PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Tales Your party's name

Hyena
2014-03-18, 02:38 PM
You know what really brings colour to the player parties? Names. Many parties go unnamed, and it's boring - what do they call themselves, "Jessica and friends"? Lame! Even being named after a stick on the ground is better then nothing.
I know I'm not alone in this sentiment, so please - share it.

Personally, my party is called Company of the Hat after the (somewhat) famous historic mercenary band. It also happens, that everybody in the party is wearing hats - even the awakened rat (and it rests on my hat, too).

lytokk
2014-03-18, 02:55 PM
right now, the party I'm DMing for is calling themselves the Knights of Mugsy or something like that. Named after the basic players manual mug the party sorceress bought and then decided to make a backstory too it when I mentioned in the first session the Light spell needs an object to target, and she volunteered her mug. The party flag consists of a squid holding onto said mug. They plan on putting something into each of the squids tentacles.

Is there a word for both loving and hating your group? I mean at the exact same time.

DigoDragon
2014-03-18, 03:32 PM
Is there a word for both loving and hating your group? I mean at the exact same time.

I dunno. My group just calls it "Complicated".

As for team names, we rarely have them.
If we do give ourselves one, it's usually because of some very strange encounter:

Team Trixie: When the party unicorn managed to spectacularly fail in outwitting an opponent, she found herself at the receiving end of a firefight with an Italian mob. The rest of the party, against their better judgement, decided to jump into the fight head on. This nearly got half the team killed and the unicorn managed to turn the fight around by driving the team vehicle through the building (chasing off the mob). Thus, the unicorn heroicly declared her the team savior. While the party refused to recognize the name, the NPC funding the team used it just to annoy everyone except the unicorn.

SDMC: This party got the name from an eccentric and slightly evil wizard. She had no destructive motives, but the party loved to mess with her regardless, usually by blowing up her things. Spectacularly. She was arguing with the party cleric outside her farm when the rest of the party accidently set off her meth lab in the barn. While they were inside. The explosion completely destroyed the barn in a big and VERY familiar mushroom fireball, prompting the wizard to mutter, "Same Damn Mushroom-shaped Cloud". The name stuck as an abreviation.

Aedilred
2014-03-18, 03:41 PM
I don't know; I've always felt party names are a bit goofy unless they're needed for some specific purpose. It depends what the purpose of the party is, and how they meet in the first place, really. If they need a name, it'll probably emerge organically over time as a result of achievements or experiences. It seems like the sort of thing that a party would come up with when required, most likely when actively trying to hawk their services as mercenaries or hirelings, rather than something they'd formalise at the start of a campaign.

And a lot of the time, depending on the nature of the party, it might not even be anything particularly grandiose. If there's a recognised party leader, it might as well just be "Whatsisname and retinue/companions", for instance.

rusty2667
2014-03-18, 04:25 PM
The player's in my group thought it'd be hilarious to call themselves "the Brady Bunch." They went so far as to sew "BB" patches on their clothing.

Nobody is named Brady, they just pulled the name out of their collective rear-ends.

As they grow in fame, I think I'll start having NPCs start asking "So, which one's Brady?" To complete the reference, have the prospective rich NPC employers start offering cigars and telling them how they're "gonna go far." I doubt they'll get it.

sktarq
2014-03-18, 04:29 PM
I usually find name of the party to be secondary to a call phrase, motto, etc. These normally occur naturally over the first few sessions.....The greetest, For no raisin, The committee for bad decisions are a few examples.

Felhammer
2014-03-18, 04:39 PM
They were called Crew of the Mithril Scarf but then their pirate ship was destroyed. Now they are the Crew of the Mithril Mitten, a sturdy dingy that weathered a hurricane and saw the few survivors safely to a deserted and mysterious island. :smallbiggrin:

Kane0
2014-03-18, 05:04 PM
Thugs 4 Less (stolen, cookie to the first who picks it) and Four to a form (on account of the party mascot hosting 4 individuals in his head).

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-18, 05:15 PM
As they grow in fame, I think I'll start having NPCs start asking "So, which one's Brady?" To complete the reference, have the prospective rich NPC employers start offering cigars and telling them how they're "gonna go far." I doubt they'll get it.

Or, for a complete non-sequitur, just ask which one's Pink. :smallwink:

--
Not a party name, but the unofficial name of a short two-player campaign I ran this past summer was The Ivan-Hornan Experience, named for the two characters Ivan and Hornan. :smallbiggrin:

BrokenChord
2014-03-18, 05:51 PM
I was once in an all-Knight game (it was horrid, I hate playing characters without magic) and we named ourselves the Valencian Chroniclers. Chroniclers because our characters were supposed to find and study some historic artifacts, Valencian because we thought it sounded cool.

