PDA

View Full Version : [PF] E6 Magus with a little bit of debuffing?

DarkSonic1337
2014-03-18, 05:43 AM
I'm gonna be playing a Magus in an E6+Mythic game and I want some advice. On how to add in a little debuffing.

So far what I've got is
1.rime spell+frostbite for entangle+fatigue
2.Ray of enfeeblement for another str penalty
4.Magical Insight Feat (Kobold Press. The Complete Advanced Feats)-creatures that fail a save against one of my spells take -2 to saves against spells I cast in combat.
5.Chill Touch to trigger the above through sheer number of saves. After all they only need to fail it once and it comes with possible str damage.
6.Pandemonium Silver Weapon (imported from 3.5) to inflict Shaken (need more shaken triggers)
7.Elemental Touch for sicken (need more sicken triggers too)? Again useful for the number of saves to trigger Magical Insight. (Rules question. If I force them to make a reflex save vs catching on fire, they are making a save to resist my spell correct?)
8.Dusk of Twilight (via spellblending). There really aren't many ways for me to inflict Exhaustion on someone in e6 are there?
9. Touch Spell Control feat (Kobold Press The Complete Advanced Feats)-Not really a debuff in particular but it will allow me to keep another touch spell going while I cast things to double up saves. Elemental Touch+Chill Touch+cast another save spell=3 saves they have to make.

what else can I add to ramp up the debuffing. The current party is myself, an Alchemist, A Cleric...and someone who hasn't decided yet. All first party Paizo material, DSP's Psionic Unleashed, Path of War, and Magic of Incarna, And Kobold Press's "The Complete Advanced Feats" are allowed. In addition, 3.5 weapon and armor materials, items, and feats are generally allowed but should be run by the DM first.

Yanisa
2014-03-18, 05:54 AM
Oeh, mythic. I excluded a mythic option from my simple answer because mythic doesn't get played often and I don't know mythic well. Now I feel bad for not including it and my excuses... But regardless here:

Augmented Ray of Enfeeblement (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-magic/augmented-spells#TOC-Ray-of-Enfeeblement) inflicts fatigue without the clause it cannot cause exhaustion. And it's a Magus spell.

Besides that I don't know a lot about Magus, or mythic, or E6, so I gracefully bow out.

NightbringerGGZ
2014-03-18, 07:13 AM
If you want to go with a debuffing Magus, it is hard to beat a Hexcrafter. You trade away Spell Recall, but you can replace it with the Archmage Arcana of Arcane Surge. This is even nicer than Spell Recall, as it forces the enemy to roll twice and take the lower roll against your DC spells.

Since you're playing E6, you can now use the bonus feats you earn to pick up Extra Hex and have a nice selection of constant use debuffs.

For spell options, I strongly suggest picking up Mythic Shocking Grasp as it gets a ton of improvements. The damage die increase to 1d8 and you get the option of either a free grapple attempt (if the enemy wears metal armor) or a free disarm attempt (if they wield a metal weapon). In addition, you can spend 2 Mythic power, attempt the combat maneuver, and if it succeeds the opponent is staggered for 1 round. Remember you'll have a +2 on these checks due to the base spell.

Mythic Color Spray is rather nice, as you get to add half your Mythic Tier to the hit-die categories. The range of the spell is doubled as well.

DarkSonic1337
2014-03-18, 08:05 AM
Hmm, I'll consider Hexcrafter, but the only hex that I'm even remotely interested in is Evil Eye (I should mention that I'm a sylph and my DM is gonna let me take Wings of Air after level 6), and I don't think that's a good enough trade.

Most of the curse spells are level 3 and up so I won't get them

NightbringerGGZ
2014-03-18, 09:58 AM
Hmm, I'll consider Hexcrafter, but the only hex that I'm even remotely interested in is Evil Eye (I should mention that I'm a sylph and my DM is gonna let me take Wings of Air after level 6), and I don't think that's a good enough trade.

Most of the curse spells are level 3 and up so I won't get them

It's worth thinking about at least. After thinking about it a bit more, I would worry about the feat investment actually. Evil Eye, Misfortune and Slumber are all fun Hexes but would take awhile to build up to.