PDA

View Full Version : [EMPIRE!][IC]Summit on the Summit: The First Sycian Interfaith Symposium

HisHolyAngel
2014-03-17, 10:00 AM
Arrival

It is a breezy Summer day on the southern portion of the Great Sycian Plains. Of course, a breezy Summer day here means barely above freezing, and this was the warmest part of the country.

As the guests landed in port, a cool wind blew across the fields, making the grasses and grains sway with it, and giving the guests an energizing chill. Just past the port were scores of Sycians assembled and waiting for the guests to arrive. Alongside them, were jet black pegasi, their wings ready to fly. Spots of white stood out among the black. These white pegasi looked radiant, their wings like those of angels. Surely, these graceful creatures were reserved only for the most elite, the leaders of respective nations and religions.

Upon arrival, each party is greeted by one of Sycia's twenty Head Priests, direct advisors to the High Priestess herself, and regional leaders for the different temples in the nation. After the appropriate greetings, and whatever conversation the guests would like to have with the Head Priests is over, they are led to their respective group of pegasi. Each guest is given their own to be flown by a well trained and highly skilled Sycian flier. Whatever luggage, items, etcetera they have brought with them will be flown up separately.

~~~~~~~~

As the guests arrive in the capitol, there is a healthy bustle of energy and activity as final preparations are completed. Standing at the edge of the landing zone was High Priestess Fabula herself, bearing the famed Rod of Yphine. With the city of Yphinerra behind her, Fabula looks glorious. At this moment, she truly looks like she could be the avatar incarnate of the Goddess of Frost.

She greets each guest, engaging in conversation with those who so desire it, and alerting them that ceremonies shall begin tonight in the Temple of Fabula.

~~~~~~~~

Day One

The festivities at the opening ceremonies last night were incredible. Dancers, singers, beautiful clothing, delicious foods, a speech from Fabula herself welcoming all the guests. It seemed absurd that the city could change over to a summit atmosphere after such an energetic night, but as the sun rose in the morning on the first official day of the conference, the impossible had been done. Yphinerra was ready, and the Temple of Fabula had been completely transformed in just a few short hours. Tables and booths had been set up for showcases, conversations, cultural sharing, and whatever else anyone could think of. There we're also open spaces with nothing so that visitors can set up whatever they like without issue. The temple was expansive and every last bit had been planned out.

In the center of the room stood a large round stone table, hand carved, and inlaid with imported bronze to create beautiful patterns and designs. Numerous ornate chairs surrounded it, each inlaid with matching bronze patterns to the table. A name of each of the attending national/religious leaders is carved onto each chair.

Fabula sits in a chair of her own, though through various parts of the day she will get up to walk around, so if you wanna interact with her, the summit will be continuing for a couple days so don't worry if someone else is talking to her, just label your post with a different time/day.

BladeofObliviom
2014-03-17, 10:15 AM
One of the first groups to arrive was not a foreign faith, but more followers of Yphine. King Hroar had not deigned to attend personally, but he had sent a pair of diplomats whom he had promised to (within reason) support the decisions of, and also a company of Bronze-armed Guards. These would be cooperating with the Sycian Guards to secure the area against any general violence, with only one single bodyguard assigned to each of the actual diplomats.

The first of the men of learning from the Glazfell was a younger fellow by the name of Voltemand, who was tall and spindly with a lighter teal complexion. The other, Cornelius, was an ox of a man who an unobservant individual might mistake for one of the guards if they failed to notice just how many scrolls and maps and pieces of scripture he carried in that pack of his.

((Note that it's my finals week and I may be more or less available depending on my willpower. :smalltongue:

Go ahead and let me know if you want to work out a trade deal or something.))

Morph Bark
2014-03-17, 02:19 PM
Paco had been this far north before, but never this far east! It was cold to his southerner tastes, and he wore the multiple cloaks he had worn at Cantus Sai several years ago. He had to be strapped on tightly to the pegasus, for he was very much not fond of flight--a sensation he'd become all too familiar with in travels to Kasumor, Celero and Raaneka.

He was too flustered to address the High Priestess the first time when passing by her, but in hindsight he figured that such a short passerby conversation would never be enough to capture all that he wished to ask her, and what she might ask him.

[The Second Day, Night]

At night on the second day, he managed to spot her at a more lonely time. His mind popped like an uncorked bottle of Bordeusi brew; this was his chance. Paco walked up to the High Priestess and gave a small, but slightly theatrical bow. "Milady, if I may have a moment of your time? I am monk Paco Çimar Guzman of the Blazing Temple across the ocean. I have some questions for you, and mayhaps... a proposal."

HisHolyAngel
2014-03-17, 03:48 PM
The First Day
At the Stone Table

As the true Summit began, Fabula sat down at the great stone table in the center of the temple. Currently, Sycian men were moving one of the chairs that was directly next to her out of the way. It had the name Hroar chiseled in it, and it was being moved to the other end of the table, switching spots with another chair, with another name carved in it. She sighed. Since the King of Glazfell was apparently not in attendance, they had decided that another leader be given the honor to be seated beside her. She wished he had come. No one here had a hostile attitude towards her that she knew of, but it would have put her at great comfort to have someone like him nearby.

The Second Day, Night
Fabula with Paco Çimar Guzman

She smiled at Paco, pleased to know the monks of the Blazing Temple were settling in.
"Of course. I would introduce myself, but you seem to know who I am."
She says, putting a hand to her mouth to hide a small chuckle.
"What would you like to ask me?"

aspi
2014-03-17, 04:59 PM
OOC: Previously in Wenyavuk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17196646&postcount=240)

The Na'nuk party of two dozen men and women arrived in a caravan of mammoths, that simultaneously pulled sleighs and served as mounts to one of the muffled up figures. They unsaddled outside of the city, then six of them picked up backpacks and began heading towards the city proper, while the remaining Nanuk began to set up tents and tending to the mammoths. Of the six, three carried spears with tips made of finest Gunung steel, guarding the envoy of two men and a child. The group headed towards the commotion at the port and removed their hoods once they spotted the pegasi, revealing the envoy to consist of Näiyop, Inaun and a young girl. Approaching the winged horses, the girl displayed obvious enthusiasm about the prospect of riding on a pegasus, the two men very much less so.

As they arrived at the landing zone in Yphinerra, the men took a short break to collect themselves, then moved on to greet the hostess, the younger of the two walking in front as they approached. He bowed deeply and said "High Priestess Fabula, please allow me to introduce our delegation from Wenyavuk. I am chieftain Näiyop an Kal, this is my spiritual advisor Inaun an Vekal and my daughter Bekya." He gave an encouraging nod to the girl, who stepped forward and offered a richly decorated bowl of bananas to Fabula. Näiyop smiled roguishly "Please accept our compliments to your playwrights. May there be a grain of truth to their vision." Close bystanders with keen hearing might have noticed the grinding of Inauns teeth, hidden behind a polite smile.

Morph Bark
2014-03-17, 06:53 PM
[The Second Day, Night] A Fabula's Guzman

"Only by name and reputation," Paco said apologetically. "Until today I hadn't yet had the pleasure of looking upon your visage." He'd nearly added divine, but that would've been an affront to the Lord of Fire. Despite being in the presence of so much ice and reverence for the stuff, Paco did not need to remind himself of what he was. "I bear the mission to educate the next Avatar, though he or she has yet to be officially found. I do not deem it impossible for him or her to reside within Sycia, and wish to have your permission to search among your people for evidence of the ascendance. Furthermore, I am aware that Sycia practices theocracy in government with a similar system of finding new High Priestesses, though they are not reborn in the manner we are familiar with in the form of the Avatar. I was wondering... whether the next High Priestess has already been found, and how old she is? And if you would care to share the secret of how you find the next High Priestess?" He deliberately did not call the Avatar Blazing, considering the current environment and the person he spoke to. He realized he might be treading on thin ice, but with how things were going for him so far, that much was par for the course.

