, Hotep rushed forward, spear at the ready. As asked for, he went for the thing on the right.

Charge and poke, w/Power Attack!
[roll0], [roll1]

Status
HPs: 21/21; AC: 14; F +5 R +2 W +2; Rage: 6/7

RCgothic
2014-04-11, 03:45 PM
"There's still hope for her," I tell Aveni and Arivishnial, "When it became clear te city would fall they'd have called a retreat. With luck Irabeth would be among the survivors. Let's just worry about getting ourselves out of here for now."

When the doors open, I waste little time in doing my best to cover the nearest skeleton in acid.

Diplomancing! Cheer everyone up. :smallsmile: [roll0]

Acid Splash:
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

DrK
2014-04-12, 03:32 PM
Even as Tali speaks quietly Aveni, her quiet words cheering up the sad looking scout and quieting down the grumpy noble. A muted "You do well Countessa, your words are most comforting." from Arivishnial beside her. Any further comment from the elf is muted y the boom of the doors and sudden charging and the sound of steel on steel and bone.

Hotep and Maxwell move in step as between the heavy spear and massive blade they smash the accompanying skeleton warriors. The brutal blows enough to shatter them despite the lack of bludgeoning weapons. Flash charges in straight at the strange fallen and long dead fallen cleric. Flash's smiting blade and an acid splash burning through it. With Fionnula's assistance as well the cleric and paladin muscle in surrounding the strange creature.

The undead monster snarls at the divine warriors as its broken holy symbol pulses with dark energy and a wave of negative energy descends upon the party filling the Temple...

Em... so the 2 skeletons are crushed by the barbarian and the fighter
THe fallen cleric channel's energy [roll0] for everyone apart from Tali.
Will DC 13 for half

Mark_L
2014-04-12, 04:08 PM
Maxwell grimaces as the wave of energy sweep over him. He steps forward and holds his sword aloft....

Step to offer a flank for hotep, prepare to slap the skeleton should it try move spell casting malarkey.

Will save [roll0]
Attack (assuming flank, p attack) [roll1] and [roll2]

Edit: at least I've offered a flank. Cack rolls!

ShineyDuck
2014-04-12, 04:27 PM
Fion having expected this response from a fallen cleric had prepared herself mentally for the initial wave of dark energy, and was ready to counter it by channelling her own energy to heal her allies from the negative energy that hit them all.

In Sarenrae's name, your evil magic will be purged from this holy place!

Will Save
[roll0]

Channel Energy
[roll1]

Luke GG
2014-04-12, 04:44 PM
Flash is wide eyed at the negative force.

Will save [roll0]

This is why +2 is always useful :)

"You are the reason I am here..."

Attack [roll]1d20+3
Damage [roll1]

Luke GG
2014-04-12, 04:45 PM
Attack sorry forgot the last bit [roll0] Well that was useful...

Starbin
2014-04-12, 11:31 PM
With the two skeletons both down, Hotep turned towards the remaining foe, only to feel a wave of foulness wash over him, chilling him to the core. With a grunt, he stepped to the side to flank with Maxwell.

Step and stab, w/Power Attack!
[roll0], [roll1]

Status
HPs: 17/21; AC: 16; F +5 R +2 W +2; Rage: 6/7

stack
2014-04-13, 01:22 PM
Ogier fights through the pain and looses two more arrows. rapid shot inside 30',
att [roll0]
damage [roll1]

att [roll2]
damage [roll3]

DrK
2014-04-14, 01:52 PM
As the wave of dark energy washes over the party the young cleric rises to her feet the dark energy flowing around her as she releases her own pulse of glowing yellow healing power that washes away the wounds and freezing feeling the heucuva had unleashed.

Maxwell and Flash both hack at the beast but it parries with its stone like bones and steps aside from Flashe's blow as his blade sends up chips of the stone from the pews. Hotep is less bothered as his spear is rammed into the beast in a shower of bone chips and rusted armour fragments. Soon joined an arrow that sadly thuds into the armour without leaving a wound.

The creature snarls and lashes out with the heavy broken hammer, the heavy head smashing towards Flash's face as the holy symbol around his neck seems to incense the godless creature!

Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
-- if hit DC 12 Fort save of catch a nasty disease

Mark_L
2014-04-14, 02:32 PM
Maxwell continues to hack at the skeleton with huge overhand swings, legs planted wide "Go down damn you!"

Attack (flank, p attack) [roll0] and [roll]2d6+9[1/roll]

ShineyDuck
2014-04-14, 03:01 PM
Fionnuala with a calm passive deminour hammers her mace in a backhand at the undead cleric's head trying to smash it apart as best she can keeping her shield raised as she does in case of a counter attack.

[roll0]

If hits damage
[roll1]

RCgothic
2014-04-14, 03:07 PM
I hesitate a little, unwilling to risk hitting my allies. Then as an opening presents I hastily complete the spell before anyone else gets caught in the line of fire.

Ranged Touch Attack:[roll0]

DrK
2014-04-14, 03:19 PM
Between the ray of acid scoring a line across the beast and the massive plank of steel wielded by Maxwell shattering its skull the beast is destroyed! All across the temple the flickering lights are extinguished as a great blast of air is expelled from the creature's collapsing corpse and the temple shudders as a massive boom like a hammer on stone resounds around the chamber....

Starbin
2014-04-14, 03:26 PM
Hotep blinked rapidly as the air washed over them, holding his spear defensively as he desperately tried to pierce the darkness.
"Who made that loud noise?
What happened to all the lights?
Are we all dead now?"

Luke GG
2014-04-14, 03:54 PM
"Oh ummm anyone got a light source?"

ShineyDuck
2014-04-14, 03:56 PM
Gazing around with her darkvision wary of more undead threats that might be lurking keeping her weapons ready for anything.

Perception check

[roll]1d20+5[roll]

ShineyDuck
2014-04-14, 03:58 PM
Perception cheak 2nd try

[roll0]

RCgothic
2014-04-14, 03:58 PM
I feel a rising tide of elation as my shot scores the creature, even if I have to admit that Maxwell's blow told far more heavily.

