PDA

View Full Version : Big Baddie...

evyldead
2014-03-18, 10:39 PM
So how would you create Sephiroth.... any builds out there already made or any ideas and/or thoughts on how to build him ...

NoACWarrior
2014-03-19, 01:39 AM
I'd do my standard Soulborn Sword Build picking up Incarnate Weapon with an extra Shape Soulmeld Feat, then crossing into Kensai to pump up that longsword with sizing, keen, magebane, vicious, and soulbound weapon lesser.

Use the various soulmelds that soulborn get to emulate certain things good ol' sephiroth could do.

But the main point is that sephiroth's sword would always come back to him if dropped or disarmed, and cannot be sundered, and remains intact even in AM fields. Plus its a +5 sizing, keen, magebane, vicious (large) longsword which looks like its huge.

Make him a Lawful Evil Azurin, 8 levels in Soulborn, 5 levels in Kensai.

1st bonus: Combat Expertise - take penalty up to -5 on attack to gain +5 dodge until next turn
1st : Shape Soulmeld (Incarnate Weapon) - Longsword lawful aligned invest +bonus
3rd: Weapon Focus (Longsword) - +1 to attack on Long Sword
3rd Bonus: Sapphire Smite (2) - +1 ess, 1/day for 24 hours invest for 1 smite and +1 dmg
6th: Bonus Essentia - +2 ess
7th Bonus: Cobalt Charge - +1 ess, 1/day for 24 hours invest for +1 insight atk dmg charge
9th: Monkey Grip?

Falcon X
2014-03-19, 01:50 PM
So, if I remember right, the main distinguishing attributes of Sephiroth are:

1. He can bind materia to himself
- Possibly an Artificer?
2. He has a big sword
- Either a katana, or homebrew an exotic weapon.
3. He keeps on talking about his "Mother" who was an alien of sorts
- Alienist Prestige class (Complete Arcane) has the right flavor, hands-down.
- Possibly make him an undead and give him a Mother Cyst feat? It's be really creepy, but flavorful if he was talking to his tumor like it's his mother.
- Just make him a fanatic for a deity. Cleric would work.
4. He is a genetically modified super-soldier
- Grafts? Grafts could work. Possibly Deathless grafts of Fiend grafts.

So, basically, I'd graft up an Artificer, talk the DM into letting it qualify for Alienist Prestige class, and give him a big sword. Possibly a dip somewhere draconic or warlock to get him some wings.

evyldead
2014-03-21, 02:11 AM
I would love to see this build come on to paper. Will you help me ??

CIDE
2014-03-21, 02:38 AM
This depends entirely on which version of Sephiroth you want to use. Human SOLDIER 1st class hero Sephiroth? Jenova monster Sephiroth? Jenova Astral Projection Sephiroth? Also, are you just trying to flavor the guy like Sephiroth or are you really wanting to get into the fluff of Sephiroth from Ultimania and the ebooks and such out there? cause there's a lot of stuff not covered directly in the lore that a lot of people don't know about.

evyldead
2014-03-21, 01:21 PM
This depends entirely on which version of Sephiroth you want to use. Human SOLDIER 1st class hero Sephiroth? Jenova monster Sephiroth? Jenova Astral Projection Sephiroth? Also, are you just trying to flavor the guy like Sephiroth or are you really wanting to get into the fluff of Sephiroth from Ultimania and the ebooks and such out there? cause there's a lot of stuff not covered directly in the lore that a lot of people don't know about.

Honestly, I would like to get his casting capabilities in there, his sword, hiw one winged form and all the nice fluff

CIDE
2014-03-21, 05:55 PM
Technically, Sephiroth is Pun-Pun of Final Fantasy VII. Not true Pun-Pun but going by fluff in the extra material (I know he never actually demonstrates it in the games/movie) but he apparently has all materia/powers/whatever already absorbed and known without having to actually use Materia. At the very least he is of a race that gets racial casting.

What power level/optimization level are we looking at here?

DMVerdandi
2014-03-21, 06:54 PM
Alright, this is how I would make materia...
Aureon's spellshards. Use those to simulate the spell's knowledge being held within the materia. Have them for sale with certain spells within each one. Since there are more spells in DND than FF7, just have them hold whole levels of spells from classes.

Each class has all of their spells routinely scribed on these spell shards. No secrecy, none of that. Hell have a guild that regulates the sale of them.

Now, you are going to want all spells, so lets say that you can buy any spell list in divine for ease.

Now make sephiroth a
half-celestial archivist(Spell-point)xx//factotum1/warbladexx .

If all spells are divine, one only needs buy the spell shards.

I would really home-brew though.
Make a 20 level prestige class called SOLDIER, only to be held by a specific template "Shinra-project". Projects come in S/G/D/ (Sephiroth,genesis,deep ground )

You know where to take it from there...

CIDE
2014-03-21, 08:10 PM
Nice set up. Just that Post-human Sephiroth no longer uses Materia. But that is a good idea to simulate it.