PDA

View Full Version : I don't like %Targets attitude in strip %Number

Ulrich_Brew
2007-02-03, 03:08 AM
Why are there all these damn threads all over!

This is a comic strip. Comedy, fantasy, and a story all dance and make it funny. Every once in awhile there is drama and the drama police go crazy! Why did %Target act like they did? In strip %Number they respond different than they did in %Number. Why the change of heart in %Target?

If there was a movie, you wouldn't whine about the scene by scene changes.

Rich rocks, adios masses.

Spiky
2007-02-03, 03:12 AM
Yes, I believe they would. Which is why I don't go to movies anymore. Idiots talking all the time. This forum is nothing but a whiny hatefest.

Charles Phipps
2007-02-03, 03:17 AM
Go to any well trafficed comic/movie/anime/television show/bass fishing forum.

"Oh my God Spiderman killed a man/Frodo is so doing Samwise/Amuro Ray is morally inferior to Kira Yamato/Starbuck is repulsive for dating Lee/the fly hook motion is superior to the whiz fling"

Demented
2007-02-03, 03:37 AM
No no, the whiz fling is clearly superior to the fly hook motion.
I mean, gods man, it's called the WHIZ FLING!

chibibar
2007-02-03, 03:38 AM
Why are there all these damn threads all over!

This is a comic strip. Comedy, fantasy, and a story all dance and make it funny. Every once in awhile there is drama and the drama police go crazy! Why did %Target act like they did? In strip %Number they respond different than they did in %Number. Why the change of heart in %Target?

If there was a movie, you wouldn't whine about the scene by scene changes.

Rich rocks, adios masses.

oh heck yea people do that all the time. Some people love the movie but hate certain scene. or disect it piece by piece.

It is human nature really. Our brain always tries to put logical in an illogical setting.

Ulrich_Brew
2007-02-03, 03:39 AM
If I questioned my faith in every character frame by frame, I don't know how I would feel. My favorite characters became my favorite characters because of their actions by comic 100. The actions of Roy, Belkar, and Miko in the past few comics haven't effected how I feel about them.

I still dislike Miko. I still like Belkar. I still think Roy rocks.
Miko the misguided.
Belkar the bold.
Roy the ever bold, strong, smart, dedicated, leader!

I've seen too many of these threads. Between the polls and the %Target in strip %Number, I'm losing my heart.

Demented
2007-02-03, 03:40 AM
Or put logical in a logical setting, without taking into account all the facts of said setting.

Or the writer just screws up.

It has to have happened at some point, right?
So many writers in so many situations... one of 'em has gotta screw up some time.

chibibar
2007-02-03, 03:41 AM
heh... I wouldn't worry about it too much. Human also love to express themselves. We have our own heroes or people that we support and will always find way to put our heroes in a good light (they are our heroes afterall) and thus you will always see things when things doesn't go with the "fan's view" of our heroes.

chibibar
2007-02-03, 03:44 AM
Or put logical in a logical setting, without taking into account all the facts of said setting.

Or the writer just screws up.

It has to have happened at some point, right?
So many writers in so many situations... one of 'em has gotta screw up some time.

what I meant was something like this... if we look up in the sky we see clouds. If we see a familar shape, our brain automactically associate it with something that is not made of cloud like animals or person or places.....

If you close your eyes and feel an object, your brain will already try to figure out what you are touching and associate it with something that YOU know before. It is round. it is a ball, it is hard, must be a pool ball, it is heavy, it could be a shot putter. etc etc :)

of course sometimes our brain can go little haywire and associate things it doesn't make sense to others but it makes sense to you because your brain tell it is associate it.

Green Bean
2007-02-03, 05:11 AM
Go to any well trafficed comic/movie/anime/television show/bass fishing forum.

"Oh my God Spiderman killed a man/Frodo is so doing Samwise/Amuro Ray is morally inferior to Kira Yamato/Starbuck is repulsive for dating Lee/the fly hook motion is superior to the whiz fling"

That's very true. This article (http://www.websnark.com/archives/2004/10/entitlement_and.html) is all about why people do this.

theKOT
2007-02-03, 10:50 AM
The serious part is just the most enjoyable to some people. I LIKE debating motivations and consequences. It is fun to me. Why do you care if someone enjoys the strip differently? There is no "right way" to enjoy a work of art. Would you rather we just stick to gender debate threads and threads about how great thog is? Come on man, you don't have to read these threads: you choose to. If you don't want to hear it, don't read them.

Steward
2007-02-03, 11:08 AM
The very idea of people expressing their opinions on a comic strip on a forum dedicated to that comic strip! Inconceivable! If there were any Victorian-era gentlemen reading this, they would most likely be in dire need of smelling salts!

Lord Zentei
2007-02-03, 11:11 AM
RAH RAH RAH.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/LordZentei/pbunny.jpg