HisHolyAngel
2014-03-17, 08:14 PM
The First Day, Landing Zone
Näiyop with Fabula

"Yphine alone knows the truth."
Fabula responds.
"I welcome you to Yphinerra. May you enjoy your stay and achieve what you are hoping to."

~~~~~~~~~

The Second Day, Night
Paco with Fabula

"You have my permission to search for the next avatar, though I would ask you respect the wishes of any of my citizens you end up dealing with, and alert me if you are successful"
Then, he got to the topic of her own successor, and she frowned.
"I hardly think I'm old enough that a new High Priestess would be born and need to be raised to as my replacement. Unless you're suggesting I am to die sometime soon."
Wellll... clearly you see why she's frowning now.
"Enough of this. What is this proposal you have for me?"

Zap Dynamic
2014-03-17, 09:11 PM
One month before the First Sycian Interfaith Symposium...
((For Lord_Burch and zabbarot, but spoilered for size. Anyone is welcome to read!))

Construction on Bandar Stadium had stretched the city's harbor to capacity. Sea trade and fishing ships continued to bustle in and out, but for the past few years there was also a steady stream of caravans from the Painted Coast to the north. The mining guilds had found deposits of stone as blue as the clear sea and as green as the pounding surf, and had been richly rewarded with jewelry and Heartwine. Massive blocks of these colored stones were stacked to form the stadium seating, rising like a wave over the harbor itself.

Lord Ujval Devdano squeezed his wife's hand. She smiled, and cooed in his ear that he had done well. The Sea Cutter, the royal galley of Raaneka, sat in the harbor before them. At nearly 150 feet long, it dwarfed all nearby ships. Twin masts boasted deep purple sails, one emblazoned with the Dynastic Heraldry of Raaneka (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/069/3/f/empire__raaneka__heraldry_02_by_zapdynamic-d79qcei.png), the other with the heraldry of the ruling House Devdano (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/069/3/f/empire__raaneka__heraldry_02_by_zapdynamic-d79qcei.png). Lord Ujval's siblings, Prince Tikta and Princess Anguri, and their spouses were all to board with their allies from Bordeux and Genivana. They would depart for Sycia that very day.

All the provisions were loaded and the rowers had carried their few belongings on board when the first guests arrived. Stirring, pleasant music drifted through the air. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRv8gnBMiWM) The guests climbed upon the deck to find the royal family at ease beneath wide awnings of red and yellow silk. They were clothed in baggy trousers and small vests of rich silk brocade, bedecked in sumptuous gold and jewels. Princess Anguri wrestled with her nieces and nephews, laughing and shouting as they ganged up on the Golden Daughter of Raaneka. Lady Lomadi and Lord Ujval lounged on a pile of cushions near the aftcastle. It was not far past breakfast, and already the glass of many bottles glinted in the sun.

Meanwhile, one month later...

The Sea Cutter put into the Sycian port, where it was greeted by a host of familiar faces as well as new. The Raaneki royal family embraced old friends as their servants unloaded supplies. All the Raaneki were wrapped in voluminous shawls and cloaks, almost to the point of absurdity. Where they were usually slim, muscular riots of colored flesh, now they seemed to be round, cushioned riots of colored silk.

Lady Lomadi Devdano made her way toward Priestess Fabula. Over all of her clothing, Lomadi proudly displayed the necklace given to her by the Priestess at the Second Raaneki Games. "Priestess!" she smiled, approaching the regent and bowing low. "I thought you a rare vision in my own land, but now I find myself at a loss for words. Your majesty is beyond compare!"

Lord Ujval approached after his wife, bearing a small chest of stained wood covered in decadent goldwork. "A gift for Priestess Fabula. Twin cuffs of spun white gold, from the far off lands of Scla'ca," he said, revealing two delicate lattices which would weave their way from wrist to elbow when worn. He closed the chest and handed it to one the priests attending Fabula, or to the priestess herself if none were near.

The rest of the royal family gathered behind them: young, old, wide, thin, with hair and skin of so many different colors that outsiders surely would not recognize them for kin. "We are honored to attend the Symposium," said Lady Lomadi and Lord Ujval with one voice. "Pray, accept our offering of Raaneki Heartwine. May all at the Symposium taste its splendor, if the Priestess should see fit."

zabbarot
2014-03-18, 03:00 PM
Tendaji Nia-Rohana II arrived with a small entourage of mashahidi and watafiti, in addition to his wife and eldest son, Vanavati.* Tendaji was hardly dressed in anything one might call regal. He wore shorts and a strange shirt, silk possibly, covered in a design of tropical trees, flowers, and fruits. His beard looked recently trimmed but his white dreadlocks cascaded down his back like thick vines. The rest of the party wore more traditional Genivanan clothing, calf length baggy pants and light sleeveless shirts. The only jewelry amongst the entire crowd was the golden vine wreath that was the Genivanan crown. None of them wore shoes.

"Lord Devdano! How soon are we shipping out?" Tendaji probably could have waited until they were a bit closer, but he instead chose to yell across half the harbor. They still had a bit of a ways to walk before they could comfortably talk to each other.

"The arena is coming along nicely." Tendaji was squinting a bit, but otherwise gawking like a tourist. "The weather is so nice here. Do we really have to sail to that frozen mountain? We should just relax for a bit." Shahidi Zakai did not look to pleased at the suggestion. "Fine, have it your way. We'll sail off and freeze. Let's at least enjoy the trip." He turned back to Lord Devdano with open arms, "Surely you have plans for us, eh?"

*OOC: Turns out he's 53. I lost track of these kids pretty quick : |

Morph Bark
2014-03-18, 04:19 PM
[The Second Day, Night]

"My apologies! Sincerely, high priestess, I was unaware of when the appropriate time to search for a new high priestess is." Paco apologized, coming a little closer and deciding to sit down, so that he would not stand towering above her with his tall frame. "From what I had heard, it sounded like high priestesses are like adopted daughters to the one preceding them, and--forgive my forwardness on this--you come across as a motherly figure to me. Gentle and kind, but with a harsh wrath to lash out at someone to make them shape up and act correctly."

He gathered his wits for a moments and swallowed, a little less sure that he should proceed, especially if it would mean estranging the future Blazing Avatar--still only a child!--from a potentially powerful ally in matters of faith, fire and frost. "My proposal was to ask part of the education of the future Blazing Avatar and future High Priestess to be together, alongside one another, to give great strength to our spiritual bonds! The duality of fire and frost would no longer be one merely of strife, but one that strengthens itself, nurtured with love and empower people everywhere! I realize now that your successor is not yet born and cannot be taught alongside the new Blazing Avatar, though mayhaps you could teach her the wisdom of the cold? High Priestess," Paco wet his lips and leaned on the table as he shifted in his seat, "such a bond could guide so many people beyond the Eternal Winter and shield them from the Skystones that have fallen in the western lands." He held up his hands like he was holding a globe. "Fire in the west and south, frost in the east and north, enveloping the ocean's waters like a net. A net of divine grace and love and the power of the people."

aspi
2014-03-18, 04:46 PM
The First Day, Landing Zone
Näiyop with Fabula

"Yphine alone knows the truth."
Fabula responds.
"I welcome you to Yphinerra. May you enjoy your stay and achieve what you are hoping to."

Näiyop sighed inwardly at the High Priestess' distanced answer and Inaun's disapproval. This was going to be a long week. "Thank you, High Priestess. I would be honored if we could speak again in the days ahead to explore parallels of our faiths." He bowed again and the three proceeded to the venue. As they were well out of earshot even for someone with feline hearing, Inaun murmured "I told you to go with an ermine coat, but it just had to be bananas."

Early on the morning of the first day of the summit, one of the guards in the Na'nuk delegation delivered an ivory coffer to the Raaneki quarters with the request that it be relayed to Lady Lomadi. The coffer itself was adorned with delicate carvings of northern fauna, roaming under an inlaid sun fashioned from hammered gold.

On top of a plain white piece of cloth lies a note written in crimson ink

Esteemed Lady Lomadi,

I am delighted to find you in attendance and hope to share a cup of your renowned wine. Warm northern nights to you and Lord Ujval.

