PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Feats that work better for NPCs

Shinken
2014-03-16, 03:33 PM
I was looking over the Inner Flame (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/inner-flame-combat-ifrit) feat and was quite unimpressed by it, since a player character would most likely have a flaming weapon by that level if he really wanted it. Most characters have some use for their swift actions, as well.

I realized that the story was different for NPCs. A 7th level NPC, though, does not have enough gold for such a weapon. Therefore, the feat looks a lot better, specially since it helps making a character somewhat more notable and deals some extra damage while allowing money to be spend somewhere else, like increasing his defenses or getting a useful potion or two.

Anyway, what I want to ask is what feats do you think are better for NPCs than they are for PCs?

Lans
2014-03-16, 04:48 PM
3.5- VOP, there is a feat that lets you summon a devil with a cr of 1/2 your level. Both great for commoners

Lord Vukodlak
2014-03-16, 05:36 PM
The Teamwork Feats while they could be useful to PC's in some situations the fact it requires two people to have the feat in order to function makes them to big an investment.

They can work wonderfully for NPC's who could be attacking the PC's in far greater numbers. Outflank increases the to hit bonus while flanking to +4. Stealth Synergy lets you take the highest stealth roll in the party.

Shinken
2014-03-17, 06:11 AM
The Teamwork Feats while they could be useful to PC's in some situations the fact it requires two people to have the feat in order to function makes them to big an investment.

They can work wonderfully for NPC's who could be attacking the PC's in far greater numbers. Outflank increases the to hit bonus while flanking to +4. Stealth Synergy lets you take the highest stealth roll in the party.

Isn't it funny that the combination Outflank + Stealth Synergy actually avoids Conservation of Ninjutsu (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu)? :smallbiggrin:

avr
2014-03-17, 07:25 AM
Anything which gives a 1/day ability; durability over multiple fights will seldom be a concern for NPCs. The only thing which springs to mind are some feats for racial SLAs, but I'm sure there are others.