PDA

View Full Version : Project Quote based worldbuilding 2: the deciphering.

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 01:23 PM
So, given the surprising success of my quote based worldbuilding thread, I think it's high time to start a thread devoted to actually crafting a useable world from these quotes.
I'll repost several quotes, we'll argue and eventually decide what that means for our world.
Even if we have settled something in the old thread, I'm still going to go through the quotes starting with the first ones, just to make things clear.
Let's get started!

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 01:33 PM
I skipped several quotes, as people were still working out how the thread worked.

Sounds fun. I think I'll help.

I have seen Salvation,
And it is carried on the wings of iron angels.

Doge Scalarios Visconti, leader of the Arthean trade Republic, referring to the war machine Salvation as it is carried by airship over Arthean lands.

And for my quote:

Only fools claim that the Light is nothing but good and pure and the denounce the Dark as nothing more than evil and corruption.
But can the light not blind you to the vile acts of evil men?
And can the darkness not protect good men from the eyes of evil?
Airships exist, and are either regarded with awe and perhaps suspicion, or are literally carried on wings.

Only fools claim that the Light is nothing but good and pure and the denounce the Dark as nothing more than evil and corruption.
But can the light not blind you to the vile acts of evil men?
And can the darkness not protect good men from the eyes of evil?

Arch Lector Lether commenting on the recent invention of Flood Lights

and my quote for all to witness:

Is it not that we look for those who hide?
Looking for the ones in the shadows?
How are we mere men not to know the foes we chase,
are in the broad light?
And we've been looking in the wrong place the whole time?

So far, we know that technology has advanced far enough to allow for floodlights.
Electricity? Or something else? Perhaps magic? Also, that Light and Dark are forces in this world. (Religious? Or otherwise.)

"Is it not that we look for those who hide?
Looking for the ones in the shadows?
How are we mere men not to know the foes we chase,
are in the broad light?
And we've been looking in the wrong place the whole time?"

-High Inquisitor Lestrade of Liberai, on the recent revelation of the existence of Changlings

"Bring my Lance and bring my Shield,
No blade is as strong as the vengeance I wield.
Seeking vengeance is wrong say my merciful Lords.
But Vengeance has tempered my sword."

A race(presumably) of folk known as changelings went unknown for a period of time. The opinion of them seems harsh, most regarding them as foes.
Also, that an Inquisition is active, and Liberai is a place.

As Thunderfist (ignore what this said before. I am blind apparently.) seems to have... Run off on a tangent? And stalled the thread, I'll start from the guy before him.

"Bring my Lance and bring my Shield,
No blade is as strong as the vengeance I wield.
Seeking vengeance is wrong say my merciful Lords.
But Vengeance has tempered my sword."

Crusader King Cuthart the First, during his ascension to the Throne of Aldanas

As for my own;

“Servants of the Blind God, the Father of Bastards and Lord of Sin, they guard his folly with their amber gaze. Scarab queens they be, over ruined kingdoms and doomed temples and riches no one will ever see. Afraid of the light of day, they hide in the night where their shadows may play. Daughters of the dark without a word to say.”
Monarchies are present in Adanas, at least, and one King Cuthart has been wronged, presumably over the throne.

“Servants of the Blind God, the Father of Bastards and Lord of Sin, they guard his folly with their amber gaze. Scarab queens they be, over ruined kingdoms and doomed temples and riches no one will ever see. Afraid of the light of day, they hide in the night where their shadows may play. Daughters of the dark without a word to say.”
- Knight Marshall Marcus Caladrius, founder of the Inquisition of Aldanas, on the topic of the cult of Mahanir, the Blind God.

And for my quote:

"I am but a man, a man with too much power at his disposal. Though my enemies call me a tyrant, and my allies have long since abandoned me, not one among you can claim that what I did was not necessary. Yes, my sins are numerous and damning. No, I have no delusions that the gods will not judge me as unfit for anything but the hottest pits of the Nine Hells. What liege before me can claim that his enemies were crushed with such impunity that none were willing to stand before him but his own people? What lord can claim that his vassals live in such a time of peace and prosperity, save for the conflict of their own making? I am needed, in this country... No. I was needed."
The Blind God seems a force of evil, though perhaps not.
Desert related and or based, it seems.
And focused on ruins or relics.

Please share opinions of these quotes, and opinions of my opinion till we hash something out of it. Then I'll post more.

Vedhin
2014-03-17, 01:51 PM
Airships exist, and are either regarded with awe and perhaps suspicion, or are literally carried on wings.

One thing I got from the thread is that while airships are somewhat common, they're still mystifying.
They can be built, but I think they might rely on a "black box" element, likely taken from some ancient ruins.

So far, we know that technology has advanced far enough to allow for floodlights.
Electricity? Or something else? Perhaps magic? Also, that Light and Dark are forces in this world. (Religious? Or otherwise.)

Light, Dark, Shadow, and Void seem to be main forces in the world. I don't really see them as inherently religious; more like traditional alignments. They're the banners various groups fight under.

A race(presumably) of folk known as changelings went unknown for a period of time. The opinion of them seems harsh, most regarding them as foes.
Also, that an Inquisition is active, and Liberai is a place.

The changelings seem much like Eberron changelings to me. Same persecution for being great potential spies, but more hidden.

And it need not be active; the quote was recent relative to learning of the changelings.

Monarchies are present in Adanas, at least, and one King Cuthart has been wronged, presumably over the throne.

No comment here.

The Blind God seems a force of evil, though perhaps not.
Desert related and or based, it seems.
And focused on ruins or relics.

The Blind God is very much a desert god. The desert is subjected to the harsh and burning gaze of the sky's eye, so a sightless god, from other quotes aligned with Darkness (or at least hated by he servants of Light), would be popular in the desert.
It seems interested in preservation of the past. It wants to keep things the way they were, which may bring it into conflict with more progressive forces.
If we assume my "black box" airship theory, then there would be ready-made reasons for the aggression between Blind God follower protecting ruins and others raiding them for Enigma Devices (coining a name).
Scarab Queens are possibly high-ranking servants, and possibly a new kind of creature. Maybe both; it could be a transformation granted to faithful servants.

GreaserFish
2014-03-17, 01:57 PM
#1: It could just be that the Arthean Trade Republic was on its last legs before they perfected their airships, resulting in a turning point in whatever war they were fighting at that point.
#2: Not really sure what that quote has to do with flood lights, despite the attribution. Could just be me, but it seems more like it belongs in a holy book.
#3: Would be unfit to note that, despite regarding the changelings as foes, the Inquisition was unaware that they existed in the first place. Clearly, they were inquisitioning something else.
#4: Cuthart seems to be a bit of a poet. I'll also note that, seeing as he wields a lance, he's likely trained as a rider. Nothing else from me, here.
#5: Seeing as I attributed that quote in the first place, I think I'll refrain from commenting on it. At the request of D20ragon, I'll comment. Mr. Caladrius refers to Mahanir by various titles. The Blind God, the Father of Bastards, the Lord of Sin. This implies that either, A, Mahanir or his cult is claiming a lot of titles for himself that likely shouldn't be attributed to him. Scarab queens and Daughters of the Dark are both attributed to servants of Mahanir, implying a largely female population of followers. They also have an 'amber gaze', I will note, which could imply a racial/cultural situation regarding his worship. Our Knight Marshall also seems to be a bit envious of their wealth, citing "ruined kingdoms and doomed temples and riches no one will ever see." Make of all that what you will, I just feel it ought to be noted.

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 02:00 PM
No please, tell us what you were thinking of. It might help.

GreaserFish
2014-03-17, 02:13 PM
Aight, I edited it into the last post.

Mx.Silver
2014-03-17, 03:07 PM
Light, Dark, Shadow, and Void seem to be main forces in the world. I don't really see them as inherently religious; more like traditional alignments.

I took the opposite perspective: that they were differing religious/spiritual traditions with a fair bit of greyness regarding the overall ethics of each. I dropped out of the original thread after it started to become apparent I was in the minority, both on that issue and the more general matter as to whether this was meant as a generic D&D setting or not.

Not really sure what that quote has to do with flood lights, despite the attribution. Could just be me, but it seems more like it belongs in a holy book.
The original writer of the quote may have thought so to, wheres the attributer disagreed. That was part of the fun, really.

Pokonic
2014-03-17, 03:14 PM
My original thinking on Trolls was that they are a sort of 'big brute' beast person race sort of resembling a humanoid asiatic buffalo with a more humanoid head, with some mixed traits from a bunch of typical DnD baddies (have regeneration like trolls, bovine horns and hooves like minotaurs, war with dwarves like orcs, ect). The thinking on that was that they prefer wetter climates, and are natural omnivores and swimmers, acting in a pretty mild manner when they are not being aggravated by man, and having a relatively violent culture due to fighting among them almost never actually resulting in permanent harm to anyone. Hence, they find the fact that squishy humans scream and pray when they break their legs in the traditional manner of greeting confusing.

Because they can live for pretty much forever and for a long time were thought to be almost impossible to kill, though, they were often harrowed into fighting when they wouldn't otherwise, so there's populations scattered every which way except in there native homelands, at the foot of the dwarven holds.

Also, Dragons seem to be more of another type of monster here, which if fine by me. I would have them as sort of like Tolkien's dragons, intelligent and power, but in the end simply a powerful type of monster. It wouldn't be unfair to say that they could all be related in some way, because of how old and rare they are.

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 03:17 PM
I really like the troll idea :smallbiggrin:

But could we focus on the quotes I've put up?

Mx.Silver
2014-03-17, 03:35 PM
If I might make one other observation, I don't really see a necessary desert connection with the Blind God, beyond the use of the word scarab and that's a bit weak IMO. The Scarab family is pretty large, given that it includes all species of dung beetle, which are found in a wide ranger of habitats. That it generally refers to dung beetles could also be let it be seen as a veiled insult, particularly given the association with ruins and relics - which perhaps members of a more forward thinking church would view as being refuse.

In fact I'd say the fact he's a god of darkness argues against a desert connection. Darkness is not a major factor of desert life, as a rule (no real shade in the day and limited cloud cover means the night is largely going to be dominated by stars and the moon).

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 03:47 PM
I was actually thinking of them as hiding under the sands and in the crypts of the deserts.
So, hiding in the darkness, but still desert based.

Also, bringing up Light, Darkness and Shadow, (not Void yet), how should these things be defined.
Clearly they seem to be forces with physical affects, but at the same time have religious significance.
How do you think we should define them? What are their attributes? How about their worshipers?

HisHolyAngel
2014-03-17, 03:52 PM
The most popular stories in the world are the Tales of Bildor the Fool, and the stories may or may not be true. That's what I got from the thread!:smallbiggrin:

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 04:06 PM
Please, keep to the quotes I've posted for now.
It'll get out of hand otherwise.

Kymme
2014-03-17, 04:31 PM
@The Blind God and deserts - If I might add, perhaps the deserts are located in the northern or southern reaches of the world (maybe dry, sandy tundras or something like that). That might help explain the connection to darkness: the nights are long there, so the lands are often shrouded in darkness that never seems to leave or waver.

Also, bringing up Light, Darkness and Shadow, (not Void yet), how should these things be defined.
Clearly they seem to be forces with physical affects, but at the same time have religious significance.
How do you think we should define them? What are their attributes? How about their worshipers?

I think we ought to use capital letters when speaking out the setting's concepts of Light, Shadow, Darkness, Void, and the like. That way it is easy to see if someone is talking about the concept/religion itself, or just using the word to describe something.

And lastly, the idea of plundering temples to find black boxes to make war machines is extremely interesting and useful as a springboard for adventures.

