PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of the Crystal Shard (The Dungeon!)

Centaur Hero
2014-03-18, 02:35 PM
What should have been a six-day journey along Ten Trail from the pass stretched into eleven grueling days of bitter cold, howling winds, driving snowfall, and beasts hounding the caravans trail. As the wagons roll at last up to the gates of Bryn Shander, you see townsfolk watching with eager expectaition, happy for the arrival of what will certainly be the last caravan from the south for months to come. The faces of the merchants and caravan guards show relief and anticipation that almost seem to outweigh the exhaustion as they look forward to warm fires, hot food, soft beds, and sheltering walls.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zHEC5wWJH4c/UqF9F2E7b9I/AAAAAAAABSg/6tVPo9qVTtw/s1600/LotCS+2187+x+864.jpg

Everyones relief is cut short however, as the howls of some large creatures comes cutting from every direction, in the fading twilight you all make out the forms of large, white, ape-like creatures, unseen before because of how well they camoflaged with the snow.

http://dungeonsmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/yeti.jpg

As they advance, a heavy snow begins to fall, providing concealment to the charging creatures.

Cleavon
2014-03-19, 07:13 PM
Ulrik

The wind cutting through the Dwarfs armor he grumbled slightly. It was cold but the incantations they were using worked just fine. He had refused to buy winter garb anywhere but in Icewind Dale. South of the spine they simply didn't know how to make a fine coat.

When the Yeti howls filled the air Ulrik looked through the snow, barely able to see their hulking forms.

"Och! Look alive boys looks like we got us some shaggy bastards!"

Cleavon
2014-03-19, 07:14 PM
The Map!
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/YetiFight1_zpsa8644236.png (http://s538.photobucket.com/user/BrujahKirk/media/YetiFight1_zpsa8644236.png.html)

Centaur Hero
2014-03-19, 10:53 PM
One of the smaller beast's charges strait at Ulrik, it's claws slashing violently, and it's jaws open in a bestial scream!

I hit AC 17 which I believe is a hit on you. Unless you have like dodge or something. In which case you take 4 damage

It's claw comes slashing down, just ahead of you're shield block. Slashing you across the torso, not deep perhaps, but surely felt.

Another of the smaller ones charges Roshan.

Hit AC 22 Definately a hit. Take 6 damage.

It's claw rakes across from one shoulder to the other, spilling crimson fluid from you in a gout.

The largest one lumbers up with a little more reserve , but no less does his ferocious gaze startle then the others. He charges up behind one of the smaller ones, and swings his claw over it at Roshan!

You get +2 to AC from cover, but an 18 still gets you. Take 6 more damage.

The large claw of the beast cuts into your belly, and unconciousness creeps over you as you fall to the ground.

The final young one moves strait across the road, seeming to be cutting off reinforcements.

The wagon driver begins loading his crossbow, yelling, "A ruby to whoever takes down the big one!!!!!"

Anyone who is not currently being attacked can make out Yeti's attacking other wagons down the road behind you, and another ten or so pouring into the City gate. Other guards and merchants appear to be hard pressed as well.

Cleavon
2014-03-20, 12:06 AM
Updated positions after Yeti Initiative.
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/YetiFight12_zps244e782c.png (http://s538.photobucket.com/user/BrujahKirk/media/YetiFight12_zps244e782c.png.html)

1whoscribbled
2014-03-20, 10:45 AM
Corvo

Jumping off the wagon he charged away yelling, with his staff in hand "Get the wagon animals out of here, drive them away and the creatures might follow!" His eyes widen in fear as her approched the beast "Blast it." he said with a tone of dread eyeing the fallen form of Roshan as he rushed past "Could have ran you know" he said crisply "I never had these problems befor I met you."

Stopping behind ulrick he turned about to face the large beast. From his side pouch he pulls a strange yellow stone with many a strange run and holes drilled into it. "Over here you sack of filth, your Hide would even be worth the coin I could earn in a week begging" He roared, smiling as he tossed the stone at the base of the large Yeti's feet.

OOC
Move to O15

Intimidate check: [roll0]
-I take a minus 4 (total -2 since I have +2 cha, no skill points in it yet :smalltongue:) since its one size bigger than me

Throw Thunderstone at square M13

Attack Roll [roll1]

AC for the square is 5

Edited the page due to grammer:smallamused:

Centaur Hero
2014-03-20, 10:52 AM
When the thunderstone crashes to the ground, a sound like thunder echos across the tundra, and the smaller one near Roshans fallen body grabs his ears and looks like he's ready to bolt. The bigger one only seems more angry!

1whoscribbled
2014-03-20, 10:55 AM
Corvo
"Hmmm maybe not the best of ideas" he said chuckling "At least we got their full atention, eh?"
OOC:
So does the -4 from intive help us any?

Medic!
2014-03-20, 01:13 PM
Bargrum

"Ohhh a Ruby is the prize I seek, fer takin' a beastie from its feet!" The dwarf charges headlong towards the shaggy furred creatures, club raised high for punishment and money!

Charge to N-10, attacking the large yeti with his club.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Bargrum's AC should be 13 until the start of his next turn.

Centaur Hero
2014-03-20, 02:25 PM
As Bargrum charges the great beast, the Yeti utilizes his great reach and slashes down at the dwarf charging him. Cutting through armor just as easy as flesh the beast accepts the trade of blows. The greatclub pounds into his chest, and you believe you hear the crack of bone. With a great howl the beast still looks ready to fight however.

Attack of opportunity! Hit AC 16, a hit! take 7 damage from the attack.

Cleavon
2014-03-20, 04:55 PM
Ulrik

Seeing Roshan dropped to the cold ground Ulrik raises his axe and brings it down onto the smaller Yeti that was fool enough to come towards him.

"Och! Get at the big one boys I'll be on him in a jiff! Just gotta take care of this little blighter!"

Actions!
Attack the Yeti based to me.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Centaur Hero
2014-03-20, 10:45 PM
The mighty blow from Ulrik's axe crashed right into the beasts skull, and into the softer stuff inside. I'ts body drops limply to the ground. Although it was trying to kill you, you couldn't help but notice a vaguely human like visage in it's death gaze.

GFawkes
2014-03-21, 09:29 AM
Eric panics, fumbling behind his shield. Why can things never go to plan? Just once, a simple delivery that stays simple.

Fumbling, he weaves his free hand through the air, waving a bough of holly like a flag, trying to get attention. And attention it gets. The grass in the ground, even one of the trees nearby, reach for the yeti. Or was it yetis?

When the branches stopped moving, he turned to Romulus. "Romulus, attack!" With that, the wolf charges fiercely, surely braver than its master could muster, at the nearest yeti, jaws wide open.

Entangle cast centered on g-13. This hits the big yeti and the one at m-14 without touching the party. For the next minute, anything within 8 squares of g-13 moves at half speed and needs a DC 14 Reflex Save to not be entangled. If entangled, it's a DC 20 Strength or Escape Artist check to get out.

After that, Romulus to m-15 (outside the area of the entangle) and use his Bite attack on the Yeti at m-14.