At the request for a light I merely point mutely to the still brightly glowing dancing lights that people have seemingly already started taking for granted.

Mark_L
2014-04-14, 04:06 PM
Maxwell gives the paladin a slightly bemused look before turning the skeleton over with his boot and inspecting the corpse for loot.

I hadn't forgotten ;-)

DrK
2014-04-14, 04:24 PM
The dancing lights slowly illuminate the insides of the temple and in the flickering lights the tough fighter kicks over the dead undead body. Sadly there isn't very much there. As the negative energy fades out of the body the armour begins to decay into a rusted mass and the hammer appears rusted and broken. The same is true of those on the other two skeletons as well.

1x broken MW chainmail
1 x broken MW hammer, 1 x broken MW battle axe

At the back Aveni smiles at the undead's death and Arivshnial smiles as he can hear the lack of combat now. Only Gwern seems unimpressed. "Are we done here. Who knows what happens on the surface above."

stack
2014-04-15, 11:17 AM
Ogier tries to salvage what he can of the arrows that did so little. "Hammer fall, Torag, sounds like approval right?" He goes outside to see if anything moved to make that sound.

Luke GG
2014-04-15, 01:12 PM
Mutter under his breath. "I hate the undead. (looking at Maxwell) They hold nothing but decay and rust. before you pick anything up in this place, run it passed myself, as the item might be evil in nature."

"We should move on, but if we can we should aid this noble temple. My Thanks Lady for cleaning the well. I am sure it helped."

Every so often Flash will cast detect evil. To ensure all temple is cleared out as we move through.

ShineyDuck
2014-04-15, 02:04 PM
Fionnuala looking to the others after their skirmish with the undead looking pleased these ones have been dealt with, but looking somewhat upset at their presence here in this temple in the first place.

Sarenrae being very much an anti-undead deity im taking for granted with know religion +5 i know the basics without a roll.

If we meet more skeletons, its best to smash them. Swords and arrows will prove very slow in putting them down. Would one of you gentlemen care to borrow my mace? Its nothing fancy but will be a lot more effective than blades and i'm sure it will be better used in your hands than mine.

And she holds out her rather battered yet serviceable mace for anyone who might want to take it.

DrK
2014-04-15, 02:23 PM
The temple seems calmer now, and as Flash sweeps his gaze around he cannot pick up the taint of evil anywhere else in the temple now merrily lit by the glowing lights of Tali. Aveni looks at the others as she pulls out some trail rations from her backpack - "Would anyone like some food. We do not know how long it will before we can find somewhere safe to rest?"

Arivshnial nods as well, a hand slowly feeling along the wall to find a pew before he settles down. "Would you mind if we rested. It is tiring for me as well. Can you tell me what the chapel looks like?"

Luke GG
2014-04-15, 02:59 PM
And she holds out her rather battered yet serviceable mace for anyone who might want to take it.

"Thanks but my sword will put what ever comes to right (Smiles)"

"I am sure a small rest, will not harm us."

stack
2014-04-16, 11:29 AM
Ogier hides his obvious pain. "We need to press on. We don't know how far we are from the surface and are ill prepared to camp, not mentioning the war above our heads."

Luke GG
2014-04-16, 01:00 PM
Ogier hides his obvious pain. "We need to press on. We don't know how far we are from the surface and are ill prepared to camp, not mentioning the war above our heads."

"I am sure we can spare a few moments to rest before we press on. I detect no hint of evil in the imminent surroundings"

Mark_L
2014-04-16, 02:00 PM
Maxwell examines the rusty weapons..

"It was good stuff this, once upon a time. A little love and it'll be good again."

As the party appears to settle down. "We need to stay together, and rest from time to time, but we've been traveling for less than a mile. We must push on."

Maxwell readies to go and begins to walk off.

RCgothic
2014-04-16, 02:28 PM
I nod in agreement with the ones who want to push on. We've barely started, there is yet a long way to go today. I do make sure to offer aid to both Aveni and Arivshnial, describing everything we come across in detail. After hearing that Flash is using detect evil, I make sure to keep detect magic up permanently as well as the dancing lights, closely scrutinising the surroundings.

DrK
2014-04-16, 03:01 PM
Leaving the now deserted temple of Torag behind the party head back into the tunnels passing between the well worn statues of the stone guards. THe tunnel here seems almost crafted as it stays a constant 20ft in diameter as it winds around slowly in the inky blackness. The constant glowing orbs of light a constant companion for the party.

After some 40 minutes of slow moving with Aveni limping and Arivshnial shuffling the tunnel opens up into a small cavern some 200ft long by 100 ft wide. In the lights you can see great stone figures carved into the walls, each depicting a different crusader clad in armour wielding weapons but with looks of sadness upon their faces.

As you enter the cavern with the dozen 10ft high stone statues you can see a tiny flicker of light at the far end of the cavern coming from around the corner at the far end of the cavern.

Luke GG
2014-04-16, 03:39 PM
"I see some light I will go ahead and scout it out."

Flash will ensure detect evil is running so that "things" can not get the drop on him again.

ShineyDuck
2014-04-16, 04:20 PM
As Flash offers to scout ahead and the group pauses for a moment Fionnuala will take the chance to give everyone a look over to assess their general state of health and injuries, obviously interrupting this should anything dangerous happen.

Taking 10 gives me a 17. Could i get everyone's HP out of MaxHP please so i know where and who i need to keep an eye on, including NPCs (though pretty sure they arent wounded just "plot" wounded) in the OOC chat?

Starbin
2014-04-16, 07:11 PM
If we meet more skeletons, its best to smash them. Swords and arrows will prove very slow in putting them down. Would one of you gentlemen care to borrow my mace? Its nothing fancy but will be a lot more effective than blades and i'm sure it will be better used in your hands than mine.

Hotep glanced back at the skeletons that had lasted mere seconds agains the warrior's onslaught, then back to the mace. He waved it away, figuring his weapons had served him well thus far ... and someone else might need the mace more than he did. He glanced back at Arivshnial, who seemed to require a rest, frowning as the others ignored the request for a pause, as well as the description of the temple. He figured being blind must be a horrible feeling, especially relying on unresponsive people.

