PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Prestige Class Suggestions.

Metahuman1
2014-03-17, 10:31 AM
So, I'm running a Sorcerer in a game and we've just hit 6th level at the end of yesterday's session.

I've in moving from level 5 to level 6, I took my first level of Mage of the Arcane Order, and intend to see the class through for best access to the spell pool to give me a bit more versatility/adaptability.

And this go me thinking, I'll be finishing up the class at level 15, and going back to sorcerer seems, well, kinda bland. Which leaves me to ask, does anyone have a PrC that will keep me in full casting they can suggest? I'm just finishing for general ideas right now since I've got awhile before I'll actually need it or need to have met pre-requisites for it. =)

MadGreenSon
2014-03-17, 10:41 AM
If you're taking all of the Mage of the Arcane Order levels, the natural next step would seem to be Archmage.

If you get holy by that stage in your career you could get a little Exalted Arcanist. Improve metamagic by picking up some Incantrix levels maybe?

There really are a lot of options depending on your build.

Raezeman
2014-03-17, 10:53 AM
how about abjuring champion (complete mage, 5 levels), depending on some things.
it requires bab 5 (which should be ok at level 15), level 1 spells and at least one abjuration spell , combat casting and proficiency in one martial weapon. Taking martial weapon proficiency might not be worth it, but if you are an elf, you already have proficiency in longswords (and other) which is enough for this, so maybe.

Abjurant champion is best suited for an fighter/caster type build, but also not bad for a regular caster if you have the prerequisites easily fulfilled. It gives full bab, good will save, full casting, and few perks that nicely boost low level abjuration spells.

John Longarrow
2014-03-17, 12:18 PM
Iron will and a couple ranks in tumble will get you dragon slayer. Full BAB / Caster for 1st level PLUS immunity to fear. Not a bad single level dip.

Also a dip in Mindbender for telepaty, then take the feat mindsight is very cool. Both can be done while your advancing in your main pClass to add some versatility.