PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monkday (Theoritical VoP Fix)

Vhaidara
2014-03-17, 05:54 AM
Technically not monk exclusive, but one of the common things I see is Monk with VoP. Flavor heaven, mechanical nightmare.

So, why is VoP bad? Because you give up the qualitative enhancements you get from items (flight, mind blank, etc) for some actually pretty solid quantitative bonuses. Nowhere near a fair trade.

So, my idea:
1. VoP halves your WBL. You are still pretty damn poor (for your profession). Not the most perfect fix, since it interferes with the flavor, but I'm curious how it would do.

2. You can be enchanted. This stems from my Warforged character, who isn't getting magic items. Rather, he is having his physical body enchanted (Feet of Striding and Springing instead of Boots of Striding and Springing). So make that a thing.

Thoughts? would this make VoP (and consequently VoP Monks) a little less terrible?

Psyren
2014-03-17, 08:08 AM
1) Half PC WBL is still enough to bankroll several NPCs, and it's certainly more than an entire village of commoners will ever see in their lifetime. I can't really see it being considerable as "poverty" even if it is less that normal PCs get.

2) Your example here confuses me because Warforged can (and indeed are expected to) wear boots. The only part they can legally get enchanted is their plating, because it interferes with their body slot.

georgie_leech
2014-03-17, 08:28 AM
Perhaps instead of just letting them have half WBL, they sacrifice all their WBL and gain half of what they sacrifice as "virtual WBL," that can be spent "enchanting" themselves with whatever effect they want by meditating for 24 hours or something. Then you could get the necessary effects, like Flight or Deathward, while keeping sacrificing all wealth an actual, you know, sacrifice.

Vhaidara
2014-03-17, 09:09 AM
1) Half PC WBL is still enough to bankroll several NPCs, and it's certainly more than an entire village of commoners will ever see in their lifetime. I can't really see it being considerable as "poverty" even if it is less that normal PCs get.

2) Your example here confuses me because Warforged can (and indeed are expected to) wear boots. The only part they can legally get enchanted is their plating, because it interferes with their body slot.

Like I said, the first one is more a case of "If I actually have some stuff, I can get exponentially more to help the poor".

As for the warforged, it was more for flavor of the character. He doesn't want to be dependent on items, and one of his weapons was already part of his body, so he took the logical step and started getting his body enchanted.