PDA

View Full Version : Finding a Place to Play in Albany

Benthesquid
2014-03-18, 09:10 PM
So I'm trying to start up a Pathfinder game with some folks in Albany, NY. The only issue is, I've played with these people before, and I know that there'll be days when some of them aren't available. Since I myself have quite a commute to get to Albany, I can't host the game myself, and I'd rather not have it at someone's house and risk not being able to have the game at all when one person isn't available.

There are a couple game stores in Albany- will most game stores host a private game? Obviously it's ultimately up to the individual store, but is that a thing that anyone does?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any restaurants or other establishments (either chains, or ones specifically in Albany) that are friendly to Pen and Paper RPGers?

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-18, 09:15 PM
There are a couple game stores in Albany- will most game stores host a private game? Obviously it's ultimately up to the individual store, but is that a thing that anyone does?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any restaurants or other establishments (either chains, or ones specifically in Albany) that are friendly to Pen and Paper RPGers?

Yes, that's fairly common for hobby shops, in my experience. The one around here tends to have more MtG and Warhammer games than PF or D&D, but those show up every once in a while.

I've heard from a few posters that Denny's is accommodating of games, although I would imagine they expect you to get dinner there.

SixWingedAsura
2014-03-19, 01:52 PM
How close/far are you from Herkimer? I know there's a game shop there, but alas, I've never been to Albany. Try looking stuff up on Google if need be.