PDA

View Full Version : Large Size or Powerful Build

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 12:35 AM
Is there any race that looks human or any way for a human to gain the powerful build or large size?

LTwerewolf
2014-03-16, 12:54 AM
If you're ok with setting specific content you can take jotunbrud. (http://dndtools.eu/feats/races-of-faerun--23/jotunbrud--1702/)

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 01:00 AM
That wouldn't be bad.
But I need to be considered large for the purpose of weapon size, any ideas?

Fenryr
2014-03-16, 01:05 AM
Any reason in particular? I don't wanna say "Monkey Grip" for a bigger weapon. Maybe the Exotic Weapons from Forgotten Realms made of Gold/Platinum? The special material advances weapon size by one stage.

Permanent Enlarge Person?

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 01:07 AM
Well I wanna help my buddy build Thor and he has found this Playtest class called Warpriest and it gives its favored weapon a increase weapon dice, except his weapon will be Warhammer a d8 it only increase it to d6 so he wont get a better dice till 10th level unless he counts as large.

LTwerewolf
2014-03-16, 01:12 AM
Half-giant is medium with powerful build, but has giantish characteristics. Half-ogres are large size. Not sure why these aren't the other way around, but hey. Either or, they';re both half-human.

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 01:13 AM
Hmm oh and it seems Half-Giant in PF has no CR adjust. This could work, if I tell him to lowball their height and weight it makes a good thor build since Thor is suppose to be fairly tall and 6'4" is fairly tall.

Fenryr
2014-03-16, 01:23 AM
Tome of Battle or Path of War is allowed? There a stance that increases the weapon size as well.

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 01:35 AM
Know the name of it?

Zaydos
2014-03-16, 01:39 AM
Giant's Stance 5th level, Stone Dragon stance, no prerequisites but limits your movement and needs you to be on the ground.

Its level is a big problem (5th level means IL 9 required so 18th level for non-initiators).

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 01:45 AM
Half Giant does it at lvl 1 and gives a once a day stomp power.

CyberThread
2014-03-16, 02:17 AM
May I suggest instead, of all this funky stuff, especially if just about weapon size.

Get mighty wallop, and just ask your DM nicely, to have it resize the weapon, according to the damage the spell would normally do, and make you magically good at using it.

Fenryr
2014-03-16, 02:25 AM
Primal Warrior Stance (Path of War) is level 3. No ground restriction and you may use a weapon one size category larger. It means initiator level 5, non initiator 10.

Curmudgeon
2014-03-16, 06:37 AM
Is there any race that looks human or any way for a human to gain the powerful build or large size?
Yes, but it's expensive. You can get Powerful Build via the Stonebone acquired template (Dragon # 350, page 36). It's LA +2 (which you should be able to buy off at class levels 6 and 9), and you'll want to spend a feat on Evolved (Dragon # 350, page 37) to remove one of the two big drawbacks of the template.

Crake
2014-03-16, 10:49 AM
You realize that Mjolnir isn't actually some overly large hammer or anything. it was just exceptionally powerful. The gold/platinum weapon material is actually probably the more appropriate way to do it, as it increases the damage, making the WEAPON more powerful, but without giving it that silly cartoonish feel of being stupidly oversized.

Yorrin
2014-03-16, 11:50 AM
If you can get access to the 3.0 book "Bastards and Bloodlines" there's a feat called "Large." It requires that you have heritage of a race that is normally large or larger. The "Old Blood" feat from that same book can qualify you for that. Unfortunately this book is often not allowed, so check with your DM first.

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 12:20 PM
I am aware of what thors hammer is. But it is a large hammer with powerful abilities. Most of which can be gained via class.

We do use lost tradition from that book so potentially. But we can refluff half giant to fot asgardian

Chronos
2014-03-16, 12:42 PM
Quoth Iolaus:

Well I wanna help my buddy build Thor and he has found this Playtest class called Warpriest and it gives its favored weapon a increase weapon dice, except his weapon will be Warhammer a d8 it only increase it to d6 so he wont get a better dice till 10th level unless he counts as large.
Is anyone else confused by this post? How does a d8 increase to d6, and how does being large change this?

In any event, another option for wielding a larger weapon is the Strongarm Bracers, from MIC.

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 01:49 PM
Sorry warpriest grants sacred weapon bonus that makes a weapons damage go to d6 if its not already d6 or higher. If like warhammer it has a d8 it doesnt increase the dice. D8 begi s at 5-9 so he wouldnt see an increase in dice type till lvl10