PDA

View Full Version : Races of Stone for Paladins

Afgncaap5
2014-03-18, 05:39 PM
A DM is planning an upcoming campaign where he asked us to make a level 1 character and provide a backstory. After I did that, he said that he was opening up Races of Stone for my dwarfish Paladin to use. I hadn't been aware that some books were off the table (though I'd used mainly core for that first level) but decided that I should look up Races of Stone to see what I could get from it.

Unfortunately, I've not found too much yet. No racial substitution levels for paladins, and while some of the feats look interesting I'm not seeing much to work with. I'm wondering if anyone here has noticed any fun things to work with here apart from the basics.

NoACWarrior
2014-03-18, 05:49 PM
Take a look at the equipment. Dwarf Armor is some of the best non-magical armor bonuses in the game. Martial proficiency in dwarf weapons can be helpful at times.

Sayt
2014-03-18, 06:27 PM
Dwarven Warpike is a Godly polearm of great jaw and face-breaking.

Alternatively, if your GM is willing to wave the Paladin's multiclass/PRC restrictions and allows you to take the Dragon magazine Feat Serenity, a one level dip in Battlesmith will let you add your Wis to damage and saves and reduces your Madness.

My currant dwarven Gish is using Dwarven Battleplate, which is handily fun, and the Interlocking scale and plate are mechanically interesting, if not amazing.

Earth hammer is a fun spell, as it stacks with size changes, so Earth hammer plus a wizards Enlarge person puts your weapon size up to huge.