PDA

View Full Version : Updating a Character Advice Needed

paperarmor
2014-03-16, 10:50 PM
So I thought I would update my very first 3.5 Character using my new found Optimization knowledge and I'm currently stumped. Originally it was a single classed Improved Feint Rogue (I was young). Now I was thinking to try Human Factotum 8 Warblade 2 Chameleon 10. However I have a few questions

1. How many Chameleon levels do I really need?
2. What are the best things for a build like this to focus on? I mean Iajutsu Focus sounds awesome but maybe a bit too gimicky at higher levels. Archery might be an interesting way to though.

Thanks in advance.

(Un)Inspired
2014-03-16, 10:56 PM
I would cut the factotum levels down to 3 or 5 if you're gonna take chameleon. That prestige class loses a lot of luster if you don't get it's business till that late in the game.

Your gonna want all 10 levels of chameleon for triple aptitude focusing and maximum ability score bonuses.

I played a factotum 3/swordsage 2/chameleon 10/ master of the nine 5

Factotum 3 gives you some righteous int goodness, especially if you take 4-5 fonts of inspiration.

I recommend cranking up your int and wis cause you get at cast of both, add both to your ac and ability boon will keep your from losing yourself to MADness

This build can be incredible at archery and two handed fighting and two weapon fighting depending on how you spend your floating feat and how many times you cast heroics.

paperarmor
2014-03-17, 10:02 AM
ok so cutting or moving the 5 Factotum levels gives me a lot more options. More Factotum would let utilize Iajutsu a bit more often and cast more spells/get extra strikes. adding on 5 levels of warblade gets Int to damage twice against Flatfooted and Flanked, plus the critical goodies and a bonus feat.