Inaun an Vekal

Removing the cloth reveals two tunics fashioned from the orange and blue down feathers of kingfishers, finely woven atop a mesh made from white mammoth wool, each quill individually wrapped in a thread to prevent it from scratching the skin. Both tunics have only short sleeves to not cover all of the wearer's body painting. One is fitted to the physique of a woman, the second to that of a man, yet both with revealing necklines.

The first day of the summit began early for the Na'nuk delegation, even though they were tired from the voyage and last nights festivities. With the help of their guards, they moved amber sculptures, small bowls of amber incense and large ivory carvings telling the story of Irfrin and the Tears of the Sun to the corner of the temple that had been prepared for them. Bekya swirled around - clearly not as hung over as everyone else, since her father had allowed her just a single sip of mead - and was eager to set up the pieces of the exhibition, although rarely in a way Inaun seemed to agree with. "The berry does not fall far from the shrub" he murmured dryly when she ran off to grab anther piece. Näyiop watched her smilingly before he wandered through the exhibitions, greeting old acquaintances and inquiring about the faiths of those he had not met before.

Arutha
2014-03-18, 08:17 PM
A small group of people approach the thrown of the high priestess. they number 5 men, one woman, two short figures that look to be dwarves and one young child. The woman steps forward and says, in a clear, ringing voice "Hello, my name is Berta Cardion, and I have been sent by my brother to learn of the ways of the people of frost and winter. "

One of the near-dwarves spoke, in a voice like gravel I am Kiilyan Vateras, of the Galie. I wish to learn and speak with the many cultures that are here, and learn their songs"

Greata thought to herself, as she often did. the people here were strange, and nothing like those from the south who were also strange. but what was she to know. She was only twelve.

OOC: yes, I brought the plot kid to see paco, so sue me. and my Galie are mildly psychic, so if yall would spoil the occasional emotion, that would be a thing that would fit, if not thats fine, but it means i will have to guess, and that leads to stuff like the "younkai deference" incident. :smallamused:

Elemental
2014-03-18, 08:50 PM
Two men, both in thick white robes and russet cloaks arrived at Yphinerra, the only difference in their attire being a long copper chain worn around the neck of one of the men. They stopped briefly to rearrange the dried flowers entwined in their hair before walking forward to greet the High Priestess.
When they reached the spot where Fabula was standing, they both quickly dropped to one knee and bowed their heads before the man with the copper chain introduced himself and his companion.
"High Priestess Fabula, greetings from Kyara. I am Azhen, High Priest of Carasan. My friend is Mejin of The Wise.
They stood before the other man, Mejin, continued.
"Our Sovereign sends her greetings also and wishes you well."

HisHolyAngel
2014-03-18, 11:58 PM
Landing Area
Raaneki Party

A wide smile breaks across the High Priestess' face as the Raaneki group arrives.
"Lady Lomadi! I am so pleased you could attend. It fills me with joy to see your party here, and these gifts! How lovely! I must try them on right away."
As attendants put the cuffs on her, she studies the groups heavy outfits.
"Certainly you would like to take some of that off. You must be overheating.

If I denied my guests the opportunity to drink your wine, I'm certain I would have a riot on my hands. Make yourselves at home while you are here, not that you need me to tell you such."
She says with a small laugh.

Ashen and Mejin

Fabula bows her head respectfully at the new arrivals.
"It is an honor to have you here, and I am thankful for your sovereign's wishes. Is there anything you need now that you have arrived?"
She asks, pleased at the high turnout of guests.

The Second Day, Night

High Priestess Fabula calms herself, taking a slow breath in and a slow breath out.
"I apologize for my anger, truly it was undeserved and uncalled for. I should not expect you to know of our customs, or the workings of Yphine's wisdom.

I did not know the Avatar, and the only correspondence I had with him came after his demise, but he seemed quite reasonable. I would be honored for the next one to be taught here, and certainly, when the next High Priestess is found, part of her training will include being sent off to learn from your, hopefully, new Avatar. Two avatars, one of ice and one of fire, learning from each other. What a curious concept.

Your words are those of a poet. I see much that could come from such a proposal, and if there is one thing our world needs these days, it is actions that move toward peace."

Sometime or Other
The Men and Dwarves and Woman and Child

"It is a pleasure to see your faces here. May you find what you are looking to find, and learn what you are hoping to learn."

Chief
2014-03-19, 03:33 AM
Drums were heared as the deligation from Calorum arived. 20 monks, 30 priests and the High priest Vilindrae Divinorum herself entered the festivities. Vilindrae carried with her several large scrolls, of the finest quality. She made sure that they were seen by all she passed, and than made her way towards High Priestess Fabula.
Vilindrae greeted the High Priestess in a formal way, like a king would greet a king.
High Priestess Fabula, I am pleased to finally meet you in person. I can see that you have made most excellent arangements for this Symposium. The decoration is wonderfull!
I have yet to get used to the cold though.

She said while keeping her face from showing any emotions. After the formalities she points to the scrolls that were now caried by one of her priests.

As you might be awear I, and my late father before me, have been writing His holy book. It will bring together all the knowledge granted by the Lord my family has been blessed with. However to make it a more accurate collection, I will ask all attendants of this symposium to write down on these scrolls any stories that involve the Lord or shows his divine intervention.

Sometime later during the Symposium

As Monk hounorabel Paco stands alone, Vilindrae swiftly aproaches him.
Hello my dear friend, how have you been.
She than moves closer to Paco and wispers something in his ear.
I have heared some disturbing rumors. You are wanted by the Lord of Guilder. Please explain yourself, his lordship Humperdink claims to have received a letter from the Blazing Tempel.
Also one of my most loyal priests overheared your conversation with High Priestess Fabula. Why would you want her child to be educated along side the next Avatar. I am all for a progressive course of action when it comes to children but their faith is not ours Paco. They worship ice, we worship Fire. The two do not mix.

aspi
2014-03-19, 03:34 AM
On the second day, Näiyop approaches Fabula alone, without any of his guards or advisors. He bows politely and inquires "High Priestess, may I ask a moment of your time? I am troubled by questions about Yphine I feel only you can answer. I will, in turn, address any issue you might perceive. I am no scholar of faith however, and may lack the of insights of my advisor." With his last sentence he points to the corner where the Na'nuk have set up their artifacts and where a pair of delegates from a minor southern province are talking to Inaun, then he turns back to face Fabula. "I would advise caution however, he has... reservations towards your faith. More so than I do myself."

Zap Dynamic
2014-03-19, 09:56 AM

Tendaji Nia-Rohana II arrived with a small entourage of mashahidi and watafiti, in addition to his wife and eldest son, Vanavati.* Tendaji was hardly dressed in anything one might call regal. He wore shorts and a strange shirt, silk possibly, covered in a design of tropical trees, flowers, and fruits. His beard looked recently trimmed but his white dreadlocks cascaded down his back like thick vines. The rest of the party wore more traditional Genivanan clothing, calf length baggy pants and light sleeveless shirts. The only jewelry amongst the entire crowd was the golden vine wreath that was the Genivanan crown. None of them wore shoes.

"Lord Devdano! How soon are we shipping out?" Tendaji probably could have waited until they were a bit closer, but he instead chose to yell across half the harbor. They still had a bit of a ways to walk before they could comfortably talk to each other.

"The arena is coming along nicely." Tendaji was squinting a bit, but otherwise gawking like a tourist. "The weather is so nice here. Do we really have to sail to that frozen mountain? We should just relax for a bit." Shahidi Zakai did not look to pleased at the suggestion. "Fine, have it your way. We'll sail off and freeze. Let's at least enjoy the trip." He turned back to Lord Devdano with open arms, "Surely you have plans for us, eh?"

