PDA

View Full Version : What Should Happen to Roy [Possible Spoiler]

Satyrwyld
2007-02-03, 08:40 AM
Hopefully this will end the debate once and for all:

We have people drawing a comparison between Miko's attacks on Shojo, and Roy's subsequent attacks on Miko. Let him suffer the same punishment then.

I say: Take away Roy's Paladin abilities and be done with it.

And if Roy cuts her in half, or beats Hinjo within an inch of his life, then we subdue him and put him on trial. If he cannot be subdued, he must be killed.

Until he does any of that, though, the removal of all conduct-enforced class abilities should suffice, as it did for Miko.

Dectilon
2007-02-03, 08:43 AM
The hell are you talking about? : P

fwiffo
2007-02-03, 08:46 AM
Yeah. Roy clearly has not been living up to the paladin code and so his paladin levels should be stripped and given to Belkar.

Learnedguy
2007-02-03, 09:49 AM
Indeed, strip him of his ranks I say!

Erk
2007-02-03, 10:09 AM
Here, here! Abso-freakin'-lutely. I am sick and tired of Roy getting away with using his god-given powers to lord it over everyone around him and maintain the moral high ground, insisting that everything he does is for the greater good and sanctioned by divine authority.

Green Bean
2007-02-03, 10:11 AM
Absolutely take them away from Roy! You need to give it to someone who understands the serious nature of his divine duty. Someone focused, and self-sufficient. Someone like.... :elan:

Swashbuckler
2007-02-03, 10:58 AM
Naw ... I say let Roy keep his divine abilities. That way, he can Fall too, and be an even better blackguard than Miko ever could be.

Neo
2007-02-03, 11:01 AM
yeah, he should be stripped of all classes but his primary class.

Porthos
2007-02-03, 11:14 AM
What are you guys talking about! Roy is obviously blessed by the gods themselves.... I mean, look at his green glowing sword. If that's not a sign of Divine Approval, I don't know what is.

Roy should keep any and all Divine abilities he had before #406! :smallfurious:

Sethis
2007-02-03, 11:31 AM
Hopefully this will end the debate once and for all:

We have people drawing a comparison between Miko's attacks on Shojo, and Roy's subsequent attacks on Miko. Let him suffer the same punishment then.

I say: Take away Roy's Paladin abilities and be done with it.

And if Roy cuts her in half, or beats Hinjo within an inch of his life, then we subdue him and put him on trial. If he cannot be subdued, he must be killed.

Until he does any of that, though, the removal of all conduct-enforced class abilities should suffice, as it did for Miko.

I don't believe I can quantify the amount of effort it is taking to hold back my laughter.....

This thread delivers.

BardicLasher
2007-02-03, 12:22 PM
I don't believe I can quantify the amount of effort it is taking to hold back my laughter.....

This thread delivers.

Then remove the effort.

**laughs loudly and enthusiastically**

Golt
2007-02-03, 01:42 PM
Absolutely take them away from Roy! You need to give it to someone who understands the serious nature of his divine duty. Someone focused, and self-sufficient. Someone like.... :elan:

Ha! But what are those puny abilities to :elan:! He, who is the true prophet of Banjuhlu needs not any of these treats. The Twelve Gods are nothing compared to the power of His banjo!

chibibar
2007-02-03, 01:54 PM
Didn't you know that Green means go!!! Go Roy Go!!!

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 01:58 PM
What are you guys talking about! Roy is obviously blessed by the gods themselves.... I mean, look at his green glowing sword. If that's not a sign of Divine Approval, I don't know what is.

That was from the Starmetal in the sword.

Porthos
2007-02-03, 02:01 PM
That was from the Starmetal in the sword.

Starmetal comes from the sky.

Gods live in the sky.

Therefore Roy is blessed by the Gods.

And thus Roy should not lose any Paladin Levels he had when he attacked Miko.

QED. :smalltongue:

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 02:03 PM
I don't think you're getting the spirit of this thread.

No, I'm not, so what is the "Spirit" of this thread?

chibibar
2007-02-03, 02:04 PM
Starmetal comes from the sky.

Gods live in the sky.

Therefore Roy is blessed by the Gods.

QED. :smalltongue:

that is a stretch... I'll go with that :)

Also his dad bound and gag a being of pure lawful and good.... His family gotta be blessed by the gods to pull that kind of stunt.

