PDA

View Full Version : Good class to gestalt with Swordsage

heavyfuel
2014-03-16, 10:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good class to gestalt with a swordsage.

I really like gish characters, but I don't want to make him MAD so it's not really necessary.

Thanks!

EDIT: Completely forgot to mention, but this is an E6 game! My bad.

(Un)Inspired
2014-03-16, 10:17 PM
Ardent/ ur priest 9th level powers and 9th level spells are great additions to 9th level maneuvers.

Dimers
2014-03-16, 10:21 PM
Psychic Warrior runs off Strength and Wisdom and has a good mix of passive and active abilities -- sounds like a fine complement for Swordsage. Ardent, likewise, though that takes a little more management.

heavyfuel
2014-03-16, 10:31 PM
Ill check both of these out, thanks for the tips.

Btw, I forgot to mention it, but this is an E6 game. My bad for forgetting.

(Un)Inspired
2014-03-16, 10:32 PM
Ok then ardent jumps to the top of the heap cause you can manifest powers over 3rd level.

heavyfuel
2014-03-16, 10:51 PM
Ok then ardent jumps to the top of the heap cause you can manifest powers over 3rd level.

I can? How so?

I just finished reading the entry and it seems you can't manifest powers with a PP cost higher than your ML (since that's the general rule) and you explicitly can't learn powers that you can't manifest.

So... How exactly does that work? Also, how can I avoid books to my face if try to pull it off?

Rubik
2014-03-16, 10:58 PM
I can? How so?

I just finished reading the entry and it seems you can't manifest powers with a PP cost higher than your ML (since that's the general rule) and you explicitly can't learn powers that you can't manifest.

So... How exactly does that work? Also, how can I avoid books to my face if try to pull it off?Boost your manifester level? Overchannel + orange ioun stone + metapsionic rod bound to your hands chakra + Metapower (Linked Power + Synchronicity) + Azure Talent + Midnight Augmentation = high ML + low pp cost?

(Un)Inspired
2014-03-16, 11:02 PM
Boost your manifester level? Overchannel + orange ioun stone + metapsionic rod bound to your hands chakra + Metapower (Linked Power + Synchronicity) + Azure Talent+ Midnight Augmentation = high ML + low pp cost?

This. You can use carrying levels to avoid the DM using a DMG like a shuriken at your head.

The easiest way is simple to take over channel. Now you have a manifested level of 7 and can manifest 4th level powers.

That's probably the least cheesy way.

heavyfuel
2014-03-16, 11:21 PM
Boost your manifester level? Overchannel + orange ioun stone + metapsionic rod bound to your hands chakra + Metapower (Linked Power + Synchronicity) + Azure Talent + Midnight Augmentation = high ML + low pp cost?

Oh! Didn't notive he didn't have a "max power level known" that was tied to his class level instead of his ML. This is great! Thanks!

gorfnab
2014-03-17, 01:21 AM
Druid is a fun option to gestalt with Swordsage. Wildshape into something nasty and follow up with maneuvers.

Umbranar
2014-03-17, 05:13 AM
Druid is a fun option to gestalt with Swordsage. Wildshape into something nasty and follow up with maneuvers.

Kung Fu Panda style!

I was about to suggest the Cleric but the options above are way better.

docnessuno
2014-03-17, 06:39 AM

Another vote for druid, Swordsage // Druid is an amazingly effective combination.

Assuming the unarmed variant gives you the "unarmed strike" monk class feature, this even allows an extra attack on top of the natural attacks from wild shape.

Nightraiderx
2014-03-17, 06:44 AM
Technically you only need ardent two, but there are a few psionic feats that blend well with Tome of battle, such as the swift action recover a manuever, spend a few power points and loose psionic focus. You'll want the Power points.

Psychic renewal and instant clarity come to mind.