*OOC: Turns out he's 53. I lost track of these kids pretty quick : |

Lord Ujval embraced the old man in kind as family members and servants attending to his retinue. "Tendaji!" Ujval said with a wide smile. "Welcome, to you and yours! We hope to leave by midday, but first," he said, handing a small bottle of wine to Tendaji and walked with him to the ship's railing. "Behold, the bounty of Guilder!" Lord Ujval gestured toward a tall stack of crates on the shore. "We have begun to trade our Heartwine with our neighbors to the north. They saw fit to provide us with ample stores of bronze."

Later, discussing the stadium, Lady and Lord were all smiles and laughter. "Many thanks," beamed Lady Lomadi, "The stadium was the dream of Lady Aditi and Lord Devdan, but my own alliances with the trade guilds of Raaneka have added to their beauty. They will be ready just in time for the Third Raaneki Games."

Basking in the sun, Princess Anguri stripped down to her jewelry and dove into the harbor. "The Genivanans are right," she said to her lord brother once she had surfaced. "This is paradise. Why freeze in the north?"

"You would not be so hesitant if they had not told us our berundas would be unnecessary," quipped Lord Ujval back. "Don't you want to see the sport and combative arts of the north, sister mine? Forgive her," he said, turning back to Tendaji. "She is as fiery as the hair on her head, but her heart is pure gold. At any rate, I beg you to stay with us at least a month upon our return."

The galley was loaded, the sails unfurled, and the anchor raised. Fanfare rang out over the crowd gathered on the shore, to see the royal family embark on their long journey. No sooner had they left the harbor than Prince Tikta emerged with a young girl in tow. "Tendaji," he shouted, embracing the Genivanan as an old friend. "I would like to introduce you to Shvedrishti Pure Eyes. Rumors have it that she is the Blazing Avatar reborn, but I should think it perhaps too hopeful that the Avatar be born to Raaneki parents twice in a row." The young girl curtsied to the old ruler, large, milky eyes seeming to look up at him. "Quite a marvel, don't you agree?"

((I'd like to continue RPing throughout the week, but I wanted to get all of the necessary stuff out of the way first, just in case things get busy. Also, I looked for an honorific for Tendaji, but couldn't find one. If he uses one, just assume Lady and Lord would have addressed him appropriately. :smallsmile:))

On the morning of the first day...
[QUOTE=HisHolyAngel;17206655]Landing Area
Raaneki Party

A wide smile breaks across the High Priestess' face as the Raaneki group arrives.
"Lady Lomadi! I am so pleased you could attend. It fills me with joy to see your party here, and these gifts! How lovely! I must try them on right away."
As attendants put the cuffs on her, she studies the groups heavy outfits.
"Certainly you would like to take some of that off. You must be overheating.

If I denied my guests the opportunity to drink your wine, I'm certain I would have a riot on my hands. Make yourselves at home while you are here, not that you need me to tell you such."
She says with a small laugh.[quote]

Almost on cue, Lady and Lord shivered. "Raaneka is full of sunshine and warmth, and we have only traveled to cold climates once before." Lady Lomadi smiled her pixie smile. "Alas! Our habits make smiling fools of us, but this is nothing new. In truth, we rather like our life of foolishness... it makes each discovery so much sweeter."

They continued to chat for a few moments as the Raaneki servants unloaded the galley. Crate after crate of food and wine was to be taken to the Summit, where all might enjoy them. Other solitary packages were gifts for friends old and new, and each seemed to go on its own errand.

The Raaneki approached the pegasi, and all but one seemed delighted at this new and wondrous creatures. Princess Anguri eventually rode one to the summit, though she could be heard afterward complaining to her family that a pegasi was no berunda. They all laughed her down. Her fire kept Raaneka safe from all dangers, but it also put her a fickle mood.

For Wenyavuk, later that afternoon...
[QUOTE=aspi;17203909]Early on the morning of the first day of the summit, one of the guards in the Na'nuk delegation delivered an ivory coffer to the Raaneki quarters with the request that it be relayed to Lady Lomadi. The coffer itself was adorned with delicate carvings of northern fauna, roaming under an inlaid sun fashioned from hammered gold.

On top of a plain white piece of cloth lies a note written in crimson ink

Esteemed Lady Lomadi,

I am delighted to find you in attendance and hope to share a cup of your renowned wine. Warm northern nights to you and Lord Ujval.

Inaun an Vekal

Removing the cloth reveals two tunics fashioned from the orange and blue down feathers of kingfishers, finely woven atop a mesh made from white mammoth wool, each quill individually wrapped in a thread to prevent it from scratching the skin. Both tunics have only short sleeves to not cover all of the wearer's body painting. One is fitted to the physique of a woman, the second to that of a man, yet both with revealing necklines.

A small party of four Raaneki approached the Wenyavuk delegation not long before dinner. They were lead by Lady and Lord, and they were as thickly wrapped as when they had arrived that morning. "Inaun an Vekal," exclaimed Lady Lomadi. "It has been too long, and our last meeting was too short. I hope you are well!" She gestured to her side as her husband made a flourishing bow. His many layers transformed his regal grace to bumbling comedy. "May I present Ujval Devdano, Lord of Raaneka by my side." Behind her, a cart was laden with wine and heavy boughs of berries and grapes. "We would share our Heartwine and our meal with you, if you would have us."

Morph Bark
2014-03-19, 09:56 AM
[The Second Day, Night] [Fabula]

Paco's face cleared up a bit at the High Priestess' agreement to his proposal. "Thank you, High Priestess!" He rose from his seat and bowed before her, smiling. "I shall take my leave now, so you may enjoy the rest of the night in finer company." He bowed again. "With your permission, High Priestess. I wish you good night."

[Shortly After That] [Vilindrae]

"High Priestess Vilindrae Divinorum," Paco gave the woman a small bow. "Unfortunately I'm in a bit of a rough spot currently, but I'll manage. How do you do?"

Upon hearing her message, Paco turned a little pale.
"The Doge of Guilder must have spoken with monk Adam then. Adam has taken position of First Brother, the temporary replacement of the Blazing Avatar in his absence. However, Adam denies ever having written the letters sent to all the academies of the known world and he seems to want to consolidate his power. I have no solid evidence for what his goals are, but I believe he wants to become the permanent leader of the Fiery Faith, even if the Blazing Avatar is found, and I believe he might be working with the Order of True Fire in Celero as well.

"As for my proposal to the High Priestess, the Blazing Avatar was good friends with Mosi II of Genivana, who has allegedly been reborn. He had foreseen that and told me and the people of Genivana he wanted the next Blazing Avatar to be taught alongside Mosi's reincarnation, to ensure strong friendship between the two like they had during their former lives. I believe that the Blazing Avatar would've wanted the High Priestess of Yphine to be likewise taught alongside them, if he had known how their High Priestesses are so similar to himself and Mosi in their cycle of rulership."

(OOC: Arutha, when does the Pryonic party arrive? Or you can just jump in with Vilindrae here.)

Arutha
2014-03-19, 10:28 AM
The pair (Vilindrae and Paco) were interrupted when a pair of adults, a near-dwarf, and a child. The woman said"Monk Paco, sister-in-law, it is good to see you. I wish to speak with you, about Greata."

OOC:they arrived day one.

zabbarot
2014-03-19, 11:07 AM

Lord Ujval embraced the old man in kind as family members and servants attending to his retinue. "Tendaji!" Ujval said with a wide smile. "Welcome, to you and yours! We hope to leave by midday, but first," he said, handing a small bottle of wine to Tendaji and walked with him to the ship's railing. "Behold, the bounty of Guilder!" Lord Ujval gestured toward a tall stack of crates on the shore. "We have begun to trade our Heartwine with our neighbors to the north. They saw fit to provide us with ample stores of bronze."

Later, discussing the stadium, Lady and Lord were all smiles and laughter. "Many thanks," beamed Lady Lomadi, "The stadium was the dream of Lady Aditi and Lord Devdan, but my own alliances with the trade guilds of Raaneka have added to their beauty. They will be ready just in time for the Third Raaneki Games."

Basking in the sun, Princess Anguri stripped down to her jewelry and dove into the harbor. "The Genivanans are right," she said to her lord brother once she had surfaced. "This is paradise. Why freeze in the north?"