To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Centaur Hero
2014-03-21, 10:50 AM
The small yeti that was affected by the thunderstone trys desperately to run away, but the undergrowth beneath holds him where he is.

The one near the gate moves into a flanking position with the larger one and slashes at Bargrums back!
I got AC 12, a miss.
But the attack glances harmlessly off of your armor!

The large one swings it's claws at Bargrum as well, furious at getting smacked by his club, and attempts to grab you!
I hit AC 28! A hit, almost a crit. Take 8 damage! Also beat a grapple at DC 23.

The wolf sucessfully gnawes on the dead one at Ulriks feet.

The Caravan driver fires his crossbow at the smaller Yeti behind Bargrum.
Hit AC 5, which happens to miss.
But the bolt never comes close.

Two archers fire from the wall!
Both hit the Yeti that was rooted to the ground. AC 17 and 19 respectively each for 3 damage
And both arrows thud into the deafened yeti, thats stuck to the ground. It seems to be redoubling its efforts at running away.

Fouredged Sword
2014-03-21, 10:52 AM
Roshan heroically does not bleed to death just yet!

(-2 hp)

1whoscribbled
2014-03-21, 03:32 PM
Corvo

Seeing that the beasts are starting to be driven back, he drops his staff and pulls out his sling. "Have a Taste of lead BEAST!" he yells once more trying to continue to distract the beast. All the whirl he whirls his sling to at the last moment he releases it, hurling the small bullet straight at the largest of the creatures head.

OOC:
Attack: Aimed at the large yeti [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If he is flat footed from the entangle spell then he gets to use his sneak attack damage.

snk atk dmg: [roll2]

Cleavon
2014-03-21, 05:23 PM
Ulrik

With his new friends being quite beaten about he turns on the larger Yeti, and grits his teeth.

"Clangeddin guide my steel...now take this yah yeti bastard!"

Seeing it so entangled and grabbing at Bargrum seemed like the perfect time to rush in for an attack.

Actions!
Charge the large Yeti. It is grappling so it threatens no squares, sparing me an attack of opportunity.

Charge!
[roll0]

Damage!
[roll1]

Centaur Hero
2014-03-21, 10:44 PM
The sling bullet catches the beast right in the head, shaking it off he lets out a snarl. But, just as he begins to lose hole on Bargrum, an axe chops down into him, and, having already been pounded on, he drops to the ground, limp as a doll. Bargrum is released from it's grasp as well.

The remaining Yeti's look like they are ready to bolt.

Cleavon
2014-03-21, 11:06 PM
Updated Map!
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/YetiFight13_zps683764cd.png (http://s538.photobucket.com/user/BrujahKirk/media/YetiFight13_zps683764cd.png.html)

Also:

Ulrik

Ulrik wastes no time moving to Bargrum and converting his preparation of Divine Favor for Cure Light Wounds.

[roll0]

Centaur Hero
2014-04-01, 11:21 AM
The Yeti's attacking the other wagons bolt as well as any who made it back out of the gate. The guards on the wall send out a last volley of arrows to speed them along. The wagon driver jumps from the seat, and quaffs a potion down the fallen adventurer.

healing 5 points of damage.

He then turns to Ulrik and tosses him a ruby, "Should fetch ya about 60gp in this neck a' tha woods." Then he pulls out five different purses, "30 gold ta each of you just as promised." He then goes about bringing his wagon inside the walls, and bids you all a farewell.

The yeti howls are slowly fading into the distance, you all feel that their escape is most likely imminent, although perhaps a good tracker could chase them down.

You all also hear histarical crying from just inside the gates. Perhaps the man is in trouble?

There are also some guards grumbling just outside the gate.

Lastly, as the final wagon rolls up to the gate, a stout dwarf woman mentions something about how she will make it to the dwarven valley with her guards dead.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-01, 11:26 AM
Roshan stands and thanks the caravan driver for the potion. He places his hand on his own chest and it glows with a green light for a moment, and Roshan's wounds close a little more (cure minor wounds).

Roshan considers talking to the lady dwarf trader, but the sound of someone crying stirs his heartstrings. Any caravan won't be leaving until dawn anyway. The sound of suffering is a more immediate concern. He shuffles off to find the cause of the noise. Maybe he can get a drink with the trader later, when everyone is out of the cold.

Medic!
2014-04-01, 11:32 AM
Bargrum

Bargrum untangles himself from the Yeti's grasp, absent-mindedly sticking his hand in some gore as he pushes the beast off himself. He howls vulgarities best not repeated after the fleeing monsters and wipes his hand on his armor, offering a handshake to Ulrik, "Thank 'e kindly for the helpin' hand, and congrats, me brother on cleansin' th' land, o' a nasty critter o' evil desire an' winnin' th' promised gemstone o' fire! BAHAHA!"

He leans in closer to Ulrik with a conspiratorial wink and whispers, "Blasted lucky it was a dwarf that bested me, I'd hold it against any other but yer alright with me!" He slaps Ulrik on the shoulder and resumes his marching tune as he stows his gold for safe-keeping.

Don't want to rush anything with a mega-post, planning on offerin' his club to the dwarf woman...possibly offering to be hired by her as well ;) But I can go with whatever the party wants to do.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-01, 02:40 PM
Roshan stands and thanks the caravan driver for the potion. He places his hand on his own chest and it glows with a green light for a moment, and Roshan's wounds close a little more (cure minor wounds).

Roshan considers talking to the lady dwarf trader, but the sound of someone crying stirs his heartstrings. Any caravan won't be leaving until dawn anyway. The sound of suffering is a more immediate concern. He shuffles off to find the cause of the noise. Maybe he can get a drink with the trader later, when everyone is out of the cold.

For Roshan only!!!! Unless someone follows.
As you leave the sounds of dwarven curses and grumblings behind and step into the largest of the ten-towns, you see a man standing in front of a store sitting in the snow with his hands over his face crying, and sputtering, "Why did I even pay for his protection?!?! Where was he when I needed him most?! Why me????

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-01, 03:03 PM
Roshan slides up to the crying man as well as 400lbs of orc and travel supplies can slide. He extends a hand in a welcoming gesture and speaks with words carefully formed around tusks.

"Are you alright good sir? You look all manner of distraught. What ill fortune has fallen on you?"

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Centaur Hero
2014-04-01, 04:46 PM
Roshan slides up to the crying man as well as 400lbs of orc and travel supplies can slide. He extends a hand in a welcoming gesture and speaks with words carefully formed around tusks.

"Are you alright good sir? You look all manner of distraught. What ill fortune has fallen on you?"

Diplomacy
[roll0]

He stops his sobbing, and introduces himself as Rierdon. " Could you help me recover some extortion money, that bastard Slim told me it was for protection, but as you can see the yeti's damaged my shop, so I need the money back! If you will help me, I will gladly split the 150 gold with you! If you agree meet me at the Northlook inn at midnight. We'll have a little chat with him."

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-01, 05:24 PM
"What business have you gotten yourself into? Meeting at midnight and such dealing make me concerned for the.. peacefulness of such an encounter."

