PDA

View Full Version : Boost tumble

kpumphre
2014-03-16, 05:02 PM
Need help Gestalt Scout/Ranger 3rd level. So to tumble around bad guys my entire move is knocked down in half. I'm planning on doing shot on the run at 4th level. so I need some help to make the dc 25 tumble check. Any cheap items, or ideas would be appreciated.

Right now I'm 13
Dex 20
6 ranks
Jump is maxed so plus 2 from here.

Race Elf

Bloodgruve
2014-03-16, 05:15 PM
Skill boosting magic items, +5 at 2.5k gold and +10 at 10K gold IIRC

Item Familiar, if allowed, lets you invest ranks into it and it can boost skills, effectively doubling your ranks in a skill.

Skill focus...

Warlock Invocation give +6

These are just a few. There may be some other magic items that can give you more boosts.

Blood~

hemming
2014-03-16, 10:03 PM
Belt of Ultimate Athleticism will let you take 10 on tumble even when stressed - MIC, 3,600 gold

You could also add a masterwork tool +2 skill bonus on some boots

Or get the skill focus

With your current ranks will put you at 25 (with tool bonus) for every check if you are taking 10 (26 with skill focus)

My first thought was to try posting on Tumblr

sleepyphoenixx
2014-03-17, 03:46 AM
Boots of Striding and Springing or Boots of Speed. You still move at half speed but your half speed is faster.
Belt of Lions(MoF, 20000gp) gives +10 competence to move silently and tumble, Low Light Vision, Speak to feline animals and +4 to cha checks with felines.
Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis (ToM, 10800gp) adds 10ft movement speed (untyped). Also HiPS, boni to hide and move silently, cold resistance, Low Light & Darkvision.

Ninja Spy (OA) has easy requirements and gives a +10 competence bonus to Balance, Climb, Jump and Tumble at third level, with another +10 at 7th.
It also adds Improved Evasion, Poison Use, Hide in Plain Sight, Alter Self at will and some Exotic Weapon Profiencies and Sneak Attack.

Socksy
2014-03-17, 03:50 AM
Doesn't Perform (Dance) have synergy, or am I talking out my butt here?

A level of Thief-Acrobat will let you move full speed while tumbling.

Know(Nothing)
2014-03-17, 04:06 AM
When you get one more rank you can get the Swift Tumbler feat from Cityscape. Half your speed plus 10 feet while tumbling with no penalty.

Curmudgeon
2014-03-17, 08:42 AM
Doesn't Perform (Dance) have synergy, or am I talking out my butt here?
Faulty memory, perhaps? Tumble gets a synergy bump from having 5+ ranks in Jump. 5+ ranks in Tumble in turn grants a synergy bonus to both Jump and Balance.

kpumphre
2014-03-17, 10:45 AM
lol I wish the dance would work. I forgot to mention since we are gestalt so no prestige classes.

Damage wise I'm doing 1d8+6+4d6 as a 3rd level character so I don't relaly want to step in to other classes right now. So most likely just want items.

At 4th level I'll be taking the dodge feat that with 40 movement grants you +2 to ac. I'm going as shot on the run method with many shot.

Level 1 point blank shot
Level 2 ranger: Rapid shot
Level 3: Improved skirmisher

2 flaws: Swift hunter (stacks for gestalt so I'm doing damage as a 6th level scout currently.) precise shot

Planning:
Level 4 scout: Dodge (version that grants plus 2)
Retrain Precise for mobility when I get precise on my bow.
Level 4: shot on the run (If I trade away my spells from swift hunter)
Level 6 ranger: Manyshot
Level 6: Improved manyshot

Any thoughts or better ideas would be appreciated for those.

But as you can see I don't have room to take feats or other classes.

jjcrpntr
2014-03-17, 02:38 PM
Skill focus +not rolling like crap on your rolls!

kpumphre
2014-03-17, 04:08 PM
Nice nice lol skill focus is a feat and yeah well we all can't roll 18 on our listen checks

Darrin
2014-03-17, 08:00 PM
Belt of Ultimate Athleticism (3600 GP, MIC) will let you take 10 on Tumble checks. Takes a swift action to activate, though.

Masterwork Darkleaf Hellforged Tumbler's Breastplate grants a +2 circumstance bonus to Tumble, and it has an ACP of zero, so you can wear it without the Exotic Armor Proficiency feat (non-proficiency penalty is equal to the ACP).

kpumphre
2014-03-17, 09:36 PM
Masterwork Darkleaf Hellforged Tumbler's Breastplate grants a +2 circumstance bonus to Tumble, and it has an ACP of zero, so you can wear it without the Exotic Armor Proficiency feat (non-proficiency penalty is equal to the ACP).

However I am a scout and I belive that armor is heaver than light armor

Darrin
2014-03-17, 10:14 PM
However I am a scout and I belive that armor is heaver than light armor

Nope. Darkleaf counts as one category lighter. Cheaper than mithral, too.

kpumphre
2014-03-17, 10:22 PM
Nope. Darkleaf counts as one category lighter. Cheaper than mithral, too.

How much would that be?

Darrin
2014-03-17, 10:41 PM
How much would that be?

450 GP, Tumbler's Breastplate (Races of Stone)
150 GP, Masterwork
2250 GP, Darkleaf (A&EG or Eberron Campaign Setting)
1000 GP, Hellforged (DMGII)
--------
3850 GP Total

(Note: There's some argument over whether Hellforged "improves" the ACP by reducing it. The designer appears to have made a poor choice of words, but the RAW interpretation would be improve = reduce.)