PDA

View Full Version : Thor's alignment

ArtDandelay
2007-02-03, 12:33 AM
First off, i apologize in advance if I am reading too much into details, instead of appreciating the humor of OotS.

Well, I (and many of my fellows on the forums here, I'm sure) have assumed Durkon's alignment to be LG. It seems to fit his reliance on honor and good, and, truly, him and Hinjo are the best examples of LG in the comics, IMO (I see obviously Miko and, to a faaaar lesser extent, Roy as a little more iffy on their conviction to LG).

Well, I happened to be brousing the Deities and Demigods handbook, and I noticed that it says Thor's alignment is CG. Now, the RAW state that a cleric must be within a step of his deity's chosen alignment. Naturally, Durkon has three choices: NG, CG, or CN.

Now, does this imply that Durkon is not as lawful as we suspect? Or is Thor perhaps more lawful in the world of OotS?

Or, should I just shut up and enjoy stick figures poking fun at the rules we all play by?

Setra
2007-02-03, 12:37 AM
This Thor could be different

Or it could be a house rule that you merely have to share the Good/Evil allignment axis.

Or Durkon could be Neutral Good, though I heavily believe him to be Lawful.

chibibar
2007-02-03, 12:38 AM
I second that Setra.... I always OoTS Thor is more of Chaotic Funny :)

Erloas
2007-02-03, 12:44 AM
I think in this case Giant is bending the RAW a bit, not that he ever does that sort of thing...

I think the discepancy between Durkon's lawfulness and Thor's chaoticness is shown well in Thor's angels/servants/whatever they are. The fairly drastic difference between Durkon and Thor (in attitude) I think is a great commentary on religion in general. It also somewhat (and much more obviously now) is the case between Miko and the 12 gods.

Erai
2007-02-03, 12:54 AM
Chaotic Good god, Lawful Good cleric- brilliant,in't it :smallcool:

I think there would be two solutions to solve this gamewise (an theorize about i Ootswise?), and that is:

-Either Durkon is Neutral Good with Lawful tendencies- of course there have been a number of instances were he chose to adhere to laws and traditions despite them getting him in awkward situations. BUT: in the case of Hilgya Dwarven Traditions were being flaunted, and since Durkon has, for some reason been cast out and is all emo about that I could imagine that he feels irrationally strong about those. And when Miko arrested the OOTS he was convinced that he had been given a sign by Thor. And whatever your alignment, as a cleric you would not just ignore those, now would ya!

-Of course the above were pretty weak arguments but I enjoyed making them nonetheless :smalltongue: But: on to the second possibility: The dwarves might revere only an aspect of Thor, and they might interpret that aspect as Lawful. Toward which the stance of Thor would probably be a very divine and holy "Yeeeeeeeeah, whatevah"

Krytha
2007-02-03, 01:23 AM
Thor's alignment is Chaotic Drunk.

Setra
2007-02-03, 01:24 AM
Thor's alignment is Chaotic Drunk.

Or just plain Drunk.

Artega
2007-02-03, 01:39 AM
But by being drunk, you default to chaotic behavior. ^^