PDA

View Full Version : Strongest solo PF class

Renen
2014-03-18, 10:39 AM
What class in PF would be strongest if:
1) No dips. Only 1 class all the time (but archetypes are ok)
2) Only things from the prd site.
3) Fighting solo. So buffers are no go.
4) Stays strongest (or 2nd strongest) from lvl 6 to 20?

Psyren
2014-03-18, 10:46 AM
I would say either Summoner or Druid would be best at soloing. Lots of power and survivability at both the low and high ends.

PsyBomb
2014-03-18, 11:06 AM
If you are the type to have COPIOUS notes everywhere and can manage a huge section of the Action Economy well, then a TN Master Summoner archetype. Your Eidolon doesn't need to be THAT powerful to make an absurdly good sneak, and once you get access to Celestial/Infernal/Axiomatic/Anarchic Tigers you turn the battlefield into a giant furball in your favor (all puns intended). You can summon your own healers/buffers, and have access to a long list of powerful support spells (including Glitterdust, Invisibility, Fly, and Black Tentacles) along with UMD in-class.

Volos
2014-03-18, 11:32 AM
From level 6 on? Let me introduce you to this little class I'd like to call ANY WIZARD EVER! But seriously, Wizards win once they are above 5th level.

Renen
2014-03-18, 12:23 PM
So, putting a wizard and a raging barbarian in one room of equal level, the wizard would have nothing to fear? (Lets say at lvl 6)

Cofniben
2014-03-18, 01:10 PM
So, putting a wizard and a raging barbarian in one room of equal level, the wizard would have nothing to fear? (Lets say at lvl 6)

Levitate is a second level spell, thus cast them upon them selves, fly up, and unleash hell with spells and wands. With wizards, it all depends on how prepared they are. If a wizard knew he was going to fight a barbarian, and had time to acquire all the spells they wanted, and learn them, they would have no issue. If dropped into a room with no knowledge what so ever and the barbarian get's initiative, it would have 1 round until the wizard takes a 5ft step and cast a spell to hopefully save themself.

Psyren
2014-03-18, 01:18 PM
Levitate is a second level spell, thus cast them upon them selves, fly up, and unleash hell with spells and wands.

That's a really high room :smalltongue:

Oliver Veyrac
2014-03-18, 02:03 PM
Cleric 5, wielding a scythe. Domains Destruction (Rage), Scalykind or Animal.

Alignment (N).

Feats: Martial weapon proficiency Scythe, Power Attack, Selective Channel, Furious Focus.

Yanisa
2014-03-18, 02:14 PM
I like to add sorcerer and witch, the missing two tier 1-2 classes. :smalltongue: Pretty sure any tier 1-2 can make a deadly solo build.

Still I guess Summoners win in survivability and easiness in solo campaigns, but Wizards have the most raw power.

Larkas
2014-03-18, 02:17 PM
T2 classes are by definition not the strongest solo classes - but they can be solid ones with a decent spell selection.

Scratch that, forgot about Paragon Surge. :smalltongue:

Yanisa
2014-03-18, 02:23 PM
T2 classes are by definition not the strongest solo classes - but they can be solid ones with a decent spell selection.

Scratch that, forgot about Paragon Surge. :smalltongue:

Oracle is also missing.

Oracles make the nastiest builds with paragon surge. There is that one build that was like 2 sorc/2 orc and then could enter Mystic Theurge. It lead to access to all spells in game, spontaneously. I forgot if PF did had a second Mystic Theurge like PrC for level 9 spells. (Edit: The build was PFS build, so didn't go past lvel 12, or 14, or something.)