PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Vaarsuvius' gender is...

The Oni
2014-03-18, 11:45 AM
...Irrelevant, because V's died several times before and been Reincarnated (as the druid spell) so he doesn't get hung up on it

...Not much of an obstacle (because Alter Self is a throwaway spell at V's level)

...neither, because V's a Warforged wearing a Circlet of Disguise

...both, ever since that (un?)fortunate Teleport accident

...unfathomable (he's an aberration from the Far Realms playing Octodad and somehow got a +40 to Disguise)

...all of the above (his player is a ludicrous minmaxer and the DM's girlfriend, boyfriend...or both)

Snurk
2014-03-18, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=Lord Smeagle;17201849...unfathomable (he's an aberration from the Far Realms playing Octodad and somehow got a +40 to Disguise)
[/QUOTE]

Roflol well it might be my octodad skills but then she/he would stick around more :smallsmile:

MagicalMeat
2014-03-18, 12:04 PM
What's up with the resurgence of Vaarsuvius's gender threads? Ok, I'll admit, this one actually gave me a chuckle. But I'm pretty sure we already have like, 20 other threads that this could have been posted on.

SiuiS
2014-03-18, 12:15 PM
What's up with the resurgence of Vaarsuvius's gender threads? Ok, I'll admit, this one actually gave me a chuckle. But I'm pretty sure we already have like, 20 other threads that this could have been posted on.

But then you wouldn't have read this.

ChristianSt
2014-03-18, 12:32 PM
... nothing that will be found inside any thread about Vaarsuvius' gender.

The Oni
2014-03-18, 12:58 PM
I'm only half-kidding. To be honest, I think that because of how generally PC these boards tend to be (and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that), giving a clear-cut binary gender identity to Vaarsuvius would make some people rather angry and Rich wouldn't do it.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-18, 01:40 PM
...Irrelevant, because V's died several times before and been Reincarnated (as the druid spell) so he doesn't get hung up on it

...Not much of an obstacle (because Alter Self is a throwaway spell at V's level)

...neither, because V's a Warforged wearing a Circlet of Disguise

...both, ever since that (un?)fortunate Teleport accident

...unfathomable (he's an aberration from the Far Realms playing Octodad and somehow got a +40 to Disguise)

...all of the above (his player is a ludicrous minmaxer and the DM's girlfriend, boyfriend...or both)

I'll go with: F) all of the above.

SavageWombat
2014-03-18, 01:54 PM
... not so much a gender as a Weltanschaaung.

Everyl
2014-03-18, 05:00 PM
... ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Edit: Anti-capslock filters make some jokes harder to type.

BaronOfHell
2014-03-18, 05:31 PM
My guess is medium to large.

JBiddles
2014-03-18, 05:40 PM
...elf.

...Vaarsuvius.

...Wizard.

...N/A.

If we're going to be all technical and picky, then her sex is irrelevant (but I tend to think of both her and Inkyrius as female, based on their art, and the fact that it assuages OotS's sex imbalance and the joke of Belkar kissing V is slightly funnier if she's not compatible with him in terms of orientation.)

rs2excelsior
2014-03-18, 10:47 PM
...both...

New headcanon: V (and all elves, perhaps?) are hermaphrodites.

BenjCano
2014-03-19, 08:05 AM
...both

*niggle* Gender isn't binary.

I prefer to think that it exists in a state of quantum uncertainty, wherein V is simultaneously at all points on the gender spectrum. Until someone observes their gender, at which point the waveform will collapse.

SavageWombat
2014-03-19, 08:47 AM
*niggle* Gender isn't binary.

I prefer to think that it exists in a state of quantum uncertainty, wherein V is simultaneously at all points on the gender spectrum. Until someone observes their gender, at which point the waveform will collapse.

Collapse and ruin V's underwear, no doubt.

Codex
2014-03-19, 06:26 PM
New headcanon: V (and all elves, perhaps?) are hermaphrodites.

Lirian definitely wasn't.

Vinyadan
2014-03-19, 06:30 PM
I like the warforged one. There are standard-physiology elves like Lirian, and their creations, V-like elves. Elves are so advanced that they gave them full rights and now they are quite commonly seen as adventurers. New headcanon.

137beth
2014-03-19, 06:48 PM
What is V's gender? Is it

a)All of the below
b)None of the below
c)Both of the above
d)One of the above
e)None of the above
Answer:
(a) and (b) contradict each other, so (a) cannot be true. That also rules out (c), since (c) requires (a) to be true.
If (b) were true, then (d) would also be true. But (b) says that (c), (d), and (e) are false, a contradiction. Thus (b) is false.
Similarly, (d) asserts that one of (a), (b), or (c) is true, which none of them are by the preceding paragraph. Thus (d) is false.
The correct answer is therefore (e): none of the above.

malloyd
2014-03-20, 10:32 AM
Lirian definitely wasn't.

How do you know?

riaierb
2014-03-21, 08:42 AM

definitely right

CarpeGuitarrem
2014-03-21, 08:45 AM
Hey! I was gonna make that joke! Except that you made it better, anyway.