PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Fly speed from Improved Dragon Wings

Xintas
2014-03-17, 03:18 PM
Most of the feats and items that provide speed increases either require the Dragon type (seriously doubtful considering dragonblood and Draconic Heritage explicitly do not give you Dragon type) or a Racial fly speed (which human does not have).

What are the best ways, preferably through feats/classes, to increase flight speed?

Bonus points for permanent buffs.

Windstorm
2014-03-17, 04:22 PM
speed I think is mostly spells, the one exception I can think of being the stormtalon class from races of the wild. it requires you to be a raptoran (race from the same book) but you could ask your DM to file the serial numbers off and let you take it anyway with minor modifications; +40ft speed over the course of the class, and 4 bonus aerial feats.

the same book also contains a few feats for flying characters, such as Born Flyer, Aerial Superiority, Aerial Reflexes, Diving Charge, and my personal favorite improved flight (permanent 1 step maneuverability increase)

Darrin
2014-03-17, 07:43 PM
This post (www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15535646&postcount=34) discusses breaking the sound barrier, and most of those buffs can be applied to a Fly speed.