QED - Iltazyara
2014-03-17, 04:38 PM
People will be rowdy when they're enjoying something like this I guess, want to jump to the parts they know and took part in.

The 'Blind God' quote actually does have desert connotations; it was a direct rip from my of my settings quotations. Considering I have more than a few thousand of them, I just look for one appropriate when I want to post, and that one has stuck near enough to how it was in my setting, interestingly.

As for the Light, Dark and Shadow, I've been seeing them as most definitely religious in nature. The Light, so far, seems obsessed with purging heretics and ensuring worship of only the light. For some higher, great purpose and community. The Dark I picked up on as being more self centred, but not explicitly evil. And most of the quotes dealing with the Shadow were in reference to crusades and inquisitions, or preparing for the Void.

Light should probably deal with Truth and Purity, probably Humans and Dwarves as well, as those (so far) have been the noted light worshiping races. Darkness might have some origin in a desert area, another culture, that was at war with the light worshiping nations (which at this point I consider the former Northmoor Empire, for simplicities sake). Darkness I think would deal with Dishonesty, Greed, whatever the Scarab Queens actually are and... Following desert culture, some form of Jinn or Genie? Power as another aspect, maybe.

Shadow is probably more complex, somewhat tribal and 'cult' based. Not open or obvious, definitely secretive. Secrets, but not dishonesty I think. Probably Preparation, and maybe Family if it turns out to be clannish in nature.

These are, as a note, going on the idea of them being Portfolios for the 'gods', with corresponding Domains if worked into D&D.

On that note, with Mahanir being the only park of the Light, Dark and Shadow referenced as being a god, I think that further lends itself to the self-centred, personal nature of the Dark.

Ionbound
2014-03-17, 04:48 PM
The Blind God is probably the embodiment of the Shadow or Dark. Think of the connotations, which I would list if I wasn't a terribly lazy person.

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 04:52 PM
Hmmmm. I think Mahanir is not actually a god, but rather a Mage powerful enough to be worshiped by many.
Thus lending itself to the self centered aspect of Dark.

GreaserFish
2014-03-17, 05:02 PM
Perhaps Light and Dark are more like Positive and Negative energy than anything else, with Mahanir being some sort of being powered exclusively by it. Could easily lend itself to other powerful beings, outsider or otherwise, powered by one or the other.

Shadow would be sort of like Neutral energy, in a way, even though I can't remember such a thing ever existing. In reality, shadows are the result of light being cast on an object, so perhaps Shadow is sort of a cynical outlook on Light worship, even based in areas with high concentrations of Light worship and utilizing both Light and Dark for that particular sect's goals?

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 05:12 PM
Hmmmm. Sounds ok to me.
Do Light and Dark have separate planes? And if so, what are they like?

GreaserFish
2014-03-17, 05:26 PM
If so, I'd wager that they'd be pretty luminous and pretty stygian, respectively.

Actually, all joking aside...

The Luminous Plane and the Stygian Plane, perhaps? Probably pretty close to the Material plane, seeing as the Edge seems to be within travel distance.

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 05:33 PM
The Edge seems to be the edge of this world(perhaps the world is flat).
So yes, I'd go with that.

Going to add some more quotes for talking material.

Sgt. Cookie
2014-03-17, 05:36 PM
What about Shadow, then? Would it be on the "border" of the Luminous Plane and the Stygian Plane then? If so, what would we call it? The Ubral Plane?

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 05:43 PM
I was actually thinking the Shadow plane might be earth(or whatever.)
A neutral plane, born of the other 2.

"To us the Light was given that the blessed may see;
Do not weep for those whose eyes are burned and blackened.
Let the tears of sorrow be stayed, for they taint this Light,
And Light that is tainted so often turns to Shadow."
- Pontifex Radiant Lucinda Serena; taken from her Zenith Sermon, delivered following the excommunication of the city of Kite's Reach.

"You expect me to be concerned by a mere two thousand men? If he had twenty thousand he would still be no threat! Show me an infantry force that can withstand our airships and I'll find you a smilodon that eats grass."

"You expect me to be concerned by a mere two thousand men? If he had twenty thousand he would still be no threat! Show me an infantry force that can withstand our airships and I'll find you a smilodon that eats grass."
- Unknown general of the Arthean trade Republic, two days before his nation's devastating loss at the Battle of Baranur Bay.

"Traitors! You're all traitors! I'm glad that the Empress is dead, lest she see what corruption her people have allowed to live! How can the lot of you just sit by and let yourselves fall into such depravity? Nobles, commoners, I don't care. You are all traitors and I will personally drag you out into the streets to make an example of you. I will not see this treason go unpunished while I yet draw breath!

Traitors! You're all traitors! I'm glad that the Empress is dead, lest she see what corruption her people have allowed to live! How can the lot of you just sit by and let yourselves fall into such depravity? Nobles, commoners, I don't care. You are all traitors and I will personally drag you out into the streets to make an example of you. I will not see this treason go unpunished while I yet draw breath!

From the play Fallen glory by Lenin Risen, said by the empresses' Bodyguard. The play was based off the recent assassination of the empress and the attempted coup though the play was not preformed for nearly 200 years.

"Tiger 1 was dashed upon the rocks,
high upon the mountain.
her glory never faded,
her armour never failed.
No man could sink her in battle.
Our enemies used treachery to bring her down to earth.

Will you meet your predecessors glory,
will you meet similar fate?
now you sail into the skies
will you come back down?
now you sail for the horizons
will you return with news?

Tiger 2 was captained by a heretic
and for this failure smite from the skies
her once glorious storied marred by failure.
though her armour never failed
no mortal bring her low
the heretic will ever threaten us.

will you come back down?

Tiger 3 went up beyond
beyond all that is known
her courage never faltered
her armour never buckled
but she has to return from far on high
will she ever come back down to her people

will you come back down?

Tiger 4 sailed on and on
beyond all horizons, sailing onto the unknown
her crew never turned
her course never changed
She has to come back from the other horizon
will she ever come back to our world?

will you come back down?

Now Tiger 5 you take up the mantle
of those have gone
will you lead unto glory
or to fall in war?
will the enemy ever see
or will you fail us?

I'll try this.

"Tiger 1 was dashed upon the rocks,
high upon the mountain.
her glory never faded,
her armour never failed.
No man could sink her in battle.
Our enemies used treachery to bring her down to earth.

will you come back down?

Tiger 2 was captained by a heretic
and for this failure smite from the skies
her once glorious storied marred by failure.
though her armour never failed
no mortal bring her low
the heretic will ever threaten us.

will you come back down?

Tiger 3 went up beyond
beyond all that is known
her courage never faltered
her armour never buckled
but she has to return from far on high
will she ever come back down to her people

will you come back down?

Tiger 4 sailed on and on
beyond all horizons, sailing onto the unknown
her crew never turned
her course never changed
She has to come back from the other horizon
will she ever come back to our world?

will you come back down?

Now Tiger 5 you take up the mantle
of those have gone
will you lead unto glory
or to fall in war?
will the enemy ever see
or will you fail us?
-Farseeker's blessing upon the fifth airship named Tiger upon its maiden voyage on the Radiant Conquest

"I don' care where ya got 'em. I'm done wit' em. Tha' was a dark part o' my life tha's best behind me. There's evil in them crystals."

"I don' care where ya got 'em. I'm done wit' em. Tha' was a dark part o' my life tha's best behind me. There's evil in them crystals."
-Alog Ranh, merchant and former adventurer, after being offered some duskblaze crystals.

"I shall not stop, for I know of none who would take my place. And if one would take my place, I wish to spare them that living hell."

"I shall not stop, for I know of none who would take my place. And if one would take my place, I wish to spare them that living hell."

- Parting words of the Grand Knight Alexander Braggson, who was last seen chasing after The Great Beast Asteroth.

"Did you see those two girls running around the forest? Not a pair I've seen before, dressed oddly too. Might be apprentices of Grenda, but the old witch hasn't been seen for weeks now.

"Did you see those two girls running around the forest? Not a pair I've seen before, dressed oddly too. Might be apprentices of Grenda, but the old witch hasn't been seen for weeks now.
-Trellen Barrelbreaker, near the site of a Shadow-shaman's circle

(This is shaping up to be really cool)

Don't ever let them talk you into it. Once they do, you start slipping, saying things you never thought, doing things you never would, until no light can save you from them. Don't ever let them talk you into it like they did to me."

Don't ever let them talk you into it. Once they do, you start slipping, saying things you never thought, doing things you never would, until no light can save you from them. Don't ever let them talk you into it like they did to me."
Last thing heard from the Doge of the Arthean trade Republic, said to Grand Knight Alexander Braggson. (Yes they reference the earlier mentioned people. Connections needed.)

Now, make this one go in a direction so unexpected please!

The flora here is quite safe. But avoid going too deep into the forest. There are rumors of the trees walking! But there are also rumors of people living in the depths, hunters who know all the plants and animals there, and they're friends with them all. Just not with others.

The flora here is quite safe. But avoid going too deep into the forest. There are rumors of the trees walking! But there are also rumors of people living in the depths, hunters who know all the plants and animals there, and they're friends with them all. Just not with others.

The famous 'explorer' (though he'd never call himself that he preferred adventuring cartographer) Jonisa Crang in the new world commenting on the jungle

no keep it as doge king doesn't ring right to me

"deep within the boundaries, I swear I saw it, I swear, A ship made of Iron beached among the Tree's I couldn't tell it's name but it's a Arial warship. I'm not delirious, I saw it, An Aracned at least, Possibly a Georgia, but I think the hull was too long, Probably an Americ, maybe even a Tiger or Blasphemy.

"deep within the boundaries, I swear I saw it, I swear, A ship made of Iron beached among the Tree's I couldn't tell it's name but it's a Arial warship. I'm not delirious, I saw it, An Aracned at least, Possibly a Georgia, but I think the hull was too long, Probably an Americ, maybe even a Tiger or Blasphemy.
-Pell Norgad, after investigating the one of the ancient ruins of the Arial Protectorate.

"The servants of Darkness are bad enough, but the proponents of Shadow have the audacity to combine Darkness with the Light! Only the gods know why such abomination came to be."

All right. Take us away!

GreaserFish
2014-03-17, 05:43 PM
I don't think that Shadow really deserves its own plane if it's just an expression of the combination of Light and Dark. Maybe the Luminous and Stygian Planes are sort of like overlays on the Material that can be accessed similarly to the Astral Plane? If so, the Umbral/Tenebrous Plane could be a sort of pseudo-plane that truly exists as the border between them, with the Edge serving a similar purpose with the Material and the various Elemental/Divine Planes.

EDIT: Caught me right as I posted this. Comments below.

