PDA

View Full Version : [spoiler]The Little Girl Who Cried Wolf

TinSoldier
2007-02-02, 10:01 PM
So, even the densest of us can see that Miko has gone totally irrational. Yes, others have seen it sooner. Whatever.

My question is this--will the other characters now disbelieve that Xykon is actually on his way to Azure City? Because she is "delusional" maybe they will think that this is yet another manifestation of her delusions? And so, the OotS leaves Azure City for Girard's gate and chaos ensues.

Just a thought.

Beleriphon
2007-02-02, 11:07 PM
So, even the densest of us can see that Miko has gone totally irrational. Yes, others have seen it sooner. Whatever.

My question is this--will the other characters now disbelieve that Xykon is actually on his way to Azure City? Because she is "delusional" maybe they will think that this is yet another manifestation of her delusions? And so, the OotS leaves Azure City for Girard's gate and chaos ensues.

Just a thought.

No, I'm pretty sure that Hinjo or one of his pet wizards will figure out that Xykon is a lich, and what that means as per the rules. As in none of the OotS managed to destroy his phacylatery.

TinSoldier
2007-02-02, 11:08 PM
Well they know he's not dead since Eugene already told them that. What I'm saying is that they won't believe Miko that Xykon is marching on Azure City.

Piedmon_Sama
2007-02-02, 11:08 PM
I'm sure they have Wizards on staff who will be able to scry out Xykon and his army, even though the Lich destroyed the towers.

The_Weirdo
2007-02-02, 11:11 PM
Don't think so. They perceive her as INCOHERENT, not DELUSIONAL per se.

TinSoldier
2007-02-02, 11:12 PM
Okay, it was just a thought. I don't know how they would scry Xykon but whatever.

Glome
2007-02-02, 11:14 PM
Well I don't think either Roy or Hinjo can afford to take the chance that it's just a delusion at this point. They both lose so much more by ignoring her then if they go through the drill off a false alarm. Besides which, Roy can't go to the other gates now the Shojo has been killed (Hinjo couldn't help him anyway with breaking his oath), so everyone will stick around anyway, and prepare the defenses. It will undoubtly be too little, too late at this point since Xykon was counting on them preparing the defenses, but at least Xykon hasn't found out where the gate is due to Miko falling.

Warpfire
2007-02-02, 11:19 PM

Just a thought.

That's a possibility, but I don't think its likely. With scrying magic available, even though they might now greatly doubt her word, they would probably check it out anyway as a "just in case" measure.

But, then again, they could just completely blow it off for the sake of the plot. Unlikely, but it could happen.

Haruki-kun
2007-02-03, 12:54 AM
They'd probably try to contact the people in the watchtowers first. Since the won't be able to, they'd probably believe her.

13_CBS
2007-02-03, 12:56 AM
A question about scrying; I've never played D & D before, so I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the spells...but wouldn't a powerful lich like Xykon be able to block out scrying attempts?

EmeraldFire
2007-02-03, 01:01 AM
I think that they will see if Xykon is coming or not. There is no harm in checking, but there will be harm in ignoring it. Perhaps they'll send a few scouts out to see if any large undead/hobgoblin army is on the horizon.

atteSmythe
2007-02-03, 01:33 AM
Huh, neat idea! I think that they distrust her ability to form conclusions, though, rather than thinking she'd be outright lying. Doesn't fit her psychosis. Still, it'd be a neat turn.

Tabiani
2007-02-03, 01:39 AM

Just a thought.Maybe but, hey, look at the bright side. Unless the gate is hidden in a 10x10 windowless cell she won't be leading Xykon to it!

agentx42
2007-02-03, 01:39 AM

Just a thought.

Nope. In No, 406 Hinjo himself said, "Like maybe AFTER the giant unstoppable invasion force of Pure Evil is dealt with? Call me wacky, but that seems like the more pressing issue on the table now."

So they all know it's coming. Now they just need to figure out how to stop it. Good luck with that one.

TinSoldier
2007-02-03, 01:43 AM
Nope. In No, 406 Hinjo himself said, "Like maybe AFTER the giant unstoppable invasion force of Pure Evil is dealt with? Call me wacky, but that seems like the more pressing issue on the table now."

So they all know it's coming. Now they just need to figure out how to stop it. Good luck with that one.Yeah, but that is also the strip where she started making her crazy accusations in.

As other have said, they will probably check up on it. But I don't think they will take her word for it any more.

Spiky
2007-02-03, 01:47 AM

So they all know it's coming. Now they just need to figure out how to stop it. Good luck with that one.
Yep, Hinjo already believed her before she went nuts. Not a problem.

agentx42
2007-02-03, 02:45 AM
Yeah, but that is also the strip where she started making her crazy accusations in.

As other have said, they will probably check up on it. But I don't think they will take her word for it any more.

Gotta say, now that Miko's off the deep end, nothing in this strip would shock me. If Rich wanted homicidal koalas to suddenly teleport in with explosive frisbees, I'd say, "Yep, go for it. Let's see how it plays out." Because the events of the past two weeks have just rocked mah little world.

Krellen
2007-02-03, 02:49 AM
Well they know he's not dead since Eugene already told them that. What I'm saying is that they won't believe Miko that Xykon is marching on Azure City.
I'm not sure it matters. Xykon planned to be right behind her (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0376.html). The murder of Shojo and the ensuing showdown with Miko only took a few seconds of game time - a minute, tops. I predict Hinjo will say "Now, let us prepare our defenses" and, in the next panel, the first rock from a hobgoblin catapult comes crashing through the wall.

agentx42
2007-02-03, 03:03 AM
I'm not sure it matters. Xykon planned to be right behind her (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0376.html). The murder of Shojo and the ensuing showdown with Miko only took a few seconds of game time - a minute, tops. I predict Hinjo will say "Now, let us prepare our defenses" and, in the next panel, the first rock from a hobgoblin catapult comes crashing through the wall.

DANG! I'd forgotten that! Thanks for jogging my memory around the park!

Zeitgeist
2007-02-03, 03:33 AM
They'll believe it, for sure. Here's why:

When they left the Oracle, they began to realize that they forgot all about Azure City's gate. Of course, then that revelation was removed from them. But the fact remains that the only reason they didn't consider it is because they hadn't THOUGHT of it. Now that they've been reminded of the possibility again, they will begin to question it again (regardless of Miko), as they did when they left the Oracle. Only this time, without memory loss.

Miko is irrelevant. They will investigate (or believe her) because the only reason they hadn't before was because they overlooked it.