PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Multiple Items into One

Bugworlds
2014-03-17, 01:40 AM
I'm building a cleric (artifice/healing) 1, Artificer 'x.' Since I will be crafting a lot (mmm, crafting for days... <3 ) a party member wants to know if I can make him a few things. One item in particular has me stumped how to go about figuring out a DC, price, and rules of using that item.

They want a bow (I forget what type they want) with a knife on the end of it. In theory gluing something sharp to the end of something shouldn't be difficult, but to make it so it's an effective weapon and not an improvised weapon must require something. Enchanting the item would be like enchanting a double weapon as well, correct?

I imagine the finished item would be used as a bow normally, what would the stats on the knife be? Dagger damage for the knife, but would it be considered an offhand attack? Could you shoot and then tip the bow down and stab someone? Would this be a double weapon, or just one that has multiple uses if it can only be used once. Like a guitar that works as an instrument, but also has a sharpened end just in case.

Windstorm
2014-03-17, 02:34 AM
Point him at the swordbow from magic item compendium, probably a good template to use for mechanics.

Trilby
2014-03-17, 09:58 AM
There's rules for adding this type of thing to weapons in Complete Scoundrel, under 'Surprise Weapons'. The Bowblade, or Crossbow bayonet knife or sword sound like things to look up.