#6: Three things really catch my burned and blackened eye, here. One, 'Pontifex Radiant' appears to be another rank in the Inquisition. Knight Marshall is another one, as I recall, based on that guy complaining about the Blind God. Two, Zenith Sermon may be some kind of traditional thing associated with number Three, the fact that an entire town was excommunicated. Where is Kite's Reach? Why was it excommunicated? I have few things to speculate about here, and more things to inquisit.
#7: Again, I attributed this one, so I'll try to explain where I was coming from. We already know that the Artheans had airships, which would rather logically be strong against infantry units armed with sword and shield. Assuming they are so armed. However, the guy speaking really struck me as too arrogant, so I knocked him down a peg, and I think I started a running joke where people certain of their victory would be defeated in a huge upset/devastating battle. I'll note that smilodons, big saber toothed cats, seem to be a well-known thing here.
#8: A dramatization of real events, eh? How much is true and how much is propaganda? Clearly, the attempted coup was foiled by someone or other, seeing as the fact that it was specified to have been attempted. By the Empress's bodyguard, quite possibly. Have to wonder why it wasn't preformed until two hundred years later if the coup was foiled. It is stated to have been written rather recently after the Empress's death, so perhaps her successor banned its performance out of respect for the late Empress.
#9: I'll be honest and say that every time I've tried to read this, my interest failed quickly. Clearly, though, Tiger 5 is going to come crashing down somehow, if the patterns established before are any indication.
#10: Alog has some kind of history with Duskblaze crystals. Also seems to think they're dangerous. No clue why. Not much to go on, here.
#11: Clearly Asteroth is some kind of extremely powerful entity. Likely on par with the Tarrasque, or this setting's analogue to it. With the title 'Grand Knight', Mr. Braggson might have been an Inquisitor. Other than that, I don't have much to say.
#12: Trellen doesn't really seem so important to this quote that he couldn't be replaced with 'A local of Villageville upon being questioned', so the concept of a Shadow Shaman is likely much more important. Some kind of Shadow aligned druid sect, maybe?
#13: This one references Mr. Braggson, likely before he took up the chase for the beast Asteroth. Makes me think that the beast isn't exactly a target of the Inquisition. However, I want to know what it is that has Mr. Doge so worried. I'll also take this moment to note that the recent 'doge' meme always confuses me because my first thought upon reading 'doge' is of Italian royalty.
#14: Once again, I'm more interested in a portion of the attribution than the actual quote or quotee. This 'New World' interests me, but I don't think many people actually toyed around with it. I'll need to fix that at some point.
#15: An ironclad airship? Perhaps an ancient one, if it's in ruins. I can't remember if the Arial Protectorate was anything before this quote, but it interests me. Perhaps they own the ruins that were scavenged for technology, if that's the route we're going down.

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 05:45 PM
Think my opinion got missed, but the Material plane could be the Shadow plane.
It would fit with the whole "shadow magic as natural magic" thing.

GreaserFish
2014-03-17, 06:12 PM
Shadow magic is Arcane, then? Also, I'll note that I once again added my opinions on those quotes to my last post.

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 06:19 PM
Seems like duskblaze crystals are powerful and addicting, perhaps a drug.
Maybe they grant temporary Shadow magic?

QED - Iltazyara
2014-03-17, 07:48 PM
I can confirm the Arial Protectorate did not exist before that quote; I've been over the thread enough when I was assembling the name list. Which I should probably update again.

They also never really came up again, as for the New World; in all honesty 90% of the quotes relate to what I can only see as a very close gathering of nations, all of which are influenced by the church of the Light. There are a couple which don't call it the new world, one of them mine I think, but do reference a far off unknown land.

I agree with the Tiger 5 thing; It's good fluff, but reading it is slow.

The Shadow-Shaman part of quote #12 is the first of several that make me think Shadow Worship is tribal. Maybe the original religion, but the other two came about when magic advanced enough to summon/gain access to Luminous Plane and the Stygian Plane?

I think the usage of 'Doge' is actually meant to imply an Italian style of culture, based on the Venician Trade Empire of the Medieval era. But being a republic a 'Doge' would be more of a family head than a king, no royal family and all.

I have the following titles/ranks for the Inquisition and the Church of the Light: Knight Marshall (Aldanian), Arch Lector, Inquisitor, Grand Inquisitor, Pontifex Radiant, Brother (assumibly there are 'sisters' as well), Servant of the Light and Defender of Souls (This is likely some grand champion) and Magus Fluorescent.
Also to be noted is that there are two Inquisitions; the Aldanians, who seem to have started with Cuthart the Crusader? and Liberai, which appears to be older.

I like the idea of the Shadow Plane being the Material Plane, to some definition of 'material' For all we know right now it could turn out that this place is really just the Shadow Plane reflection of a Prime Material Plane. Being a plane rather than a planet leaves more understandable reason for the Void and Edge of the World as well.

Duskblaze crystals definitely sound like some form of drug; but with them being offered to a generic 'adventurer' they may just be general enhancement drugs, rather than purely magical. He certainly didn't speak like most spell casters would.

Edit: Also, I think rather than dumping quotes from the thread it might be better to try and decipher a topic from the thread, using whatever relevant quotes exist. The current method leaves us discussing pieces that have been expanded upon, often extensively.

D20ragon
2014-03-17, 07:56 PM
I shall do that. Let's start with the topic: The Nature of the World. Everyone, your homework is to collect the posts that specifically mention the nature of the world, or it's nations, and post them here.
Thanks!

Sgt. Cookie
2014-03-17, 08:07 PM
Actually, when I used the term "Doge" I simply meant to imply that it was a different government style, compared to the bog standard feudal system of Kings and Dukes and the like which people are far more familiar with.

But, you're also right in that, as a Republic, the Atheans don't have royalty, but rather an elected ruler. Being a republic and all.

Although, going the whole hog and having an Italian-like fantasy culture sounds both awesome and rare.

Mx.Silver
2014-03-17, 08:30 PM
#6: Three things really catch my burned and blackened eye, here. One, 'Pontifex Radiant' appears to be another rank in the Inquisition. Knight Marshall is another one, as I recall, based on that guy complaining about the Blind God. Two, Zenith Sermon may be some kind of traditional thing associated with number Three, the fact that an entire town was excommunicated. Where is Kite's Reach? Why was it excommunicated? I have few things to speculate about here, and more things to inquisit.

I might be able to clarify this a bit. Pontifex is a real title, originally signifying membership of the highest level of the priesthood in ancient Rome, later adopted as ways of referring to higher ranking Catholic clergy. The term 'pontifex maximus' is still used to refer to the Pope, for instance.
The idea was that she's somewhere around the upper or top level of the Church of Light.

The Kite's Reach excommunication was something I touched on a bit in a later quote attribution, so that discussion of what may have triggered it will probably hinge on that a bit. I don't think it was ever given a location while I was still in the thread, although someone might have brought it up later.

Vedhin
2014-03-18, 08:15 AM
I was actually thinking the Shadow plane might be earth(or whatever.)
A neutral plane, born of the other 2.

All right. Take us away!

Eh, Shadow doesn't seem like that much of an independent entity.

On the duskblaze crystals: I thought of them more as some rare gemstone than anything with use. If anything, the might be magical "batteries" used to power technology.

I think the New World mentioned should be exactly that-- a world.

Also, the Arial Protectorate was something I invented right there.

Shyftir
2014-03-18, 05:09 PM
Also, the Arial Protectorate was something I invented right there.

And the Arial Remnant was something I invented as a response to the idea that the Protectorate had fallen, perhaps a Secret Society made up of their descendants hoping to bring their people back to power?

Also I noticed this:

"So, you challenge me? You are but a callow boy, and I am the greatest champion this nation has ever known. Come at me, fool!"
Quintok, savior of the emperor after being revealed as a fake by a callow boy named Donovan.

Later on I threw out a character named Captain Donovan Marcel. I think these should officially be the same person.

Man on Fire
2014-03-20, 06:46 PM
Might contribute a bit, based on some of things I contributed to

"Lady Protector Zaea shall be here before end of the month. Ashuktar the Void Father might arrive even sooner. The Blind Sorcerer and King of Jackals are waiting for them to clash, each for his own reasons. And now you're telling me that Starlight Sorcerer himself is heading this way. If I may be bold, my liege, we are f***ed beyond belief."
- Attributed to Agni Stoutheart (Later titled the 'Molten Bearded'), accomplished dwarven solder and soon to be Grand High Shield Xlll Of The Stone Throne, talking to his soon to be ex-commander, the Grand High Shield Xll Of The Stone Throne (Duran Axehead, also known post mortemly as 'The Shrieking Flame').

Grand High Shield XIII Of The Stone Throne Agni Stoutheart the "Molten Bearded" and his predecessor and commander Grand High Shield Xll Of The Stone Throne Duran Axehead the :Shrieking Flame".
Balith Faka, 'King of Jackals' who is also mentioned here.

"I felt something shift to murder in me. I felt like an outlaw, a psychic outlaw, and nobody could stop me." -- Balith Faka, the self-styled 'King of Jackals' and wielder of the Crystal Shards of Nduimi

Ashuktar the Void Father, also mentioned here.

"Before the High King Galantr the Eight-Eyed was, I was. And though the first and the second Sisaun of Greenrowan, both self-styled Sorcerer-Queens of my city, are dust in their tombs, I still rule Brasshaven, as I have from the very beginning -- from the shadows. There are many ambiguities, many unsolved mysteries in life, but know this one indisputable truth: THIS CITY IS MINE."
- Ashuktar the Void Father

Through he apparently lived much, much longer than usual creatures. Rules Brasshaven, from the shadows, or so he claims.

Blind Sorcerer - only mentioned here

"I apologize brethren, but the light you serve is not as good as you think. Just as sunlight concentrated in a magnifying lens will kill an ant, your light will kill the world. You are good men at heart, and this pains me so, but you have unwittingly assisted the Void."
-Julia Amitage, sister of Blind Sorcerer, to her brother's killers.
Which also places his sister, Julia Amitage on the list.

Lady Protector Zaea, Binder-Queen of Liberai, also mentioned twice three times

"Well, look at you. Great Lady Protector. Who would have thought? Have we met a year ago, you would be just a cruel, spoiled girl, wanting nothing more but to impress her daddy. And I... I would be sitting on that throne. With scepter in one hand, royal apple in the other, ring on my hand and crown on my head. I would reach my hand to you, offering alliance and friendship. Oh how beautiful we would be, your mad flame next to my darkness... But a lot can happen in a year, don't you agree? People who dethroned me have been crushed under your feet. Those, who would avert their eyes when I was chopping one head after another, now eat at your table. My loyal servants have been hanged alongside traitors, all nothing more but nuisances to you. And that failure of a husband of mine...at least he made you pay for that throne. Lovely scars, by the way. And myself? What do you see, when you look at me? A broken toy, discared and forgotten? A shadow of proud woman I once were? Reminder of times long gone? Stupid girl that didn't knew, when is time to give up? Bad joke nobody finds funny anymore? Just another madwoman from the streets? Maybe I'm all of it. Maybe I'm even less... Oh, and one more thing...I want my throne back, you b**ch."

- A magical message sent to Lady Protector Zaea, Binder-Queen of Liberai, upon her (suddenly suspect) pact-coronation.

and

"Forget the casters! Charge!"
-An order from Lady Protector Zaea / bound vestige Andras, during the extermination campaign of the Scarab Queens, turning her cavalry unit's attention away from the sorcerer vs Scarab swarm squadrons just overhead.

and

"At one time, the Church of Light and the "Blasphemers" who follow the Dark were once one and the same Church. Indeed, it was only within the last few centuries that they split, creating the current situation we are now in.

That, of course, is common knowledge. But what isn't is that the schism was political in nature, rather than spiritual, as the Inquisitors would have you believe. No one knows the exact reason, but it was certainly not the one you were taught."-The Creature Moloch, speaking to his mistress, Lady Protector Zaea, Binder-Queen of Liberai

- Binder
- Her father was apparently somebody important, whom she wanted to impress
- described as spoiled, cruel and mad, through source of this information might be unreliable
- Took over Liberai from forces who dethroned previous ruler (potential antagonist to futher develop?), she disposed both the rebels and loyalists, which suggest she played for the third side or just her own.
- Has some sort of scars, somewhere visible - either she doesn't care to conceal them, or they are hard to hide
- Participated in campaign against Scarab Queens as well as some conflict against Void Father (maybe these two were one and the same?)
- Controls or controled being called Creature Moloch

Starlight Sorcerer, also mentioned here

"To hold the Name, young wizard, is to have power over the Thing. Thus we do not ask 'What is your name?', but rather, 'What shall I call you?'. It is a matter of respect."
-Unknown wizard, to the boy who would become known as the Starlight Sorcerer.

and here

"Do I serve the light or the darkness? Neither. Neither have the honour to be called "master".