There was also Vorthil's Guard, but that's because we were, well, body-guarding a guy named Vorthil. So I don't know if it accounts.

I've had about a dozen or so groups I've been in name the group something that calls back to where the group was formed. Mostly standard stuff, but it was kind of cool in a planar-strolling Epic game where we referred to ourselves as the Wanderers of Prime Materia.

starwoof
2014-03-18, 06:05 PM
One of my parties consists of an inquisitor, fighter, and monk. We realized in the first session that we all have at least 18 strength so we started calling ourselves the Squats Club. We go around flexing at NPCs now.

LimeSkeleton
2014-03-18, 06:14 PM
In an old 4e game, my group was a bunch of Pirates/Mercenaries/Professional Thieves and Assassinss, and they collectively called themselves "The Faceless."

In my current 4e game, with the same players and different characters, they've taken up the name "The Iron Martyrs" at my own suggestion. Instead of pirates, they're roaming mercenaries in the wide-open plains, chasing after their ex-bosses that betrayed them.

Averis Vol
2014-03-18, 07:13 PM
My group has been "Bad Company" since the night they left their drugged out, gimp legged captain alone in the rain and being chased by wolves. They said they were going to investigate a camp an told him to stay put. Then they took the dead guys wagon and horses and just left.

Gemini Lupus
2014-03-18, 07:18 PM
In my setting there is an Adventurer's Guild, which requires parties to register not only their name, but also their device.

So in my last campaign, the party named themselves the Order of the Stein and Ram. Their device was a battering ram with a beer stein over it.

This party also found a mascot, in the form of a goblin that they captured. They named him Le'Mac and he became something of comic relief. I based him on the Pathfinder Goblin mascot and gave him the ability to change costumes at will. He understood all languages perfectly, but only spoke in chattering. I decided that he was part of a subrace of goblins, called Gobwins, to distinguish him from the more deadly and serious goblins.

WolfLordBran
2014-03-18, 08:35 PM
In the current Mysts of Time game, the Heroic tier party (Three parties, scattered across Heroic, Paragon, and Epic tiers) is known as "*insert bad word here*-ups Incorporated" since well, the party is a bunch of *insert same bad word here again*-ups.

:tongue:

But somehow we try, and usually succeed, at being Good. Go figure...

comicshorse
2014-03-18, 09:44 PM
In our Eberron game because the group consisted of five members and three of the members tended to use their bare hands (or claws) in combat we called ourselves 'The Crimson Fist' (not terribly original I know)

Anderlith
2014-03-18, 09:58 PM
I had a party founded by me (a human paladin) & an orc barbarian, elven ranger, & an assimar cleric of Pelor.

We had around 10-12 party members because we had a drastically huge gaming group.

We were called the Seraphan (kind of altered from the biblical Seraphim angels)

My paladin spent a sizable amount of gold to get a fancy banner & was the standard bearer. Whenever we had a big battle I'd plant in in the ground & we would fight around it. I even drew it up. It was a crossed greataxe (barbarian) & arrows (ranger) underneath a shield (paladin) depicting a sunrise (cleric of Pelor), representing the founding members.

DSmaster21
2014-03-18, 10:03 PM
Shadowrun: My current party name is "Those Idiots who keep showing up" (or Those idiots for short). Name is taken from a conversation the players eavesdropped on where they were described as such by a group from a megacorp. Basically because they would show up bumble around and just barely succeed and the one time they got caught it was just one of them and it was the ork who is always a cookoocloudlander who spouts non sequiters constantly, Ironically the one person they had no evidence on. So he gets tortured and they get nothing but gems like how he hates soycaf and how he likes the taste of marshmallows. So he got released and since then the corp that they most antagonize has upped their game against Those Idiots, especially the stupid ork.

TuggyNE
2014-03-18, 10:04 PM
I decided that he was part of a subrace of goblins, called Gobwins, to distinguish him from the more deadly and serious goblins.

Are there also dwagons and twolls and marbits? :smalltongue:

FallenFallcrest
2014-03-18, 10:34 PM
The party that I am DMing for is called "The Social Network". It is ironic because they all have miserably low charisma scores. They don't do well in social outing, sadly. At least the face man of the party has mind influencing powers.

