PDA

View Full Version : E6 Human Racials help (3.5/Pathfinder)

cfalcon
2014-03-18, 01:56 PM
I'm really unsure if this should be under homebrew or not, because I'm kind of asking for a rules bump.

With my campaign only having a couple more sessions, my friend's campaign will be starting up. He's aiming at an E6 game, and he has a couple custom races (mostly replacing the gnomes and halflings with a race that fits his world better, along with a custom arctic race).

For those entirely unfamiliar, E6 is level capped at 6, with advancement past that point coming in the form of bonus feats.

While the game will be 3.5- mostly core class options- he was pretty excited by the Pathfinder races. In Pathfinder, humans get a +2 to any score they want, and the other base races have a +2 to a mental score, a +2 to a physical score, and then a -2 to one other score. My concern is that even this doesn't really do enough, in E6, to help out humans.

My thinking was to come up with a perk- something minor but in flavor- that would kick in for a human around 6th level or even after. The entire reasoning is that the extra feat will become more and more meaningless in a game with many extra feats, while the other racial perks will remain very useful in a game without access to high level magic, etc.

With humans having not much flavor besides "versatility", however, I'm kind of stuck. What do others run for E6? Are humans just good enough that they need no buffs? Are there any ideas about something that could kick in later and then be helpy?

Thanks, and sorry if I posted in the wrong subforum.

cfalcon
2014-03-18, 06:58 PM
Specifically, I was hoping for something kind of flexible. I recommended something like: once you have earned an E6 feat (to delay the bonus until later- humans are more than fine before the feats stack up), at the beginning of each day, choose +1 to reflex, +1 to fortitude, +1 to will, or +2 AC versus a type of creature besides humanoid or outsider.

Just like.. something flexible. But even that seems pretty specific to be "for all humans".

Fouredged Sword
2014-03-18, 08:08 PM
Well the skill points help out, but they are basically 5000exp ahead of everyone else with that extra feat. Don't underestimate that. +2 to a stat of their choice puts them still at the top of the non-cheese racial heap.