He walked over and tried to share what he had seen. "It is a large room.
Broken benches ... cracked altar
Oh, and dead bodies."

When the group moved out, he wandered over to gather the items and place them in his pack, uncertain if they should lay them to rest or get them fixed. Following the group, he hummed tunelessly to himself, wondering what the light ahead was ...

PS - I think Mend can actually fix some of the stuff ... just a thought.

Mark_L
2014-04-17, 01:43 AM
Maxwell looks on with amusement as flash scouts, nudging Ogier..

"Whoever heard of a Knight of Iomedae doing the scouting eh? I'll wager first trap we come across he's in it. Gold piece on it?"

I don't think Maxwell has realized Ogier is also a paladin of iomedae...

Status wise Maxwell is 10/12 hp.

RCgothic
2014-04-17, 01:47 AM
Tali is currently HP 7/7 with all her daily expendables ready and unused. She's at 100%.

stack
2014-04-17, 11:25 AM
HP 6/11 Ogier follows a few paces behind, covers his fellow paladin. "Iomedeans have as much need to see what is ahead as any. How else do they know where to charge, eh?"

DrK
2014-04-17, 03:54 PM
Striding through the cavern with the statues watching you the brash paladin (Flash) reaches the corner and looks into the next cavern, again some 100ft around with another tunnel leading off it. Beside a fallen statue of one of these ancient crusaders is a small fire crackling and burning away and hunched over that is a grubby looking dwarf At his feet appears to be a corpse of some sort that dwarf seems to be dissecting avidly as he murmurs himself to in dwarven.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PZb4VvZu44Y/Unf1XMp-09I/AAAAAAAAJ6g/OjKTLfHMZqE/s1600/Wor+Millorn.jpg

Luke GG
2014-04-17, 04:42 PM
Calling back to the group

We might have another survivor, or sorts....

Slowly walk towards the Dwarf, drawing sword and shield (hoping the others will catch up).

Cast Detect evil and concentrate, as I get closer.

Sorry I do not know dwarfish, or Dwarfish burial rites but I think you better stop and explain what you are up too.

ShineyDuck
2014-04-17, 05:42 PM
Fionnuala gives a slightly concerned face to Ogier as she inspects him.

You are still rather injured arent you? My powers are getting a little stretched, but im not happy with you being quite so wounded incase another ambush might happen and you feel the brunt. Ill still have enough to get us through a few more scrapes...

And with a friendly smile to the Paladin she closes her eyes focusing for a moment as another brief flash of sunlight fills the chamber emanating from the cleric.

Channel Energy
[roll0]

stack
2014-04-17, 09:04 PM
Ogier gives a small bow. "My thanks." He keeps his distance from the dwarf, ready but trying not to look threatening (as nonthreatening as an armored man with a bow and notched arrow can look, anyhow). "We are servants of the crusade, cast down here from the battle above. I am Ogier, may we have your name?"[roll0]

Mark_L
2014-04-18, 12:57 AM
Maxwell leaves the others to talk, crouching down on his haunches and inspecting the corpse whilst keeping the dwarf in his eyeline.

DrK
2014-04-18, 03:49 PM
THe dwarf rises and steps a few feet away from the corpse. His eyes are bleary and a selection of strange bits of skins and hair dangle from his odd assortment of straps and bandoliers. To Flash's divine senses the dwarf glows a dark red of evil. "THis my cave. You find your own" the sullen dwarf's response.

Maxwell leaning down over the corpse see's its a humanoid of some kind, though one with ragged scaly skin and a third eye on its hideous ugly face The look of pain on its face suggests that the skinning and dissection did not wait for the humanoid to die...

Luke GG
2014-04-18, 04:55 PM
Your actions tar your very soul Dwarf, what have you done?! Either way you must come with us for your own good. I have not seen you commit a crime and as such will not judge you, but a healer will look at your "friend" and see if there has been any possible wrong doings. Then can be reviewed when we hit civilisation

Flash will turn to who ever is nearest
We will need to tie this one up and take his weapons for are own good (whispered)

Mark_L
2014-04-20, 02:10 AM
Maxwell turns to flash. "Transporting a prisoner down here is madness. Dispense your justice or stay your blade, but I will not assist you in this folly."

RCgothic
2014-04-20, 02:51 AM
Tali

I keep well back with Arivshnial and Aveni, but nod along with Maxwell's assessment. We already have enough people to shepherd, let alone an adversarial prisoner, even if it's not ideal.

Luke GG
2014-04-20, 05:10 AM
Maxwell turns to flash. "Transporting a prisoner down here is madness. Dispense your justice or stay your blade, but I will not assist you in this folly."

I have nothing to judge Maxwell. He is a survivor and as such needs are help. I will take him myself.

To the Dwarf.
Move away from the body and drop all your weapons, we will take you some where safer. Where you can start a new life, a cleaner way of life. Every soul can be put back on the path and it will be easier under a better environment.

[roll0]

ShineyDuck
2014-04-20, 06:17 AM
Fionnuala looks a little warily at their new companion, but offers him a slightly hesitant but friendly smile.

RCgothic
2014-04-20, 07:45 AM
Tali

Clearly my opinion needed to be stated more plainly."Flash, we can't afford to babysit a prisoner, and even if you do it yourself you'll be distracted when we need you on guard. Either dispense your justice or let him be."

Luke GG
2014-04-20, 09:15 AM
Tali

Clearly my opinion needed to be stated more plainly."Flash, we can't afford to babysit a prisoner, and even if you do it yourself you'll be distracted when we need you on guard. Either dispense your justice or let him be."

He can not be left, and I have no grounds to judge him. He will not slow us down or distract me for my protection of you all. I have a change to true change some one's life for the better. You would not be saying this if he was more morally aware. If he is restricted correctly if will be not bother at all. Trust me, I am a paladin. Smiles at Tali.

RCgothic
2014-04-20, 09:30 AM
Tali

I look at the dwarf. I look back to Flash. I meet his smile with a flat nonplussed stare. "I don't trust him unrestrained. And enforcing that will distract you. Attempting to bring him along would be a mistake."