Gemini Lupus
2014-03-19, 12:18 AM
Are there also dwagons and twolls and marbits? :smalltongue:

Afraid not, but that is where I got the name from. Fortunately my group doesn't read either OotS or Erfworld, so I can get away with it :smalltongue:

AntiTrust
2014-03-19, 12:29 AM
In a game I'm currently in we're called the Weekday Pirate Gang and as our name would suggest we do all of our big pirating on the weekdays, but on the weekends we party and have a general good time.

Necroticplague
2014-03-19, 02:24 AM
I've been in a group that got the name of 'the gremlins' from the DM, and it kinda stuck. Came from the groups habit of always looting everything they plausibly could. And quite a few that they couldn't. Thus, what also ended up being a running gag/group motto:"A good thief can steal anything that isn't nailed down, on fire, or trying to kill them. An adventurer doesn't leave that much behind them."

Prince Raven
2014-03-19, 04:16 AM
One of the rewards my Dark Heresy players will be getting for successfully completing their first mission will be official recognition by the Inquisition with the designation Venatores.

Socksy
2014-03-19, 04:28 AM
You know what really brings colour to the player parties? Names. Many parties go unnamed, and it's boring - what do they call themselves, "Jessica and friends"? Lame! Even being named after a stick on the ground is better then nothing.

Personally, my party is called Company of the Hat after the (somewhat) famous historic mercenary band. It also happens, that everybody in the party is wearing hats - even the awakened rat (and it rests on my hat, too).

I'm playing as the Rat in the Hat in the Hat. Well, the Pikachu in the Hat in the Hat. Awakened Rat Psion ftw.

BWR
2014-03-19, 05:44 AM
Using the Pathfinder Games Mastery Guide's random adventuring party name generator, my gf's group got "the Valorous Blades of Fate"

Usually we don't bother naming ourselves because IC it's just a group of friends that get together and do stuff. Sometimes they will be members of some larger organization, like a military or a church, and then obviously will use that as an identity.

ElenionAncalima
2014-03-19, 08:28 AM
Never had a group name, but in one game , myself and another player were nicknamed The Suicide Sisters...because we are the only front line fighters...so when one of us would rush into melee, the other one would rush in so they didn't get gangpiled.

In the campaign I DM, my players are going to be entering a tournament where they will need a team name...I dread (but also look forward to) the inevitable creative block. Currently, one of them comes from Tokyo Village, because I asked him the name of his village...he panicked and noticed the game "King of Tokyo" near the table. I will not be surprised if they end up being called "The Bottles of Water"

The_Werebear
2014-03-19, 09:32 AM
My current adventuring group isn't using one, but not for lack of my pushing. I'm advocating for "Knights of the Bloody Pastry" still over a brawl we got into with some orcs over a pie we baked.

Cloud
2014-03-19, 09:51 AM
Our name ended up being "the worst party ever".

Not exactly creative, but what meant to be a good party originally just got darker and darker as the character concepts feed off each other, and we now have a Dwarf Cleric of Hanseth who is continuously drunk and picks fights/drinks/converts people (pretty sure these are done all at the same time), a Human Rogue who is ah, a lady of the night, that uses that position to steal objects and information alike, a Human Duskblade that ended up justifying his choice of using a spiked chain by being a slaver, and a Human Dread Necromancer that worships the Evening Glory who wants to recreate his dead lover, and is only in the party because the Rogue looks like her.

Somehow we actually end up north of neutral in how we act, and get well along enough as a party (in that no one has been stolen from or ended up undead), but yeah, that constant joke between us is that when you look at the component characters, we really should be the worst party ever, but somehow we manage. It helps that the melee-based Cleric has Charisma 6 and thinks that the Dread Necromancer's undead minions aren't undead because he can't turn them. =P

dysprosium
2014-03-19, 10:32 AM
My group's most famous name: League of Moderately Entertaining Fellows (LOMEF for short). We were playing a Faerun campaign and of course wandered into Cormyr so we needed to have an adventuring company name. This campaign started as a joke but grew into one of the most successful ones of my career and has spun off three different campaigns too.

My group in the Age of Worms adventure path is known as the Redeemers Steakhouse. In part four, the party had to enter a gladiatorial style game and they originally had named themselves the Redeemers. The night before their debut they had gone to a particularly poor restaurant and wanted to change their name to You Call this a Steakhouse? Both names were on the printed fliers for the games so of course the crowd in its confusion started chanting both when they started doing well. The way I described the cheering the only intelligible words were Reedemers and Steakhouse. The name has stuck ever since. And to top it off, every new city they went to, the spent time to scout out locations for their new chain of restaurants.

