PDA

View Full Version : Paladin of Sehanine

Lucifer Haine
2014-03-17, 10:58 PM
My character being a Szarkai (Albino drow), with both Dogai (Assassin Devil) and Hellfire Wyrm (Fiendish Dragon) earlier in the bloodline; Warlock 7/Hellfire Warlock 3/Binder 1; He overall is not evil he is Chaotic Neutral. He Wants to become a Paladin of Sehanine.

Before I ask my question, I am going off of this for the faith/church: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?498194-4e-The-Church-of-Sehanine
Sehanine is a god of the moon, autumn, Love, and trickery. She implores her followers to follow their own journey, be what they want to be without straying to the path of good or evil.

My question is this, can a Paladin of Sehanine multiclass without losing his/her abilities? Sehanine teaches that one should not be restricted with his/her goals. So wouldn't she allow her Paladins to multiclass as other deities have before?

docnessuno
2014-03-17, 11:04 PM
without straying to the path of good or evil.

Unless i misunderstood that sentence (English is not my native language), i would say she has no paladins among her followers based on that line.

Lucifer Haine
2014-03-17, 11:07 PM
Well I would say there are, I will refer back to the link I am using
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?498194-4e-The-Church-of-Sehanine
They are more protectors of love and promoters of trickery than Smiters of evil.

Honest Tiefling
2014-03-17, 11:13 PM
That's because in 4th edition, paladins can be any alignment, and the link has the 4th edition of her, not the third edition stuff, which doesn't mention paladins since in many campaign settings, she can't have them. (And the ones where she could she generally doesn't exist).

Lucifer Haine
2014-03-17, 11:17 PM
That's because in 4th edition, paladins can be any alignment, and the link has the 4th edition of her, not the third edition stuff, which doesn't mention paladins since in many campaign settings, she can't have them. (And the ones where she could she generally doesn't exist).

You make a good point I should have elaborated.
In the campaign setting I am in, my dm is allowing her following since she has been a deity since 2.0 and is allowing the different alignments of paladin as well. So my questions still stands.

Honest Tiefling
2014-03-17, 11:20 PM
For clarification, you are going with the 4e version? The 3rd (and I think earlier ones?) are all good aligned, so the concept wouldn't work.

Vrock_Summoner
2014-03-17, 11:20 PM
You make a good point I should have elaborated.
In the campaign setting I am in, my dm is allowing her following since she has been a deity since 2.0 and is allowing the different alignments of paladin as well. So my questions still stands.

Given the houserules you've just brought to our attention, the only person who can answer your question is your DM.

Lucifer Haine
2014-03-17, 11:24 PM
Alright I understand that, I'm sitting with him right now, I'm moreover just trying to get some viewpoints on the matter more than anything.

Vrock_Summoner
2014-03-17, 11:35 PM
Okay.

Paladins are more about alignment than deity. A Chaotic Neutral Paladin should, by definition, be dedicated to chaos, weird as that sounds. On one hand, taking up a different occupation every month would certainly be Chaotic, but as a Paladin, you should always be taking something that helps you find and break down law, order, and tradition without committing acts of heinous Evil or gushy Good. In-character, that would be really hard to justify as anything other than "more Paladin or similar training." So I'd say yeah, work on some special Prestige Classes for your character and stick to multiclassing boning you.

Lucifer Haine
2014-03-17, 11:43 PM
Alright well thank you for the help. I like the idea and I already am a chaotic neutral person and will stay that way but I would like to keep like the stories from the 4.0 forum I linked and stick with the protecting love while promoting trickery. This on its own can be very chaotic.

Mnemnosyne
2014-03-18, 04:59 AM
Given your current mix of classes, your best bet if you really want to attach your character mechanically to Sehanine Moonbow, would be to grab a level of Cleric of Sehanine, then use an early entry trick to be able to cast 2nd level spells and go into Eldritch Disciple.

BWR
2014-03-18, 05:21 AM
I'll say Sehaine has changed quite a bit since 2e in this description. There she had crusaders, which were basically god-specific paladins with a bit fewer strictures (had to match god's alignment rather than be LG, for instance). She did not, however, have paladins, which were pretty rare and strict. So considering the changes already made and everything, ask your DM.

Lucifer Haine
2014-03-19, 07:15 PM
Alright thank you. I'll have to check out Eldritch Disciple again. I had forgot about that class.