PDA

View Full Version : Couple of class modifications. [3.5]

TroubleBrewing
2014-03-16, 06:35 PM
For my upcoming 3.5 game, I'm looking to include the Lurk and the Barbarian. I'm shooting for Tier 3 on both of them. I'm thinking about just slapping the Warblades initiating progression on the existing chassis and calling it a day.

For the Lurk, maybe extra PP to get use out of their augments? I'm not really sure what else to do to it.

(Un)Inspired
2014-03-16, 06:37 PM
Why do you want to take the warblades toys and give them to a barbarian when the warblade works just fine as a feral raging warrior?

TroubleBrewing
2014-03-16, 06:45 PM
Because that's the game I want to run.

OldTrees1
2014-03-16, 07:01 PM
Since you are changing Barbarian, I would give them a better skill list in addition to the maneuvers you are granting. Otherwise it looks good, provided the player likes maneuver combat.

No comment on the lurk.

(Un)Inspired
2014-03-16, 07:04 PM
Because that's the game I want to run.

Clearly. I'm asking why.

TroubleBrewing
2014-03-16, 07:36 PM
Since you are changing Barbarian, I would give them a better skill list in addition to the maneuvers you are granting. Otherwise it looks good, provided the player likes maneuver combat.

Yeah, my players are into ToB stuff. Would just subbing in the Ranger list, but limiting them to 4+Int be too awkward?

Clearly. I'm asking why.

Because the Warblade doesn't work as a feral, raging warrior.

OldTrees1
2014-03-16, 07:45 PM
Yeah, my players are into ToB stuff. Would just subbing in the Ranger list, but limiting them to 4+Int be too awkward.

That sounds fine. While the end result will be more powerful than a Warblade, it should work quite well for your group and will be tier 3.

TroubleBrewing
2014-03-16, 07:47 PM
That sounds fine. While the end result will be more powerful than a Warblade, it should work quite well for your group and will be tier 3.

I was shooting for something comparable to the Warblade. Now, if only someone could weigh in on that Lurk fix...

Gavinfoxx
2014-03-16, 07:51 PM
Play Psychic Rogue?

TroubleBrewing
2014-03-16, 07:56 PM
Play Psychic Rogue?

I like Psychic Rogue better, but I'm trying to get my players into new systems. While PR is a better skill-monkey and utility character, it's not as good at manifesting. I'm shooting for a more manifesting-heavy class.

OldTrees1
2014-03-16, 08:10 PM
I like Psychic Rogue better, but I'm trying to get my players into new systems. While PR is a better skill-monkey and utility character, it's not as good at manifesting. I'm shooting for a more manifesting-heavy class.

Combine Psychic Rogue and Lurk. Maybe even gestalting them

TroubleBrewing
2014-03-16, 08:12 PM
Combine Psychic Rogue and Lurk. Maybe even gestalting them

I tend to look at gestalt like amputation: I know it's useful, and I know it works for some people, but I prefer to exhaust every other option before resorting to it.

OldTrees1
2014-03-16, 08:27 PM
I tend to look at gestalt like amputation: I know it's useful, and I know it works for some people, but I prefer to exhaust every other option before resorting to it.

I would not think of it as gestalt. What I suggested is similar to what you did with Barbarian. You took part of another class and added it to the Barbarian class. Psychic Rogue and Lurk are close enough that combining them into one class would have enough overlap that it would be very similar to what you did to Barbarian.

TroubleBrewing
2014-03-16, 08:37 PM
That's valid.

After looking at some optimization guides, it looks like Lurk is kind of suck. Looks like I'll just be using Psychic Rogue.