"You would not be so hesitant if they had not told us our berundas would be unnecessary," quipped Lord Ujval back. "Don't you want to see the sport and combative arts of the north, sister mine? Forgive her," he said, turning back to Tendaji. "She is as fiery as the hair on her head, but her heart is pure gold. At any rate, I beg you to stay with us at least a month upon our return."

The galley was loaded, the sails unfurled, and the anchor raised. Fanfare rang out over the crowd gathered on the shore, to see the royal family embark on their long journey. No sooner had they left the harbor than Prince Tikta emerged with a young girl in tow. "Tendaji," he shouted, embracing the Genivanan as an old friend. "I would like to introduce you to Shvedrishti Pure Eyes. Rumors have it that she is the Blazing Avatar reborn, but I should think it perhaps too hopeful that the Avatar be born to Raaneki parents twice in a row." The young girl curtsied to the old ruler, large, milky eyes seeming to look up at him. "Quite a marvel, don't you agree?"

((I'd like to continue RPing throughout the week, but I wanted to get all of the necessary stuff out of the way first, just in case things get busy. Also, I looked for an honorific for Tendaji, but couldn't find one. If he uses one, just assume Lady and Lord would have addressed him appropriately. :smallsmile:))

Reminded by the talk of the stadium and future games, "Oh! Before I forget, we bring gifts!" Tendaji rummaged through a bag and produced a small black ball. "It's the darndest thing. They drill a coconut, empty the milk, and coat it in this boiling tree sap mixture. Then it sets up like this." He threw the ball at the deck and caught it as it bounced back up to him. "There is a game played with them in the mawa villages, though... I suppose it would be a bit difficult for anyone without some mawa heritage. It involves a lot of swinging and you might need better toes" Tendaji looks down at Lord Ujval's feet. Tendaji also had mostly human feet, but his toes were a bit long. "Ah it's brilliant to watch though, I'll explain the rules to you."* The explanation managed to pass time pretty well while a group of about twelve mawa and genimawa loaded the ship.

A bit later after the anchor was raised... "Shvedrishti? It always amazes me how similar our languages are at..." Tendaji stopped midsentence when he saw Shvedrishti's eyes. They were the same as his fathers, the same as the mashahidi. "Shahidi Zakai! Zakai! Is it him?!" This could very well be too much excitement for an old man. Tendaji grabbed hold of Prince Tikta's shoulder to steady himself. Zakai on the other hand scrambled across the deck to see what all the fuss was about, and immediately fell prostrate before the child.

"Shahidi Mkuu! At last we've found you." In moments they were surrounded by the watafiti.

*I'll explain the rules in full when I finish coming up with them, but imagine Rugby as played by orangutans, with the explicit rule that the ground is out of bounds.

OOC: Tendaji is King, but he doesn't really care about honorifics as applied to himself. This is likely part of why they think he's senile. :smalltongue: Also, Zakai is pronounce Zah-kah-ee, just incase anybody reading is used to Japanese I know you still sneak around Rain Dragon

Chief
2014-03-19, 11:27 AM
Vilindrae looked up from her silent conversation with monk Paco.
'Berta, my dear. I hope all is well with you, Simovi and Greata. But please, what did you want to talk about?'

aspi
2014-03-19, 06:22 PM
"For Wenyavuk, later that afternoon...
A small party of four Raaneki approached the Wenyavuk delegation not long before dinner. They were lead by Lady and Lord, and they were as thickly wrapped as when they had arrived that morning. "Inaun an Vekal," exclaimed Lady Lomadi. "It has been too long, and our last meeting was too short. I hope you are well!" She gestured to her side as her husband made a flourishing bow. His many layers transformed his regal grace to bumbling comedy. "May I present Ujval Devdano, Lord of Raaneka by my side." Behind her, a cart was laden with wine and heavy boughs of berries and grapes. "We would share our Heartwine and our meal with you, if you would have us."

Näyiop was slightly surprised at the invitation, since Inaun had conveniently forgotten to mention it to him. The surprise quickly turned pleasant however, when the delegation presented themselves. Ever since the incident in Terkova, he had been curious to learn about Raaneki hospitality. While Näiyop processed the turn of events, Inaun was quick to answer "Lady Lomadi, it is good to see you again and Lord Ujval, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. This is Näiyop an Kal, chieftain of the Na'nuk." He continued, gesturing towards the girl who peered curiously at the Raaneki from a few steps behind the two men "And his daughter Bekya." Näiyop bowed deeply himself in response when his advisor presented him, then made an inviting gesture By all means, we would be delighted. Please, let us get out of this cold." As the chieftain's eye fell on the cart behind the royal couple, he realized that today was likely to not remain the only day this week that started with a hangover. But that was something he would worry about in the morning. "Please tell me," he asked Lord Ujval as they walked "I have heard of the Games you host in your land once per generation. How did this custom start?"

OOC: please feel free to invite the Na'nuk someplace or invade their quarters.

Elemental
2014-03-19, 08:44 PM
Ashen and Mejin

Fabula bows her head respectfully at the new arrivals.
"It is an honor to have you here, and I am thankful for your sovereign's wishes. Is there anything you need now that you have arrived?"
She asks, pleased at the high turnout of guests.

Azhen gave a friendly smile.
"The mere fact that you would invite so many who worship so many disparate Gods is more than we could wish for. Truly this speaks for peace in our world."
The both bowed before leaving the High Priestess to greet her other guests.

The First Day

While High Priest Azhen attended Fabula's symposium, prepared to answer questions concerning Carasan, Mejin wandered the displays, eventually stopping to examine the ivory and amber carvings of the Na'nuk.

OOC: I'm sorry Morph, I can't do a Jamaican accent. I just can't.

Arutha
2014-03-20, 05:56 AM
Second day: with the priestess and the monk
" well, as I'm sure you both know, some people regard Greata as... The next avatar. I know not what the truth these rumors hold, but I know the monk Paco has been searching for the next avatar, and to have his aid would be... Valuable."

lt_murgen
2014-03-20, 10:41 AM
Jonas wandered around the port town. It was cold, bitterly so, yet he found he did not mind it as much as some. Perhaps their nature as semi-aquatic beings made them a bit more insular in their body heat. He wasn’t invited to this event, despite Paco’s assurances. When he heard that his daughter did not send a delegation, he rationalized that perhaps it was best for him not to attend. His travelling companion chose to go with; being an earth shaman she was fascinated with other religions. He was, for the most part, alone.

The Raanekan ship was in port, and he made friends with the local sailors, sharing stories and passing the time. It was nice to catch up on events. Travelling with Paco had been entertaining for a time. But as his search moved farther and farther north and across the mountains, it had grown tiresome. He missed home. There were time when he felt every one of his 75 years.

"I've gotta convince Paco to take a vacation on the Islands. Even for a few weeks."

Morph Bark
2014-03-20, 05:45 PM
[The Second Day, Night, A Little Later] [Vilindrae, Berta, Greta]

The pair (Vilindrae and Paco) were interrupted when a pair of adults, a near-dwarf, and a child. The woman said"Monk Paco, sister-in-law, it is good to see you. I wish to speak with you, about Greata."

OOC:they arrived day one.

Vilindrae looked up from her silent conversation with monk Paco.
'Berta, my dear. I hope all is well with you, Simovi and Greata. But please, what did you want to talk about?'

Second day: with the priestess and the monk
" well, as I'm sure you both know, some people regard Greata as... The next avatar. I know not what the truth these rumors hold, but I know the monk Paco has been searching for the next avatar, and to have his aid would be... Valuable."

Paco noticed the approaching company a little late, and made up for it with a rather hasty short bow. "Lady Berta." He greeted her. He looked at the child, who couldn't be more than a decade old by his guess. "Hello Greta," he said in a kind voice with a smile below his bushy moustache. "How are you?"

He lifted his head and nodded at Berta. "It is true, many think she might be, largely because your union and thus her birth was done by guidance of the previous avatar." Paco looked at the child again and studied her for a bit, then sank to one knee. "It's kind of late, isn't it Greta? What do you say I walk with you and your mother to your rooms? We can always get to know each other better in the morning, can't we?"