ShineyDuck
2014-04-20, 09:47 AM
With everyone discussing what to do about their new dubious companion, Fionnuala kneels next to the corpse the dwarf was "happily dissecting" to try to ascertain the cause of death and extent of its wounds to see if some more solid evidence can be brought to the table

Heal Check to analyse the body, after casting guidance on myself for divine intuition
[roll0]

Luke GG
2014-04-20, 11:45 AM
Tali

I look at the dwarf. I look back to Flash. I meet his smile with a flat nonplussed stare. "I don't trust him unrestrained. And enforcing that will distract you. Attempting to bring him along would be a mistake."

If the binds are good enough it need not distract.

Flash is making sure that he only briefly turns to talk and is watching the Dwarf. How is the Dwarf and I hope he has stopped. If not I will reinforce the stop cutting the dead man.

DrK
2014-04-20, 03:45 PM
Fion kneeling beside Maxwell can see that this strange humanoid seems to be relatively abnormal but possibly human in original origin. The wounds, many of them scientific dissesction in nature were clearly done while the creature still lived. A painful way to expire for sure.

The dwarf looks up at Flash, a hate filed expression on its face. "I live here strangers. This is my cave, I have my great work, my catalogue. Move on, move on now or I will make you."

He clearly does not want to go with you.

Luke GG
2014-04-20, 05:38 PM
What is this catalogue?? Do you flay people and display there flesh???.

Flash puts a tighter grip on this sword really if the worst is realised ....

ShineyDuck
2014-04-20, 07:07 PM
Fionnuala stands up with a determined look in her eye.

There has been foul work and torture done here... these victims were dissected alive. His threats show his true colours. Stand very, very still dwarf!

And Fion raises her shield, holding her mace ready to engage the dwarf if he makes any aggressive moves to the party

Mark_L
2014-04-21, 02:34 AM
Maxwell stands impassive watching the farce unfold for a moment before saying quietly to Tali "This will end in bloodshed, let's get the non combatants to safety." Indicating the NPCs. With that Maxwell quietly shepherds the NPC group and Tali away up the passageway, with a last imploring look back to Ogier.

DrK
2014-04-21, 02:39 PM
THe dwarf sneers at the cleric and points a finger menacingly at Flash. "You don't know these under people. I do. I have done for 8 years. Now one more time "travellors". be gone from my cave. That way leads to the surface." His last words a little more hesitant as he eyes the number of the party, although he does nod imperctibly to Maxwell as he begins to leave the area.

THe dwarf won't start the fight....

Luke GG
2014-04-21, 03:02 PM
THe dwarf sneers at the cleric and points a finger menacingly at Flash. "You don't know these under people. I do. I have done for 8 years. Now one more time "travellors". be gone from my cave. That way leads to the surface." His last words a little more hesitant as he eyes the number of the party, although he does nod imperctibly to Maxwell as he begins to leave the area.

THe dwarf won't start the fight....

We can lead you to be a better life. You say I do not know what you have gone through and you are right but I can put that to amends by setting you on the path to a better one. Understand I wish to help and free you for your chains.

Also where is your cave?

[roll0]

Come on you fat git, get on the train or be pulled on. I know the dice are not in it but you could just comply.

If the Dwarf blanks us, follow the below.
Understand I can not leave you here. What you are doing is wrong, and I am sure I do not know the half of it.

Starbin
2014-04-21, 03:27 PM
Hotep glanced back and forth between the members of the group and the dwarf. He wasn't sure how to proceed. On one hand the dwarf said this was his home, and they shouldn't tell him what to do in his own house, right? On the other hand, he seemed foul AND dirty, and the Fionnula said he was doing bad things to the body. Of course, the dwarf said they deserved it ... but did anyone really deserve that?

What to do, when it seemed the rules of their world did not apply here ... and the rules of this world were foreign to them. Did the law required you to abide by the laws of others in their lands, even if those rules seemed bad? Or did goodness say you must punish the wicked, regardless?

What would Ash do?

"The dwarf says 'His home.'
You two say, surrender now.
Hotep says no more!"

Swapping his spear for a giant blade, the large barbarian stomped forward and glared at the dwarf. Glancing down at the body, he pushed the dwarf back with a growl, wagging his finger in warning. With that caution given, he reached down to pick up the body and stomp off towards the surface.

Oh yes he did ...

RCgothic
2014-04-21, 03:35 PM
"Flash, he doesn't want to fight us. Consider our position: We have limited resources, we can't afford to waste them on needless fights. Consider those in your charge and how you can best protect them. Would prosecuting every criminal we come across below a fallen city help you save them?"

Tali brings the full force of her personality to bear. Diplomacy: [roll0]

Luke GG
2014-04-21, 03:42 PM
Come now or be forced. I can not let your evil actions continue. I offer what I can.

At Tali
How can we change the course for good it we lie idle when we see evil?

DrK
2014-04-21, 04:35 PM
The dwarf spits once at Flash and then swears as the shaggy northman pushes him. Immediately fell energy begins to build up as he summons dark magic to aid him!

Let battle commence

Rolled dice to avoid long coding on tablet
Tali, Ogier
Then Evil Dwarf
Then rest of party

Mark_L
2014-04-22, 12:19 AM
Maxwell makes sure the NPCs are clear, but otherwise does not move to help.

Taking no further part unless he has to or the battle comes to him, but remaining ready (delay)

RCgothic
2014-04-22, 05:32 AM
Familiar with the intricacies of magic, I immediately summon forth a ball of acid and hold it ready to disrupt the dwarf's own casting at the worst possible moment. "Uh-uh!" I warn him. Whilst I totally object to Flash's interference, holding back at this juncture is just going to risk greater injury to the party.

Readied action against Dwarf casting a spell.