Porthos
2007-02-03, 02:09 PM
No, I'm not, so what is the "Spirit" of this thread?

I edited my response to something funnier... but...

<Explaining Jokes Ruins Them Department>
This thread is a parody of the "Miko should/shouldn't fall for her actions" and the "Roy should/shouldn't have attacked Miko" threads by claiming that Roy The Paladin should Fall for attacking Miko. Now Roy isn't a Paladin (which is why this is a parody thread), but people are acting in this thread like he is.

Thus we are making up a bunch of joking references to why Roy might or might not lose his (non-exisistant) powers.

My contribution was to make a wildly inaccurate/deluded statement about the source of the green glow on Roy's sword. Kinda like the sort of argument a certain Fallen Paladin might make round about now. :smalltongue:

</Explaining Jokes Ruins Them Department>

Hope this helps. :smallsmile:

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 02:12 PM
I edited my response to something funnier... but...

<Explaining Jokes Ruins Them Department>
This thread is a parody of the "Miko should/shouldn't fall for her actions" threads by claiming that Roy The Paladin should Fall for attacking Miko. Now Roy isn't a Paladin (which is why this is a parody thread), but people are acting in this thread like he is.

Thus we are making up a bunch of joking references to why Roy might or might not lose his (non-exisistant) powers.

My contribution was to make a wildly inaccurate/deluded statement about the source of the green glow on Roy's sword. Kinda like the sort of argument a certain Fallen Paladin might make round about now. :smalltongue:

</Explaining Jokes Ruins Them Department>

Hope this helps. :smallsmile:

I knew that much, I just thought there was something deeper. *Rolls Eyes*

Porthos
2007-02-03, 02:14 PM
I knew that much, I just thought there was something deeper. *Rolls Eyes*

No, not really. I'm a pretty simple person when it comes to humor. :smallbiggrin:

Khantalas
2007-02-03, 02:15 PM
Yeah, that's the point. Roy doesn't have to live up to a code of conduct, unlike Miko. But people say it's inappropriate for him to act the way he did, beating up Miko, just like it was inappropriate for Miko to attack and slash the wacky old dude with the cat.

Note that the information in this post was brought together by several Sapphire Guard paladins, bathroom gossip, wild speculation... and a magic 8-ball.

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 02:18 PM
No, not really. I'm a pretty simple person when it comes to humor. :smallbiggrin:
Obviously.

people say it's inappropriate for him to act the way he did, beating up Miko, just like it was inappropriate for Miko to attack and slash the wacky old dude with the cat.

Okay... It was either that or a dead Hinjo.

Porthos
2007-02-03, 02:25 PM
<Weight. Of. Serious. Discussion. Choking. Life. Out. Of. Thread.>

<Cough>

<Gurgle>

Okay... It was either that or a dead Hinjo.

Yes! That's another reason why Roy shouldn't lose any Class Features from Divine Sources! He just came in and rescued a Super Good Paladin at great risk to his own health.

Heck, Roy should stop being a Paladin and go straight to Exalted status for these actions! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:
:smalltongue:

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 02:27 PM
Hell, he could even become a GOD like BANJO!!!!!!
*Rolls eyes again*
(In all seriousness - Banjo is the greatest god ever.)

Porthos
2007-02-03, 02:29 PM
Hell, he could even become a GOD like BANJO!!!!!!
*Rolls eyes again*
(In all seriousness - Banjo is the greatest god ever.)

Hmmm. A Pantheon with Banjo and Roy in it? Where do I sign up? :smallcool:

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 02:30 PM
Okay, this is getting old...
Banjo is the only god in his pantheon.

Khantalas
2007-02-03, 02:32 PM
He should be the God of Awesome. With 21 Divine Ranks.

And automatically gain all the benefits of all exalted feats, but none of the drawbacks.

He should also be able to use all the abilities of a 20th level wizard, druid and cleric (yes, all of them) without any level adjustment.

He may as well get the Divine Minion template and go the path of Master of Many Forms. And a level of Wizard to get a rat familiar.

krossbow
2007-02-03, 02:34 PM

seriously though, if he wasn't chaotic (required to be a bard), Elan would make a better paladin than most of those shown so far; he's probably the most pure good character at least.

Elan for the new ruler of saphire city I say! :smalltongue: :smallwink:

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 02:36 PM
Ha! But what are those puny abilities to :elan:! He, who is the true prophet of Banjuhlu needs not any of these treats. The Twelve Gods are nothing compared to the power of His banjo!