I have walked the brightest paths to find the greatest of gardens, but I have also found those paths stained with innocent blood.

I have found the dark places where the wretched and the vile work to destroy life, but those places also have beauty that nothing in the light could ever match.

Walk my paths, trace my steps. Live as I lived. Then you will know why I serve neither; but gladly give respect to both."
-the Starlight Sorcerer, to one of the few to find him.

Also, from words of his originator

Chiming in as the one who originated this character, the "feared and dreaded" part is not so much from what the Starlight Sorcerer would do, but from him not appearing unless things are as Agni Stoutheart said.
And he has no special connection to the Shadow; he sides with all and with none.

- Possibly had a mentor at one point, or so at least might be implied by unknown wizard quote
- Apparently, at the time of conflict between Zaea and Void Father he is regarded as some sort of sign of incoming doom, because he doesn't get involved unless situation is really, really bad.
- Hard to find
- "He sides with all and with none"

Also, it seems this setting has some sort of true names.

Vedhin
2014-03-21, 09:08 AM
Starlight Sorcerer, also mentioned here

and here

- Possibly had a mentor at one point, or so at least might be implied by unknown wizard quote
- Apparently, at the time of conflict between Zaea and Void Father he is regarded as some sort of living legend and dreaded, at least by the dwarves, who find his coming a bad thing
- Hard to find
- Possible connection to the Shadow?

Chiming in as the one who originated this character, the "feared and dreaded" part is not so much from what the Starlight Sorcerer would do, but from him not appearing unless things are as Agni Stoutheart said.
And he has no special connection to the Shadow; he sides with all and with none.

Man on Fire
2014-03-21, 02:51 PM
Fixed. I also added your words to the informations.

I think of either developing character of previous ruler of Liberai, the one who spoke first quote connected to Lady Protector Zaea (see spoiler abover, that long, long speech)...unless somebody can point an already existing character, who could absorb this role

Sgt. Cookie
2014-03-31, 11:26 AM
While the forums were down, I thought of something I probably should have mentioned.

In the Arthean Trade Republic, a couple of "Patricians" were mentioned and I clarified their position as the head of a Great Family.

What I forgot to mention is that Patrician refers to a male head of a family. As a result, if the family head was female then she would be referred to as "Matrician", which technically doesn't exist as a word. This because, historically speaking, there was no such thing as a Matrician. The word "Patrician" actually refers to families of the ruling classes of Ancient Rome.

We're just refurbishing the word for our own purposes.

GreaserFish
2014-03-31, 12:21 PM
I will note that patrician, before the Italian merchant-nobility, referred to Roman aristocracy and, if I am not mistaken, could refer to female members of the aristocracy as well.

Vedhin
2014-03-31, 12:31 PM
I think of either developing character of previous ruler of Liberai, the one who spoke first quote connected to Lady Protector Zaea (see spoiler abover, that long, long speech)...unless somebody can point an already existing character, who could absorb this role

I think I'll go through and reupdate QED - Iltazyara's work. That ought to help some.
Edit: Mine will include links to the other thread, for easy reference by subject.

Nine pages down!

Green text indicates association with the above entry.

Aldanas
Crusader King Cuthart the First 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16926250&viewfull=1#post16926250)
Knight Marshall Marcus Caladrius 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16928747&viewfull=1#post16928747)
Clarice Montfort, Magus Fluorescent 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16962664&postcount=63)
Liriak 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974466&postcount=104)
Skypirate Gandlow 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992073&postcount=115)

Arthea
Doge Scalarios Visconti 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16919110&viewfull=1#post16919110)
Unknown general 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16931533&viewfull=1#post16931533)
Grand Knight Alexander Braggson 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16934365&viewfull=1#post16934365) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935191&viewfull=1#post16935191) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16962421&viewfull=1#post16962421) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968879&postcount=82)
Unnamed Doge 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935191&viewfull=1#post16935191)
Explorers 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Archmage Matrius Braggson 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16962958&postcount=64)
Unnamed Doge 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16962958&postcount=64)
Captain Korriandor Esla 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963087&postcount=66)
The father of Helfios "Cataclysm" Threaban 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16964587&postcount=69)
Filio Lauani 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16964904&postcount=70)
Patrician Aurio Claveli 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970412&postcount=93) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971388&postcount=96)
Jenhook Fillarvi 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16972114&postcount=99)
Skypirate Febrazio Viscont 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992073&postcount=115)
Grand Swordmasters 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17094570&postcount=157)

Liberai
High Inquisitor Lestrade 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16922476&viewfull=1#post16922476)
Quintok 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16953683&viewfull=1#post16953683)
Captain Donovan Marcel 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16953683&viewfull=1#post16953683) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085879&postcount=151) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17195683&postcount=224)
Karl 'Steel-hands' Finch 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16956449&viewfull=1#post16956449)
Lady Protector Zaea, Binder-Queen 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17068951&postcount=141) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083008&postcount=144) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17180884&postcount=213) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17185521&postcount=216) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17267931&postcount=245)
Zaea's predeccessors 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17068951&postcount=141)
Moloch 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17185521&postcount=216)
Countess Irina 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17267931&postcount=245)

Arial
Grand Librarian Tercel 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16942982&viewfull=1#post16942982)

Northmoor
Lord Marcus Saelthen XII 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16928898&viewfull=1#post16928898) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970197&postcount=91) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17091819&postcount=156)
Dailan Phable 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16961831&viewfull=1#post16961831)
House Winlum 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16961831&viewfull=1#post16961831)
Harrag 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066576&postcount=140)

Kharaksir, the Dwarven Nation
Borog Gromil 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966965&postcount=76)
King Huk'tah Gone 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16969167&postcount=86) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17077774&postcount=142)
Mordruil 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971724&postcount=98) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17016254&postcount=130)
Dwarf leek merchant 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974192&postcount=101)
Prince Edros 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974357&postcount=103)
Agni Stoutheart the Molten Bearded, Grand High Shield XIII Of The Stone Throne 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17180884&postcount=213)
Dur'krath 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17077774&postcount=142)
Ormal 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085029&postcount=149)
Farragut Bluemason 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104826&postcount=176)
Duran Axehead the Shrieking Flame, Grand High Shield XII Of The Stone Throne 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17180884&postcount=213)

Vilend Empire
Valcariosu Fallund (Oth) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971404&postcount=97)
Unknown Vilend scribe 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109)

Religious Figures
Pontifex Radiant Lucinda Serena 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16929303&viewfull=1#post16929303)
Brother Mikal 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935877&viewfull=1#post16935877)
High Priest Haggari 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16942986&viewfull=1#post16942986)
Aramai, Father of the Clan (Mahanir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16943454&viewfull=1#post16943454) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16965872&postcount=72) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17023530&postcount=132)
High Priests of the Light (The First Light) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16943454&viewfull=1#post16943454)
The Great Blasphemer 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16958557&viewfull=1#post16958557) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966556&postcount=75) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17185226&postcount=215)
Vorash Negothrad (Asteroth)
Sir Galifallin, Paladin of the Light (The First Light) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16958559&viewfull=1#post16958559)
Unnamed priest (Mahanir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16959196&viewfull=1#post16959196)
Typhus Aurelius, Servant of the Light and Defender of Souls, Lord of the Blades and King of the Shields (The First Light) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16961831&viewfull=1#post16961831) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106)
Albus Mendicore (He Who Was Lost In Shadow) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16962324&viewfull=1#post16962324)
Blasphemer #4286/Tarredar Shadecloak (Mahanir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16962559&postcount=62)
Light-Priest from ages past 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966485&postcount=74)
Servant of Mahanir 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966485&postcount=74)
Bishop of Norforn 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968561&postcount=78)
Malthus "the Shaper" (Argonite heretic) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968787&postcount=80)
Cultists of Baranur Port 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970766&postcount=95)
Jehsso Longtree (Argonite) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16972420&postcount=100)
Mayor of Brasshaven (He Who Was Lost In Shadow) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106)
Drahmus (Mahanir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109)
Kamadon Longaxe, dwarven Shadow Knight (He Who Was Lost In Shadow) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16984456&postcount=113) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098765&postcount=163)
Voidbringer Mef/Inquisitor Hendris Polo 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995337&postcount=117)
Luthar Tyrol (Lightbringer Numenlark) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Voidbringer Mef 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17023530&postcount=132)
The Voidcaller 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17081054&postcount=143)
Manethios (He Who Was Lost In Shadow) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17084180&postcount=148)
Vekel the Blind (see link) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085861&postcount=150)
Dark Blasphemer 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17094847&postcount=158)
Ostwin Almos, first of the Commoner Knights (Those with Eyes to See) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17094847&postcount=158)
Pontifex Radiant Silas Imarago 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162)
Cosimo 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162)
Prototype Macro-Centurion Alpha (The Forgegod) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103402&postcount=170)
Ashuktar the Void Father 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17117285&postcount=178) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17180884&postcount=213)
Seer-Hunter Telamaahus 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17143021&postcount=197)
High Praetor of the cult of Offakim 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17170965&postcount=201)
Void Knight Eckhart the Bloody 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17175591&postcount=206)
Storak Danai, High Commouner of the Church of the Roaring Beast 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17177926&postcount=210)
High Inquisitor Shaloran 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17185226&postcount=215) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17221772&postcount=232)
Maeli Bloodtongue, ex-priest of the Light, founder of the Dark Children, and agitator of the Dawn Wars 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17195057&postcount=223) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17221772&postcount=232)
Pontifex Radiant Brian Sunmaker 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17209228&postcount=230)
The Penitent Poet 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17218297&postcount=231)
Pontifex Radiant Chester Gilson 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17259497&postcount=244)
Scarab Queen Silemarasin (Mahanir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17300535&postcount=248)
High Luminant Richard Brown, Guaridan of the Princes Crown 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17300535&postcount=248)

Unaffiliated
Shalas the Ruthless/Undying 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16936052&viewfull=1#post16936052) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16958480&viewfull=1#post16958480) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085880&postcount=152)
Starlight Sorcerer 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16942349&viewfull=1#post16942349) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16962523&postcount=61) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17034906&postcount=135) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17180884&postcount=213) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17241263&postcount=237)

