PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Druid Wildshape Suggestions

Ralvek
2014-03-17, 05:15 PM
I'm not looking for build suggestions. I'm looking for Wildshape forms that are good damage as I seem to be the "kill 'em all" PC at the moment.

So to give you what I've got to play with.
Feats
Human: Extra Rage
HD:
1st Companion Spellbond
3rd Natural Bond
6th Natural Spell (Duh)
9th Exalted Wildshape (eventually I'll likely retrain to Cryo)
Psychic Warrior
1st Combat Expertise
2nd Improved Trip
5th Practiced Spellcaster

So I've been using a Fleshraker a lot, even though I already have pounce because of the Leaping Pounce-Trip advantage. That and Venomfire (though I've tried to avoid overuse of that spell as my GM already looks at me like he's getting reading for DM-Fire.)

My Powers known are
Expansion
Inertial Armor
Force Screen
Body Adjustment
Body Purification
Darkvision Psionic
Duodimensional Claw.

I know bears tend to have a good strength, claws, and a bite, but what else? I haven't come into Aquatic area's much, but my druid is fairly well traveled so it's assumed he has a good variety of animals he's seen/studied.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

eggynack
2014-03-17, 05:22 PM
Fleshrakers are definitely high up there, even into high levels, for a number of very obvious reasons. Besides that, you're mostly looking at the big wild shape sub-groups: dinosaurs, dire animals, and legendary animals. It's always a good place to start for this sort of thing. So, heading into level 8 and 9, you're getting options like the cave ankylosaurus (MiniHB, 57), cave triceratops (MiniHB, 58), dire lion, and smilodon (Frost, 118), among others. As a feat note, frozen wild shape is definitely one of the best feats for beat-stickery, but in terms of general utility, it's likely worse than exalted wild shape, even when you have access to both. A lot is expected of a 15th level druid, meaning that a lot more is expected than just being able to eat enemies with high efficiency.