PDA

View Full Version : What belkar should have said

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-03, 12:09 AM
Belkar's crack about thinking a paladin would kill him was a nice dig on miko, but maybe he should have quipped about how much cowardice it takes to kill an unarmed man half your size who can't even fight back due to that #$%ing MoJ.

Now implying she was about to do something cowardly would have really scortched miko. BTW, anyone notice belkar wouldn't run from her or get out of the way even tho he couldn't really defend himself? That showed more courage than miko did

agentx42
2007-02-03, 01:54 AM
BTW, anyone notice belkar wouldn't run from her or get out of the way even tho he couldn't really defend himself? That showed more courage than miko did

Now that you mention it... good point! Dude stood his ground. Let's hear for the three-foot psycho!

Nice little 'boot' he gave her at the end as well.

theKOT
2007-02-03, 01:57 AM
Actually, Miko wasn't really listening to anyone at that point. Also, I think given the current events her lost paladin status is probably a slightly touchier topic. Besides, this was funnier.

Setra
2007-02-03, 02:03 AM
What Belkar should have said was "Funny. I always figured I'd be killed by a paladin."

Demented
2007-02-03, 02:05 AM
He seemed rather resigned to his fate. Not very conducive to snappy comebacks.
But it was snappy enough.

Krytha
2007-02-03, 02:32 AM
"Youre not my dad!"

Deper
2007-02-03, 02:37 AM
Actually, Miko wasn't really listening to anyone at that point.

Miko: Gives Roy a Stunning Kick. "Stop Talking!"

Doesn't look like she wasn't listening.

agentx42
2007-02-03, 03:26 AM
What Belkar should have said was "Funny. I always figured I'd be killed by a paladin."

But... that is what he said. Even added the emphasis on paladin.

Just sayin'.

Nightmarenny
2007-02-03, 03:32 AM
But... that is what he said. Even added the emphasis on paladin.

Just sayin'.
Um. Call me crazy but I think that was his point. Stop looking at every line and thinking "oh, I could do better than that!" its very disrespectful.

Demented
2007-02-03, 03:33 AM
Which was exactly Setra's point.

Aw, snap-buggin's, another simu-ninja.

slayerx
2007-02-03, 05:06 AM
Belkar's crack about thinking a paladin would kill him was a nice dig on miko, but maybe he should have quipped about how much cowardice it takes to kill an unarmed man half your size who can't even fight back due to that #$%ing MoJ.

Now implying she was about to do something cowardly would have really scortched miko. BTW, anyone notice belkar wouldn't run from her or get out of the way even tho he couldn't really defend himself? That showed more courage than miko did
Well, belkar was a little short on time... that phase seems a bit too long winded and he probably would have been killed in the middle of it =P
and pointing out her Lost paladinhood is a damn good scorcher...

Charles Phipps
2007-02-03, 05:10 AM
What Belkar SHOULD have said.

"I will come back as a Foo Dog and hump your leg!"

Erk
2007-02-03, 08:03 AM
Belkar already said one of the single best lines in the history of lines. Why would anyone want to change that?

I think on some level Belkar was still stuck at "I'm gonna make Miko look bad" even though she had already fallen, hence forgetting to run. We already know he has no end of courage, he was going to sacrifice himself to Miko once already and didn't blink an eye. Dear, psychotic little thing

Swashbuckler
2007-02-03, 08:26 AM
He shoulda boot'ed her a few more times. :smallamused:

Everyone say it with me: "BOOT TO THE HEAD!" :biggrin:

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-03, 06:50 PM
Well, he should point out to her at some time in the future that her attack on him under the circumstances was cowardly and dare her to a rematch. Remember, he beat her once.

I'd like to see miko deal with an accusation of cowardice. Boy. she'd probably have a total ragegasm on that...

TinSoldier
2007-02-04, 12:01 AM
Miko: Gives Roy a Stunning Kick. "Stop Talking!"

Doesn't look like she wasn't listening.Because she was trying to think and/or justify what is happening. Haven't you ever tried to concentrate on an idea while someone else yammered in the background? It's distracting.

Anyway, I think that Belkar's line was perfect. He always does get the best lines.

Jewel Thief
2007-02-04, 12:14 AM
That was a pretty friggin' awesome line!

fwiffo
2007-02-04, 12:31 AM
Pointing out to Miko that she is about to kill someone who is unarmed, defenseless and can't fight back would've been quite a deterrent...

... if she didn't already kill another someone who is unarmed, defenseless and couldn't fight back. Oh, and that another someone was her liege lord and not a person that she wanted to get for a long long time.

CrossP
2007-02-04, 08:44 AM
Pointing out the cowardice of her attack could be construed as an attempt to make her more level-headed. Why would Belkar ever do that?

Morbidian
2007-02-04, 12:07 PM
He shoulda boot'ed her a few more times. :smallamused:

Everyone say it with me: "BOOT TO THE HEAD!" :biggrin:

Obviously, she did not learn from the lesson of Ed Gruberman.

Caractacus
2007-02-04, 01:04 PM
Um. Call me crazy but I think that was his point. Stop looking at every line and thinking "oh, I could do better than that!" its very disrespectful.

There may be some history here that I'm unaware of, but I don't know that agentx42 got what Setra meant.

*I* didn't get what Setra meant either at first...

(BTW, Setra had a full stop where the original has a comma - the heretic! :smalltongue:)

Nix307
2007-02-04, 01:05 PM

I compleatly agree