PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to qualify for Ur-Priest

Yogibear41
2014-03-17, 10:57 PM
Playing a CE Bakemono(type of goblin) in a game currently a 1st level barbarian, originally I had planned to go cleric at 2nd level but now I am having second thoughts and thinking about trying to get into UR-Priest by level 7,(7 because I still have to use level 3 and level 6 feats to pick up Iron Will, and Spell Focus(evil) don't see the otyugh hole being an option at this point) but my intelligence is only 6 so its going to be a pain to get all the skill requirements(I currently have none of them) I was thinking maybe a combination of spellthief and rogue to get me there but without a way to get those extra knowledges on my class list, I don't think I will be able to meet the skills. Cloistered Cleric probably isn't really an option either in this particular campaign. (my Charisma is also only 7 so anything with CHA related casting is just going to be a waste of levels as well)

If we want to take a new class we have to find someone to teach us how to do it, party currently has a wizard, and a ranger, and a rogue who is in jail(good chance he is just going to die) so those are the class's most accessible to learn. Could potentially swing a spellthief lesson from combinations of the rogue and wizard.

docnessuno
2014-03-17, 11:14 PM
Could potentially swing a spellthief lesson from combinations of the rogue and wizard.

Beguiller could be explained the same way, and would only miss Knowledge (religion) to allow a level 7 entry.

A Bard variant (Bardic sage for semi int-based casting) would also work fairly well.

Yogibear41
2014-03-17, 11:35 PM
guessing you missed the part about having an Int of 6. :smallsmile:

John Longarrow
2014-03-18, 07:53 AM
Easiest way to pick up the knowledge religion that works well is taking a level in crusader. Also gives you maneuvers (if you take it at/after 5th) that should be useful for the rest of your adventuring career.