Amaril
2014-03-19, 10:45 AM
My group was officially founded as a privateer company, so it actually does make sense for us to have a name. Our goblin rogue suggested Rohan's Ravens, after my wizard's familiar (Rohan the raven), so we ended up going with that. We have a flag and everything, it's pretty cool.

Erasmas
2014-03-19, 12:30 PM
One of our groups was called the Ramblers. Another was called the Dragoons. Another was the Stormbringers. Our last group probably would've been called the Godslayers... but we retired that batch of characters right after the even that would have earned them that name, so it didn't happen (at least not "in game").

The Bandicoot
2014-03-19, 01:17 PM
We always call ourselves "The Intrepid Adventurers" out of character. In character though we don't have a name. I'd hate to imagine what people call us, a Halfling, a drow, and a half-orc all wearing masks and cutting a bloody swath through the biggest drow gang in Skullport. Did I mention we leave all the dead nicely laid out and given funeral rites as well as eyeless and tongueless?

Rainman3769
2014-03-19, 06:59 PM
Every D&D campaign my group has ever played in, we have always called ourselves The Black Company. I've never understood this, as the name is somewhat ominous and we always play generally good characters. WOD our characters identified their group as "The Heat of the Night" yes that decision was based on too much alcohol & the old 80's police show with Carol O'Conner (Archie Bunker) starring in it.

I am DMing our groups next D&D campaign and I am going to decree they don't get a name until they do something awesome/ridiculous enough to earn one.

Amaril
2014-03-19, 07:59 PM
Every D&D campaign my group has ever played in, we have always called ourselves The Black Company. I've never understood this, as the name is somewhat ominous and we always play generally good characters.

The Black Company is from Glen Cook's fantasy series of the same name. They're the best mercenary company in the world, with a history that stretches back generations and a badass reputation. I'd hazard a guess that it's more that part of the Company that your group is trying to emulate, since the Company has worked for evil empires ruled by dark sorcerer-demigods at least once (they are mercenaries, after all).

Erock
2014-03-19, 08:31 PM
The Happy House of Hoes. We are a very mature group. Clearly.

CoffeeIncluded
2014-03-19, 10:30 PM
The group I'm playing in is called the Asylum Avengers. How did we earn this name? Well, the gnome beguiler can't tell the truth to save his life, the roguebuckler/trapsmith can't speak a clear coherent sentence to save his life, the barbarian doesn't want to be a barbarian anymore and is retraining to become a crusader, the wizard may be going power-mad (it's a bit more complicated though), the old cleric had terrible self-esteem issues, and the new cleric is the only sane one around. And we're avenging the old cleric's death, as well as the death of an npc we had taken a shine to.

In the game I'm dming, the party has named themselves the Wyvern's Fangs, because their mascot (and the goblin rogue's mount) is a young wyvern. They sort of adopted him after rescuing him in the first story arc and after the goblin rogue's player demonstrated her untrained +8 to ride checks, I sort of rolled with it.

Shahanshah
2014-03-20, 11:24 PM
In the campaign I'm currently running all of the players ended up making rogue-ish, untrustworthy, conmen-type characters, comprised of a gnome cleric, a dwarf fighter and a dwarf wizard who are all outcasts/opposed to the evil dwarf empire, and a human female rogue who was once part of a mother-daughter two-person traveling con band.

They called themselves the Honest Gentlemen.

Seharvepernfan
2014-03-21, 07:14 PM
The Rude Knaves

It's from a line of dialogue in the beginning of FFtactics, and it's also a medival version of daft punk.

Defiled Cross
2014-03-31, 10:22 AM
Current party traversing the dangers of my world are referred to as The Merry Band of Pranksters.

:smallbiggrin:

Norin
2014-03-31, 10:31 AM
Order of the Fat Lute...

Saying out loud could be something like "Order of the Phat Loot".

I know, so funny.

DrBurr
2014-03-31, 05:47 PM
My players sadly never named their group, this at first wasn't a problem but after a few adventures they climbed the social hierarchy. Whenever I feel the need to have an NPC formally introduce them I tend to default to "The Lightbringer and his Friends" or some other variant. Lightbringer being the title of the Cleric, which he received after sealing a portal to the Far Realm, who often gets invited to banquets, war meetings and discoveries of cult artifacts.

Lately though one of player, Tom has started calling the rest of the group his Solo-Elite-Minions whenever he does the recap and its starting to catch on, whether it finds its way into the game proper or remains an OOC joke remains to be seen.