Sense Motive
[roll0]

GFawkes
2014-04-01, 06:07 PM
Eric looks through the city, hoping to find some warmer clothing that fits him. As nice as the magic was, it's just easier to have a physical object providing warmth. Looking at Romulus, he wonders what it would be like to have a fur coat.

Buying a cold weather outfit and winter blanket. Total of 6 sp for the Blanket, 9.6 gp for the outfit, grand total 10.2 gp spent.

Cleavon
2014-04-01, 09:45 PM
Ulrik

Giving Bargrums hand a hearty shake as he plunges his axe into the snow to clean the Yeti blood from it, He listens to the man as he produces his knife and begins to skin a large portion of the big Yeti.

"Aye, those lugs hit hard and don't know much about quittin' We got 'em cut low easy enough though! It be nice to have another of the dwarven kin along for this journey."

He gathered up the skin, enough for a grand cloak and a nice big hood and tied it up with a portion of rope. It was easy enough to find a ranger, and as he bartered with the man he heard that dwarven lilt to a womans voice. Thinking on it he produced a couple of gold coins to the Ranger.

"I have but two gold on me in coin 'm friend, but I'll have more soon. If'n ye can take these two for now and get to work I can pay ye another eighteen at works end. I want the best though! Warm and luxurious!"

Ulrik makes sure to discreetly show the Ranger the ruby that he has to sell, as well as inquiring if the man knows a place he could sell the gem for a fair price. In the back of his mind though he makes sure to note what he can about the Dwarven woman, sure to approach her when he is done with his transaction.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-01, 10:36 PM
"What business have you gotten yourself into? Meeting at midnight and such dealing make me concerned for the.. peacefulness of such an encounter."

Sense Motive
[roll0]

He says "Slim and his gang of thugs only operate at night for the most part". You get the feeling that he is being honest with you about all of it. "If he see's that I have a little muscle with me he will probably just give in".

Centaur Hero
2014-04-01, 10:42 PM
Eric looks through the city, hoping to find some warmer clothing that fits him. As nice as the magic was, it's just easier to have a physical object providing warmth. Looking at Romulus, he wonders what it would be like to have a fur coat.

Buying a cold weather outfit and winter blanket. Total of 6 sp for the Blanket, 9.6 gp for the outfit, grand total 10.2 gp spent.

Only for Eric: You have no problems finding any of the few stores in town, in the town square though, you see a man in rags chained to a stake in the ground. On closer look, he must be close to 7 feet tall with broad shoulders and long blonde hair. Scars run freely across his skin. Some local kids begin to throw stones at him as you watch, and the adults egg them on.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-01, 10:44 PM
Ulrik

Giving Bargrums hand a hearty shake as he plunges his axe into the snow to clean the Yeti blood from it, He listens to the man as he produces his knife and begins to skin a large portion of the big Yeti.

"Aye, those lugs hit hard and don't know much about quittin' We got 'em cut low easy enough though! It be nice to have another of the dwarven kin along for this journey."

He gathered up the skin, enough for a grand cloak and a nice big hood and tied it up with a portion of rope. It was easy enough to find a ranger, and as he bartered with the man he heard that dwarven lilt to a womans voice. Thinking on it he produced a couple of gold coins to the Ranger.

"I have but two gold on me in coin 'm friend, but I'll have more soon. If'n ye can take these two for now and get to work I can pay ye another eighteen at works end. I want the best though! Warm and luxurious!"

Ulrik makes sure to discreetly show the Ranger the ruby that he has to sell, as well as inquiring if the man knows a place he could sell the gem for a fair price. In the back of his mind though he makes sure to note what he can about the Dwarven woman, sure to approach her when he is done with his transaction.

"Ok, but no cloak until I receive payment." The ranger replies. He also tells you about a couple stores in town, all of similar prestige.

Medic!
2014-04-02, 01:35 AM
Bargrum

Bargrum tags along with Ulrik, glad for a kinsman-companion. He strolls nonchalantly along taking in the sights and leaving whatever graces his finger behind on walls, shop stalls, and the occasional unlucky passer-by or animal as he digs about in his ears and nose with no shame. As they search out a ranger to make Ulrik's cloak he softly sings to himself, "Oh they'll sing o' Bargrum the bold...killer o' yetis and shirker o' cold..." his finger finds a particularly nasty specimen in his nostril and makes an odd chunking sound as he flicks it onto a nearby wall-plank, "...gen'rus as a king with 'is own dorven gold..."

As Ulrik bargains with the ranger they find for his tanning services, Bargrum digs into his pouch and produces the 18 gold balance. Wordlessly he presses it into the ranger's hand and gives him a look in dwarven that says "Ye better be good to hold up yer end."

He continues to follow Ulrik, whistling tunelessly.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-02, 06:41 AM
Bargrum

Bargrum tags along with Ulrik, glad for a kinsman-companion. He strolls nonchalantly along taking in the sights and leaving whatever graces his finger behind on walls, shop stalls, and the occasional unlucky passer-by or animal as he digs about in his ears and nose with no shame. As they search out a ranger to make Ulrik's cloak he softly sings to himself, "Oh they'll sing o' Bargrum the bold...killer o' yetis and shirker o' cold..." his finger finds a particularly nasty specimen in his nostril and makes an odd chunking sound as he flicks it onto a nearby wall-plank, "...gen'rus as a king with 'is own dorven gold..."

As Ulrik bargains with the ranger they find for his tanning services, Bargrum digs into his pouch and produces the 18 gold balance. Wordlessly he presses it into the ranger's hand and gives him a look in dwarven that says "Ye better be good to hold up yer end."

He continues to follow Ulrik, whistling tunelessly.

The ranger nods, and accepts payment.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-02, 10:47 AM
Roshan stops for a moment and simply gives Rierdon a flat look. After the moment has passed, Roshan lets loose a sigh that releases his momentary frustration with the shop owner.

"Listen lad. You got two problems that are not easily fixed. You will not be able to solve one without solving the other, and both are problems that require more than just the help of a stranger. You need to take your eyes of the root that you are currently fighting with and plot yourself a way out of the woods, not just out of the bush you are stuck in.

The first problem is that yetis damaged your store. That be nature for you. However much we think we have her walled away and tamed into farmland nice and proper, she shows she still has teeth. Up here in the north, that goes double. You need to be prepared to protect the things you must have, and be ready to do without the things you can't protect. You seem like you cannot protect your shop. This is a problem. If I help you now, I will be gone tomorrow, and you go right back up the creek with the ice closing in behind your bow.

The second problem is that you fed the wolves. This is the worst part of the city living. People forget that a wolf is a wolf, and it won't change it's nature just because you treat it like a guard dog. You could get my aid, and get your money back, but I wander on tomorrow, and again, you find yourself up the creek. You need to get the real guard dogs of the city. Those who won't be wandering on tomorrow, the town guard. They won't likely be able to get your money back, but that money is likely lost already. It passed out of your reach the moment you gave it to a beast who won't return your kindness. The wolves have scented blood from your weakness, and they will come back for more so long as you are too weak to defend what is yours. That is not a problem that I can fix.