He looked up to the strong women in whose company he was, still on one knee. "With the time of day, I think it's best if we continue after Greta's asleep, or perhaps tomorrow." He rose up and looked around at the High Priestess, and to check of any Genivanans were around. "I've heard that Mosi II's reincarnation has been found as well. A girl of roughly the same age as Greta. I think it would be great for the two of them to meet, perhaps even tomorrow if she's here."

Suddenly remembering he had gotten there by ship, he turned to Berta. "Lady Berta, excuse me, but what transport did you use to come to Sycia?"

Zap Dynamic
2014-03-20, 08:29 PM

Reminded by the talk of the stadium and future games, "Oh! Before I forget, we bring gifts!" Tendaji rummaged through a bag and produced a small black ball. "It's the darndest thing. They drill a coconut, empty the milk, and coat it in this boiling tree sap mixture. Then it sets up like this." He threw the ball at the deck and caught it as it bounced back up to him. "There is a game played with them in the mawa villages, though... I suppose it would be a bit difficult for anyone without some mawa heritage. It involves a lot of swinging and you might need better toes" Tendaji looks down at Lord Ujval's feet. Tendaji also had mostly human feet, but his toes were a bit long. "Ah it's brilliant to watch though, I'll explain the rules to you."* The explanation managed to pass time pretty well while a group of about twelve mawa and genimawa loaded the ship.

A bit later after the anchor was raised... "Shvedrishti? It always amazes me how similar our languages are at..." Tendaji stopped midsentence when he saw Shvedrishti's eyes. They were the same as his fathers, the same as the mashahidi. "Shahidi Zakai! Zakai! Is it him?!" This could very well be too much excitement for an old man. Tendaji grabbed hold of Prince Tikta's shoulder to steady himself. Zakai on the other hand scrambled across the deck to see what all the fuss was about, and immediately fell prostrate before the child.

"Shahidi Mkuu! At last we've found you." In moments they were surrounded by the watafiti.

*I'll explain the rules in full when I finish coming up with them, but imagine Rugby as played by orangutans, with the explicit rule that the ground is out of bounds.

OOC: Tendaji is King, but he doesn't really care about honorifics as applied to himself. This is likely part of why they think he's senile. :smalltongue: Also, Zakai is pronounce Zah-kah-ee, just incase anybody reading is used to Japanese I know you still sneak around Rain Dragon

Lord Ujval accepted the gift and gave it a bounce to test it out. "Marvelous! You must tell me more of this game later." He caught an interested look from Princess Anguri nearby. "Perhaps we could play on the voyage? At least, we could try!"

Later, Prince Tikta's eyes widened at the Genivanans' reactions, but not nearly as much as did Shvedrishti's. She backed up and grabbed her mother's skirts as Prince Tikta steadied Tendaji.

"What troubles you?” He looked to the girl. “Who have you found?"

On the evening of day one...

Näyiop was slightly surprised at the invitation, since Inaun had conveniently forgotten to mention it to him. The surprise quickly turned pleasant however, when the delegation presented themselves. Ever since the incident in Terkova, he had been curious to learn about Raaneki hospitality. While Näiyop processed the turn of events, Inaun was quick to answer "Lady Lomadi, it is good to see you again and Lord Ujval, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. This is Näiyop an Kal, chieftain of the Na'nuk." He continued, gesturing towards the girl who peered curiously at the Raaneki from a few steps behind the two men "And his daughter Bekya." Näiyop bowed deeply himself in response when his advisor presented him, then made an inviting gesture By all means, we would be delighted. Please, let us get out of this cold." As the chieftain's eye fell on the cart behind the royal couple, he realized that today was likely to not remain the only day this week that started with a hangover. But that was something he would worry about in the morning. "Please tell me," he asked Lord Ujval as they walked "I have heard of the Games you host in your land once per generation. How did this custom start?"

OOC: please feel free to invite the Na'nuk someplace or invade their quarters.

The Na'nuk ushered the Raaneki into their quarters, where the Raaneki began to disrobe. They each removed a hat and scarf, long fur coat, and wool jacket before pausing, as if to test the temperature of the room. “You must try our Dharani Amber,” Lord Ujval said, taking up a bottle of burnt orange wine and handing it to Näyiop. “The spirit of our ancestors is strongest in this wine. There is nothing finer in cold weather such as this.” He opened the bottle and sniffed briefly. “Yes. Quite bracing.”

Each of the Raaneki removed a quilted robe to reveal a gorgeous array of silk brocade. One woman wore diaphanous, many-layered skirts, and a silk vest and headdress. A man wore gathered silk trousers with an intricate woven pattern. He wore a vest that could only described as “brazen” on his rotund blue torso. Men and women alike were covered in gold and jewels in the way of brooches, rings, body piercings, necklaces, belts, armbands, headresses, and bracers. More impressive, though, were Lady Lomadi and Lord Ujval.

They had worn the tunics given to them just hours before. Ujval’s green and purple arms were a stark contrast to the blue and orange of the kingfisher, but he cut a handsome figure nonetheless. Lomadi’s arms, slender and grey with delicate red tattoos, made the feathers upon her glow. “We cannot thank you enough,” she said, sincerity beaming from her. “These shall be a dear treasure.”

The other two Raaneki moved to prepare their gifts. “The tale of the Raaneki Games is wondrous,” said Lord Ujval, “and I delight to tell it to you. But first, we must have wine! Share your customs with us, and we shall do the same!”

((“Spirit of the ancestors” is Raaneki terminology for alcohol content. Dharani Amber is basically whiskey. :smalltongue:))

zabbarot
2014-03-21, 11:36 AM

Lord Ujval accepted the gift and gave it a bounce to test it out. "Marvelous! You must tell me more of this game later." He caught an interested look from Princess Anguri nearby. "Perhaps we could play on the voyage? At least, we could try!"

Later, Prince Tikta's eyes widened at the Genivanans' reactions, but not nearly as much as did Shvedrishti's. She backed up and grabbed her mother's skirts as Prince Tikta steadied Tendaji.

"What troubles you?” He looked to the girl. “Who have you found?"

"You are..." Shahidi Zakai trailed off. He supposed it was possible she wasn't. But those eyes. "We will see who you are. There is a way." Zakai reached into his bag and produced three small peppers. "Keto, Sabili, please join me. We will view her true form from Anga Lingine." He sat and two mashahidi joined him cross-legged on the deck. Each ate the osuro. Nothing moved. Their breathing slowed until it was almost imperceptible. Those on the deck stood quiet in a mix of confusion and surprise. The watafiti knew what was going on, but they watched in silent awe.

Meanwhile the three mashahidi manifested under Anga Lingine. The ship and it's passengers were just countless points of light stitched into rough shapes from this side, but not Shvedrishti. She was truly radiant. So much so that it took physical effort not to turn away. She wore a cloak of feathers. The same Mosi had worn. The sign that he carried Mwalimu with him. Mosi? Mosi! Old friend, you've returned. Shvedrishti did not respond or react. She was not yet conscious here.

He is here. I have brought him back safely just as I promised. The voice seemed to surround Zakai, but it was definitely Mwalimu.

Minutes later the mashahidi stirred. Zakai stood weeping tears of joy. "Alizawila tena! Alizawila tena."* The watafiti took up the cry and it wasn't long before Shvedrishti was lifted of her feet and paraded around the deck by a large number of very excited Genivanans.

Tendaji on the other hand was having a hard time handling it. "Prince... I think I'm going to need a drink. And a chair."

*Roughly, "He is born again."

Some assumptions happen here. Basically on the boat ride Shvedrishti is found or at least strongly believed to be the reincarnation of Mosi Nia-Rohana II and thus the de facto head of the Radurjic religion despite her limited memory of her previous reincarnation. She's only 6 so we can cut her some slack :smallwink:

IC feel free to still debate who she is or the reincarnation in general, but OOC she's Mosi, and I've been looking forward to playing her. So with that, I'm hijacking her from you Zap. :smalltongue:
Arrival