Acid Splash

stack
2014-04-22, 11:27 AM
Ogier spends the time in argument looking around for some sign of the dwarf's history or intent, keeping his own council, unsure of what to do. The dark magic made the effort unnecessary, though. Two arrows leap toward the dirty vivisectionist. perception [roll0]

rapid shot [roll1]
[roll2] (presuming inside 30', else -1/-1 to rolls)

rapid shot [roll3]
[roll4]

DrK
2014-04-22, 03:13 PM
The dwarf mumbles a spell before sneering at Flash and swearing an unpleasant "Run back to your own kind" to Flash, the enchantment ensaring Flash as he feels a near uncontrollable urge to pounce upon Fionnula filed with a strange unnatural lust.

Even as he finishes his spell, an arrow clipping him and the acid ball searing him slightly he draws forth a large crude metal spiked club.

Casts Unnutural Lust (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/u/unnatural-lust) targeting Flash (and designating Fionulla as the target of his lust)
Will DC 15 negates

Luke GG
2014-04-22, 03:25 PM
In Flashes head

Barry White starts up as his eyes meet Fionnula's. She smiles and beckons Flash for some gooood loven ....

Action

Flash puts away his sword and slowly strolls over to Fionnula.

I saw you watch me ... You like it when I smite evil yeah, Yeah. Flash takes hand...

ShineyDuck
2014-04-22, 05:57 PM
Fionnuala looks somewhat surprised and shocked at Flash's sudden advances, though rightly assuming it is probably a spell of some sort, hoping it isnt permanent. That or Flash truly does have THE worst timing in the world. Growing up street smart and used to dealing with drunken advances from her youth spent around the inns and taverns of Absalom she isn't as thrown as she might have been, though his hands and lips are making her efforts to be of use in the opening to this fight difficult.

Flash... Im very flattered, but now really isn't the time. Gods stop that! Hands...No! Seriously behave!

She will try and push Flash away as nicely as she can with her hands full of weaponary, though as the Dwarf raises his club she wont be so gentle, using her shield to try to get rid of him more and keep his grabbing hands at arms length as she tries her best to put herself between the Dwarf and the less combat able members of the party

stack
2014-04-22, 09:02 PM
Idiot. Must be magic, even he isn't this obnoxious. "Hit the dwarf, worry about the idiot later." Two more arrows spring from Ogier's bow as he takes a step closer.

rapid shot [roll0]
[roll1] (presuming inside 30', else -1/-1 to rolls)

rapid shot [roll2]
[roll3]

Starbin
2014-04-22, 10:21 PM
Hotep blinked as the dwarf did something and started to attack. With a grunt, he stepped to the side and swung the giant blade he was holding, aiming for the dwarf's head. The stumpy bastich should have just let them go ...

Step to the side to enable some flanking, then attack!
[roll0], [roll1]
Status

DrK
2014-04-23, 02:35 PM
Even as Fion' is pawed and caressed by the amorous paladin the dwarf is struck down. Another arrow flying true and striking him square in the chest before with a brutal wet tearing thud the greatsword of Hotep rends into the dwarves head crushing it and sending the dwarf sprawling on the ground...

Potions (Cure light, invisibility)
Scroll (Shocking grasp, Resist Energy)
8pp
Cloak of Resistance +1
Spellbook written on what looks like skin and bound with hair

Starbin
2014-04-23, 02:43 PM
Hotep shook his head at the craziness of it all. Wiping his blade off on the dwarf's cloak, he murmured to the others,
"Shouldn't have attacked;
Just wanted him to be nice.
All this for a cave."

He ignored the 'loot' in favor of cleaning his blade and waiting for the others to keep moving.

RCgothic
2014-04-23, 03:22 PM
"Idiot," I mutter contemptuously, aimed both at Flash and the dwarf. At least no harm befell the party and this way we won't have to shepherd an unwanted prisoner.

Luke GG
2014-04-23, 03:37 PM
(cough) umm sorry for that Fionnuala (rubs the point of his boot into the ground)... I would not normally do that ... umm I mean you are pretty and all butt umm ... I have to see if evil remains in his book. It might be better to talk about this later.

Flash then walks over and whisper to the corpse last rights (or equivalent). And check the spell book with detect evil.

If the book is evil in any way I will destroy it.

Mark_L
2014-04-23, 03:53 PM
The silence is punctured by a slow clap from Maxwell.

"Let's move on."

stack
2014-04-23, 08:31 PM
Ogier inspects the body. "not normally one to disturb the dead, but given the situation I think we should take anything useful and be on our way. Hotel, for future reference, shoving someone is a poor way not to start a fight. Help me drag the bodies to a corner, we can pile a few stones on them at least, make a quick cairn."

RCgothic
2014-04-24, 02:26 AM
"I may be able to find a use for those scrolls. Fionnuala seems to be our medic, the potion of Cure Light Wounds should go to her. Max is our forward scout right now -" I smile consolingly at Aveni "- and should keep the potion of invisibility. We can draw lots for the cloak. Unless anyone strongly objects I believe the other items should be kept in trust by one of the stronger members as future collateral. Though I can't use that spellbook myself, the spells inside could be very valuable. If the binding offends you I believe it can be safely removed without much affecting the book's value, but the spells inside should be saved if possible. I can excise any that are blatantly evil, but most won't be."

Mark_L
2014-04-24, 03:00 AM
Maxwell adopts a confused look.."What gave the impression I'm a scout? Our amorous paladin appears to have taken that mantle upon himself."

RCgothic
2014-04-24, 03:11 AM
I grimace as I realise my mistake.

"Sorry, I mixed up your names. I meant Flash should have the invisibility potion."

ShineyDuck
2014-04-24, 05:50 AM
Somewhat flushed and a little flustered from Flash's pawing but still smiling Fionnuala takes the potion form the sorceress, avoiding eye contact with everyone as she straightens her armour.

That's ok Flash...

She replies whist looking at the ground rather embarrassedly. At the discussion of the "loot" and who should get what she pipes up quietly

I don't need the cloak and think it should go to someone likely to attract enemy spell-casting. Though the potion of invisibility is actually quite useful for me as i can heal and empower others whilst affected without it breaking the invisibility, just not attack.

stack
2014-04-24, 11:16 AM
Once the gear is divided, Ogier gestures down the tunnel. "I say we keep going and get out, unless we want to search for the dwarf's home...which may be wise. He could have other victims, or have been pointing us to a trap."