Socksy
2014-04-01, 03:28 AM
Order of the Fat Lute...

Saying out loud could be something like "Order of the Phat Loot".

I know, so funny.

That's awful. In the best way possible.

Hobbes1266
2014-04-01, 04:03 PM
"Tier sucks ****!" Is the name the evil epic monster adventuring party I am in took after kidnapping a member of the paladin council of Tier to feed to a mindflayer who knew the location to a plainer portal we needed to find

DarkestKnight
2014-04-03, 07:15 PM
My Rogue Trader group is the Crew of the Lorem Ipsum. (our GM wanted us to pick a name for our ship, but we wrote in 'place holder' and forgot to find a name for the ship. When he insisted we pick something. Guess what Lorem Ipsum translates from latin into english as? GM is not a happy camper about that...)

Thugs 4 Less (stolen, cookie to the first who picks it)

Is...is it from Ratchet and Clank? Do I get a cookie?

arcane_asp
2014-04-04, 10:38 AM
I'm DM'ing a 4E game - they are all big Marvel comics fans, and have settled on the name 'Adventurers Assemble!' :smallannoyed:

Many years ago, during D&D 2E era, I placed myself as leader of the party, naming us 'Phils Fab 5'. None of the characters were called Phil. This was something we though was hilarious at the time.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-04, 10:46 AM
Member of the Wyvern Fangs here! Oh well, Coffee beat me to mention us, anyway in my last Anima Beyond Fantasy game we were the Swift Pirates under the captain Edward Swift! We spent most of the campaign fleeing from the Captain's Brother in-law, a vampiric Pirate lord.... it was as ridiculous and awesome as it sounds.

Meth In a Mine
2014-04-04, 12:28 PM
Our party is the Dysfunctional Diversity Gang, since we have an orc Aegis, one elf Cleric, a half-elf Sorcerer, a human Rogue, a grippli (Frog-person for those who don't know) Investigator, a duergar (me) Fighter, a halfling Wizard, and a ratfolk (although the DM insists on calling ratfolk Nezume) Soulknife. Our racial tensions are always running high, since orcs hate elves (and vice-versa), the half-elf has a phobia of rats, and duergar hate just about everyone except themselves and orcs (since I couldn't find anything that says duergar are enemies of orcs). We used to have a tengu Inquisitor but he was killed during a prison riot by a strength 20 guard toting a greataxe and a penchant for rolling 20s. We also used to have a drow Ranger, but when we fought some NPC drow, the Ranger sided against us, and we killed him very dead.

Neli42
2014-04-04, 09:26 PM
We had a long discussion about names not only for our adventuring company but also for our gaming group. However, we had so many great suggestions (and lousy ones) that we never did come to consensus.

Three campaigns ago we had a heroic scene wherein we crossed a deep chasm to do battle via a magic feather tree token. Once it had been dropped in and the oak tree took root, members of the party grabbed branches as they grew by and were pulled aloft. They then swung across onto a low wall on the other side of the dry moat and engaged the enemy. This was such a cinematic moment that it had to be memorialized. We took to referring to our company as "We Arrive by Oak."

In our current campaign the semi-facetious suggestion has been made that we call ourselves "We Are not Werewolves," since lycanthropic rumors started cropping up around town just about the same time as we became active there. :smallfrown:

Peregrine
2014-04-05, 04:50 AM
"The Celadians", Celadia being a country in the setting. This was not "my" party as such, but the party in the campaign I DM'd for several years, and I'm more or less the one to blame for their name.

At first, they didn't really have any name, though I seem to recall them being known as "Rubin's company" (or "squad" or somesuch) from time to time--Rubin being their NPC superior in the Celadian army. Once they left the army and the country (which had kind of fallen apart, and no it wasn't their fault), some NPCs (i.e. me) started calling them the Celadians. This was somewhat inaccurate, since it's not entirely clear that any of them were actually Celadian (two definitely weren't, and two never specified whether their beloved peasant villages were in Celadia or not). But that's where three of them had come from, from the perspective of the NPCs, so...

The players seemed to like the name, or at least they liked having a name (and the recognition that it implied), so it stuck.

Also it gave me something to call the campaign on Epic Words.

Hat-Trick
2014-04-07, 07:37 AM
My friend is running the Age of Worms campaign for our group of (at the time) three people, two of which are playing two characters. My pair consists of a down to earth, no nonsense grippli gunslinger who basically keeps the group focused (as Chaotic Neutral no less), and a mute arena fighter/prefessional dancer human monk with phoenix ancestry. Both characters are heavy drinkers, as they both have mechanics that rely on imbibing alcohol.