Unknown
Lord George Ozborn 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16919105&viewfull=1#post16919105)
Arch Lector Lether 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16919339&viewfull=1#post16919339)
Lenin Risen 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16932662&viewfull=1#post16932662)
Empress 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16932662&viewfull=1#post16932662)
Empress' Bodyguard 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16932662&viewfull=1#post16932662)
Alog Ranh 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16934323&viewfull=1#post16934323)
Trellen Barrelbreaker 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16934604&viewfull=1#post16934604)
Grenda 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16934604&viewfull=1#post16934604)
Jonisa Crang 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935385&viewfull=1#post16935385)
Pell Norgad 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935863&viewfull=1#post16935863)
Vrandei scout
Spirit of unknown origin 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935998&viewfull=1#post16935998)
Grand Inquisitor Julius Amatius 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935998&viewfull=1#post16935998)
Tobias Martin 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16940859&viewfull=1#post16940859)
Cunedda the Dour 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16940859&viewfull=1#post16940859)
Dragon King 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16942204&viewfull=1#post16942204) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17240260&postcount=236)
Duke Vantour 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16942204&viewfull=1#post16942204)
"Maximillian" 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16942204&viewfull=1#post16942204)
Unknown 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16945403&viewfull=1#post16945403)
Kine Hearthshire 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16955339&viewfull=1#post16955339) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17240260&postcount=236)
Unknown wizard 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16962523&postcount=61)
Renegade wizards 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963049&postcount=65)
A nameless old man 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963093&postcount=67)
A being whose name has been stricken from history 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963093&postcount=67)
Relphlin Recneo 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16964486&postcount=68)
Helfios "Cataclysm" Threaban 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16964587&postcount=69)
Captain Temphos, Scourge of the Silver Sea 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968380&postcount=77)
Sir Girrion 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968934&postcount=84)
Silvantus 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968934&postcount=84)
John Blackwood 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16969167&postcount=86)
The Mad Hermit of Shadow's Folly Marsh, Druid of the Damned 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16969572&postcount=87)
General Tobias Harrenga 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16969713&postcount=88)
Hidrek Cornelous 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970571&postcount=94)
The brother of Hidrek Cornelius 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970571&postcount=94)
Sazazind 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971724&postcount=98) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103346&postcount=169)
Trakhud 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16972420&postcount=100)
Nightguardsman Doormatic 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974328&postcount=102)
Shadebearer Xersus 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974466&postcount=104)
Tyrius Brisbeern 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977988&postcount=107)
Tenin Brianson 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978194&postcount=108)
Sir Alavor Tensino 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16982844&postcount=110)
Alaven 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16982844&postcount=110)
Klis'tho 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16982844&postcount=110)
Scotty 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16983339&postcount=111)
Forneus Silverbriar 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16991456&postcount=114)
Anonymous captain 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992525&postcount=116)
Young Girl 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992525&postcount=116)
Lieutenant Margus Altimor 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16997421&postcount=119)
Captain Jionus Thuspar 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17001698&postcount=120)
Julia Amitage 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17009878&postcount=121)
The Blind Sorcerer 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17009878&postcount=121) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17180884&postcount=213)
Sylvia Inkweaver 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17012846&postcount=126)
The Midnight Soldier 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17012983&postcount=127)
Unnamed robed being 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17014645&postcount=129)
Unknown Hunstman 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17024398&postcount=133)
Captain Velerelev 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17031638&postcount=134)
First Mate Harrand Coloc 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17031638&postcount=134) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17065369&postcount=138)
Jaron Goodnight 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060110&postcount=136)
The Grand Abbot of the Hidden Halls 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137)
Durran Coloc 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17065369&postcount=138)
Duran Meadhall 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083035&postcount=145)
Shalatan, the Mad Mage 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083067&postcount=146) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17120914&postcount=186) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17294779&postcount=246)
Girl who killed (?) Shalatan (Viola Rosenblade?) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083067&postcount=146) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17120914&postcount=186)
Lazu, the Roaming Jester/the Cripple 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083133&postcount=147) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085948&postcount=153)
Obri (Lazu's bear) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083133&postcount=147)
Captain General Dernela FitzDonar of the Victorious Few 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17089581&postcount=154)
Khrystas Glimmergold 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098765&postcount=163)
Bildor the Fool 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17099163&postcount=164) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103102&postcount=168) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17138309&postcount=189) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17155444&postcount=199) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17183266&postcount=214) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17206499&postcount=228)
Crusader Lord Krastor Vendoff 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17100234&postcount=166)
The Warlock Vegisplex 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103070&postcount=167)
Viloa Rosenblade 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103346&postcount=169)
Balith Faka, "King of Jackals" 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103606&postcount=171) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17180884&postcount=213)
Dread Pirate Klo'kilthas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103655&postcount=172)
Adventurer whose name has been stricken from history 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103930&postcount=173)
Elldie Blue-Stone 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104126&postcount=174)
Jokanis Broken-Sword/The Brasshaven Stalker 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104126&postcount=174)
Brudd Tagnar 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104788&postcount=175)
Demarcus Titus, 16th Duke of Jarrow and Brackley, and Swordmaster of the Enduring Flame 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17106256&postcount=177)
High King Galantr the Eight-Eyed 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17117285&postcount=178)
First Sisaun of Greenrowan, Sorcerer-Queen of Brasshaven 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17117285&postcount=178)
Second Sisaun of Greenrowan, Sorcerer-Queen of Brasshaven 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17117285&postcount=178)
Unknown thug 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17117689&postcount=180)
Lord Zathrius Bane 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118182&postcount=182)
Isymar of the Kragdai, also known as Isymar the Receiver, last surviving Devotee of the Eternal Road 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118243&postcount=183)
Captain Jornborn the Mad 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17122321&postcount=187)
Thergas the Maimed 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17128611&postcount=188)
Argon, Architect of Wonders 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141394&postcount=190) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141485&postcount=193)
Gronse the Meek 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141409&postcount=191)
Phenix the Bloody 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141485&postcount=193)
Lord Tordin 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141616&postcount=194)
The Emperor of Krull 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141616&postcount=194)
Raif 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17155395&postcount=198)
Gilden the Mad Seer 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17156312&postcount=200)
Albernoth, Sage of Sapbae 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17170991&postcount=202)
High Mage Asmis Tas, Order of the Sacred Balance 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17171608&postcount=204)
Thoredan Alv 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17172570&postcount=205)
General Charles Wallace 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17175831&postcount=207)
Zaghnal the Machiavellian 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17177066&postcount=209)
Erste the Once Great Shackled One 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17178028&postcount=211)
Heir of Eriadella 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17178028&postcount=211)
Major Lucius Skynight of 34th Company 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17179741&postcount=212)
Lore-Master Konrad IV 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17185631&postcount=217)
Captain of the first passenger airship 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17186129&postcount=218)
Nameless villager 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17190879&postcount=219)
The Last King 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17190919&postcount=220)
Rupart the Second, Fiftieth King of the Western Plains 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17192066&postcount=221)
The Eyeless Bard 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17192066&postcount=221)
Arsor Tolde 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17199873&postcount=226)
Magnus the Pragmatic, Skarogian poet 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17206479&postcount=227)
Magnus Craar, Hero of the Final War (possible relation to the abvoe?) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17206499&postcount=228)
Agrik the Heathen 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17206941&postcount=229)
Don Crucif 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17238377&postcount=235)
Marcus Swiftfoot 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17241556&postcount=239)
Brother Kern 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17241556&postcount=239)
The Hidden Abbot 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17241668&postcount=240)
Foreman of the Gristall Foundry 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17244101&postcount=241)
Ami, servant of Irithyblix 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17249796&postcount=243)
Prophet Murani 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17304367&viewfull=1#post17304367)
O'Chan Zii 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17334317&viewfull=1#post17334317)
Richard Forgepound 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17345749&viewfull=1#post17345749)
Lord Harkwall 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17355997&viewfull=1#post17355997)
Herxes Tannenbaum, Arch-lector of the Academia Arcana 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17355997&viewfull=1#post17355997)

Other
Guard Captain Thaddeus Stroud 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16944305&viewfull=1#post16944305)
Oracle at Melthas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16950003&viewfull=1#post16950003) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066364&postcount=139)
The Primus of Geradius 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16955817&viewfull=1#post16955817)
Young upstart 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16955817&viewfull=1#post16955817)
Unnamed Wyld Keeper 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Green-Brothers 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Blade-Speakers 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Goikin One-Fist 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16958515&viewfull=1#post16958515) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106)
Captain Kelric Gless 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963049&postcount=65) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17097080&postcount=160)
Grand Inquisitor 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963049&postcount=65) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963087&postcount=66)
Unknown inquisitor 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968561&postcount=78)
Janus Scilletio 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968818&postcount=81)
Oberon, Last Liege of the Western Planes 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968891&postcount=83) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141413&postcount=192)
High Inquisitor Aunduro Claveli 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971388&postcount=96)
Underking Dalmei Nolgasmir 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974747&postcount=105)
Unnamed inquisitor 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16984456&postcount=113)
Glin Poger 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17010564&postcount=123)
The Seven Queens/Witches 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17011318&postcount=124) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17014645&postcount=129)
The Witch in Brown 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17011318&postcount=124)
Grand Inquisitor Calar Rugan 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17017258&postcount=131)
Julius Amatius (Amitage, see above?) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17017258&postcount=131)
Unnamed Lightborn Inquisitor 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17034906&postcount=135)
The Man of the Edge 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083133&postcount=147)
Ardan Tolmetan 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17095586&postcount=159)
High Druid of Jehlorn 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17099765&postcount=165)
King Salt 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118372&postcount=184)
Torun, Geat-Queen in the Great Wood(Geat is not likely a typo, see Beowulf) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17194975&postcount=222)
Harold Greuse 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17241453&postcount=238)
Inquisitor Starek 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17348710&viewfull=1#post17348710)

Arthean Trade Republic 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16919110&viewfull=1#post16919110) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16931533&viewfull=1#post16931533) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935191&viewfull=1#post16935191) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16942982&viewfull=1#post16942982) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16956176&viewfull=1#post16956176) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16956204&viewfull=1#post16956204) 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366) 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963087&postcount=66) 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16964587&postcount=69) 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16964904&postcount=70) 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970412&postcount=93) 12 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16972114&postcount=99) 13 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974192&postcount=101) 14 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992073&postcount=115) 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17094570&postcount=157) 16 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17099765&postcount=165) 17 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17299377&postcount=247)
Liberai 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16922476&viewfull=1#post16922476) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16956449&viewfull=1#post16956449) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963087&postcount=66) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17068951&postcount=141) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17267931&postcount=245)
Aldanas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16926250&viewfull=1#post16926250) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16928747&viewfull=1#post16928747) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16956449&viewfull=1#post16956449) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16965254&postcount=71) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970412&postcount=93) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992073&postcount=115) 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17095586&postcount=159)
Northmoor 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16928898&viewfull=1#post16928898) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16961831&viewfull=1#post16961831) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970197&postcount=91) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974357&postcount=103) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066576&postcount=140)
New world 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935385&viewfull=1#post16935385)
Arial Protectorate 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935863&viewfull=1#post16935863) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966485&postcount=74)
Geradius 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16955817&viewfull=1#post16955817)
Vilend Empire 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971404&postcount=97) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17100234&postcount=166) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17120914&postcount=186)
Jehlorn 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16972114&postcount=99) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17099765&postcount=165)
Kharaskir 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Elven Kingdom of Wind and Waves 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118372&postcount=184)
Krull 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141616&postcount=194)

Landis963
2014-04-01, 11:29 PM
So now that the forum's back up, where were we on deciphering quotes?

Vedhin
2014-04-03, 09:25 PM
I'm learning a lot from going through the thread with a fine-toothed comb. I vote that the Sword of Searing Light gets analogues for the other three Forces.

Landis963
2014-04-04, 08:41 AM
I'm learning a lot from going through the thread with a fine-toothed comb. I vote that the Sword of Searing Light gets analogues for the other three Forces.

That mind-control crown that was mentioned a couple times should be one of them, I think.

Landis963
2014-04-07, 07:39 PM
What was that crown called again? The Crown of three Empires or something like that?

3SecondCultist
2014-04-08, 11:42 AM
Well, I didn't know this existed!

D20ragon, I would start by putting Vedhin's collection post up on the OP. Also, I am looking at some of the histories and faiths in terms of relationships with more secular entities like the already established nations. I added a faith called the Triad of Myth a while back, with an accompanying calendar system for the dwarven culture. I was wondering if we could implement that in Kharaskir? Make it the official religion of the dwarves, independent of the struggle between the Church of Light and the Shadow Sects.

