PDA

View Full Version : Age of Worms in Golarion- merging the lore.

Bayonet Priest
2014-03-18, 09:22 PM
I've posted this elsewhere but I'd like to see the Playground's thoughts on the subject.

Possible Spoilers Ahead

I've been thinking about setting the adventure path in Golarion. I have a good idea of where to set the various modules location-wise, Varisia makes a good setting for Diamond Lake, with Magnimar as the Free City.

What I need help with is merging the lore and backstory of the two settings with respect to AoW.

Anybody have suggestions on incorporating Kyuss and Dragotha into Golarion. The Wind Dukes and their tombs? (the only bit of the early adventures I'm not sure fits in Varisia, most of the ruins here are Thassilonian in nature)

Forrestfire
2014-03-18, 09:52 PM
I'm currently a player in an Age of Worms campaign, and so far, everything we've done seems like it'd work just fine in any setting, assuming you had Kyuss hanging around way back when. Assuming that there's dungeons and cities to drop the path into, I don't think there'd be much of a large issue.

Bayonet Priest
2014-03-18, 10:06 PM
I'm currently a player in an Age of Worms campaign, and so far, everything we've done seems like it'd work just fine in any setting, assuming you had Kyuss hanging around way back when. Assuming that there's dungeons and cities to drop the path into, I don't think there'd be much of a large issue.

Yeah, I was pleased with how easily everything seems to slot into Golarion locationwise. I really like the Greyhawk lore presented in AoW though. I was hoping to preserve that in a way that meshed well with Golarion's own lore and background.

On the Wind Dukes, perhaps they fought alongside the Gods against Rovagug. So Rovagug = Queen of Chaos and Miska the Wolfspider = A new Spawn of Rovagug.