I would help if I could, but all I fear I could do for you is win the first round of a fight that ends up over your head."

Cleavon
2014-04-02, 12:26 PM
Ulrik

Upon Bargrum offering up the remainder of payment for his cloak he clapped the dwarf on the shoulder.

"Thanks friend! I'm good for it of course."

He returned to the gates and got his Donkey, taking a meager carrot from the pack saddles that it holds and feeding it as he lead it along. He turned to Bargrum and gave him a nod, then looked over pointedly at the Dwarven merchant. The female had said something disconcerting to him and as he lead his donkey and his new friend over he hailed her openly.

"Well met! I'm Ulrik, follower of Clanggeddin, and my friend here is Bargrum, a stout warrior if'n there ever was one. I couldn't help bu hear of your slain guards..My condolences, and a pox on the nuts of the devils who slew them! What might I call ye Madame?"

GFawkes
2014-04-02, 10:01 PM
Only for Eric: You have no problems finding any of the few stores in town, in the town square though, you see a man in rags chained to a stake in the ground. On closer look, he must be close to 7 feet tall with broad shoulders and long blonde hair. Scars run freely across his skin. Some local kids begin to throw stones at him as you watch, and the adults egg them on.

Eric watches the crowd, stepping up to one adult in the back. "What's going on here? I haven't seen something like this before." he asks , cautiously eyeing up the chained man.

Can I figure out what the chained guy is on an untrained knowledge check (DC 10 or lower)? I'll Take 10 (result of 11) if possible.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-02, 10:35 PM
Eric watches the crowd, stepping up to one adult in the back. "What's going on here? I haven't seen something like this before." he asks , cautiously eyeing up the chained man.

Can I figure out what the chained guy is on an untrained knowledge check (DC 10 or lower)? I'll Take 10 (result of 11) if possible.

You figure that he is one of the barbarians of the tundra. "Damn barbarian snuck into a store and stole the lockbox, set er back a few hunnerd gold I hear. Not sure he deserves to be condemned to death by exposure, but I ain't the sherrif neither." Replies the adult.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-02, 10:37 PM
Roshan stops for a moment and simply gives Rierdon a flat look. After the moment has passed, Roshan lets loose a sigh that releases his momentary frustration with the shop owner.

"Listen lad. You got two problems that are not easily fixed. You will not be able to solve one without solving the other, and both are problems that require more than just the help of a stranger. You need to take your eyes of the root that you are currently fighting with and plot yourself a way out of the woods, not just out of the bush you are stuck in.

The first problem is that yetis damaged your store. That be nature for you. However much we think we have her walled away and tamed into farmland nice and proper, she shows she still has teeth. Up here in the north, that goes double. You need to be prepared to protect the things you must have, and be ready to do without the things you can't protect. You seem like you cannot protect your shop. This is a problem. If I help you now, I will be gone tomorrow, and you go right back up the creek with the ice closing in behind your bow.

The second problem is that you fed the wolves. This is the worst part of the city living. People forget that a wolf is a wolf, and it won't change it's nature just because you treat it like a guard dog. You could get my aid, and get your money back, but I wander on tomorrow, and again, you find yourself up the creek. You need to get the real guard dogs of the city. Those who won't be wandering on tomorrow, the town guard. They won't likely be able to get your money back, but that money is likely lost already. It passed out of your reach the moment you gave it to a beast who won't return your kindness. The wolves have scented blood from your weakness, and they will come back for more so long as you are too weak to defend what is yours. That is not a problem that I can fix.

I would help if I could, but all I fear I could do for you is win the first round of a fight that ends up over your head."

"I plan to hire a full time guard with the money if I get it back, Slim's gotta finally be told he can't bully people, I would appreciate the help, and my family would be greatful, but I'm going with or without you." Rierdan replies.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-02, 10:41 PM
Ulrik

Upon Bargrum offering up the remainder of payment for his cloak he clapped the dwarf on the shoulder.

"Thanks friend! I'm good for it of course."

He returned to the gates and got his Donkey, taking a meager carrot from the pack saddles that it holds and feeding it as he lead it along. He turned to Bargrum and gave him a nod, then looked over pointedly at the Dwarven merchant. The female had said something disconcerting to him and as he lead his donkey and his new friend over he hailed her openly.

"Well met! I'm Ulrik, follower of Clanggeddin, and my friend here is Bargrum, a stout warrior if'n there ever was one. I couldn't help bu hear of your slain guards..My condolences, and a pox on the nuts of the devils who slew them! What might I call ye Madame?"

"Thank ye for th' kind words, they will be missed, and my name is Helda Silverstream. Pleased to meet ye both. I am here to visit my uncle Stokely Silverstream down in the dwarven valley and see what all this fuss about black ice is. See if it's worth fillin me cart with it and bringin it back to Mithral hall. I could pay ye for th' trouble if yer fer hire I don't dare make the journey by meself. I'd be willing to wait a day or two in need be." She replied.

Cleavon
2014-04-03, 05:48 PM
"Thank ye for th' kind words, they will be missed, and my name is Helda Silverstream. Pleased to meet ye both. I am here to visit my uncle Stokely Silverstream down in the dwarven valley and see what all this fuss about black ice is. See if it's worth fillin me cart with it and bringin it back to Mithral hall. I could pay ye for th' trouble if yer fer hire I don't dare make the journey by meself. I'd be willing to wait a day or two in need be." She replied.

Ulrik

Thinking on this, Ulrik turned and looked to Bargrum.

"What do you say friend? Might be worth taking a trip to the valley for a few days. We might even be able to talk a few of those other boys into coming as well. Make for a nice safe trip."

He ran a hand through his beard as he turned back to Helda.

"If it please ye Madame Silverstream a day or two would work nicely. We have some acquaintances that might want to make the trip as well. We'll confer with them and then come and find ye and let yah know what our plans are."

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-03, 06:14 PM
Roshan thinks on the man for a moment.

"Alright, you have me convinced. I will help you, but not just now. I got mauled earlier and I still feel the hurt from that. Also, I traveled here with some fellows who may be right up the alley of the kinds of people we needs to solve this problem. Also, I need to see a dwarf about my next bit of work. I will meet you back here, say two hours after dark. That should give us time to prepare to face your extorters."

Roshan then makes his goodbyes and finds his way to a church of Chauntea, hopeing to purchase a casting of lesser vigor to cure his wounds. Maybe a friendly fellow worshiper can get a discount. Roshan smiles in amusement at the thought. He loves a nice discount.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-03, 10:17 PM
Ulrik

Thinking on this, Ulrik turned and looked to Bargrum.

"What do you say friend? Might be worth taking a trip to the valley for a few days. We might even be able to talk a few of those other boys into coming as well. Make for a nice safe trip."

He ran a hand through his beard as he turned back to Helda.

"If it please ye Madame Silverstream a day or two would work nicely. We have some acquaintances that might want to make the trip as well. We'll confer with them and then come and find ye and let yah know what our plans are."

She agrees, "any time you are ready just meet me in the common room of Kelvin's comfort."

Centaur Hero
2014-04-03, 10:22 PM
Roshan thinks on the man for a moment.

