PDA

View Full Version : Minor Servitor question..

Kerilstrasz
2014-03-19, 12:19 AM
Can someone guide me to a site or a book that explains Minor Servitor spell ?
I found it at D&Dtools but it lefts me with so many questions, like:
Ok,it gives resemblance of life and movement, but what type of movement?
I suppose a animated boat has swim speed, but does it have normal speed too?
An animated carriage has normal speed, but could it have fly speed too???
and how much is that speed?

questions like these.. so.. instead of asking 1 by 1 these questions, i d appreciate a book or a site to read em

thank you all for your time

Kerilstrasz
2014-03-21, 04:29 AM
Noone?
Really?

rmnimoc
2014-03-21, 04:54 AM
Other statistics for animated objects are found in the Monster Manual.

Improved Speed (Ex)
The base land speed given in the statistics block assume that an animated object lurches, rocks, or slithers along.

Objects with two legs (statues, ladders) or a similar shape that allows faster movement have a +10 foot bonus to speed. Objects with multiple legs (tables, chairs) have a +20 foot bonus to speed. Wheeled objects have a +40 foot bonus to speed.

Objects might have additional modes of movement. A wooden object can float and has a swim speed equal to half its land speed. A rope or similar sinuous object has a climb speed equal to half its land speed. A sheetlike object can fly (clumsy maneuverability) at half its normal speed.

Last line in the spell's description and the animated objects entry of the SRD.

Yanisa
2014-03-21, 04:59 AM
The wording is similar to the Animate Object (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/animateObjects.htm) spell. Based on that a Rowboat would have 20 ft. walking speed and 10 ft. swim speed. A sheetlike object could have fly speed, but a carriage would not.

Just read the whole page here: Animated Object (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/animatedObject.htm). Under combat it has an ability called Improved Speed which deals with movement speeds.

Edit: Also swordsaged, do'h.