PDA

View Full Version : E6 Prestige game style

PsyBomb
2014-03-16, 03:06 PM
Hello all! My group has been trying something out, and it's working out well so far. I haven't seen much of it elsewhere, so I'd like to present it here.

The idea is simple: Give people the ability to Prestige in an E6 environment. Here are the rules:

-Start with standard E6 rules
-Any PrC prereqs are modified to be capable of being met with only one level in each class needed for entr:
--Spellcaster levels or spell levels known become 1st
--BAB requirements lowered to 1-2
--Skill ranks reduced to 4 at most (1 in PF)
--Feat requirements reduced to no more than two feats, unless the class keys entirely off of a later feat.
-Any PrC with custom casting (such as Ur-Priest and Assassin) lose this.
-A few PrCs are banned from this variant, at DM discretion (for example, Iot7FV). These will usually be ones that required 7 or more levels to enter outside of this variant, as their abilities tend to be overpowered in E6
-Finally, unless absolutely needed, you can have no more than one PrC on your character.

The result of this is "compressed" builds, rather than certain concepts being impossible within the system. I've played a Totem Rager, next to a Mystic Theurge and Shadowdancer. Works out well for us, any thoughts?

The Dragon
2014-03-16, 03:58 PM
What do you want input on?

PsyBomb
2014-03-16, 04:17 PM
What do you want input on?

It's more if anyone sees any glaring flaws or massive breaks in the system that my small group is not noticing. I may want to use the ruleset with another group later.