"Alright, you have me convinced. I will help you, but not just now. I got mauled earlier and I still feel the hurt from that. Also, I traveled here with some fellows who may be right up the alley of the kinds of people we needs to solve this problem. Also, I need to see a dwarf about my next bit of work. I will meet you back here, say two hours after dark. That should give us time to prepare to face your extorters."

Roshan then makes his goodbyes and finds his way to a church of Chauntea, hopeing to purchase a casting of lesser vigor to cure his wounds. Maybe a friendly fellow worshiper can get a discount. Roshan smiles in amusement at the thought. He loves a nice discount.

"Most excellent!" The man beems cheerfully. "We shall serve him some justice!"

As you go on you're way you see no temples, although, when you get to the town square you do hear a man walking towards another man who is chained to a stake in the ground, in threadbare rags, chanting about how Auril will accept his death as a sacrifice.

Medic!
2014-04-04, 01:28 PM
Bargrum

Bargrum's lips flap as he nods his ascent to Ulrik's plans to help Helda. "We'll gather th' troops, good earthen lass, escort ye to yer Uncle and protect your AGH!" The end of the dwarf's rhyme is cut short by an elbow from Ulrik. He seems not to mind it a bit, "So uh...where'd the rest of that lot we came in with git off to d'y's'pose?"

1whoscribbled
2014-04-04, 05:09 PM
"You don't pay thieves and expect them to fall through without collateral" Corvo said wearily as he pocketed the pouch of gold "Much less expect a theif to give back the money ...."

And all the con artist has to say is that he doesn't know whats going on since I bet no one else witnessed the event ...

"But if you realy want to rough him up you got to give use some sort of reassurance that the towns guard wont come knocking on our doors ... so to speak."

Cleavon
2014-04-04, 07:16 PM
Bargrum

Bargrum's lips flap as he nods his ascent to Ulrik's plans to help Helda. "We'll gather th' troops, good earthen lass, escort ye to yer Uncle and protect your AGH!" The end of the dwarf's rhyme is cut short by an elbow from Ulrik. He seems not to mind it a bit, "So uh...where'd the rest of that lot we came in with git off to d'y's'pose?"

Ulrik

Shrugging his shoulders he turned to look about, to see if any of them had remained around the gate. He didn't see anyone right off though.

"I dinnae know. Lets split up and check about. Meet back here afore it gets too dark and we'll see who we've found."

Centaur Hero
2014-04-04, 10:34 PM
"You don't pay thieves and expect them to fall through without collateral" Corvo said wearily as he pocketed the pouch of gold "Much less expect a theif to give back the money ...."

And all the con artist has to say is that he doesn't know whats going on since I bet no one else witnessed the event ...

"But if you realy want to rough him up you got to give use some sort of reassurance that the towns guard wont come knocking on our doors ... so to speak."

"They like to opperate outside the law sometimes, and I doubt anyone would shed a tear for him."

1whoscribbled
2014-04-06, 01:07 AM
Corvo

Smiling with a dark twinkle in his eye "Well then lets go have a talk with this poor bloke ... he needs to understand the situation and I'm sure he would love to return his money for failing in his duties"

Centaur Hero
2014-04-06, 10:32 AM
So, as night begins in full, just a mere four hours from midnight, the last of you're group is rounded up, the air is more friged than the coldest ale. The barbarian man begins to howl out in the night in anguish. Much to the pleasure of the gathering followers of Auril in the town square. The inn's are even more inviting than they were before, the smells of woodfire, and roasting meat makes all of you're mouths water. Time to make a plan perhaps....

Cleavon
2014-04-06, 06:39 PM
Ulrik

Having plenty of coin after selling the ruby he earned he made sure to pay Bargrum back the gold he had given the Ranger. After, he carefully weighed the words of those who had met people and found out information. It was all quite interesting, who knew Bryn Shander would provide such a large amount of excitement.

"Hmm. Well, seems like we could help one another out, and we did indeed work well afore. What da ye think fellows? If'n you all would help with this trek to the dwarven valley in a couple days I imagine anything that needed doing in the mean time could be sussed out easy by the lot 'o us eh?"

It was clear Ulrik wasn't very happy about the sounds of anguish from the barbarian either...though eh as yet to go and actually see it for himself.

"So if'n you all are up for that, what da ye wanna do first?"

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-06, 07:26 PM
Roshan nods in thanks to the offers of help.

"I would be glad to wander in the direction of the dwarven valley. Good drink there, and scrimshaw to bring back to sell. In 4 hours I have to scare some ruffians, if anyone want to tag along I will split the 150 gold pay. I don't really sympathies with the fellow myself, but he seems at the end of his rope, so we may as well pull him up.

Oh, and who is up for pissin of the ice maidn's prissy pants by helping that poor fellow they got in chains out there live through the night? I think we may be able to dress him in warm cloths and get a hot meal into him, maybe leave him with a nice blanket. I think if we sneak back out before dawn we can give them a real scare when their sacrifice lived through the night, maybe talk them into letting him go. That will serve those fools who arn't smart enough to come in out of the cold. A nice fire is the fix for a cod night, not a bloody sacrifice."

GFawkes
2014-04-07, 01:53 PM
"That could work. But it feels weird going against the local law. I guess I'm more dwarf than I thought." Eric offers to the group, having left the square after learning what was going on.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-07, 02:05 PM
Roshan gives off a low growl and a look of anger crosses his face as he looks off into the distance for a moment. Bad memories there, of cold nights on the steps. He smothers it quickly and continues in the tone of someone giving a lesson.

"A local law that leads to a man being left for the cold isn't a law that you should feel bad for breaking. I won't ask you to help if you don't want to. I should have everything I need myself, but I would prefer the aid of someone sneaker than I to help the man directly, just in case. If I can keep him alive until morning, I can buy him another day without too much commotion besides him being alive. The winter is a beast that cannot be appeased, not by sacrifice nor prayer. The best you can do is make sure your larder is stocked and your walls strong. Death by exposure is something I wouldn't wish on anyone."

Medic!
2014-04-07, 03:09 PM
Bargrum

Bargrum's mouth is filled, if not silenced, by generous chomps of roast. After several bites his eyebrows shoot up, his meal interrupted by the staked man's howling. "That is e-nough...that. is. e. nuff!"

He smears the grease from his meal all about his armor wiping his hands off absently as he rises and stalks out the door in a huff. His bellow can be heard just outside the door as he marches indignantly towards the spectacle of the sacrificed man, "BY MORADIN'S BRAIDED BUTT-HAIRS SHUT YER YAP! HOW'S A DWARF TO EAT WHILE HEARIN' THIS CRAP!?"

Bargrum sets out to confront the howling barbarian in quite the huff.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-07, 05:38 PM
Bargrum

Bargrum's mouth is filled, if not silenced, by generous chomps of roast. After several bites his eyebrows shoot up, his meal interrupted by the staked man's howling. "That is e-nough...that. is. e. nuff!"