Starbin
2014-04-24, 01:52 PM
Hotep simply held his head down in shame at the archer's admonishment. He had tried to do what he thought Ash would do, but to have a paladin of Iomadae correct him made it obvious that he had chosen poorly. He watched the others pour over the items and divide them amongst the group. He did not care one way or another, since he didn't know what any of them did.

When Ogier spoke, he nodded eagerly and raised his hand, hoping to return to the man's good graces.
"Will help search his home.
Hotep has sharp eyes and ears.
It's brain that's not good."

As necessary, [roll0]

Luke GG
2014-04-24, 02:07 PM
Maxwell adopts a confused look.."What gave the impression I'm a scout? Our amorous paladin appears to have taken that mantle upon himself."

I fear not the dark or the unknown but the good lady (slight blush) has more need of it.

I agree Ogier we should see his home. But if it seems to be taking a lot of time then I saw we move on.

Perception [roll0]

DrK
2014-04-24, 04:54 PM
With Millorn dead the party can move one as they leave his body and that of his victim buried as best they can under a pile of rocks. Gwern looking at the dwarf's resting place with a sneer and a "Fool to have tried to fight us". Arivishnial far more interested in the description of the dwarf's victim and the stone statues. "Fascinating, I had theorised that the children of the first crusade had hidden in the caves but with these temples and statues it may seem I was right. Could I but see it.." At the last you can hear some of the anguish and fear in his voice that up to now he has hidden behind his cool and somewhat uptight manner.

The cave leads on up a steeply inclined tunnel, its walls lined with numerous hooks, handholds and iron pitons. Some fresh, others little more than rust held together by rock dust. With so many of you its easy to help Aveni and Arivishnial up the slope and soon you are back in another tunnel, this one smaller, maybe 10ft in diameter that snakes through the underworld.

As you creep along you suddenly feel another small quake as clearly the battle above is still raging but from ahead you hear a great crash and rumble of stone followed distinctly by some screaming. Around the next bend - some 50ft ahead - the tunnel opens up into a large cavern some seventy feet across. Cylindrical rock formations along the walls arch up to form a domed roof but recent cracks riddle and score the walls, floor and ceiling. At the centre of the cave a stone tower has collapsed in a great pile of rubble and you can see a handful of figures around it.

http://guildberkeley.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/lann.png?w=300

The two closet are hideous creatures, both with scraps of armour carrying spiky looking primitive weapons, the nearest (30ft away) a vile and hideous hunchbacked thing with a mass of tumours weeping puss covering her face and obviously forming the hump upon her back as well, her associate is tall and thing with a purple vest on. His face a strange mix of scale lizard folk, attractive elf topped with a demonic looking curved horn. They and their 3 friends appear to be searching the rubble, possibly for a trapped monster like themselves and have not yet noticed you, the glow form the dancing lights lost in the lights from these creatures' own lanterns.

Luke GG
2014-04-24, 05:14 PM
Flash tries to stay quite.

Cast Detect Evil

Mark_L
2014-04-25, 12:33 AM
Maxwell takes a quick glimpse of the party in the cavern and pulls back into cover drawing his sword. Watching flash performing his detectorise "What's the verdict?"

Flash tries to stay quite.

Cast Detect Evil

You do realize it's got a verbal component ^_^

stack
2014-04-25, 11:19 AM
Ogier keeps his weapon low, not wanting to appear threatening. We've already provoked unnecessary bloodshed, lets not do so again. Strange creatures down here...

He inches closer if not stopped, looking to take his own measure of them. detect evil also

Luke GG
2014-04-25, 02:59 PM
Maxwell takes a quick glimpse of the party in the cavern and pulls back into cover drawing his sword. Watching flash performing his detectorise "What's the verdict?"

There are some that are tainted..

Luke GG
2014-04-25, 03:14 PM
At Ogier
You should know I could not let his evil go on. I was willing to give him a better life.

We should say Hi to the locals and ask what they are looking for

ShineyDuck
2014-04-25, 06:06 PM
Fionnuala nods to Flash getting her shield ready for whoever intends to do the "greeting" ready to run in and assist as necessary, a little hesitant at the number of locals but knowing that if this needs doing, best done on our terms.

stack
2014-04-26, 12:41 PM
Left the others to it last time, see how that turned out. time to take the lead in this.

Got a bad feeling though. Should never go unarmed toward unknown creatures, especially evil ones.

Ogier stows his bow and gestures for the others to stay back as he approaches the strangers, hands spread to show they are empty. "Hello. Do you speak Taldan? You look to be in need of aid."[roll0]

RCgothic
2014-04-26, 01:14 PM
I describe the situation for Aravshnial, maintaining both my lights and detect magic spell.

"Remember what happened last time!" I warn the group. "If they're hostile or apathetic take no chances."

Luke GG
2014-04-26, 02:12 PM
Flash straps on his shield.

It does not seem to be going well. But he is a paladin. I am sure all will be well. (Flash then draws his sword) Just in case.

DrK
2014-04-26, 04:55 PM
As Ogier steps out and speaks the strange abhumans whirl about. Weapons picked up and readied - mostly crude spears or spiky morningstars. The leader replies in strangely classical Taldan We do not see surface dwellers in the deep tunnels. What do you want?

Behind him 2 of his people go back to digging and Ogier can see an arm protruding from the rubble where they are working.

Leave rapidly, we want no truck with you his voice is cool and gets cooler as he points back the way you came. His reptilian eye staring St the other paladin as Flash draws his sword.

Luke GG
2014-04-26, 05:19 PM
As Ogier steps out and speaks the strange abhumans whirl about. Weapons picked up and readied - mostly crude spears or spiky morningstars. The leader replies in strangely classical Taldan We do not see surface dwellers in the deep tunnels. What do you want?

Behind him 2 of his people go back to digging and Ogier can see an arm protruding from the rubble where they are working.

Leave rapidly, we want no truck with you his voice is cool and gets cooler as he points back the way you came. His reptilian eye staring St the other paladin as Flash draws his sword.

