PDA

View Full Version : Martial Psionic Homebrew Questions

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 06:01 PM
Ok so I want to make a Psionic Monk, not a psychic warrior or anything like that.

Using the Erudite from 3.5 as a basis as well as the Monk I want to fuse the classes the best way I can to make a well balanced tier 3 or tier 2 class. Now the Erudite can indeed learn all psionic powers so I am not sure if this class should be able too.

This is for PF. Please note this is not a homebrew but asking for your advice on what should go into the homebrew and help with ideas for said homebrew.

I imagine a psionic martial artist who studies the depths of his mind to enhance his body as he follows the mantra of mind over matter. He enhances himself via his mental prowess and even delivers a flurry of force blasts mentally at an expanding range.

Or maybe physical but add Wis to hit and Damage and then later adds Int to those as well.

docnessuno
2014-03-16, 06:36 PM
What you are asking is not a T2/3 class, is a T1+ class (full psionic casting + melee capabilities + multiple stats to hit/damage?)

Let's try another apprach:

Take the PF psychic warrior (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior#TOC-Psionic-Proficiency-Ex-) chassis.
Remove ALL class features except for Power points, Powers known and Eternal warrior.
Increase all saving throws to good.
Add only the following class features from the PF monk (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk):
AC Bonus (@ level 1)
Flurry of Blows (@ level 1)
Unarmed Strike (@ level 1)
Bonus Feats (@ level 2-6-10-14-18, no 1st level bonus feat)
Ki pool (Ki strike only, @ level 4-8-12-16, working while the character has psionic focus).

Congratulations, you now have a solid T3 homebrewed "psionic monk".

Iolaus
2014-03-16, 06:45 PM
The PF Monk has a Telekinetic Archetype that grants Psi-Like Abilities and so forth.

Anyway that would work if I was focusing solely on the physical powers and martial

The only reason I am even considering using the Erudites learning method is because of the monk's scholar nature.