What I was thinking originally was having a kind of dwarven pantheon comprised of the three members of the Triad - Cerunn, Janos, and Numenark - as a kind of balanced counterpoint to the Church of Light that had nothing to do with the Shadow Sects. Together, the Triad would represent the active aspects of nature just as the classical Greco-Roman deities did. I did throw in a bit of Celtic mythology in there, and I'm trying to work out a kind of 'northern' flavor to the dwarves of the Dain Plateau.

I can always add quotes to the main thread, but I also wanted to participate in actively shaping this world. :smallsmile:

Vedhin
2014-04-08, 12:06 PM
D20ragon, I would start by putting Vedhin's collection post up on the OP.

Just a link for now-- I'm only about halfway through. It's a bit hard to go through a bunch of quote at once-- I know I'm missing things for religions and nations.

I can always add quotes to the main thread, but I also wanted to participate in actively shaping this world. :smallsmile:

A opinion seemingly prevalent in this thread, that I would like to make official, is that the originator of a whatever has greater weight in stating facts about the whatever.

Landis963
2014-04-09, 09:34 PM
What I was thinking originally was having a kind of dwarven pantheon comprised of the three members of the Triad - Cerunn, Janos, and Numenark - as a kind of balanced counterpoint to the Church of Light that had nothing to do with the Shadow Sects. Together, the Triad would represent the active aspects of nature just as the classical Greco-Roman deities did. I did throw in a bit of Celtic mythology in there, and I'm trying to work out a kind of 'northern' flavor to the dwarves of the Dain Plateau.

Actually, why don't you add that to the main thread? It needs a bump, and I can't do it because I don't want to respond to one of my quotes.

Vedhin
2014-04-10, 08:59 PM
I have discovered I have a subconscious hatred of giving characters actual names.

Also, progress is being made.

Vedhin
2014-04-10, 09:37 PM
Did you know urls take up a bunch of characters?

Gods
Mahanir, the Blind God 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16928747&viewfull=1#post16928747) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16944720&viewfull=1#post16944720) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16959196&viewfull=1#post16959196) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16965872&postcount=72) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966485&postcount=74) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16969167&postcount=86) 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17259497&postcount=244)
The Being/The First Light (Church of Light) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16943454&viewfull=1#post16943454) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16943637&viewfull=1#post16943637) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16962324&viewfull=1#post16962324) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963087&postcount=66) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963093&postcount=67) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106) 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17091077&postcount=155) 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104788&postcount=1758) 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17185521&postcount=216) 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17259497&postcount=244)
He Who Was Lost In Shadow (Shadow Sects) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16935877&viewfull=1#post16935877) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16943637&viewfull=1#post16943637) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16944305&viewfull=1#post16944305) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974192&postcount=101) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106)
Oth (Void) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971388&postcount=96) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104788&postcount=175)
The Forgegod 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103402&postcount=170)

Lesser Faiths/Subsects
Argonites (sect of the Church of Light) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16957600&viewfull=1#post16957600) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16959862&viewfull=1#post16959862) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16965872&postcount=72) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968787&postcount=80) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16972420&postcount=100)
Ceruun, the Horned King 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Janos of the Broken Circle 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Lightbringer Numenlark 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
The Church of Those with Eyes to See (sect of the Church of Light) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17094847&postcount=158) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104788&postcount=175)
Shadowcall Inquisitors (sect of something) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17097410&postcount=161)

Servants
Scarab Queens (Mahanir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16928747&viewfull=1#post16928747) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966485&postcount=74) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083008&postcount=144) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17300535&postcount=248)
Soldiers of the Void 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995337&postcount=117)
Void Beasts 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17013918&postcount=128) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17089581&postcount=154) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17170991&postcount=202)
The Paladins of Light 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17209228&postcount=230)
Illuminated Ones 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17221772&postcount=232)

Inquisition of Aldanas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16928747&viewfull=1#post16928747) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16962664&postcount=63) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971388&postcount=96)
Shadow-shamans 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16934604&viewfull=1#post16934604) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966556&postcount=75)
Arial Remnant 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16942982&viewfull=1#post16942982)
Arethean High Court 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16942982&viewfull=1#post16942982)
Wyld Keepers 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16972114&postcount=99)
Fourteen Clans 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
The Hunters 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16997421&postcount=119)

Settlements
Kite's Reach 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16929303&viewfull=1#post16929303) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16944305&viewfull=1#post16944305) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974192&postcount=101)
Aurelon 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16956449&viewfull=1#post16956449)
Brasshaven 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16958515&viewfull=1#post16958515) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970571&postcount=94) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17100234&postcount=166) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104126&postcount=174) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17117285&postcount=178)
Estbruk (Northmoor) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16961831&viewfull=1#post16961831)
Porfas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963049&postcount=65)
Josen (Aldanas) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16965254&postcount=71) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974466&postcount=104) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106)
Baranur Port 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970766&postcount=95)
Tretkloth 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971388&postcount=96)
Kharabinth (Kharaksir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971724&postcount=98) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109)
Stormhelm (Kharaksir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974357&postcount=103) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085029&postcount=149)
Koritshire 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16982844&postcount=110)
Knellville 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16991456&postcount=114)
Duskwatch 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Luminar 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Harkentown 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17010256&postcount=122)
Iiepmp 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17011318&postcount=124)
Southsage 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104788&postcount=175)
Jarrow 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17106256&postcount=177)
Brackley 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17106256&postcount=177)
Haginfast 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17120073&postcount=185)
Glec 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17155395&postcount=198)
Sapbae 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17170991&postcount=202)
Coloru 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17190879&postcount=219)
(Ruins of) Demoru 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17190879&postcount=219) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17236482&postcount=234)
Geistburg 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17355997&viewfull=1#post17355997)

Locales
Baranur Bay 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16931533&viewfull=1#post16931533)
Vran Forest
Melthas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16950003&viewfull=1#post16950003) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066364&postcount=139)
Jehlorn Forests 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Shroudgroves 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Underbarrows 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Highest Mountain 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963093&postcount=67)
Shadow's Folly Marsh (Aldanas) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16965254&postcount=71) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16969572&postcount=87)
Dalgomast Mountains 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966485&postcount=74)
Pass of the Golden Gate 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966965&postcount=76)
Silver Sea 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968380&postcount=77)
Great Wood(s) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968934&postcount=84) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995337&postcount=117) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17024398&postcount=133) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17095586&postcount=159) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17194975&postcount=222)
Dain Plateau 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Iranth River 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Eramis River1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
The Great Below 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Skull Mountain 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17010564&postcount=123)
Fin-Cap Cove 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17011318&postcount=124)
Durkwern 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137)
Western Plains 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17094847&postcount=158) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17192066&postcount=221)
Mt. Niranal 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162)
Swamps of Elnoth 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17099163&postcount=164)

Elsewheres
Glindoral, the realm of dreams 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16962958&postcount=64) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17010564&postcount=123)
Western Planes (Most Very Definitely NOT A Typo) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968891&postcount=83) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141413&postcount=192)
The Edge (Far Realm analogue, occasionally known as the Void) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970766&postcount=95) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992525&postcount=116) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060110&postcount=136) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066364&postcount=139) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066576&postcount=140) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17081054&postcount=143) 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083067&postcount=146) 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083133&postcount=147) 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17084180&postcount=148) 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085948&postcount=153) 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118182&postcount=182) 12 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17185226&postcount=215)
Faeryland 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118372&postcount=184) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17120073&postcount=185)

Religious
Light-written Illuminations (The First Light) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16943637&viewfull=1#post16943637)
Mantra of the Unborn, from the Lay of the Lurker (Mahanir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16944720&viewfull=1#post16944720)
Visions of the Blind God (Mahanir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16959196&viewfull=1#post16959196)
Complete Works of Albus Mendicore (He Who Was Lost In Shadow?) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16962324&viewfull=1#post16962324)
Secret Works of the Hunters 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16962421&viewfull=1#post16962421) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17143021&postcount=197)
Book of Shadow (He Who Was Lost In Shadow) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16984346&postcount=112)
Teachings of the Lost Hunter 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066576&postcount=140)
Various works by the Penitent Poet 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17218297&postcount=231)

Secular
The play 'Fallen Glory' 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16932662&viewfull=1#post16932662)
The Fall of the Changeling Peoples 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16940859&viewfull=1#post16940859)
The play 'The Fall of Dalmien Hall' 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974747&postcount=105)
Recollections of a Throneless King 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083035&postcount=145)
The Tales of Bildor the Fool 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17099163&postcount=164) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103102&postcount=168) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17138309&postcount=189) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17155444&postcount=199) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17171060&postcount=203) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17183266&postcount=214) 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17206499&postcount=228)
Guide to Mingling with Halflings 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17199873&postcount=226)
Vuiverne 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17238377&postcount=235)
A Treatise Concerning Kings and Rulers, The Duty Of Such To Their Peoples, And The Duty Of Their Peoples To Them 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17345749&viewfull=1#post17345749)

Either/Both
Book of the Bard 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968939&postcount=85)
The Lands of the Great Wood 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137)
The play 'The Shadow Knights" 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098765&postcount=163)
The epic poem 'Creation' 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17185631&postcount=217)
The Song of the Dawn Wars 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17222289&postcount=233)
The Sermon of the Siege 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17236482&postcount=234)

Conflicts
Battle of Baranur Bay 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16931533&viewfull=1#post16931533)
Radiant Conquest 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16934213&viewfull=1#post16934213)
Spice Rebellion 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963087&postcount=66)
Succession Wars 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16964587&postcount=69)
Battle of Sundering Shadow 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968561&postcount=78)
Luminous Crusade 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16969713&postcount=88) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162)
Second Shadow Crusade 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970412&postcount=93) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971388&postcount=96)
Siege of Kharabinth 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971724&postcount=98) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17089581&postcount=154)
Battle of Josen 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106)
Awakening of Irithyblix 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978194&postcount=108)
Siege of 12 Knights 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992525&postcount=116)
Massacre at Great Wood 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995337&postcount=117)
Foundation War(s) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17001698&postcount=120)
Battle of Greenmist 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17001698&postcount=120)
Battle of Skull Mountain 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17010564&postcount=123)
Battle of Stonecleave 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17077774&postcount=142)
Battle of Arami's Ford 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17081054&postcount=143)
Battle at Eventide 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085029&postcount=149)
Battle of Black Deeps 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103070&postcount=167)
War of Giants 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118372&postcount=184)
Iron Wars 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141790&postcount=196)
Battle of Farlin's Gap 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17175591&postcount=206)
Infernal Incursion 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17175831&postcount=207)
Battle at the Plains of Glenma'al 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17177066&postcount=209)
Dawn Wars 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17195057&postcount=223) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17221772&postcount=232) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17222289&postcount=233)
The Final War 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17206499&postcount=228)
The Great Heresy 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17209228&postcount=230)
The Falling of the Great Wood 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17241668&postcount=240)
Negative Three Weeks' War 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17259497&postcount=244)

General
Night of Daggers 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16940859&viewfull=1#post16940859)
Fair of Nations 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16956449&viewfull=1#post16956449)
Incident at Harkentown 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17010256&postcount=122)
Peace Moot 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17095586&postcount=159)
Eve of Desolation 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17172570&postcount=205)