Flash seeing the glance will Smile and wave.

stack
2014-04-26, 09:30 PM
"Easy now," as much to his companions as to the beastmen. "Just passing through, bit of a tussle topside. Thought this was the way out, looked like you could use a hand. More hands, faster digging." He waves a hand behind him for the others to lower their weapons.

DrK
2014-04-27, 02:16 AM
The man pauses looking at you all suspiciously before nodding. the column, it fell upon Ceryl. I would not expect your kind to help. Why are you here and how did you get to the deep tunnels? You did not pass through Neathholm I would have heard of it. Are you allied with the other Topsiders? the last question seems tinged with fear...

Str checks and assist rolls to lift rocks
Diplomacy to be friendly
Other skills that you can justify...
Skill challenge!

Starbin
2014-04-27, 02:36 AM
Seeing that Ogier wanted to help these people, Hotep trudged over, his weapons sheathed, to lend his great strength to their efforts.

[roll0], with a 19 Str

EDIT: can we take 10 or 20 on this? Lord knows I shouldn't rely on rolling!

Mark_L
2014-04-27, 03:30 AM
Maxwell joins the group around the column, sheathing his sword.

"You're the first friendly faces we've seen down here. Let me see if I can help out."

Study the column to see if there is a way of shifting it

Knowledge engineering [roll0]

If it's a straight strength check ill coordinate an effort with the others..

Strength [roll1]

Edit: strength fail!

Luke GG
2014-04-27, 05:07 AM
Flash puts away the sword and shield and moves over to help.

[roll0]

How did you lot come to be here. I have not hear anything of this place.

After the response
Where do you find food in this place we are running short on supplies.

Light small walk to calm things down.
[roll1]

ShineyDuck
2014-04-27, 07:16 AM
Fionnuala walks over sheathing her mace and shield with a kind smile to the strangers.Hhoping to show no threat, as she moves straight to the arm to cheak on the buried figure to see if she can aid him at all.

Heal cheak

Im a cleric and a healer. If i can help your friend or any of you who are injured i will do all i can. We are a little unsure where we are and trying to get back to the surface, but that does not mean we cant spare some time to help others in need

Diplomacy Check
[roll[1d20+10

ShineyDuck
2014-04-27, 07:18 AM
shall try that one again

[roll0]

stack
2014-04-27, 12:32 PM
Ogier puts his shoulder into helping. "Not sure what you mean by other topsiders. We're from there but didn't know anyone lived down here at all. We fell through a hole in the ground, from a large battle."

DrK
2014-04-27, 03:39 PM
Before the others move in to start digging the Maxwell shouts a warning. His understanding of weights and lever invaluable as he calls off the lifting to shore up a weaker section that would have collapses on the unfortunate Cerl! After that its straightforward for the hulking men "inspired" by Flash to lift off some of the slabs and free the trapped man. Fionnula tending to his wounds as best she can.

Larn watches the effort appreciatively, "My thanks. We do not expect such treatment for topsiders. We have been shunned and isolated since the days of the first crusade. If you wish I can take you Neatholm, from there we know the routes back to the surface?" Hearing Ogier and Fionnula he stops, "What is happening in the world above? Is the city in trouble."

One of the ones helping Flash looks at the paladin as he lifts a great slab of rock. "Our ancestors were cursed by the denizens of the worldwound. They infected th children of the crusade with a warping of flesh and we were forced to leave the Crusade in disgrace. To hide our shame our forefathers retreated under the city and we have dwelled since there. As for food, we have supplies, Neatholm will share with those that have helped us"

Beyond the rest Gwern ooks at them, "Vile beasts. The mongrel folk are not to be trusted." Beside Tali Arivishnial squeezes her hand, "Children of the 1st crusade. It seems that the rumours were true. Would I could but see this village they speak of. They may even have some texts dating back before the 1st Crusade, some penned by the Golden Goddess herself!

You;ve made some friends!
Will you go with them to their village? Or try and find your own path?

Luke GG
2014-04-27, 04:46 PM
If you could show us the way back that would be helpful. It seems as if the demons are waging war on the surface. I would happily take you as part of a force to retake the surface, if you wish. We will need all, if we are to drive back the darkness. Once we have done this, I own some lands if you want to move and I make that offer even if you do not wish to come with us, but you will have to keep to the law of the land or pay its prices (eying the evil in the group).

stack
2014-04-28, 11:24 AM
"The demons have inflicted their evil on many. The victims should not have been forced to suffer, nor their children. I am sorry this injustice was inflicted on you. We would be grateful for any assistance you are wiling to give."

He turns back to whisper to Gwern, "Their ancestors where crusaders, cursed by demons. We have all suffered at their hands. Perhaps we can extend them the benefit of the doubt? For now? Besides, if they can lead us to the surface it will be faster than groping through the dark on our own."

dip to the mongrelfolk [roll0]

dip to Gwern[roll1]

Mark_L
2014-04-29, 04:48 PM
Maxwell seems largely content to let the paladins do the talking.

"The city is likely being torn down as we speak, if you can help us return to the surface it would be very helpful. You should not have been treated like this, but I can understand part of it. Flash has the right of it, lands away from the world wound and it's prejudices will suit best."

ShineyDuck
2014-04-29, 06:02 PM
Fionualla smiling at the conversation, feeling a little out of her depth but trying to be as friendly as she can in her attitude to these stranges. And like Maxwell, is happy to allow the paladin's to decide the best course of action, and as long as no one is being unnecessarily cruel in the outcome (which seems unlikely given the group she has found herself thrown into) she will remain this way.

RCgothic
2014-04-30, 02:53 AM
I nod my assent, not willing to further overburden our new allies with a deluge of words.

DrK
2014-04-30, 03:52 PM
Inviting you onwards Larn and the other mongrelfolk are quick to invite you to join them as an escort back to Neathold, particularly when their colleague is pulled free and tended carefully by the young cleric. THey are a quiet people, not really speaking much as they lead through the dark twisty tunnels of the Kenaberes undercity. Whilst Gwern ignores then and Aveni vainly limps along at the back of the party trying to keep up, Arivshnial bombarding Larn with questions about their culture, how many generations have been living underground, if the mutations are passed down through.