He smears the grease from his meal all about his armor wiping his hands off absently as he rises and stalks out the door in a huff. His bellow can be heard just outside the door as he marches indignantly towards the spectacle of the sacrificed man, "BY MORADIN'S BRAIDED BUTT-HAIRS SHUT YER YAP! HOW'S A DWARF TO EAT WHILE HEARIN' THIS CRAP!?"

Bargrum sets out to confront the howling barbarian in quite the huff.

When you finally see the poor wretch, he is bleeding from multiple wounds, and his face is begining to turn blue. People seem to be trying to ignore him. He is screaming about how he was set up. "Come people, nowhere in the world is the punishment for theft death! I was not even tried!!!!"

Medic!
2014-04-07, 05:54 PM
Bargrum

Bargrum stomps up to the chained man, looking him square in the eye, toe to toe. "Izzat so then? Here's yer tried: Did ye steal somethin'? And if so fer what reason? Eh?"

He glances to the chain and stake used to keep the man in place as he questions him.

Looking at the chain, how it's fastened to him, how it's fastened to the stake. Is it a wooden stake just driven into the ground, etc?

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-07, 08:07 PM
Roshan follows into the cold night. He marvels that there are still people about in the cold and dark.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-07, 11:00 PM
Bargrum

Bargrum stomps up to the chained man, looking him square in the eye, toe to toe. "Izzat so then? Here's yer tried: Did ye steal somethin'? And if so fer what reason? Eh?"

He glances to the chain and stake used to keep the man in place as he questions him.

Looking at the chain, how it's fastened to him, how it's fastened to the stake. Is it a wooden stake just driven into the ground, etc?

A very stout chain with a steel stake in the ground, fastened to his ankle.

"I stole nothin." He says. "An I don't mind dyin, it's just that I was sent here by my tribe to get help. If I die, so too will the tribe of the Elk I fear. Then nothing will stand between Ten towns and the ice witch!" He slumps down to his knees. "That damn woman said I stole some knitting supplies. Do I seem like the knitting type? Then when that weren't enough, she said I stole personal belongings of hers. Then when it still weren't enough she said I stole her bloody lockbox, filled with riches she says. Half the damn city guards are thugs working on Slims payrole, and te other half worship Auril it seems. Damned goddess of snow!" He then pleads. "Please kind dwarf, release me, or see to my release. I am a friend of you're kin in the Valley, clan Battlehammer. We trade with them frequently."

1whoscribbled
2014-04-08, 12:19 PM
Corvo Murrick

"Whatever the cause you have yet to be judged guilty so lets see if I can get you out this little thing once all these so called good folk have left for the evening and we shall spirit you out of here." Corvo said grinning "In exchange I want to know everything about this land, perhaps a place to stay awhile...." he chuckled for a moment "As you can see I'm not exactly the most prosperous of individuals and to be honest I like the challenge. Anyone care to act as a lookout then?"

So can you tell me more about the area around the bound barbarian please and how many people woud be here at the moment. Are there any gaurds, is the area around him lit with torches,ect ...

Medic!
2014-04-08, 02:55 PM
Bargrum

Never one for lengthy debate when action is available, and still injured enough to be bordering on the Blood Rage, the dwarf reaches out and grabs one side of the barbarian's face affectionately. "Called fer help in dire need, howled and holl'r'd an ruined me mead! Help ye ask and help ye get, help me tug an' we'll free ye yet!"

Bargrum begins wrapping lengths of chain about his arm down close the stake and when the barbarian is ready, gives a nod, followed by a tug with all (and I do mean ALL!) his might!

Rash? Yeah probly, but it'll be fun! [roll0] (hopefully with an aid another from the barbarian) I love it when the dice support an RP decision <3

Centaur Hero
2014-04-08, 03:13 PM
Bargrum

Never one for lengthy debate when action is available, and still injured enough to be bordering on the Blood Rage, the dwarf reaches out and grabs one side of the barbarian's face affectionately. "Called fer help in dire need, howled and holl'r'd an ruined me mead! Help ye ask and help ye get, help me tug an' we'll free ye yet!"

Bargrum begins wrapping lengths of chain about his arm down close the stake and when the barbarian is ready, gives a nod, followed by a tug with all (and I do mean ALL!) his might!

Rash? Yeah probly, but it'll be fun! [roll0] (hopefully with an aid another from the barbarian) I love it when the dice support an RP decision <3

The barbarian is very weak from this ordeal, though still stronger by far than the average man, with his help, you pull the stake out no problem. Few people are looking in your direction at the moment, although a few go scurrying off to find a guard or hide presumebly.
"Thank you kind dwarf, but my mission is not yet complete. The tribe of the bear has taken up arms against us and the Ice witch is closing in on us from the other side. I need further help from you good sir, if you would have my people survive. I fear I have lingered too long already, we must go. Please help us!"

Medic!
2014-04-08, 03:22 PM
Bargrum

Bargrum turns to Corvo, "Well my friend, what d'ye say? Shall we help this lad an' save the day?"

1whoscribbled
2014-04-08, 08:12 PM
Corvo

"Why not but first let me get these manacles off you". He said as he took out his picks and went to work.

OOC: Open lock[roll0]

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-08, 08:27 PM
"Sounds like that shopkeep who asked for my help is getting left in the cold. Well, he made his bed. Alright everyone we are going. We break for the valley of the dwareves. For those who don't know, that's east. For those who can't find east, follow me. No time for lockpicks, we make for the east gate. By Pahluruk's Blessing!"

Roshan lifts his staff and suddenly his gear seems to pull inward. His form changes to that of a great brown bear shaggy and covered with long white tipped fur. His hands become mighty claws and his jaw juts forward in a powerful toothy snout. His eyes remain the same calm grey, barely changing to suit his new form.

He lifts the barbarian over his shoulder and sets out towards the east gate. They have to get there before the guard get warning. Once we are past the gate, the night and the cold will serve as the best of rearguards!

Centaur Hero
2014-04-08, 08:36 PM
[B][COLOR="#006400"]
He lifts the barbarian over his shoulder and sets out towards the east gate. They have to get there before the guard get warning. Once we are past the gate, the night and the cold will serve as the best of rearguards!

The barbarian resists being carried. Insisting that his legs are not broke and he can run any of you into the ground. If any of you have business here in town, I could meet you outside the walls at first light. But I have no problem with leaving now."

However, if you wish to push the issue

He got a 21 on his grapple check.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-08, 09:02 PM
Roshan turns back into a orc.

"Very well. We are likely soon to be an issue with the guards, and I have no desire to get caught between a guard and his duty. Lets move east."

Cleavon
2014-04-08, 09:26 PM
Ulrik

Coming upon this ridiculous scene, Ulrik raises a hand in the air and seems quite distraught. It had taken him a moment to find the lot of them, having only seen them move off in this direction as he tended to his mule, Old Joffey.

"Och what in the seven hells do ye think yer doin'? They ain't gonna take too kindly to this around town you know!"

He kept his voice down, and was indeed rational enough for someone to explain the situation. He mulled it over, and then added his piece.

"I don't like going about this in this way, but if what you say is true lad...then there's much more at stake."

Turning to Roshan he tilted his head.