The Great Beast Asteroth 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16934365&viewfull=1#post16934365) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16958557&viewfull=1#post16958557)
The demon lord Xrakxevius 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963049&postcount=65)
Irithyblix, the Last Shadow, and greatest of the True Wyrms 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970070&postcount=89) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978194&postcount=108) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17012983&postcount=127) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17249796&postcount=243)
Gilthila, Spawn Mother of the Worms 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970132&postcount=90)
The Voidcrawler 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970766&postcount=95)
The Wyrmblood Highbreed 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16991456&postcount=114)
Ukau Kag Nu Thraca 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137)
Pyresprite (dragon) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137)
The Void-Warped 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085879&postcount=151)
Edgespawn 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17097410&postcount=161)
Princes of Eastern Shadows 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103070&postcount=167)
Paimon 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103070&postcount=167)
Haduas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103070&postcount=167)
Kalastos 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103070&postcount=167)
Falasu 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103070&postcount=167)
Dolari, Archangel of Pain 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17117313&postcount=179)
Saporbia, Archangel of Pride 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17117712&postcount=181)
Avaritas, Archangel of Greed 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141696&postcount=195)
Offikam, Archangel of Duty 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17170965&postcount=201)
Eaxitum, Archangel of Destruction 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17190919&postcount=220)
Outsiders 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17259497&postcount=244) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17267931&postcount=245)
Carabia, a Prince of the Western Shadows 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17299377&postcount=247)

Salvation (war machine) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16919110&viewfull=1#post16919110)
Tiger 1-5 (airships) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16934213&viewfull=1#post16934213) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106)
Farseeker's blessing 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16934213&viewfull=1#post16934213)
Duskblaze crystals 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16934323&viewfull=1#post16934323)
Empire's Fall calender 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16950003&viewfull=1#post16950003) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16961831&viewfull=1#post16961831)
Apia (Arthean airship) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16956176&viewfull=1#post16956176)
Stallpin (sport) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16956449&viewfull=1#post16956449)
Westhill Inn (Brasshaven) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16958515&viewfull=1#post16958515)
Sword of Searing Light 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963093&postcount=67)
Flying Fish (ship) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968380&postcount=77)
Sea's Grace (ship->skyship) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16983339&postcount=111)
Wyrm Blessed (airship) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992073&postcount=115)
Valorus (airship) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992073&postcount=115)
Dwarven calender 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Ritual of Embodiment 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17012760&postcount=125)
Starlight Gate 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17013918&postcount=128)
The Witch's Wall 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17024398&postcount=133)
The Crack in the Dome 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17031638&postcount=134) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085948&postcount=153)
Silver Fish (cargo airship) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17031638&postcount=134) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17065369&postcount=138)
Firebrat (airship) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17065369&postcount=138) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085948&postcount=153) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103655&postcount=172)
Cloak of Threefold Shadows 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085880&postcount=152) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162)
Grendelmen/Beast men of the Great Wood 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17095586&postcount=159) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17194975&postcount=222)
Forgegod's Grasp 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162)
Thrice-Radiant Crown 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162)
Oxmen of Galranth 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162)
The Vaults 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17100234&postcount=166)
The Temple of Light 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17100234&postcount=166)
Chant of Power 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103070&postcount=167)
Crystal Shards of Ndumi 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103606&postcount=171)
Emptyrian Glaive 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17103930&postcount=173)
2nd Belderian 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17122321&postcount=187)
Korstnicks 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17122321&postcount=187)
Liljencreutz 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17122321&postcount=187)
Holy Fortress of Dorm 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141394&postcount=190)
Void-Rift 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17155395&postcount=198)
The Elvhan 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17172570&postcount=205)
Great House Rourke 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17176157&postcount=208)
The Gate 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17178028&postcount=211)
Temple of the Six Heads 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17241556&postcount=239)
College of Alchemist and Herbalism Studies 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17249497&postcount=242)
The Prince's Crown 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17300535&postcount=248)
Fort Northwall 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17334317&viewfull=1#post17334317)

Nerforn (Nation/Land/Settlement/Locale) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968561&postcount=78)
Emptyrian Horde (bad) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17091819&postcount=156)
The Wyverns (?) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17097080&postcount=160)
Loh-Quama (Nation/Land/Settlement/Locale) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17128611&postcount=188)
Althea (Nation/Land/Settlement/Locale) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17206479&postcount=227)
Teyai 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17334317&viewfull=1#post17334317)

The relation between Mahanir, The Clan, He Who Was Lost In Shadow, and the Shadow Sects is very tangled. Unless someone objects strenuously, I declare Mahanir to be associated with the Darkness, and his worshipers to be The Clan; He Who Was Lost In Shadow is associated with the Shadow, and his worshipers are the Shadow Sects.
And for added clarity, The Being is assumed to be The First Light, associated with the Light, and worshiped by the Church of Light.

D20ragon
2014-04-12, 10:59 AM
Are Void beasts in there? I seem to recall a lot of posts about them.

Vedhin
2014-04-12, 04:55 PM
Are Void beasts in there? I seem to recall a lot of posts about them.

They are under Gods/Faiths, beneath the servants heading (along with other creatures heavily associated with a religion/force).

And I'm only partway through page 9, so there's more material.

I have noticed this world delights in ironic deaths, hoisting people by their own petard, and generally being a wise guy (derogatory, not possessing wisdom).

By the way, Devotee of the Eternal Road needs to be a PrC. I will make it so later, after other things are off my plate (this list mainly).

Vedhin
2014-04-13, 09:54 AM
So, idea for the planar arrangement. We have The Western Planes, and now it looks like possibly the Western Shadows and Eastern Shadows. With that in mind, I suggest about 12 planes. Three for each cardinal direction. One set is Shadows, which are "on the bottm", the Planes set are "in the middle", and a third set (name needed) are "on top".

This isn't factoring in things like Glindoral, the realm of dreams.

Pokonic
2014-04-13, 10:24 AM
So, idea for the planar arrangement. We have The Western Planes, and now it looks like possibly the Western Shadows and Eastern Shadows. With that in mind, I suggest about 12 planes. Three for each cardinal direction. One set is Shadows, which are "on the bottm", the Planes set are "in the middle", and a third set (name needed) are "on top".

This isn't factoring in things like Glindoral, the realm of dreams.

I do believe it's supposed to be the Western Plains, though, so it's more of a generic fantasy kingdom full of rolling hills and grassland that needs the occasional saving because it's a comparatively monster-free chunk of fertile land surrounded by lands that often produce conquerors and warlords. Or, at least, that's what I had in mind. If the spell as Plane is correct, though, then the same place the Commoner Knight's started isn't the same one as the place Oberon rules over.

As for the Shadows, I was cribbing names from the Ars Goeta for the princess, so I would assume that the 'Shadows' would be the general domain of demons and such, divided into factions which have purposes unknowable to humans.

Vedhin
2014-04-13, 10:51 AM
I do believe it's supposed to be the Western Plains,

Word of 3SecondCultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974357&postcount=103) says it is most definitely the Western Planes, NOT the Western Plains.

though, so it's more of a generic fantasy kingdom full of rolling hills and grassland that needs the occasional saving because it's a comparatively monster-free chunk of fertile land surrounded by lands that often produce conquerors and warlords. Or, at least, that's what I had in mind. If the spell as Plane is correct, though, then the same place the Commoner Knight's started isn't the same one as the place Oberon rules over.

This has been factored in. Both the Western Planes and Western Plains have entries.

As for the Shadows, I was cribbing names from the Ars Goeta for the princess, so I would assume that the 'Shadows' would be the general domain of demons and such, divided into factions which have purposes unknowable to humans.

Sounds good.

Edit: List is up to date, unless someone posted while I was typing this.

Sgt. Cookie
2014-04-14, 06:22 AM
You know, I think we need to figure out the geography of the world before we do anything else. I mean, once we know where all the crap IS, we can build around that, right? I'm gonna go grab a few Don Jon fractals, and I'm thinking that we vote on the one we like best? I think that might work.

D20ragon
2014-04-14, 06:29 AM
Please do! Sounds good to me.

Sgt. Cookie
2014-04-14, 07:29 AM
EDIT:

Alright folks! It's time! I've genned the worlds, vetoed the godawful ones and have come up with eight separate worlds to choose from.

So, now we vote on them. Here are the voting rules:

You have two votes, a Major Vote and a Minor Vote. A Major Vote is your basic "I want this one" vote, while the Minor Vote is used as a Tie Breaker. If two things have the same number of Major Votes, then the Minor Votes are used as a tie breaker. If it's still tied after that, another round of voting, using the Tied Worlds, will begin.

Now, there's a catch. Your Major and Minor votes, must be for separate worlds. So, the maps:

http://i.imgur.com/ADwlPPY.png

http://i.imgur.com/Cqhas7x.png

http://i.imgur.com/DYIPHPW.png

http://i.imgur.com/VQAd7jK.png

http://i.imgur.com/ujFOXJq.png

http://i.imgur.com/EklNDvG.png

http://i.imgur.com/xzhFa7O.png

http://i.imgur.com/ihK72Sd.png

Voting will end One Week from now OR when we get 15 votes, whichever comes first.

So, as for my votes:

Major Vote: World 3
Minor Vote: World 8

Current tally:

World 1
Major Votes: 0
Minor Votes: 0

World 2
Minor Votes: 1

World 3
Major Votes: 4

World 4
Major Votes: 1

World 5

World 6

World 7
Major Votes: 1
Minor Votes: 4

World 8
Major Votes: 3
Minor Votes: 2

Current Major Vote total: 9

Current leader: World 3

Voters: Sgt. Cookie, ReaderAt2046, THEChanger, Vedhin, Shyftir, Kymme, Landis963, QED - Iltazyara, GreaserFish

ReaderAt2046
2014-04-14, 02:24 PM
Major Vote: World 7.
Minor Vote: World 2.

THEChanger
2014-04-14, 03:21 PM
Major Vote: World 4
Minor Vote: World 7

Vedhin
2014-04-14, 05:18 PM
Minor Vote: World 8

You and I see eye to eye Sgt. Cookie.

Shyftir
2014-04-14, 05:30 PM
Minor Vote: World 4

Kymme
2014-04-14, 07:33 PM
Major Vote: World 8
Minor Vote: World 3

Landis963
2014-04-15, 08:38 PM
Minor Vote: World 7

QED - Iltazyara
2014-04-17, 01:07 PM
Major vote: World 8
Minor vote: World 7

I actually still stand on my offer of 'drawing' a map of the region, plotting things as entries get made and locations are confirmed.
Only problem I'd have working around a selected Donjon fractal would be the coast. They are very bumpy things.

I'll post an example if people are interested, but I'll need to export a cropped version my main map; 19848 by 18084 is a bit bit to upload on here.

Also, thank you for picking up on the list Vedhin; I got sick, then got busy and forgot about it entirely.

Sgt. Cookie
2014-04-17, 01:25 PM
Well, I don't speak for everyone, but I don't think anyone would be against you beautifying the map, QED. Once we have the generalities sorted out, the map can be smoothed down and just made better. The fractal is just a starting point, after all.

GreaserFish
2014-04-18, 07:35 AM
Major: 8
Minor: 7

Sgt. Cookie
2014-04-20, 08:16 AM
Remember folks, there's only little under 10 hours to go before voting ends. If you want your preferred world to win, this is your last chance!

Pokonic
2014-04-20, 05:30 PM

Minor Vote: World 1

Sgt. Cookie
2014-04-21, 08:49 AM
Alright, folks, voting is OVER. Well, it was over 20 minutes ago, but you know what I mean.

Drum roll please.

The winner, with half of all tallied votes, WORLD 3!

Now then. We know what the world looks like, the question is, where does everything go?

Vedhin
2014-04-21, 08:52 AM
Alright, folks, voting is OVER. Well, it was over 20 minutes ago, but you know what I mean.

Drum roll please.

The winner, with half of all tallied votes, WORLD 3!

Now then. We know what the world looks like, the question is, where does everything go?

For convenience, I'm copying the Nations/Lands and Cities/Places categories here. That should help give an idea of what there is to go.

Arthean Trade Republic 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16919110&viewfull=1#post16919110) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16931533&viewfull=1#post16931533) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935191&viewfull=1#post16935191) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16942982&viewfull=1#post16942982) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16956176&viewfull=1#post16956176) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16956204&viewfull=1#post16956204) 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366) 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963087&postcount=66) 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16964587&postcount=69) 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16964904&postcount=70) 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970412&postcount=93) 12 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16972114&postcount=99) 13 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974192&postcount=101) 14 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992073&postcount=115) 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17094570&postcount=157) 16 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17099765&postcount=165) 17 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17299377&postcount=247)
Liberai 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16922476&viewfull=1#post16922476) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16956449&viewfull=1#post16956449) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963087&postcount=66) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17068951&postcount=141) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17267931&postcount=245)
Aldanas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16926250&viewfull=1#post16926250) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16928747&viewfull=1#post16928747) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16956449&viewfull=1#post16956449) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16965254&postcount=71) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970412&postcount=93) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992073&postcount=115) 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17095586&postcount=159)
Northmoor 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16928898&viewfull=1#post16928898) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16961831&viewfull=1#post16961831) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970197&postcount=91) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974357&postcount=103) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066576&postcount=140)
New world 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935385&viewfull=1#post16935385)
Arial Protectorate 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16935863&viewfull=1#post16935863) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966485&postcount=74)
Geradius 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=16955817&viewfull=1#post16955817)
Vilend Empire 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971404&postcount=97) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17100234&postcount=166) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17120914&postcount=186)
Jehlorn 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16972114&postcount=99) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17099765&postcount=165)
Kharaskir 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Elven Kingdom of Wind and Waves 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118372&postcount=184)
Krull 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141616&postcount=194)

Settlements
Kite's Reach 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16929303&viewfull=1#post16929303) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16944305&viewfull=1#post16944305) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974192&postcount=101)
Aurelon 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16956449&viewfull=1#post16956449)
Brasshaven 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16958515&viewfull=1#post16958515) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970571&postcount=94) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17100234&postcount=166) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104126&postcount=174) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17117285&postcount=178)
Estbruk (Northmoor) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16961831&viewfull=1#post16961831)
Porfas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963049&postcount=65)
Josen (Aldanas) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16965254&postcount=71) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974466&postcount=104) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16977193&postcount=106)
Baranur Port 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970766&postcount=95)
Tretkloth 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971388&postcount=96)
Kharabinth (Kharaksir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16971724&postcount=98) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16978204&postcount=109)
Stormhelm (Kharaksir) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16974357&postcount=103) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085029&postcount=149)
Koritshire 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16982844&postcount=110)
Knellville 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16991456&postcount=114)
Duskwatch 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Luminar 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Harkentown 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17010256&postcount=122)
Iiepmp 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17011318&postcount=124)
Southsage 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17104788&postcount=175)
Jarrow 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17106256&postcount=177)
Brackley 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17106256&postcount=177)
Haginfast 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17120073&postcount=185)
Glec 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17155395&postcount=198)
Sapbae 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17170991&postcount=202)
Coloru 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17190879&postcount=219)
(Ruins of) Demoru 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17190879&postcount=219) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17236482&postcount=234)

Locales
Baranur Bay 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16931533&viewfull=1#post16931533)
Vran Forest
Melthas 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16950003&viewfull=1#post16950003) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066364&postcount=139)
Jehlorn Forests 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Shroudgroves 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Underbarrows 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps%21&p=16957366&viewfull=1#post16957366)
Highest Mountain 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16963093&postcount=67)
Shadow's Folly Marsh (Aldanas) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16965254&postcount=71) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16969572&postcount=87)
Dalgomast Mountains 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966485&postcount=74)
Pass of the Golden Gate 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16966965&postcount=76)
Silver Sea 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968380&postcount=77)
Great Wood(s) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968934&postcount=84) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995337&postcount=117) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17024398&postcount=133) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17095586&postcount=159) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17194975&postcount=222)
Dain Plateau 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Iranth River 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Eramis River1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
The Great Below 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16995903&postcount=118)
Skull Mountain 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17010564&postcount=123)
Fin-Cap Cove 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17011318&postcount=124)
Durkwern 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060160&postcount=137)
Western Plains 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17094847&postcount=158) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17192066&postcount=221)
Mt. Niranal 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17098174&postcount=162)
Swamps of Elnoth 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17099163&postcount=164)

Elsewheres
Glindoral, the realm of dreams 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16962958&postcount=64) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17010564&postcount=123)
Western Planes (Most Very Definitely NOT A Typo) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16968891&postcount=83) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17141413&postcount=192)
The Edge (Far Realm analogue, occasionally known as the Void) 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16970766&postcount=95) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16992525&postcount=116) 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17060110&postcount=136) 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066364&postcount=139) 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17066576&postcount=140) 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17081054&postcount=143) 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083067&postcount=146) 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17083133&postcount=147) 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17084180&postcount=148) 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17085948&postcount=153) 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118182&postcount=182) 12 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17185226&postcount=215)
Faeryland 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17118372&postcount=184) 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17120073&postcount=185)

Sgt. Cookie
2014-04-21, 12:36 PM
So, with the world map decided, I've created a document on Google Drive, which I've set up to allow anyone to edit.

Right now, I've circled an area that, I think, would be best for the Arthean Trade Republic.

Link to the (As-yet) unnamed world (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1drnfutcs_yBQJI8vyDpHLeIr6t5VFITDHVztK9nVdx0/edit?usp=sharing)

I've circled that "bay" area as it would make the most sense for Trade Republic to exist, at least, historically speaking. After all, before airships, the Artheans would have to make do with sea based trade. And that bay is perfect for providing that. A fairly large coastline for ship building, but it has a very narrow entrance, which makes it rather defensible by sea.

Just my thoughts.

Vedhin
2014-04-21, 12:43 PM
Right now, I've circled an area that, I think, would be best for the Arthean Trade Republic.

Looks like a good place to me.

Also, we ought to determine the scale of the world. I'm voting huge, possibly defying the normal laws of physics. That way we can have both large countries and unexplored wilderness in spades.

Sgt. Cookie
2014-04-21, 01:19 PM
Agreed. I think we have, what, two, three, four? Different empires. And a historical one, which created the "Empire's Fall" calendar.

I could just be imagining this, but I think I recall someone suggesting that this "historical" empire comprised all the "current" nations (Arthea, Liberai, Aldanas, possibly Northmoor), before it, y'know, fell.

Landis963
2014-04-21, 04:49 PM
Agreed. I think we have, what, two, three, four? Different empires. And a historical one, which created the "Empire's Fall" calendar.

I could just be imagining this, but I think I recall someone suggesting that this "historical" empire comprised all the "current" nations (Arthea, Liberai, Aldanas, possibly n), before it, y'know, fell.

My 2cp: We have a rather varied continent in the very center of the map, easily large enough to house a Dishonored - ian empire. Maybe they overextended into the bay area where Liberai is now, and maybe caught a whole mess of bad luck during and after that.

Vedhin
2014-04-21, 04:59 PM
I could just be imagining this, but I think I recall someone suggesting that this "historical" empire comprised all the "current" nations (Arthea, Liberai, Aldanas, possibly Northmoor), before it, y'know, fell.

I don't remember such a thing, but it seems reasonable.

Pokonic
2014-04-21, 05:06 PM
One simple geography suggestion; the Great Forest would probably be somewhere near the dwarven nation, because both have had some extended contact with the Grendelmen/trolls.

Vedhin
2014-04-21, 05:33 PM
One simple geography suggestion; a Great Wood would probably be somewhere near the dwarven nation, because both have had some extended contact with the Grendelmen/trolls.

Fixed. The latter is just my OCD, but the former is important-- there are multiple Great Woods, and they may or may not be geographically distant from each other.

QED - Iltazyara
2014-04-21, 07:16 PM
I can immediately elaborate on the Empire's Fall Calendar and on the overarching empire Aldanas and all that were kind of thought to be a part of. Northmoor is referenced as having an emperor, and appeared to be in contact directly with the various other nations. So that's where that came from.

In other news I made an outline based on the region highlighted, and marked where I think things are, if nothing else it provides a zoomed in view of the area. Inside spoiler tag due to image width/height.http://i.imgur.com/nnAakq8.jpg
The coastline is pixelated as it was a direct select/stroke to make it. Drawing anything vaguely like that is difficult, so I just grabbed the coastline of the area straight up.

And as an example what my maps tend to end up looking like, heavily cropped down to manageable size. Funny, really, that I consider a 1621 x 1925 pixel image at 600dpi "manageable".
http://i.imgur.com/3Pu3e2J.jpg

Mx.Silver
2014-04-21, 07:32 PM
Also, we ought to determine the scale of the world. I'm voting huge, possibly defying the normal laws of physics. That way we can have both large countries and unexplored wilderness in spades.

You mean like the Earth had for most of record history?

Vedhin
2014-04-21, 07:35 PM
You mean like the Earth had for most of record history?

The thing here is that this world has airships. And also magic, including teleportation.

ReaderAt2046
2014-04-21, 08:22 PM
I'm in favor of the Eastern continent being the location for all of the historical countries, much like our world's Europe.

I further vote that the central continent be largely uncivilized and held mostly by powerful monsters, with various tribes of primitive natives and the odd eccentric hermit or superpowerful wizard. A place for heroes to go on quests.

And then the Western continent can be the location for exotic and very foreign regions, kind of like how the Europeans regarded China.

Landis963
2014-04-21, 09:09 PM
I'm in favor of the Eastern continent being the location for all of the historical countries, much like our world's Europe.

I further vote that the central continent be largely uncivilized and held mostly by powerful monsters, with various tribes of primitive natives and the odd eccentric hermit or superpowerful wizard. A place for heroes to go on quests.

And then the Western continent can be the location for exotic and very foreign regions, kind of like how the Europeans regarded China.

The Western continent seems like it's smushed into the Eastern continent, again much like China. Pretty much agree otherwise.

Landis963
2014-04-21, 11:09 PM
Wait, before I forget, what are the "rules" of teleporting again? Have they been nailed down? Because that will definitely have ramifications on how well-explored everything is.

Landis963
2014-04-23, 07:57 PM
Having not found any quotes nailing down an answer to my question, I decided to make one myself. Does it work?

Vedhin
2014-04-23, 08:02 PM
Having not found any quotes nailing down an answer to my question, I decided to make one myself. Does it work?

The 2nd to last post in the other thread has some info. Brain FAIL.

Also, the last completed quote in that thread needs clarification before I can update the list.

Landis963
2014-04-27, 11:41 PM
The 2nd to last post in the other thread has some info. Brain FAIL.

Also, the last completed quote in that thread needs clarification before I can update the list.

Wait, which quote are you referring to? Just some keywords, and perhaps a page number (assuming on the quote-generation thread) would help.

Vedhin
2014-04-28, 08:18 AM
Wait, which quote are you referring to? Just some keywords, and perhaps a page number (assuming on the quote-generation thread) would help.

The one where spikeof2010 attributed a quote made by Aolbain. #254 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17357319&viewfull=1#post17357319), to be precise.

Landis963
2014-04-28, 09:02 AM
The one where spikeof2010 attributed a quote made by Aolbain. #254 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329099-Quote-based-worldbuilding-Original-Perhaps!&p=17357319&viewfull=1#post17357319), to be precise.

Oh right, that one. I was concerned that my quote was stepping on someone else's toes.