One of them looking at Flash and shaking his shaggy bestial head, "No. We will have no part of your war. Your kind shun and revile us. If we do not go above the surface the creatures above will not come for us." Even as Flash is speaking there is a shout from ahead, as one of the mongrelfolk speaks in rapid pidgin Taldan. Larn turns around to the others - "A chasm ahead. All of the tremors have dropped the bridge."

He points ahead, dancing lights showing up the rift in the tunnel floor ahead. A massive tear dropping 40ft straight down and about 10ft across....

Yup, just a rift. No monsters. Yet....

Luke GG
2014-04-30, 03:59 PM
Do you have any rope on you. (directed at the villagers).

Maxwell do you think you can climb that?

Mark_L
2014-04-30, 04:19 PM
"I suspect no better than yourself." as Maxwell surveys the scene for anything that might help out.

Looking around for materials that might help build a makeshift bridge
Knowledge (engineering) [roll0]
In terms of getting someone across, 10ft is quite jump-able for anyone with a rank!

Starbin
2014-04-30, 06:05 PM
The shaggy barbarian trudged along behind the group, following the dancing lights as they wove in and out of the party. He hummed to himself, happy they did not have to kill the disfigured people ... he would have felt bad. When they reached the gap, he waited patiently for a moment as the others asked for rope. He frowned for a long moment, then walked over to Ogier and tapped him on the shoulder.

"We need some rope, yes?
What about this stuff we used?
Will this be enough?" He held out the makeshift rope they had made to get down into the cavern, wrapped up in his pack.

stack
2014-04-30, 09:38 PM
"Excellent thinking, Hotep." Never thought I'd say that. Ogier grabs one end the the makeshift rope and ties it to his belt. "I'll jump across, then you anchor this end to get the rest over before you tie yourself and jump with us holding it."if I can take ten, result is 13, clearing the 10'. If not, he will shed his armor and jump anyway [roll0]
reflex if failing by 4 or less [roll1] vs dc 20

DrK
2014-05-01, 03:55 PM
Grabbing the rope the young paladin races towards the gap before skidding a to a halt moments before hurling herself across the gap... Larn looks at her with a wry grin on his half reptilian and half elven face. "Not so easy eh? We can try and find another way but it will take time and may lead us into more dangerous tunnels."

Anyone else make a leap of faith?

Luke GG
2014-05-01, 04:32 PM
I am not to found of heights. I might give this one a miss.

Mark_L
2014-05-02, 12:32 AM
As Ogier skids to a halt next to him

"You'll probably make it if you have a couple of attempts. It's trusting to that rope that I'm less certain about - over a 40 foot drop!"

RCgothic
2014-05-02, 04:51 AM
Oh get on with it! It's only ten feet across. Any of our warriors could jump it easily. Hells, I cou-

"Here, give me that," I say, taking the free end of the makeshift rope from Ogier and tying it around my waist. "Catch me if I fall?"

I tug a couple of times at the rope to make sure it's secure before taking a running jump across the chasm!

Running jump. Acrobatics: [roll0]
Reflex to catch if I fail by 4 or less: [roll1]
Acrobatics to cushion the fall if I fail: [roll2]

Landing nimbly on the other side, I turn and take a neat bow. "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how it's done!"

ShineyDuck
2014-05-02, 06:55 AM
Do we all need to do that?

Fionualla asks giving a peek down at the drop if the jump isnt so sucessful

RCgothic
2014-05-02, 07:18 AM
"Well, yes, but at least now we have a rope on this side to help you up if you fall. Then we can throw a free end back for the next person. We may have to think of something else for Aveni and Aravshnial though. Lightest first and equipment separately please, I'm going to need some help before we can send the heavier party members across."

stack
2014-05-02, 11:20 AM
"How long and how dangerous is the other route?"

Luke GG
2014-05-03, 04:14 AM
Flash takes this opportunity to strip off.

I can not leave you. we do not know what could be lurking out of sight.

[roll0]

stack
2014-05-03, 01:22 PM
Ogier eyes their lame companion, trying to estimate her weight.would she be under Hotep's max light load if both removed gear and armor?

Starbin
2014-05-03, 01:40 PM
For the record, light load max is 116 for Hotep. I suppose he could use his scale to alter self and bump that up to 153, if necessary.

DrK
2014-05-03, 04:26 PM
It takes some time but some 30 minutes the later the party and their mongrel friends are across the chasm. Flash climbing up and a down carefully, while Aveni is carried across on Hotep's back in a great leap by the northman. Soon the others creep across the crude rope and join Lann and the others. Lann motions onwards shaking his head, "these tremors have caused many issues. We will have to go through a slightly more dangerous tunnel." Pointing the way he waits patiently for the party to follow. The tunnel winds on for some 1800ft taking a good 20 minutes or so before you can hear more voices up ahead.

Entering a chamber you can see 4 armoured figures, all dressed in chain marked with the symbol of Iomedae the sword maiden, but armed with long glaives. As you troop into the chamber some 60ft away form them the tallest of them looks up from where they were clustered around a piece of paper, "Ho. How did you get down here?"

Know (religion)
Prof (soldier)
S. Motve
Can all be useful here

Luke GG
2014-05-04, 04:03 AM
[roll0]

Flash moves out to greet the people. Taking out his holy symbol.

Stay your hand I am Flash Albright 3rd of the crusade. These people behind me are not to be attacked.

Detect Evil
This would be a good spot to ambush us.

How did you come to be trapped down here, and what rank are you from?

Mark_L
2014-05-04, 07:13 AM
Maxwell watches the 'soldiers' as Flash approaches , examining their arms, livery and behavior closely.

Prof (soldier) [roll0]
OC: suspicious bastard mode engaged. Would be a good front to repress a populace this...

Edit: Apparently, not that closely at all...

Luke GG
2014-05-04, 12:24 PM
Flash slows his approach as they ping evil.

Do you happen to be paladins we have an injured among are group.

Flash will make some hand gestures to the others behind his back.

stack
2014-05-04, 01:22 PM
Ogier keeps his bow low, but nonthreatening. "Fell down a crack in the big scrum. How 'bout you?"