Banjuhlu was only in one strip.
Banjo was in, like, five.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BANJO!!!!!!!! I am being serious about this...

AyuVince
2007-02-03, 03:30 PM
You're ALL wrong. It is Belkar who should lose his blackguard powers, because by helping Roy/Hinjo against Miko, and possibly dealing less than 1 subdual damage to her, he committed a lawful AND good act. Therefore he should be stripped of his blackguard powers, gain paladin levels and be accepted into the Sapphire Guard as an acolyte!

The Extinguisher
2007-02-03, 06:29 PM
This thread is now officialy awesome.

Khantalas
2007-02-03, 06:39 PM
I also expect Elan to lose his ability to progress as a monk, you know.

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 06:44 PM
See... Now this topic here is why we have mods.

The Extinguisher
2007-02-03, 06:47 PM
Why? It's clever use of Satire and comedy to express and opinion to everyone who wants to see Roy hang from smacking around Miko.

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-03, 06:49 PM
Normally I use comedy in my posts (Other sites), but this thread doesn't even use logic and is not funny.

Demented
2007-02-03, 06:57 PM
Your defiance of the funny in this thread is an Evil act!
For this you must fall!
I call upon the twelve gods to revoke your right to Smite Evil!

Also, this post constitutes as a peaceful contact with an evil outsider (Me).
Your level in Blackguard is a Go.
I repeat, your level in Blackguard is a Go.
Weather report says to watch out for falling Paladins.

Payne
2007-02-03, 06:58 PM
He should be the God of Awesome. *snip*And a level of Wizard to get a rat familiar.

I tought Elan was Banjo's familiar... :smallbiggrin:

rosebud
2007-02-03, 07:48 PM
Hey, please be careful here, folks. All this talk of "Black Guard" -- do you want Roy to file a discrimination complaint to the EEOC? The innuendo comments about Miko generated two complaints and a threatened lawsuit. And Haley already considered a sexual harassment action against the Stick Corporation after the last costume requirement. And let's not even bring up what Belkar has to go through every day or Elan's invisible scenes.

the_tick_rules
2007-02-03, 07:54 PM
how long would that last?

Erk
2007-02-03, 07:56 PM
Normally I use comedy in my posts (Other sites), but this thread doesn't even use logic and is not funny.Dude, you're the only one not enjoying it, so stop being such a stick-in-the-mud. This is a discussion site for a humour comic. Though many seem to have forgotten, we are here because Order of the Stick is funny. Being silly about it is expected. If you're not amused, stop trying to rain on everyone else's parade.

Anyway, I have devised the ideal plan:
1) Roy is held accountable for his actions and Falls, becoming nothing more than a fighter with bonus feats.
2) Banjo is revived and fully ascends (we all know he has much power than he has shown)
3) Banjo, seeing that Miko was indeed a Meany and that Roy is the older brother figure to Banjo's high priest Elan, declares Roy his newest Avatar... on the condition that Roy will take Elan bowling every sunday (or to an equivalent fun activity, inc. ice cream or minigolf)
4) Roy gets his abilities back as the Avatar of Banjo, making Elan very happy.

I think we have essentially predicted how the next few comics must turn out.

TinSoldier
2007-02-03, 11:54 PM
I don't think that Roy should fall. Otherwise he would lose his Smite Stupid and/or Smite Crazy class abilities. It has been shown over and over again that he needs these in order to be a fully realized character.

Arbitrarity
2007-02-04, 12:06 AM
No, Elan should become a god.

After all, Odin likes puppets!

Satyrwyld
2007-02-04, 12:51 AM
See... Now this topic here is why we have mods.

I used logic. My post was set up in a very distinct if A = B and B = C, then a = C type format. I skipped the step of summarizing what has been said in other threads, true, but the logic is there.

Granted, there are any number of threadjackers drawing the subject away from the very serious matter of Roy and his Fall. Remember, threadjackers: what you're doing is extensive jumping to conclusions, thus very Evil, and you'll be losing your paladin abilities for it too.

...really, my friend, people are enjoying themselves, and having fun, and not screaming at each other over whether CG Belkar is more redeemable than LN Miko. If you don't like the thread, don't read it, but let the people who are enjoying it do so. It beats the alternative, IMHO.