"Lets leave at first light. I have a caravan ready to go, just have to meet with a Madame Silverstream. She is headed to the dwarven valley as well, might give our new...friend...a little more cover."

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-09, 09:33 AM
"All right, lets get this fellow hidden a little. Here, it's cold anyway, bundle up, it will help hide your face. Lets get to this caravan who will help hide our friend here."

Roshan hands over a spare cold weather outfit to the barbarian.

Cleavon
2014-04-09, 05:43 PM
"All right, lets get this fellow hidden a little. Here, it's cold anyway, bundle up, it will help hide your face. Lets get to this caravan who will help hide our friend here."

Roshan hands over a spare cold weather outfit to the barbarian.

Ulrik

Having spoken to Hengar a bit more Ulrik worked a hand through his beard.

"It be seemin' your tribe is not in the direction we thought lad. Lets get ye hidden and leave in the mornin anyway, but I don't think Madame Silverstream would be willin to head to the dwarven valley with no guards. Mayhap we can just leave her be and escort Hengar on foot. We can pick up some provisions tonight, turns out the fellow I hired to make me a Yeti fur cloak is sympathetic to our new friends plight. I imagine he could get us anything we need for the journey without having to tip our hand that we're leaving."

Centaur Hero
2014-04-10, 11:32 AM
Hengar agrees, and thanks you for the clothes, "I will do a preliminary scout of the way out of town, meet me about a mile down the eastway at first light. I suppose I we can escourt your friend to the valley, but we must be quick about it!"

1whoscribbled
2014-04-10, 05:44 PM
Corvo

"Agreed, the last thing we need is to be found by any guards they send out ... and to help you of course." he said while walking along "Now. Where should we rest for the night?"

Cleavon
2014-04-10, 06:56 PM
Ulrik

"I've to meet Madame Silverstream at Kelvins Comfort, so we might as well make for there. Best to be gettin away from here though, we don't want to be found here having released our new friend."

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-10, 07:21 PM
Well, I figure we should make accommodations at an inn, then I will go settle the matter of the extortioners I mentioned earlier. I know that things have gotten a little more complicated, but my offer to split the reward is still on the table.

Medic!
2014-04-14, 11:30 AM
Bargrum

Altogether happy with the outcome of his mid-dinner liberation mission, Bargrum happily whistles a dwarven drinking tune among his new comrades. "Happy I'd be, to bully yer bullies, catch a few winks, then strike for the gullies!"

He cracks his knuckles loudly, looking eager to tenderize some unruly meatsacks.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-14, 04:41 PM
At Kelvin's comfort, the proprietor, a Dwarf named Ogden Flamebeard, offer's his signature drink Flamebeards Firebrandy, at the low price of 5 coppers a flaggon. He is quite a flamboyant person, loud and in your face. There is also a stew on boil, for 2 7 coppers, a silver if you want a piece of bread with it.

Around the room is lot's of dwarven craft items around. Including clan Battlehammer items.

The lady Silverstream abliges to leave with you at first light. Saying that she will be happy to be underway.

Midnight fast approaches as you eat and drink and be marry.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-15, 11:02 AM
Roshan drinks and eats with abandon, mayhaps drinking more than he should, but he is not one to hold back when good things are before him. He downs two if the dwarven brew and finishes two bowls of soup and a end of bread, enjoying every warm bite in the chill of the night.

When it becomes closer to midnight though, Roshan looks more serious. He turns to his companions and sighs.

"Alright fellows. It is time to go pull a donkey out of a hole. Who is comming with me?"

Medic!
2014-04-15, 06:19 PM
Bargrum

Bargrum spends his evening surreptitiously stealing swallows from other people's mugs and nibbles off plates when nobody is looking. As midnight draws near and Roshan issues the call to battle, Bargrum wipes his greasy fingers on his armor and pounds a table, scattering plateware as he launches to his feet with an obnoxious cackle.

Cleavon
2014-04-15, 07:16 PM
Ulrik

Spending most of the night having Dinner with Madame Silverstream, Ulrik had certainly tied one on by the time Midnight had come. He had taken to rolling dice made from the bones of Knucklehead trout with a couple of local dwarven lads for coppers when Roshan made the announcement that he was going to meet with his contact. Ulrik bid the dice game farewell a few coppers poorer than when he had started the game hours earlier.

"Why not. Couldn't hurt to go and see what all of this is about. I'll go."

Centaur Hero
2014-04-15, 10:04 PM
Once you are all rounded up, it's easy enough to find Rierdon outside of the Northlook, "Ready?" He asks, holding a club in his hands, "Let us pay Slim a visit shall we, I have already spoken to Scramsax, the proprieter, he has told me which room to go to, apparently Slim sees many people in private so he was not suspicious of my asking for him."

As you all follow him, you come into the common room, much less savory then that of Kelvins comfort, and you now know why people prefer Kelvins comfort. Two seperate fights are going on, on different sides of the room, and women are being dawdled on the knees of other men. The man behind the bar looks like the veteran of a thousand battles, and he pays little attention to the squabbles around the room, only wiping down the bar absently.

"Follow me." Rierdon says, and he begins to make his way across the room, and then up a couple flights of stairs, until you get to the third floor, and there only seems to be two rooms in the hallway, one to each side. "I'll let you lads do the honors." He points to the door on the right.

As one of you readies to knock however, you hear a muffled scream, and then a thud, followed by some chuckles, and one voice says in a discustingly happy tone, "Look at em! He's bleeding like a pig! Bloody glad it ain't me mess to be cleanin, bloody harper, died just the same as anyone else eh?"

Cleavon
2014-04-15, 11:42 PM
The Map!
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/RealInn2_zps00be6b0b.png (http://s538.photobucket.com/user/BrujahKirk/media/RealInn2_zps00be6b0b.png.html)

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-16, 07:03 AM
Roshan checks his sudden adranalin rush as his hand reached for the door handle. 'No' he thinks to himself. 'There is a better way to handle this, what would a true druid do in this situation, what would my teacher do?'

After the barest moment he realizes his path.

In an instant he shifts and rams a trunk like furry leg through the door.

Strength check
[roll0]

Ow, bad roll there. Sorry guys!

Centaur Hero
2014-04-16, 10:05 AM
Roshan's mighty kick does not quite cause a splinter in the wood, perhaps overeagerness played a factor?

On the other side of the door, you hear someone yell out. "Who's there?!?!?!"

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-16, 02:52 PM
Roshan sighs into his paw, looking very embarrassed. He pushes the door open and ambles into the room with a shrug and a sheepish look on his face. He sidesteps away from the thug at K5, staying out of reach, and moves to stand over the wounded person. He grumbles out some words garbled by his lack of articulated lips that sounds a little like "my bad" run through a blender.

He then proceeds to calmly maul the man who just stabbed him.

Attack roll
[roll0]
Crit confirm
[roll1]
Damage roll
[roll2]
Crit damage
[roll3]

Centaur Hero
2014-04-17, 07:12 AM
Roshan's bite fells one of the thugs, tearing flesh from the bone with ease.