My monk, being an arena fighter was ecstatic at the idea of participating in the gladiatorial event, but couldn't apply alone, being mute and all, so my gunslinger went with to register. When asked for a team name, the gunslinger paused for a moment before blurting out "The Diamond Lake Saints" based off the town we started the campaign in. Luckily, no one objected, so I feel sort of proud of it.

The Blackbird
2014-04-08, 07:28 PM
I recently had the honor of naming a mostly lawful evil group. We call ourselves the Sovereign's Vanguard. Which I was rather proud I came up with because I at least think it sounds really cool.

Platinum Piece
2014-04-09, 02:23 PM
We call ourselves "The Emissarys of Lord Cedric of the Tusk"

In game Tusk is an actual region.

Lord Cedric of Tusk happens to be our drow gunslinger's rhino mount.

imaloony
2014-04-09, 06:41 PM
I think only one of my parties received a proper title. Our group worked for Ledo Jans, the crown prince of the human realm so we called ourselves "Ledo's Traveling Circus."

Sasaisen
2014-04-09, 07:48 PM
Against the will of the other characters (the players were fine with it), my warrior-bard and roommate's summoner turned our party into a band. While the list is by no means exhaustive, these are some of the names we churned through before those characters exited:

Ritual Defect and the Stretch
Kung Pow Wombat
Bandits Dragging Dwarves
Strom Theramin
Absorb the Souls
Rendezvous Titillation
Lions of Chaos
Beer Perfectionists
Trojan Raptor
Tenacious Diego
Aggressive Emancipation
Five Men Come
Dead Rebels
Eye of the *******
Saviours of the World, etc.
Druids Ate My Baby
Stories of the Dead Rising
Mechanical Man Things
Asses of Guitar
Multiculty
Sex Mullet
Hipsters of Everything
The Bat Ate It
Sexapod Monkey
Ninja Elephant
Bat Jihad
(We're Actually Just Screaming Into a Mike)
Diego and the Rathers
Rico and the Rather Nots
Spontaneous Machine Building
Slammin' Famine
Flight of the Whorebalers
Foot and Other Foot
Undrek, Bringer of Grog
Footwork Like a No-Legged Man
Raining Black

We would change names 2-3 times a session, never reusing a name, and for some reason no-one we met had ever heard of us.

stupiddDice
2014-04-09, 09:56 PM
In one game, we were the Fellowship of Ammo. Ammo was a cat we found in a Dwarf Fortress inspired dungeon that we tried to weaponize. Too bad the game ended that session because the DM could not make time.

Soarel
2014-04-09, 11:01 PM
As the designer of our current campaign setting, and the player who most frequently DMs our Pathfinder games I have the right to determine party names. Thanks to my love of rats, so far every name has involved rats in some way, including:

>Dungeon Rats (first party under this name)

>The Ratriders

>Ratsniffers

>The Rat Pack

>Rat Colony

>Ratlings and Halflings (current party)

the OOD
2014-04-10, 06:04 PM
the Trenchcoat Brigade.

Phoenixguard09
2014-05-04, 09:55 AM
Meh, why not. :smalltongue:

My group has taken to calling themselves the Order of the Murder-Hobo, though completely out of character, so far at least.

Three guesses why... :smallwink:

Kid Jake
2014-05-04, 01:17 PM

The players in my current Mutants and Masterminds group call themselves McCrow and Friends. It's a two man party and the guy playing McCrow got to name the team in exchange for a reduced percentage of any cash they retrieve. In character the two are constantly belittling each other and it just makes sense for the overly-macho glory hog to attempt to take credit for everything they do while reducing his co-founder to the role of 'and Friends'.

DeadMech
2014-05-05, 02:27 AM
Bahamut's Wing.

Gamgee
2014-05-05, 04:39 AM
Kill Team Epsilon in the Deathwatch Game

Squad 23465357 *insert numbers* in the Only War Game

No group name in Numenera

No group name in Pathfinder/crazies. Since no on believes they traveled forward in time.

Mandalore's Chosen in the Saga game form eons ago

Peregrine
2014-05-05, 07:51 AM
My group has taken to calling themselves the Order of the Murder-Hobo[...]

Three guesses why... :smallwink:
Mmm... because some of them are Murders, that is, from the land of Murd; and the rest are Hobo, which is the plural of Hobe, meaning an inhabitant of the city-state of Hobeac? :smallconfused: