PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Feat: Final Slash

1pwny
2014-03-16, 06:44 PM
Final Slash
You ready yourself for the final blow. You return your weapon to its sheath and glare at your opponent. Suddenly, you are on the other side of your opponent, eyes closed, in a crouch. Your blade comes to rest fully in the sheath, and suddenly your opponent feels the slash and falls.
Prerequisites: Iaijutsu Focus 9, Power Attack
Benefits: If an opponent is within one movement from you, and there is nothing obstructing a strait line from you to them, you can activate Final Slash as a standard action. You teleport, as if affected by the teleport spell, to 20 feet behind the target. You automatically make one attack at your highest BAB at the target. If the target is hit, he takes 2 times as much damage as he normally would, after applying all other modifiers. The target is treated as flat-footed against this attack.

You become fatigued after this attack. You only need 2 minutes of rest to recover, however.

Special: A fighter can take this feat as one of his Fighter Bonus Feats.

Xerlith
2014-03-21, 03:21 AM
You move, as if affected by the teleport spell, to 20 feet behind the target

Does that mean I can move up to 20 feet or I can move and locate myself in any place in 20 feet around the target (since D&D has no facing)?

If am fatigued because of using this maneuver, can I use it again anyway? If I become exhausted by doing so, can I do it again anyway?

Also, I feel that the fatigue part may be making the feat a bit too weak.

Does Iaijutsu focus apply to the damage of this attack? Is it also multiplied? If so, then it's not too weak. :smallbiggrin:

1pwny
2014-03-21, 02:46 PM
So remember, before anything else, that this is more of a fake-feat. Its that stereotypical ending to a battle in an anime. So keeping that in mind...

Does that mean I can move up to 20 feet or I can move and locate myself in any place in 20 feet around the target (since D&D has no facing)? No. You draw a strait line from you to the target, and go to 20 feet behind the target on that line.

If am fatigued because of using this maneuver, can I use it again anyway? If I become exhausted by doing so, can I do it again anyway? On your head be it.

Does Iaijutsu focus apply to the damage of this attack? Is it also multiplied? Yes, it does, if you can apply it.

Andion Isurand
2014-03-21, 11:05 PM
How about making this a martial maneuver, but without relying on teleportation?

WARP SPEED DISPATCH
"Custom Discipline" (Strike)
Level: Martial Adept Class 8
Prequisitie: three manuevers within same discipline
Initiation Action: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous

As part of this maneuver, you may move up to your current speed without provoking any attacks of opportunity, with the ability to move through spaces occupied by enemies as if they were occupied by allies. You may make a single melee attack at any point during this movement, that treats its target as being flat-footed and deals an additional amount of damage equal to your initiator level. This extra damage is not multiplied in the event of a critical hit.

If a living opponent that is subject to critical hits, is reduced to fewer than 0 hit points by this attack, you may force that opponent to succeed at a Fortitude save (DC equal to the damage the attack dealt) or die.