Medic!
2014-04-17, 06:20 PM
Bargrum

Seeing the bear charge in and set to work, Bargrum copies the druid's battlecry (without really understanding what it meant, but it sounded good!) and whips his club out. He stalks in towards the nearest thug. If they assaulted a Harper, that's all he needed to know.

Bringing his beat-stick to bear, he growls, "Keep one alive, mind ye just one, t'answer to th' magistrate for what he's done!"
If Bargrum goes first, as above, if not, I'll edit it to fit. Either way he's going to go in and hit somebody.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Centaur Hero
2014-04-17, 10:27 PM
Bargrum

Seeing the bear charge in and set to work, Bargrum copies the druid's battlecry (without really understanding what it meant, but it sounded good!) and whips his club out. He stalks in towards the nearest thug. If they assaulted a Harper, that's all he needed to know.

Bringing his beat-stick to bear, he growls, "Keep one alive, mind ye just one, t'answer to th' magistrate for what he's done!"
If Bargrum goes first, as above, if not, I'll edit it to fit. Either way he's going to go in and hit somebody.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Bargrum's club cracks a skull wide open, and the thug drops in a lifeless heap.

Then two of the thugs move into a flank on Roshan, slicing with daggers.

One hit, then a miss the hit deals 3 damage.

Then the man you all takes to be Slim says, "A werebear eh, let's see what you got", and he shifts into a weird combination of rat and man, and steps up to Roshan biting with his wicked jaw!

Crit, but no confirm. Take 2 damage, and make two concecutive fort saves please.

Rierdon was obviously fighting the urge to run away from the crazy beastwar goings on, but mutters something about how he isn't a coward, and then he moves to the nearest thug and swings his club but his inexperience shows as the thug easily ducks under the blow.

Cleavon
2014-04-18, 04:15 PM
Ulrik

Rushing into the room when he heard battle instantly break out he didn't take much time to think, seeing two thugs attacking Roshan he lashes out with his axe, knowing bloodshed in the Inn was a little much, but he had no choice but to defend his companion, especially given the sight of a were creature.

Actions!
Move up I7 and attack the closest Thug.

Attack1
[roll0]

Damage1
[roll1]

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-18, 04:25 PM
Roshan grunts with pain as the cuts and nicks pile on. He already feels the pain from his unhealed wounds from the yeti fight. No choice though, but to see this through.

He decides the wererat is the most dangerous, and tries to take a hunk out of his hide!

Attack
[roll0]
Crit Confirm
[roll1]
damage
[roll2]
crit damage
[roll3]

Cleavon
2014-04-18, 04:28 PM
Updated Positions!
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/RealInn3_zpsda09b38e.png (http://s538.photobucket.com/user/BrujahKirk/media/RealInn3_zpsda09b38e.png.html)

The thug that Ulrik attacked may be dead, but I left him on the map since I didn't know for sure.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-18, 04:32 PM
If that attack fails to kill the wererat (and I suspect it will), Roshan takes a 5ft step to K8, to back out of the melee.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-18, 11:12 PM
Ulriks blow thuds into the thugs chest, and blood pores out, he staggers back a bit, and pleads for mercy.

The wererat however seems almost unfazed by Roshan's bite, drawing hardly any blood at all.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-21, 01:43 PM
Bragrum hits the wererat with his club, but it seems to have little if any affect on the creature. The wererat however tumbles away from Ulrik, and runs to the nearest window, and dives through it. Glass crashes loudly everywhere in the street below, and you hear shrieks from down there. The final thug five foot steps back, and throws a dagger at Roshan, and stumbles, making his throw miss by a few feet, and it results in him ending up flat on his back as well.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-21, 02:08 PM
Roshan walks over and sits on the unarmed thug.

Touch attack to initiate grapple
[roll0]

Roll to maintain the grapple
[roll1]

Non-lethal damage if grapple succeeds
[roll2] non-lethal damage

If the thug is able to make an aoo, he gets to make one.

Cleavon
2014-04-21, 02:50 PM
Figuring we can do without a Map for now, since the thugs are fairly well taken care of. If we need the map again just say so and I'll update, Jimmy.

Ulrik

Brandishing his war axe Ulrik looks around at the surviving thugs.

"Best the lot o' ye don't be movin' or tryin' anything funny. You're gonna be tellin' us everything you know about that ratty little bastard you were working for."

Centaur Hero
2014-04-21, 10:29 PM
Figuring we can do without a Map for now, since the thugs are fairly well taken care of. If we need the map again just say so and I'll update, Jimmy.

Ulrik

Brandishing his war axe Ulrik looks around at the surviving thugs.

"Best the lot o' ye don't be movin' or tryin' anything funny. You're gonna be tellin' us everything you know about that ratty little bastard you were working for."

They both surrender, and the injured one says he'll tell you anything you want to know, as the other says, you'll get nothing from us.

Medic!
2014-04-22, 02:48 AM
Bargrum

The dwarf eyes the mouthier of the thugs dangerously, "Then ye aren't worth much to keep around are ye? If all ye can talk is sass, me club'll see ye talk it out yer..." the sentence is drowned out by a resounding crack as he:

[on a hit] brings his club down on the the thug's shoulders.

[on a miss] smashes his club against the floor threateningly.

Bargrum attacks, dealing non-lethal damage to soften the punk up/shut the punk up.
Possibly necessary rolls:
[roll0] (with the -4 for non-lethal damage)
[roll1] <--- really dice? really?
[roll2]
[roll3]

Centaur Hero
2014-04-22, 07:08 AM
Bargrum

The dwarf eyes the mouthier of the thugs dangerously, "Then ye aren't worth much to keep around are ye? If all ye can talk is sass, me club'll see ye talk it out yer..." the sentence is drowned out by a resounding crack as he:

[on a hit] brings his club down on the the thug's shoulders.

[on a miss] smashes his club against the floor threateningly.

Bargrum attacks, dealing non-lethal damage to soften the punk up/shut the punk up.
Possibly necessary rolls:
[roll0] (with the -4 for non-lethal damage)
[roll1] <--- really dice? really?
[roll2]
[roll3]

The club hitting the ground next to him seems to shut him up.

Cleavon
2014-04-24, 05:36 AM
Ulrik

Ulrik quickly bends down and checks to see if the man they called a harper is still alive, and if so he gives him treatment.

Use a Cure Minor Wounds on him to stop his bleeding and prevent him from dying.

Centaur Hero
2014-04-24, 10:29 PM
The harper has breathed his final breath. You know deep down, there was nothing you could have done.

Cleavon
2014-04-25, 06:19 PM
Ulrik

"He's dead, Bargrum"

Turning from the dead Harper Ulrik stood and looked to the man who had so quickly said he would sell out his masters.

"Get talking. Why did you all kill this guy, and what is that rat boy got going on here? All of it. Talk!"

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-25, 08:22 PM
Roshan shifts back to orc form, spitting out a mouthfull of rat blood.

"Blech, your boss tastes foul. Tell you fellows what. Anyone who is particularly helpful gets treated well. I really am not a bad fellow under the fur."

Centaur Hero
2014-05-01, 10:25 PM
The injured one says, "What do you want to know?"