The Radurjic entourage entered just behind the Raaneki who had so kindly offered them a ride. There had been some small debate and a short argument that ended in the construction of a palanquin to carry young Shvedrishti on, and then an additional argument when they realized they had to fly up the mountain individually. In the end they got it all sorted out, but Shvedrishti had to walk. Which didn't bother her at all.

In general they had taken the same approach as the Raaneki to cold weather clothing. Lairs and lairs wrapped them up to the point that it was actually quite a bit too warm. It was not long before the were shedding layers just to breathe. The watafiti quickly spread out and began talking to anyone and everyone. The discovery of the reincarnation had them all in good spirits and full of renewed zeal.

King Tendaji on the other hand made his entrance quietly and did his best to enjoy the evening. The idea of a small child being his father... Well it just wasn't... He didn't know what to think.

aspi
2014-03-31, 12:09 PM

The Na'nuk ushered the Raaneki into their quarters, where the Raaneki began to disrobe. They each removed a hat and scarf, long fur coat, and wool jacket before pausing, as if to test the temperature of the room. “You must try our Dharani Amber,” Lord Ujval said, taking up a bottle of burnt orange wine and handing it to Näyiop. “The spirit of our ancestors is strongest in this wine. There is nothing finer in cold weather such as this.” He opened the bottle and sniffed briefly. “Yes. Quite bracing.”

Each of the Raaneki removed a quilted robe to reveal a gorgeous array of silk brocade. One woman wore diaphanous, many-layered skirts, and a silk vest and headdress. A man wore gathered silk trousers with an intricate woven pattern. He wore a vest that could only described as “brazen” on his rotund blue torso. Men and women alike were covered in gold and jewels in the way of brooches, rings, body piercings, necklaces, belts, armbands, headresses, and bracers. More impressive, though, were Lady Lomadi and Lord Ujval.

They had worn the tunics given to them just hours before. Ujval’s green and purple arms were a stark contrast to the blue and orange of the kingfisher, but he cut a handsome figure nonetheless. Lomadi’s arms, slender and grey with delicate red tattoos, made the feathers upon her glow. “We cannot thank you enough,” she said, sincerity beaming from her. “These shall be a dear treasure.”

The other two Raaneki moved to prepare their gifts. “The tale of the Raaneki Games is wondrous,” said Lord Ujval, “and I delight to tell it to you. But first, we must have wine! Share your customs with us, and we shall do the same!”

((“Spirit of the ancestors” is Raaneki terminology for alcohol content. Dharani Amber is basically whiskey. :smalltongue:))
The Na'nuk doff their coats as well, revealing that only the chieftain and his daughter are wearing similar feathered shirts, while the rest of the delegation has apparently already adopted the habit of wearing cotton clothing under their furs. Näiyop accepts the bottle with an appreciative nod and takes in the scent very carefully - the wisdom of this choice becoming apparent to him only moments later as the pungent odor reaches his nose. He hands the bottle to the female guard in his delegation with a gesture to find some glasses. She returns quickly with a set of fine cups that were left in their quarters by the Sycian hosts. She pours out the spirits while the chieftain insists on handing out the cups himself. As he hands out the last cup to Bekya - only filled with a small drop of Amber, for which he earns a rebellious gaze from his daughter - he turns to the Lord and Lady, smilingly "I am delighted that you find the tunics to your liking, you have to thank Inaun for this. He seems to have a much better intuition when it comes to gifts than I do." He raises the cup "We thank you for your kind invitation and the gifts you bring." Smiling roguishly at the ambiguousness he adds "Let the spirits guide us this evening. It has been too long since I have had anything so vitalizing." He drinks the contents of his cup in one go and sighs with a slightly coarse voice "Aah, yes. Far too long indeed."

As his guests finish the preparation of the food, he bids his guards to join them and suggests "But come, let us eat and share stories from our lands." He smiles knowingly "Perhaps we shall start with tales from Raaneka until the warmth of the spirits has entered our bellies and the fire is blazing, before we hear of the North."

Yay, the drought is over. More Empires! :smallsmile:

Lord_Burch
2014-03-31, 08:05 PM
Evening, First Day

Lord David sits at the head of a boat, staring at the monolith that is the Summit. He is at home in these frigid northern waters; a sharp contrast to two of those standing near him. One, Patli Nachutal, a Solusian medicine man, is wrapped in furs and complaining to his Institute companion, Joseph Arrigeti, both physicians at the Arrisyeux Institute of Medicine. The other, a young girl, stares with wide-eyed astonishment at the towering mountain. Lord David, looking upon her, feels a shiver run down his spine.
If this is the Avatar... I stand in the presence of a god. Imagine what will happen when she speaks the runes...

Morph, I assume you want to RP what happens when she reads the scroll?

Zap Dynamic
2014-04-02, 04:21 PM

"You are..." Shahidi Zakai trailed off. He supposed it was possible she wasn't. But those eyes. "We will see who you are. There is a way." Zakai reached into his bag and produced three small peppers. "Keto, Sabili, please join me. We will view her true form from Anga Lingine." He sat and two mashahidi joined him cross-legged on the deck. Each ate the osuro. Nothing moved. Their breathing slowed until it was almost imperceptible. Those on the deck stood quiet in a mix of confusion and surprise. The watafiti knew what was going on, but they watched in silent awe.

Meanwhile the three mashahidi manifested under Anga Lingine. The ship and it's passengers were just countless points of light stitched into rough shapes from this side, but not Shvedrishti. She was truly radiant. So much so that it took physical effort not to turn away. She wore a cloak of feathers. The same Mosi had worn. The sign that he carried Mwalimu with him. Mosi? Mosi! Old friend, you've returned. Shvedrishti did not respond or react. She was not yet conscious here.

He is here. I have brought him back safely just as I promised. The voice seemed to surround Zakai, but it was definitely Mwalimu.

Minutes later the mashahidi stirred. Zakai stood weeping tears of joy. "Alizawila tena! Alizawila tena."* The watafiti took up the cry and it wasn't long before Shvedrishti was lifted of her feet and paraded around the deck by a large number of very excited Genivanans.

Tendaji on the other hand was having a hard time handling it. "Prince... I think I'm going to need a drink. And a chair."

*Roughly, "He is born again."

Some assumptions happen here. Basically on the boat ride Shvedrishti is found or at least strongly believed to be the reincarnation of Mosi Nia-Rohana II and thus the de facto head of the Radurjic religion despite her limited memory of her previous reincarnation. She's only 6 so we can cut her some slack :smallwink:

IC feel free to still debate who she is or the reincarnation in general, but OOC she's Mosi, and I've been looking forward to playing her. So with that, I'm hijacking her from you Zap. :smalltongue:

Prince Tikta waved his hands and a Raaneki brought a chair for Tendaji. "By all means," Tikta said, "sit." It was remarkable, hearing the Genivanans speak in their native tongue. He could only catch snippets of their meaning, but there was an undeniable kinship with the language of the Raaneki. Unaware of the details of the Genivanans' sudden celebration, Lady and Lord called for music and wine.

Prince Tikta opened a bottle of almost colorless wine and handed it to Tendaji. "This is a spring vintage from the town of Suri, where music is valued above all else. Among the Raaneki, it is known to focus one's thoughts. May it bring you calm, Tendaji! As for myself, I am amazed. If I hear your folk correctly, someone has been born? What does this mean?"

Sounds good to me! I considered Shvedrishti "yours" from the get-go, so I tried to avoid giving her too much description. As for debate... it's an interesting question for the Raaneki. I know it will come out in your favor, but it will make for a good opportunity to spell out some of the Raaneki family values. :smallsmile:

The Na'nuk doff their coats as well, revealing that only the chieftain and his daughter are wearing similar feathered shirts, while the rest of the delegation has apparently already adopted the habit of wearing cotton clothing under their furs. Näiyop accepts the bottle with an appreciative nod and takes in the scent very carefully - the wisdom of this choice becoming apparent to him only moments later as the pungent odor reaches his nose. He hands the bottle to the female guard in his delegation with a gesture to find some glasses. She returns quickly with a set of fine cups that were left in their quarters by the Sycian hosts. She pours out the spirits while the chieftain insists on handing out the cups himself. As he hands out the last cup to Bekya - only filled with a small drop of Amber, for which he earns a rebellious gaze from his daughter - he turns to the Lord and Lady, smilingly "I am delighted that you find the tunics to your liking, you have to thank Inaun for this. He seems to have a much better intuition when it comes to gifts than I do." He raises the cup "We thank you for your kind invitation and the gifts you bring." Smiling roguishly at the ambiguousness he adds "Let the spirits guide us this evening. It has been too long since I have had anything so vitalizing." He drinks the contents of his cup in one go and sighs with a slightly coarse voice "Aah, yes. Far too long indeed."

As his guests finish the preparation of the food, he bids his guards to join them and suggests "But come, let us eat and share stories from our lands." He smiles knowingly "Perhaps we shall start with tales from Raaneka until the warmth of the spirits has entered our bellies and the fire is blazing, before we hear of the North."

Yay, the drought is over. More Empires! :smallsmile:

The Raaneki gathered with their hosts and fell into happy conversation. Lady Lomadi gave profuse thanks to Inaun, offering anything--herself included--as a token of her gratitude. Lord Ujval smiled his blessing before draining his own goblet and standing.

"It is to be a night of tales!" he said, casting his tattooed arms wide. "And to begin, we shall share the story of the first Raaneki Games.

"It was long ago beyond count of years, when the first Lady and Lord rose to the Twin Thrones of Raaneka. In those days, the Raaneki were a divided people, gathered around their fires with plots of war and murder for their neighbors. Our hearts have always held flame, you see, but only recently has it been turned toward life and joy."

As he spoke, Lord Ujval touched the tattoos revealed by his plunging neckline. "The first Lady and Lord were Sarvasresthi and Pahale, first and best of the Raaneki. It was they who by slow prudence made mild a rugged and savage people. We were wayward, and they gave us a home. We were rough-hewn, and they bent us toward the useful and the good. May the glory of their memory never fade!"

Lord Ujval touched a small tattoo, shaped like an arrow, in the center of his chest. "They ruled the Raaneki for fifteen years, and long and happy days they were. For the first time in our history, no Raaneki murdered another. The people called for celebration, and Lady and Lord obliged."

His hands unconsciously drifted over his feathered shirt. "My apologies. My own godana continue the tale of the First Lady and Lord, but it is cold outside, and I must needs remove my garb to show you." It may have been a lie, but it was a lie out of respect for the modesty of his guests. "Let it suffice that they sent out heralds to challenge the Raaneki to a contest of prowess. It is said that Sarvasresthi, herself a peerless warrior, yearned in part for the days of violence, and sought the wisdom to bring them back without loss of life for her people. She journeyed to the Miracle Pools in the north of our land, hot springs which heal the body and strengthen the mind."

At this, Lady Lomadi chimed in. "Many heralds went out among the Raaneki when she returned, calling one and all to Bandar of Many Colors for a contest of prowess and skill. All the weapons of the Raaneki were piled outside the city gates, and within there was much revelry and competition. These were the Games, and we Raaneki saw them as a new thing and a great goodness."

Lord Ujval lovingly caressed his wife. "She tells it true. Lady and Lord dedicated the Games to their peaceful unification of the Raaneki, and abdicated their rule at the end of the Games. Since then the Games have been held every fifteen years, for such was the length of Lady Sarvasresthi and Lord Pahale's reign."

With the story finished, Lord Ujval returned to his seat. "But come! Tell us a tale of the north. What is dearest to you? We would hear it gladly if you would but share it with us."

aspi
2014-04-03, 02:12 PM

Inaun's pale complexion darkened with a reddish hue at Lady Lomadi's less than veiled offer. Wondering if his penchant for the lady had been this obvious, he only smiled politely but made no attempt of taking her up on the offer or even asking for anything else in return. Näiyop seemed not to notice or, which was entirely more likely, did not care, and so the mystic drew a relieved breath when Lord Ujval started narrating. While he talked, the chieftain watched the godana tell the tale as much as the man that wore them did. This was a concept he was not familiar with, and he liked it.

After the tale ended, Näiyop nodded and hinted at his guard to fill their cups again "A tale about what is dearest to us in the north..." he laughed "A tale about our lives then and how easily they are lost. And maybe," he looked at his own people with a mysterious expression in his face that revealed the spirits to have loosened his tongue a little "a tale I have not shared with my own companiens before either, to make it interesting for everyone. Let me tell you of my journey to the South that led me to the Green Lands." Bekya drew closer to her father, the curiosity in her eyes betraying the fact that this was a story she longed to hear.

The chieftain turned back towards the Raaneki "Not the whole voyage of course, that would be far too long and, lets be honest, cold and boring. But towards the end of my trip, I had been walking forever. I don't believe I can tell you exactly how long, as in the North, days and nights blend together at times, and the sun never truly rises and never truly sets. As I was nearing the limit of my endurance, feeding only on what I could hunt, I was hungry more often than not, since game became sparser and sparser the further I ventured from the Tears. With little food and nothing but freezing white emptiness around me, I was sure I would die." He smiled thinly "Don't take me wrong, I wasn't afraid of it, it would have been an honorable death to die in the Quest of Enlightenment and dying in the cold is not uncommon. But finally as the cold crept into my coat, much worse than it does on a normal day, I knew that I didn't have much longer. And that's when I saw it in the distance."

He paused, the other Na'nuk listening attentively, expecting him to continue with a patch of green or an oaktree, but instead he went on "A tiger. Maybe one hundred steps away, staring directly at me, his two large teeth glistening with crystals of ice, his mane covered in snow." The Na'nuk gasped but he paid it no attention and continued "I couldn't have run. I could hardly walk. If it had wanted to kill me, I would have had no strength to resist. But it didn't. It stared at me from green, merciless eyes for an eternity, then simply turned away and left. May heart was pounding, any sense of the cold long forgotten and so I kept walking, following the tigers footsteps in the direction it had come from. And when I reached the point where wind and snow had blurred the trail so much that I couldn't follow it anymore, I looked around... only to find myself standing not far from a forest of trees. Tress covered in several feet of snow but more than I had ever seen in my life nevertheless." He fell silent, his own reflectiveness revealing that if he had told this story before, it had been at most once and a very long time ago.

Inaun, who had regained his composure during the first part of Näiyops narration, sat quietly as his the chieftain ended, his face pale and his eyes absent. It was obvious that he too had not heard this story before. He rose and mumbled "Please excuse me." in the direction of Lady Lomadi and Lord Ujval, then left with faltering steps. Näiyop gently touched Bekyas shoulder, causing his daughter to look at him and nod in affirmation, then rise and silently follow the mystic. The chieftain turned to his guests apologetically "Please forgive me for darkening the mood, I should have known how this tale would affect my advisor. I hoped coming here would lessen his preconception towards..." he paused, drew a long breath then started again. "You must know that in our lands, the tiger is the symbol of death and servant to Syivine... Yphine as the Southerners call her. Defeating a tiger in combat is a heroic feat, but being spared by one without combat is traditionally considered to be a bad omen." He deliberately paused to make sure he was using the right words "I do not agree with this interpretation, I believe our views of Syivine are too narrow and that this tiger was a warning to me to not adhere to old prejudice as our people explore the South. It is this belief that has allowed me to accept the High Priestess' invitation but I now see that there is a long way left to go for the Na'nuk. Without this tiger, we would not be your guests tonight. So please, let us finish our drinks." He smiled "I promise that I will try to bring more cheerful stories when we visit your Games in Raaneki."